SUBMISSION: NibInfoPalette.palette Nib Documentor

Robert Nicholson

Jan 28, 1994, 11:28:47 PM1/28/94
I have uploaded NibInfoPalette.palette.compressed to cs.orst.edu
which will document a nib file.

The output is shown below. (Fairly self explanatory)

Few things to note. CustomObjects are File's owner or CustomViews
and NULL is First Responder.

To activate this function. Simply load the palette ensuring that it is
the active palette and simply save the nib. A file with the same name
as the original nib with a .info extension will be created in the same
directory that the nib wrapper existed.

Disclaimer: This palette uses private IB API. To my knowledge
there's no other way to do this stuff thru the IB protocols as they
stand at the moment.

This is likely to be updated gradually in the next few days. It has
crashed in other environments and I'd be interested in hearing how it
performs in yours. My goal is to provide more specific information about
the actual Object rather than its class.

If anybody wants to send me two icons, one for the palette and one for
the object (although the object doesn't really do anything) I will be
happy to include them. 2 bit and 12 bits required.

Any problems please mail me. (suggestions welcome)

robert:/usr/tmp>cat UNTITLED.nib.info
MenuCell("Info...")
MenuCell("Select All")
MenuCell->NULL [selectAll:]