The Great Palm Vx Shortage

Torajima

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

Well, after weighing the pros and cons of each Palm device, I *finally*
decided which model was right for me... the Palm Vx, mostly due to it's
small size and superior screen.

But now I go to buy one, and what's this? Everyone is out of them. And
I do mean everyone.. all my local retailers (Best Buys, Circuit City,
Staples), all my usual mail order houses (MacMall, MacWarehouse,
MacZone, ClubMac), and even Palm's own web store. Apparently, the Palm
Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.

I've been patient thus far... I researched and tried out Palms for over
a month before deciding which one I wanted to purchase... but now that
I've made my decision, I want a Palm Vx, and I want it NOW!

Sigh. How much longer am I going to have to wait? ^_^

Torajima

--
Send email to torajima "at" mindspring "dot" com

Torajima

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
Earlier I wrote:

> Apparently, the Palm
> Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.

That should be "commodity". Stupid spell checker...

Torajima

Steve Duncan

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
I am in the same boat, only worse - my local office max has them, but at the
old $450 price tag. They will match another price, as long as I can bring in
an ad with the competitive price. This is, of course, not possible as no
store has an ad with the palm vx at the new price. So now I sit here trying
to decide if I'm willing to pay the extra $50....

The palm web site says they are back ordered until 2/28/00 - at least that
is the ship date they gave when I went to order it. When I discovered they
were going to nail me for sales tax as well as shipping I declined. So I
figure it will be March before I can buy one.

However, at least I have my IIIx here to keep me company ;-)

Torajima <Seeb...@seebelow.com> wrote in message

> Well, after weighing the pros and cons of each Palm device, I *finally*
> decided which model was right for me... the Palm Vx, mostly due to it's
> small size and superior screen.
>
> But now I go to buy one, and what's this? Everyone is out of them. And
> I do mean everyone.. all my local retailers (Best Buys, Circuit City,
> Staples), all my usual mail order houses (MacMall, MacWarehouse,

> MacZone, ClubMac), and even Palm's own web store. Apparently, the Palm

> Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.

Kevin L. Mullin

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
Try CompUSA - they had them last week.

KLM

> Earlier I wrote:
>
> > Apparently, the Palm
> > Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.

Torajima

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

But thanks for the suggestion, though! ^_^

Torajima

hagmant...@removemebigfoot.com

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Steve Duncan <swdu...@earthlink.net> posted, off the top of the head:
SD> I am in the same boat, only worse - my local office max has them, but at the
SD> old $450 price tag. They will match another price, as long as I can bring in
SD> an ad with the competitive price. This is, of course, not possible as no
SD> store has an ad with the palm vx at the new price. So now I sit here trying
SD> to decide if I'm willing to pay the extra $50....

If you have a nearby Staple's, this week's circular lists them @ $399.

Me
--
Disclaimer: Anything I said, writ, or thought in my life should not
necessarily be held or thought to imply any view, opinion, or idea

Torajima

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
In article <NMFp4.777$b75....@news.uswest.net>, Kevin L. Mullin
<Big...@mailhost.NOSPAMnet> wrote:

> Try CompUSA - they had them last week.

I try not to purchase items from CompUSA unless absolutely necessary. I
absolutely hate them, for a lot of reasons: Their sales staff is not
very knowledgable. They now charge a restocking fee on all returns.
They check all your bags before leaving the store (basically, they
assume everyone is a criminal). Their repair department is aways
understaffed, and the people who do staff it are incompetent. Neither
the Palm section nor the Mac section is tended to on a regular basis,
so both are in shambles. And I could go on...

Steve Duncan

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
Thanks for the tip! However, the closest staples is in Beloit, which is a
good hour or so away. I think tomorrow I will take Office cheapo's web ad
and see if I can talk them into accepting that.

<hagmant...@removemebigfoot.com> wrote in message

Steve Duncan

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
I agree entirely. Unfortunately, for many things they are the only game in
town (Milwaukee). But, wouldn't you know it, after spending many minutes on
hold while other stores checked to see if they had the Vx, CompUSA's web
site actually told me if my particular store had it in stock (naturally they
did not).

At least it saved me a trip to the
always-packed-with-fellow-shoppers-looking-for-help disaster zone that is
CompUSA.

