Thanks for all the CITADEL help, and here is a plus!

Gunther@Dragon's Den

May 18, 1992, 2:21:20 PM5/18/92

Ok all, thanks for all the input on Citadel, and here is what I found
out :

1) I never found the answer to the riddle, "How long does it take to
fall 10 feet?", but I did use magic(Open Portal) to get behind the
door. Well, there is nothing back there at all, just a blank wall.
I broke through that wall and ended up in open space where there was
no maze.

Ok, now for some help. Some people were attempting to answer the wrong riddle
I believe. The other two were :

Question : What was once hot, then cold, can bestow honor and death...?
(I don't remember the whole thing.)

Answer : sword

Question : When did I arrive here?

Answer : spring

2) As for those flutes that other people mentioned, I have sold all three
that I found, so I don't know if they are needed for anything.

3) I have also found a way, with the help of a friend, to get an
infinate amount of money in the game. Right now each of my characters
have over $250,000 each. Which is real nice because money is hard
to obtain in that game. I even went and bought 6 Dancing swords.
(mail me if you want the step-by-step on how to do this.)

4) I also happen to aggree about the system 7 problem with Citadel, but
I seem to have found a way around it. I have been having no problems
with it and system 7 as long as I don't open the MAP BOOK. If you
are not using it, close it. The reason being is that if
you enter a fight while the MAP BOOK is open, it can result in a crash
after the fight is over. One other thing, this is not confirmed, but
in all cases thus far, this has happened only when I have been
levitating with the "Levitas" spell.

Well, thanks to everyone for all your help. I hope some of this is useful to
those who attempted to help me out.

-Erik

P.S.
I killed Fra Elsof, is that bad? Can the game still be solved?

Gunther GOD@Dragons_Den | Erik Kleinfelder uekl...@mcs.drexel.edu
God of Destruction | Undergraduate Computer Science
(Record : 43 Crashes in 2 mins) | Drexel University
"A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn."
"Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it's time to get up."
"It's not a BUG, it's a FEATURE"
-All Unknown

James brown

May 21, 1992, 6:10:43 AM5/21/92

|> 2) As for those flutes that other people mentioned, I have sold all three
|> that I found, so I don't know if they are needed for anything.

It's been awhile but I seem to remember that in one case I played the flute
and managed to get a door open. It was a point at which my party got sep-
arated and half of 'em got trapped. BTW, I like that feature of splitting
up the party--not many games have it.

|> 3) I have also found a way, with the help of a friend, to get an
|> infinate amount of money in the game. Right now each of my characters
|> have over $250,000 each. Which is real nice because money is hard
|> to obtain in that game. I even went and bought 6 Dancing swords.
|> (mail me if you want the step-by-step on how to do this.)

Gee, I think this was me....

|> P.S.
|> I killed Fra Elsof, is that bad? Can the game still be solved?

Aw, dude, why did you do that to poor Fra? He's a cool dude. He
AUTOMATICALLY maps for you when he's got the map book! No doubt the
game can be solved without him.

James