Sound for Euphoric

Jani Tiainen

Apr 11, 2002, 1:24:18 AM4/11/02
People might noticed that it's hard to get Ephoric to produce sonud under
W2k, and with some cards.. Well there is cure for that. Cure is call
VDMSound.

"VDMSound is a program that overcomes what has probably been the most
exasperating limitation of DOS boxes since Windows NT - sound support.
VDMSound is an open, plug-in oriented platform that emulates an MPU-401
interface (for outputting high-quality MIDI music), a SoundBlaster
compatible (SB16, SBPro 2, SB2, SBPro, etc.) implementation (for digital
sound effects and FM/AdLib music), as well as a standard game-port
interface (for playing games with joystick support). In development are
improvements to the existing joystick emulation, and possibly VESA
support."

And you can find this piece of software at:
http://ntvdm.cjb.net/

--
- Rede (ICQ# 109208423)

"Tukka putkella kuolemaa pakoon."

Mickael Pointier

Apr 11, 2002, 3:12:14 AM4/11/02
> People might noticed that it's hard to get Ephoric to produce sonud under
> W2k, and with some cards.. Well there is cure for that. Cure is call
> VDMSound.

That's "old" news.

The 04/03/2002 I posted the following message:

http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&threadm=a5vbu2%24hmo%241%40reader1.imag
inet.fr&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3Deuphoric%2520sound%26as_ugroup%3Dcomp.s
ys.oric%26hl%3Dfr

that in substance said:

For those that like me do not have any more sound under
Euphoric, because you switched to Windows 2000, and your
motherboard not having ISA slots you cannot plug a good
old SB16... there is a solution !!!

Go to the VDM Sound project page:

http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/

and install the last version :)

Tadaaaaa, you can run euphoric with VDMS, and it recognise
a sound blaster card using your direct sound/wave out windows
sound card. And you get sound.

Magic, no ?

Dbug

Dbug

Jani Tiainen

Apr 11, 2002, 6:25:20 AM4/11/02
Mickael Pointier <mpoi...@eden-studios.fr> wrote:

>> People might noticed that it's hard to get Ephoric to produce sonud under
>> W2k, and with some cards.. Well there is cure for that. Cure is call
>> VDMSound.
>
> That's "old" news.

Yeah, have missed that one, while I was sick... =)

Shit happens.

Well, no back to ULA FPGA synthesis (still in progress)...

Frank Woodcock

Apr 11, 2002, 2:12:28 PM4/11/02
It's always nice to read about 'new' and 'old' news wherever it's
scource.

The good thing is that the Oric and it's PC emulator Euphoric still
has support.

BTW some news readers delete messages after a certain number of days.

There is an archive of comp.oric.sys at Google and with a bit of
editing you can display the archive message around the number tha you
want.

I have edited the default google setting num=25 to display 100
messages at a time and starting at the latest post ... start=0

http://groups.google.com/groups?num=100&hl=en&group=comp.sys.oric&start=0

by making the start=750 the archive goes back to November 2000
http://groups.google.com/groups?num=100&hl=en&group=comp.sys.oric&start=750

Here there is an interesting thread about sound through TV (amongst
other things)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=1u9o7tochtvhro8skoqtn8qlmp8hnsk8l9%404ax.com&prev=/groups%3Fnum%3D100%26hl%3Den%26group%3Dcomp.sys.oric%26start%3D400

The length of the above web page link is a bit large!

Any way to my point - the Telesound is a simple sound modulator that
adds on to the TV modulator (as used in the Oric) to take the sound
from the Oric speaker and put it through the TV

Recently I have obained a Sony Play Station 1 TV modulator cable (new
ones cost about £10). - Unlike the Oric, this modulator has TV video
and sound combined.

When I can get round to it, I will remove the Sony RF modulator and
see if it works in an Oric.

If it does work, then we have a cheap way to get Oric Video and Sound
through the TV