Torajima <Seeb...@seebelow.com> wrote in message

Raymond 'Soups'

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

"Steve Duncan" <swdu...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I am in the same boat, only worse - my local office max has them, but at
the
> old $450 price tag. They will match another price, as long as I can bring
in
> an ad with the competitive price. This is, of course, not possible as no
> store has an ad with the palm vx at the new price. So now I sit here
trying
> to decide if I'm willing to pay the extra $50....

Print out a web page. If they don't take it, ask to see a manager. If he
won't take it, write your attorney general and OfficeMax customert service,
they should match, they have for me....

Good luck!

buckethed

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
I know where you can get a new-in-box, factory sealed Palm Vx for $400 (yes,
that includes free shipping within the continental US)...

elliotr

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
Do you think the shortage might be due to Palm supplying the
next batch with OS 3.5 on, as this is due for release around the
20th at the same time as the IIIc.

JB

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
Maybe they should rename COMPUSA to COMPMEXICO, since
last week they were bought out by a Mexican conglomerate that
bought all the Sears Mexico operations last year.

Habla Espanol? :)

Torajima

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
In article <887b3r$123v$1...@msunews.cl.msu.edu>,
<hagmant...@removemebigfoot.com> wrote:

> If you have a nearby Staple's, this week's circular lists them @ $399.

My local Staples agreed to match an internet price I found for $366,
only to find they were out of them...

Staples was supposed to get a shipment today, but it didn't include
Palm Vx's.

Torajima

KineticGuy

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
You can try sharperimage. They sell them on the web and in their stores.

A place called nationstores claims to have them also?

"Torajima" <Seeb...@seebelow.com> wrote in message

> Well, after weighing the pros and cons of each Palm device, I *finally*
> decided which model was right for me... the Palm Vx, mostly due to it's
> small size and superior screen.
>
> But now I go to buy one, and what's this? Everyone is out of them. And
> I do mean everyone.. all my local retailers (Best Buys, Circuit City,
> Staples), all my usual mail order houses (MacMall, MacWarehouse,

> MacZone, ClubMac), and even Palm's own web store. Apparently, the Palm

> Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.
>

> I've been patient thus far... I researched and tried out Palms for over
> a month before deciding which one I wanted to purchase... but now that
> I've made my decision, I want a Palm Vx, and I want it NOW!
>
> Sigh. How much longer am I going to have to wait? ^_^

Spider

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

> You _are_ da man! Worked like a charm!

Glad I could help!

Kevin L. Mullin

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
As the one who started the CompUSA portion of this thread, let me just say
that I was not advocating them as being a good place to buy, simply pointing
out that my local store had them in stock recently.

I agree, they are not the best for a lot of reasons, but unfortunately there
are not a lot of choices in some parts of the country. I could go to Best
Buy or Circuit City...

I find that if I do my homework and know what I want, I can just go there
and usually get something cheaper with my corporate discount. If I need
assistance with a buy, I am out of luck.

Later,

KLM

"Terry" <tth...@home.net> wrote in message
> If anyone is in any doubt about how fucked up Compusa is I travel all
> over the country and find them all to be equally lousy. I am also
> surprised at how many are messy and dirty.
> -Terry
> In article <SKGp4.1909$Zp1....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> swdu...@earthlink.net says...

> > I agree entirely. Unfortunately, for many things they are the only game
in
> > town (Milwaukee). But, wouldn't you know it, after spending many minutes
on
> > hold while other stores checked to see if they had the Vx, CompUSA's web
> > site actually told me if my particular store had it in stock (naturally
they
> > did not).
> >
> > At least it saved me a trip to the
> > always-packed-with-fellow-shoppers-looking-for-help disaster zone that
is
> > CompUSA.
> >

> > Torajima <Seeb...@seebelow.com> wrote in message

> > > I try not to purchase items from CompUSA unless absolutely necessary.
> > > absolutely hate them, for a lot of reasons: Their sales staff is not
> > > very knowledgable. They now charge a restocking fee on all returns.
> > > They check all your bags before leaving the store (basically, they
> > > assume everyone is a criminal). Their repair department is aways
> > > understaffed, and the people who do staff it are incompetent. Neither
> > > the Palm section nor the Mac section is tended to on a regular basis,
> > > so both are in shambles. And I could go on...

Steve Duncan

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00

Raymond 'Soups' <epigl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

lgeer

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
LOL! In my household, CompUSA is simply referred to as "The Evil
Place."

