Wren VII formatting

Jeff Needham

Jan 9, 1991, 9:22:20 PM1/9/91

I found out what is in the difference between 1.2 and 985 for
Wren VIIs. Incidentally, there is some Byte issue that he
read a couple of years ago that was more detailed.

Most of the space is used up by the factory flaw map, the
label and sector checksums. Two spare cylinders are reserved.
I think these are reserved so a link can be made to them if Cyl 0 bites it.
He (my source) had a feeling this had been increased to 4 or so
with the version of format that comes with EPIX 1.3.1/RISCos 4.52.

later,jeff

--
Disclaimer -- Waiting for the Oracle port to the Prophet-5