Genealogy program?

Chris Freyer

Jan 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/31/97

Is there a genealogy program for the Psion?
Seems possible. I'm considering buying a 3A or 3C
(wife permitting), and would like to use one if it
exists. If not, I just might have to write one (grin).

Also--I've seen no unsatisfied users of Psion's
products. Is that generally the case, or are only
the happy ones posting?

PS--Anyone have a Psion 3a/c for sale? Thanks!!!

| Chris | email : cfr...@southeast.net |
| Freyer | website: http://users.southeast.net/~cfreyer |

Mark Christian

Feb 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/1/97

In article <5ctpr6$s...@ns2.southeast.net>, Chris Freyer
<cfr...@southeast.net> writes

Kevin Groves has written a freeware package called kGene. You can get it
by mailing him at kgr...@cix.compulink.co.uk

--
Revd. Mark Christian

40 Beechfield Road
Davenport
Stockport
CHESHIRE
SK3 8SF
UK

+44 161 483 3350

Pete Sipple

Feb 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/2/97

I'd highly recommend Kgene - as reviewed in Palmtop Magazine. Download it
from the Palmtop Magazine's new Software reference page.

Regards,

Pete

Pete's Homepage: http://members.aol.com/petesipple
Palmtop Magazine: http://members.aol.com/palmtop

Martin N. Dunstan

Feb 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/3/97

> In article <5ctpr6$s...@ns2.southeast.net>, Chris Freyer
> <cfr...@southeast.net> writes
> >Is there a genealogy program for the Psion?
> >Seems possible. I'm considering buying a 3A or 3C
> >(wife permitting), and would like to use one if it
> >exists. If not, I just might have to write one (grin).

There are three Psion genealogy programs that are
currently available via the Web: try them and see which
suits you the best. The first two listed are freeware
and the last is shareware.

Gedfried: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/aeschbi/gedfried.htm
KGene: http://members.aol.com/palmtop/software/kgene107.zip
Geni: http://www-theory.dcs.st-andrews.ac.uk/~mnd/export/geni/

Martin (author of Geni ;)

T.M.Weston

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

In article <5ctpr6$s...@ns2.southeast.net>, cfr...@southeast.net (Chris
Freyer) wrote:

> Is there a genealogy program for the Psion?
> Seems possible. I'm considering buying a 3A or 3C
> (wife permitting), and would like to use one if it
> exists. If not, I just might have to write one (grin).

Chris
There are two, serch the newsgroup and binary files. One is called Kgene,
written by Kevin Groves, but I'm not sure what the other is called.
Tom

Alan Thwaits

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

In <5ctpr6$s...@ns2.southeast.net>, cfr...@southeast.net (Chris Freyer) writes:

>Is there a genealogy program for the Psion?

Geni v1.1 is an *excellent* genealogy app for the Psion 3a and 3c. Reads GEDCOM
files, does a nice bit of compression, allows sophisticated browsing.

Look for Geni at:

http://www-theory.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/export/mnd/geni/

Regards,

Alan Thwaits
Psion Enthisiasts' Association of Toronto

Steve Wheatley

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

> There are three Psion genealogy programs that are
>currently available via the Web: try them and see which
>suits you the best. The first two listed are freeware
>and the last is shareware.
>
>Gedfried: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/aeschbi/gedfried.htm
>KGene: http://members.aol.com/palmtop/software/kgene107.zip
>Geni: http://www-theory.dcs.st-andrews.ac.uk/~mnd/export/geni/
>
> Martin (author of Geni ;)

Please note that the Gedfried page has moved to:

http://www.village.ch/~aeschbacher/gedfried.html

----
Steve Wheatley
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex, England.