Cheers!

lpgeer

Pablo

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
I would point them to 3com's webpage... or any other webpage which sells palms
for that matter. 3com sells them direct for 399. It's irrelevant that they're
backordered. I would consider that a legit ad.

Paul

Bill S

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00

You aren't kidding. I have seen more pissed off customers yelling at
reps in CompUSA than any other place. I stormed out of there once
myself because they wouldn't take my temporary Visa/debit card
(although they take them normally). A friend was openly accosted by
one rep because he corrected some inaccuracies in his description of a
particular item to another customer.

Every time I go in there, I get the distinct impression they not only
could care less about me, but would actually not mind much if a
section of the roof collapsed and killed off ALL the pesky customers.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:35:06 -0500, Torajima <Seeb...@seebelow.com>
wrote:

>In article <NMFp4.777$b75....@news.uswest.net>, Kevin L. Mullin
><Big...@mailhost.NOSPAMnet> wrote:
>
>> Try CompUSA - they had them last week.

Terry

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
Yes they do suck bigtime. They've suffered big losses lately. I guess
they figure they can regain profits by making it as difficult as possible
for their customers. Makes you wonder who the upper level managers are
at this company. They sure don't seem to get it. Best Buy sucks reallly
bad too but at least they don't charge you a restocking fee. I generally
use all of these stores as places to look at things I am interested in so
I can go home, find a cheaper price on the internet and order it.
-Terry
In article <130220001735063457%Seeb...@seebelow.com>,
Seeb...@seebelow.com says...

Terry

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
If anyone is in any doubt about how fucked up Compusa is I travel all
over the country and find them all to be equally lousy. I am also
surprised at how many are messy and dirty.
-Terry
In article <SKGp4.1909$Zp1....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
swdu...@earthlink.net says...
> I agree entirely. Unfortunately, for many things they are the only game in
> town (Milwaukee). But, wouldn't you know it, after spending many minutes on
> hold while other stores checked to see if they had the Vx, CompUSA's web
> site actually told me if my particular store had it in stock (naturally they
> did not).
>
> At least it saved me a trip to the
> always-packed-with-fellow-shoppers-looking-for-help disaster zone that is
> CompUSA.
>

> Torajima <Seeb...@seebelow.com> wrote in message
> > In article <NMFp4.777$b75....@news.uswest.net>, Kevin L. Mullin
> > <Big...@mailhost.NOSPAMnet> wrote:
> >
> > > Try CompUSA - they had them last week.
> >
> > I try not to purchase items from CompUSA unless absolutely necessary. I
> > absolutely hate them, for a lot of reasons: Their sales staff is not
> > very knowledgable. They now charge a restocking fee on all returns.
> > They check all your bags before leaving the store (basically, they
> > assume everyone is a criminal). Their repair department is aways
> > understaffed, and the people who do staff it are incompetent. Neither
> > the Palm section nor the Mac section is tended to on a regular basis,
> > so both are in shambles. And I could go on...
> >
> > Torajima

Terry

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
They're still over priced at $400 btw.
-Terry
In article <saeih4...@corp.supernews.com>, gim...@hyahoo.com says...

> "Steve Duncan" <swdu...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > You _are_ da man! Worked like a charm!
> >
> Glad I could help!

Kevp...@aol.com

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 22:06:19 -0700, "Kevin L. Mullin"
<Big...@mailhost.NOSPAMnet> wrote:

>I find that if I do my homework and know what I want, I can just go there
>and usually get something cheaper with my corporate discount. If I need
>assistance with a buy, I am out of luck.

They discontinued the corporate discounts.

Kevp...@aol.com

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:54:15 GMT, Terry <tth...@home.net> wrote:

>Yes they do suck bigtime. They've suffered big losses lately. I guess
>they figure they can regain profits by making it as difficult as possible
>for their customers. Makes you wonder who the upper level managers are
>at this company. They sure don't seem to get it. Best Buy sucks reallly
>bad too but at least they don't charge you a restocking fee. I generally
>use all of these stores as places to look at things I am interested in so
>I can go home, find a cheaper price on the internet and order it.
>-Terry

Comp USA just had 51% of its stock bought out by a rich person in
Mexico. The stock went from about 6 to 9 1/2 to 10. (I bought around
6 and sold around 9 1/2).

