FTP source code

Lorenzo Thurman

Jan 29, 2007, 2:11:23 PM1/29/07
I've been looking at Apple's developer site for hints on how to build
FTP support within an application. I was directed to CFFTPSample and the
CFFTPStream class, but I'm finding this inadequate. I need to be able to
carry on a dialog with the FTP server and send commands like RETR, CWD,
etc. Is there a Cocoa/Foundation way to do this or should I just go with
OmniNetworking from the OmniGroup? I haven't looked at OmniNetworking
just yet, so I don't know what its strengths/weaknesses are. But in the
long term I want to support GSSAPI, so that's a consideration for me also.
I'm just looking at the NSStream class. This one seems to provide the
basics of what I need to make an FTP client.
Any tips?
TIA

Patrick Machielse

Jan 29, 2007, 4:32:30 PM1/29/07
Lorenzo Thurman <lor...@diespammerhethurmans.com> wrote:

You can try Connection Kit:

<http://opensource.utr-software.com/connection/>

I used it myself last year for an FTP application. At the time I used it
not all the of the protocols the framework supports would compile
cleanly on 10.4/universal (I can't remember the exact problems) but FTP
worked just fine.

patrick

Lorenzo Thurman

Jan 29, 2007, 5:38:48 PM1/29/07
Great! Thanks for the reply. I hope this saves me some time.