OS4.1 freeze after cps-lock/cntr key with NeXTDeutsch

Daniel Boehringer

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
hi,

on a new k6-2/ ausus(ALI chipset) i got two non-systematically reproducable
keyboard mouse freezes caused by hitting the caps lock key although i have
installed the NeXTDeutsch keymapping (i know about
http://enterprise.apple.com/NeXTanswers/HTMLFiles/2633.htmld/2633.html but
NeXTUSA is not acceptable for me).

also worthwile is that in singleuser mode there is a 50% chance of a frozen
keyboard.

any hint for getting the system stable is appreciated.

daniel

Robert Forsyth

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
IFAIK the keyboard freezing is a PII 100/400 problem, or does it affect
all fast processor systems? (if so bad driver).

--
Robert Forsyth
http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~forsee/

Daniel Boehringer

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
Robert Forsyth <bob...@forsee.tcp.co.uk> wrote:
>IFAIK the keyboard freezing is a PII 100/400 problem, or does it affect
>all fast processor systems? (if so bad driver).

to my research so far it does seem to affect all fast systems and seems to be
releated to the num-lock led on the keyboard. that is freezing is not due to
a particular key on the keyboard but due to the caps lock function itself. my
workaround is to map the caps-lock function to an unused key (i always
considered caps-lock an anti-feature :-).

daniel