I'm just waiting to see the stock go down again. The problem with the
company is its upper level management. All of the stores suck
similarly. If the management would just spend some time at some
stores, randomly, they would see how they totally lack customer
service. It doesn't have to be this way, and obviously, they've
turned a lot of people off.

Many times in the past I've wanted to buy something only to have noone
at the registers, or a looooong line at the customer service register
checking people out. It's like the people who work there don't care.

Once I wanted to try one of their laptops but all of them had password
protection. I waited 15 minutes, and even had people paged twice.
That day I ended up talking to the manager 3 times about the store's
lousy service (once when they woulnd't return a defective product
without charging the restocking fee -- I got them to drop that,
another time because I found out later they hadn't given me back my
Visa card so I had to go back to the store to get it, and the third
time about the laptops).

If the stock falls back to 6 again, I think it would be a good time to
buy because they'd be a great takeover target for a company that wants
to manage it right.

I still buy things there occasionally, but only things like software
or other things that I know I won't be returning.

Maybe this guy from Mexico can shake things up a little. Time will
tell.

Kevin

Bill

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
I live in Las Vegas, and I couldn't agree with you more. There are
basically 2 places here to buy computing goodies: BestBuy and CompUSA.
Both suck. A lot.
Bill

Torajima <Seeb...@seebelow.com> wrote in message

> In article <NMFp4.777$b75....@news.uswest.net>, Kevin L. Mullin

Bruce Gerson

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
In article 7eafascd2lf7s93rl...@4ax.com, Kevp...@aol.com at
Kevp...@aol.com wrote on 2/13/00 11:19 PM:

> I'm just waiting to see the stock go down again. The problem with the
> company is its upper level management. All of the stores suck
> similarly. If the management would just spend some time at some
> stores, randomly, they would see how they totally lack customer
> service. It doesn't have to be this way, and obviously, they've
> turned a lot of people off.

It's not likely that will happen any time soon. Most of the managers have
risen from the ranks of the clerks, so they have no experience in Customer
Service. The District Managers were probably store managers and the upper
management probably doesn't spend much time out in the field as they have
bigger fish to fry right now.

> Many times in the past I've wanted to buy something only to have noone
> at the registers, or a looooong line at the customer service register
> checking people out. It's like the people who work there don't care.

"Pay peanuts, get monkeys." I've pretty much stopped going to CompUSA
unless I have to for an event. Their new Customer Service policies (which
should be getting MORE liberal in the heat of competition) have become more
onerous.

In a slight defense of CompUSA, there ARE some conscientious and caring
salespeople at some of the stores. Unfortunately, they don't seem to last
long. Maybe they're being forced out because they "Think different."

That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Bruce

These are my personal observations and are not the official position of
Apple or its management.

Gary Singleton

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
"Torajima" <Seeb...@seebelow.com> wrote in message
> In article <NMFp4.777$b75....@news.uswest.net>, Kevin L. Mullin
> <Big...@mailhost.NOSPAMnet> wrote:
>
> > Try CompUSA - they had them last week.
>
> I try not to purchase items from CompUSA unless absolutely necessary. I
> absolutely hate them, for a lot of reasons: Their sales staff is not
> very knowledgable. They now charge a restocking fee on all returns.
> They check all your bags before leaving the store (basically, they
> assume everyone is a criminal). Their repair department is aways
> understaffed, and the people who do staff it are incompetent. Neither
> the Palm section nor the Mac section is tended to on a regular basis,
> so both are in shambles. And I could go on...

Have you ever been there at closing time? The CompUSA here in Boise, ID
will shut the lights off - all of the lights off - at exactly 9:00PM. I
don't know if they'll still check you out or not since I just dumped what I
had and left.

G.S.

Robt. Miller

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
In message <MPG.131154db3a4df6b298985b@news> - Terry <tth...@home.net>Mon, 14

Feb 2000 04:54:15 GMT writes:

>Yes they do suck bigtime. They've suffered big losses lately. I guess
>they figure they can regain profits by making it as difficult as possible
>for their customers. Makes you wonder who the upper level managers are
>at this company. They sure don't seem to get it. Best Buy sucks reallly

Companies stink from the top down.

-13013

Les Faby

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
In article <6rYp4.2865$tw.6...@nnrp1.ptd.net>, rob...@ptdprolog.net
says...

