Keyboard/Mouse problems on Dell PC

1 view

Bert Schellekens

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
I have installed OpenStep 4.2 on a Dell Dimension XPS T450.
Everything seemed to be fine until we noticed that the keyboard and
mouse freeze when you hit the caps lock key.

This is a well-known problem with certain motherboards, and NeXT
suggests to switch to the NeXTUSA keymapping. I tried that, and
furthermore I disabled the caps lock key, but now the same thing
happens for the key combination Alt-shift (Alt as marked on the
keyboard; it is actually 'Command').

Has anyone experienced similar problems and solved them?

Bert Schellekens