Openstep 4.2. and Pentium III

Alberto Ortega Socorro

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99
Does anybody tried to work with Openstep 4.2. in a Pentium III machine?

Does it work fine?

Thanks on advance,

Alberto Ortega Socorro

Ian H. Stewart

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99
I have had little to know problem on my
Dell XPS T500 once I go the OS installed.

I had a weird partition issue and ended up
moving OPENSTEP to the front and moving my
CD-ROM to the Primary Bus to so I wouldn't
have to fuss.

Other than that it is great and Screams
compared to my NeXTstation Monos.

ih

In Article <news:379f8...@news.ll.iac.es>,

Oliver Schirrmeister

Jul 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/30/99

Alberto Ortega Socorro schrieb in Nachricht <379f8...@news.ll.iac.es>...

> Does anybody tried to work with Openstep 4.2. in a Pentium III machine?
>
> Does it work fine?

Yes, I had no problems.

Oliver

Message has been deleted

cyber...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
I heard that there is a keyboard CAP key problem on DELL, which it
freeze the machine when you hit the CAP key on Pentium 500 and above.
Any info on how to fix this?

thanks.

In article <7nssbg$hsp$1...@baggermatsch.ecore.net>,
"Juergen Moellenhoff" <jur...@oic.de> wrote:
> Alberto Ortega Socorro <alo...@bbvnet.com> wrote in message

> > Does anybody tried to work with Openstep 4.2. in a Pentium III
machine?
> > Does it work fine?
>

> It works for me. 450Mhz Pentium III with a BX2000 Gigabyte
motherboard.

> Bye,
>
> Juergen Moellenhoff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

wa...@xs4all.nl

Aug 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/17/99
cyber...@yahoo.com wrote:

> I heard that there is a keyboard CAP key problem on DELL, which it
> freeze the machine when you hit the CAP key on Pentium 500 and above.
> Any info on how to fix this?

See: http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n72633

Regards,
Antoine

website....: http://windowmaker.mezaway.org - EW!
e-mail.....: wa...@warped.xs4all.nl & wa...@xs4all.nl
powered by.: Linux/Alpha & OpenStep for Mach/x86

lichtner

Aug 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/26/99
I have the same problem (I think) running NeXTSTEP 3.3 on a xeon pentium.
But after switching the keyboard to NEXTUSA, I now can't find crtr-C or ctrl-D, i.e. where is the ctrl key?

Thanks, ...Peter

H.-R. Oberhage

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
lichtner (lich...@earthlink.net) wrote:
: I have the same problem (I think) running NeXTSTEP 3.3 on a xeon pentium.

: But after switching the keyboard to NEXTUSA, I now can't find crtr-C or
: ctrl-D, i.e. where is the ctrl key?
:

Try the shiftlock/capslock key. [This keyboardlayout (NEXTUSA) mimicks
the key positions of the 'original NeXT' keyboard.]

Greetings,
Ruediger Oberhage
--
H.-R. Oberhage