Help with ES/os 2.2, really RISC/os

Fred Velijanian

Nov 25, 1993, 2:57:04 PM11/25/93
We have an ESV (Evans and Sutherland) workstation running ES/os 2.2 which
apparently is the same product as RISC/os.

For years I've been performing remote dumps to a SUN using the
following command:

/etc/rdump 0udsf 1000 160000 tape@sun:/dev/exa /

Then I changed the IP address and name of the ESV and the above
command stopped working. I get the following messages:

DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Thu Nov 25 11:32:23 1993
DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: Mon Oct 18 07:11:51 1993
DUMP: Dumping /dev/root (/) to /dev/exa on host tape
DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
DUMP: estimated 12310 tape blocks on 0.01 tape(s).
DUMP: dumping (Pass III) [directories]

....and then it hangs. The tape drive is never accessed as far as I can
tell. There are 4 rdump.ffs processes spawned on the ESV, I don't know
if this is normal or not.

Any ideas? What could I have done wrong when changing the host name/address?
I don't think it's a permission problem, since the /etc/rmt process
starts up ok on the SUN.

Thanks

Fred Velijanian
UC Irvine