Intel MacBook & iMac NOW available at Mac & Mac Sales!

Dan Osbourne

Jan 11, 2006, 8:38:14 PM1/11/06
Thank you, find below one of the best offers of the year! WorldWide Shipping
Apple iMac 20-inch 2.1GHz
Mac & Mac Sales

0

Dan Osbourne

Jan 12, 2006, 7:18:42 PM1/12/06

junktin

Jan 14, 2006, 1:07:34 AM1/14/06
In article <43c5b...@newsfeed.slurp.net>,
"Dan Osbourne" <danosb...@aol.com> wrote:

> MacBook Pro
>
> New engine. Same soul!
>
> -Intel Core Duo processor up to 1.8GHz
> -Built-in iSight Camera
> -Front Row and Apple Remote
> -ATI Mobility Radeon
> -Mac OS Tiger and iLife '06
>

> Buy Now & SAVE!!
>
> Starting from $1,799.00 only Mac & Mac Sales
>
> http://www.macmacsales.com
>

> 15.4-inch: 1.67GHz Core Duo: $1,799.00
> 15.4-inch: 1.83GHz Core Duo: $2,299.00

Subject line says "now available" - Apple isn't shipping MBP until
February.

jess-b

Feb 16, 2006, 6:59:31 PM2/16/06

Mac & Mac Sales is a total and complete fraud! I don't understand how
it's possible that they're still in "business." They're not listed with
the BBB, they say they've been in business for 8 years but their domain
has only been registered for a few months, they're unreachable by
phone, and there are uncountable people who have reported being ripped
off by this so-called company (I was almost one of them).

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=174141

http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/fraudreports/topic3810.html

From macintouch.com:

Jan. 23, 2006
"Two more very suspicious lower-than-wholesale Mac sales websites, both
newly registered
Mac & Mac Sales macmacsales.dot.com Registered in Florida
Apple Deals LLC appledeals.dot.us Ostensibly from California but
Registered in Ukraine
These two have most of the classic scam site signatures: Impossibly low
prices, Text copied and pasted from other sites, No phone number (or the
business phone # is a cell phone), Not an authorized dealer, Not
traceable through Better Business Bureau bbb.org Not traceable through
telco records whitepages.com Claims in business 8 years but domain
registered within 30 days Claims to have MacBook Pro instock No record
in resellerratings or epinions.com despite claim of 8 years in
business
The first site has been very active in spamming forums and newsgroups
with announcements, suspected shill posts to forums, and in punching
out dozens of press releases on free (takes all comers, non-verified)
press release sites, which effectively loads Google with nothing but
'positive' information in the first 100 hits."

--
jess-b
jess-b's Profile: http://www.macosx.com/forums/member.php?userid=51837

macosx.com - The Answer to Mac Support - http://www.macosx.com