The holidays are over! The new year has begun! Ladies and gentlemen, it is
PhillyClassic is now deep into the planning stages. Here's the rundown:
* The dates, time and location are all set. PhillyClassic will happen April
26th and 27th, 2002 at the Valley Forge Convention Center in Valley Forge,
PA. 15,000 square feet of gaming goodness! Doors open at 5:00 p.m. on Friday
to the public and close when we get thrown out! :) Saturday morning we let
the ticketholders in bright and early at 9:00 a.m. and play, play all day!!
More scheduling to come soon!
* Tickets and tables are now on sale! All payments can be made through
PayPal to Phillyclass...@yahoo.com, or visit the website for info on where
to send checks and money orders. Tickets are $10.00 pre-ordered and $15.00
at the door.
Tables are priced at:
1st table - $20
2nd table - $30
3rd and subsequent tables - $40
TABLES WITH POWER:
1st table - $30
2nd table - $40
3rd and subsequent tables - $50
$100 Unpowered/$150 with power
The reason the tables are priced differently this year for powered vs.
unpowered is because this year we're being charged by the convention center
for electrical needs.
The other difference in table pricing (the $20/$30/$40 progressive setup)
will allow for the most possible people to get a single table, and to put a
fair price on tablespace for people who plan to move a LOT of goods.
* We also have Corporate space available and are talking to a few big
companies about attending and getting out to the gamers like you directly!
* Tournament scheduling is well underway. We have 3 set tournaments at this
time and will be adding one more system tourney and two arcade tourneys!
* We have given over 1/4 of our total space for - get ready - upright arcade
games ON FREE PLAY!!! Wow!! If that arcade at your local mall is as
disappointing to you as it is to us then make it a point to at least come
down for this part of the show! You won't regret it!
* Like the more current systems as well? Fear not! We have not forsaken
you! Many of us will be featuring Playstation2, X-Box and Gamecube along
side our beloved Atari, Intellivision and ColecoVision systems!
* Join our Yahoo! mailing list to get updates directly as well as discuss
the show with others and set up personal trades for the show! Join here:
* Check in at our website at http://www.phillyclassic.com for late-breaking
news, updates, accomodation recommendations, driving directions and more!
We look forward to seeing you at the greatest PhillyClassic yet!
David and Marc, Organizers
Ryan and Jeff, Technical Coordinators
Matt and anonymous1.com, Web Maestros