> In message <MPG.131154db3a4df6b298985b@news> - Terry <tth...@home.net>Mon, 14
> Feb 2000 04:54:15 GMT writes:
> >
> >Yes they do suck bigtime. They've suffered big losses lately. I guess

Everytime COMPUSA has a an advertised special, I show up within an hour
of their opening the doors and yet they are out of it and will not issue
a raincheck.

The last time I went there they had the item marked on the shelves for
$59 but scanned in for $69.

The software section has very little order to it.

No one in the store knows where anything is....
--
Regards...Les Faby
(To email, replace lex with given name in lower case)

Kevp...@aol.com

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:05:51 -0700, "Kevin L. Mullin"
<Big...@mailhost.NOSPAMnet> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Was it yesterday? I just bought there last week and got a discount, here in
>Colorado. I will have to look into that, as it will affect whether or not
>it is worth it to stand in the Business Sales line for 20 minutes each
>visit...
>
>KLM

>> They discontinued the corporate discounts.

Hmm... maybe they did this on a regional or store by store basis.
Here in Madison WI they eliminated the corporate discount about 6
months ago. That was too bad... one of the few reasons I shopped at
Comp USA. I'm glad it seems to still be in your area -- cables and
items like that are very inexpensive with that discount.

Kevin

Mark Bradford

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
I purchased mine (The PalmVx) from Insight. I love it. I'm still have
about 4800k left and have been pretty frivolous about what I install. :-)

I would strongly suggest dealing with Insight, and Mike F. in particular.
I have used them for years for business and personal purchases. Their
software prices are very good, and they actually are very knowledgeable
about their product. The gentleman I deal with can actually answer
questions regarding the product he sells. Yes, I know, that sounds crazy.
:-)

This is the gentleman I deal with. I'm assuming that he won't mind
terribly about giving this info out on a newsgroup as he is in the sales
business, right?

Mike Feyrer
Insight
Senior Account Manager (SAM)
800.467.4448 x5244
fax: 602-760-7981
www.insight.com

PS - He usually handles corporate accounts but doesn't seem to mind a call
about a single product.

PPS - No, I'm not a paid spokesman, but you're welcome to mention my name.
:-)

Torajima wrote:

> Well, after weighing the pros and cons of each Palm device, I *finally*
> decided which model was right for me... the Palm Vx, mostly due to it's
> small size and superior screen.
>
> But now I go to buy one, and what's this? Everyone is out of them. And
> I do mean everyone.. all my local retailers (Best Buys, Circuit City,
> Staples), all my usual mail order houses (MacMall, MacWarehouse,
> MacZone, ClubMac), and even Palm's own web store. Apparently, the Palm
> Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.
>
> I've been patient thus far... I researched and tried out Palms for over
> a month before deciding which one I wanted to purchase... but now that
> I've made my decision, I want a Palm Vx, and I want it NOW!
>
> Sigh. How much longer am I going to have to wait? ^_^

Land T. Shark

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
Torajima wrote:

You are not kidding about a supply shortage. I've called *EVERY* store
within a 10-15 mile radius of me... compusa, best buy, office depot,
circuit city, office max, and they are all out of them. A few had palm
V's left, most had palm VII's.... but no Vx's. Damn...

> Well, after weighing the pros and cons of each Palm device, I *finally*
> decided which model was right for me... the Palm Vx, mostly due to it's
> small size and superior screen.
>
> But now I go to buy one, and what's this? Everyone is out of them. And
> I do mean everyone.. all my local retailers (Best Buys, Circuit City,
> Staples), all my usual mail order houses (MacMall, MacWarehouse,
> MacZone, ClubMac), and even Palm's own web store. Apparently, the Palm
> Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.
>
> I've been patient thus far... I researched and tried out Palms for over
> a month before deciding which one I wanted to purchase... but now that
> I've made my decision, I want a Palm Vx, and I want it NOW!
>
> Sigh. How much longer am I going to have to wait? ^_^
>
> Torajima
>
> --
> Send email to torajima "at" mindspring "dot" com

--
+-------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| Landshark (dave) | Visio clone for *nix? It's in the works: |

Scott B

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
Ordered one from outpost.com last week (a gift to my brother) .... free
overnight shipping (which you pay most of anyway) $419. figure $399 or $389
plus overnight shipping .... works out close to $419. No problems, they were
in stock .... etc.
Scott B

