lpr command and escape codes

j_e...@my-deja.com

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
When I send a text file to our HP Colorjet printer, I cannot get the
escape codes to work. I have the codes in to tell it to use paper tray
2 but it never does, as well as several other esc codes I have entered.
I even did an od on the file to make sure the codes were correct and
they are (using 27 for the escape character). I am beginning to wonder
if the esc code is stripped by the lpr command when executed. Anyone
got any ideas???
I have tried "to_dos" on the text file as well but no difference.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tarjei T. Jensen

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00

j_e...@my-deja.com wrote in message <8mmehh$p8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

Are you sure that the actual escape codes gets inserted. I have had no problems
with this. You should supply a dump from od which shows the escape codes (2 or
3 lines should be enough).

Greetings,