Land T. Shark

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
"Land T. Shark" wrote:

After around 3-4 hours of making phone calls I found some. Actually, 5, in
the chicago area if anyone is really desparate =)

The Sharper Image
(630) 368-0244
500 Oakbrook Center

It's in the Oakbrook mall, they now have 4 :)

Brent

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00

"Torajima" <Seeb...@seebelow.com> wrote in message

> Well, after weighing the pros and cons of each Palm device, I *finally*
> decided which model was right for me... the Palm Vx, mostly due to it's
> small size and superior screen.
>
> But now I go to buy one, and what's this? Everyone is out of them. And
> I do mean everyone.. all my local retailers (Best Buys, Circuit City,
> Staples), all my usual mail order houses (MacMall, MacWarehouse,
> MacZone, ClubMac), and even Palm's own web store. Apparently, the Palm
> Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.
>
> I've been patient thus far... I researched and tried out Palms for over
> a month before deciding which one I wanted to purchase... but now that
> I've made my decision, I want a Palm Vx, and I want it NOW!
>
> Sigh. How much longer am I going to have to wait? ^_^
>
> Torajima

I know of a couple places where you can look. Try these two sites:

http://www.posdata.com/scripts/pt_symbol_spt1500.cfm

&

http://www.posdata.com/pt_symbol_spt1700_1740.html

One of the intriguing aspects of these to models is that they have the
ability to act as a scanner as well. Last time I checked, they allow you to
order it online if you want. Although these models don't have the "3Com"
logo on them, I've researched into them to see that they are almost
identical in usage, except that they can act as a scanner as well. To me,
it seems like there are more uses for these ones.

Brent

*remove extra 'o' in reply*

CircleSerpent

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
Get it at TriState for $369.

Pablo <jn...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hmm, insight doesn't show the vx on their website...

> Mark Bradford wrote:
>
> > I purchased mine (The PalmVx) from Insight. I love it. I'm still have
> > about 4800k left and have been pretty frivolous about what I install.
:-)

> > I would strongly suggest dealing with Insight, and Mike F. in
particular.
> > I have used them for years for business and personal purchases. Their
> > software prices are very good, and they actually are very knowledgeable
> > about their product. The gentleman I deal with can actually answer
> > questions regarding the product he sells. Yes, I know, that sounds
crazy.
> > :-)
> >
> > This is the gentleman I deal with. I'm assuming that he won't mind
> > terribly about giving this info out on a newsgroup as he is in the sales
> > business, right?
> >
> > Mike Feyrer
> > Insight
> > Senior Account Manager (SAM)
> > 800.467.4448 x5244
> > fax: 602-760-7981
> > www.insight.com
> >
> > PS - He usually handles corporate accounts but doesn't seem to mind a
call
> > about a single product.
> >
> > PPS - No, I'm not a paid spokesman, but you're welcome to mention my
name.
> > :-)
> >
> > Torajima wrote:
> >

> > > Well, after weighing the pros and cons of each Palm device, I
*finally*
> > > decided which model was right for me... the Palm Vx, mostly due to
it's
> > > small size and superior screen.
> > >
> > > But now I go to buy one, and what's this? Everyone is out of them. And
> > > I do mean everyone.. all my local retailers (Best Buys, Circuit City,
> > > Staples), all my usual mail order houses (MacMall, MacWarehouse,
> > > MacZone, ClubMac), and even Palm's own web store. Apparently, the Palm
> > > Vx has become one hot commidity since the price drop.
> > >
> > > I've been patient thus far... I researched and tried out Palms for
over
> > > a month before deciding which one I wanted to purchase... but now that
> > > I've made my decision, I want a Palm Vx, and I want it NOW!
> > >
> > > Sigh. How much longer am I going to have to wait? ^_^
> > >
> > > Torajima

Terry

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
Maybe they knowingly have lousy customer service because they would
rather have that than pay people decent wages. The thing I don't get is
how filthy and messy so many of the stores are.
In article <B4CD5E56.1FCB%bge...@apple.com>, bge...@apple.com says...

Ed Lynch

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
I have to agree also. The stores are messy and the service at COMPUSA are
incredibly lousy. I go out of my way to buy elsewhere.....

Ed