MYST help in RocketShip era

Dave Zatz

Jun 27, 1994, 10:21:32 PM6/27/94
Hey, I need help in the era you enter thru the spaceship (sorry I don't know
the official name of the era:).

I have found both pages and have unlocked the bronze door, however I can't
get back to MYST because I wander aimlessly for hours thru the underground
rail system.

Anyone have any suggestions to help me out?

Thanks!

Dave

George Piotrowski

Jun 27, 1994, 11:24:18 PM6/27/94
Dave Zatz (dz...@wam.umd.edu) wrote:
: Hey, I need help in the era you enter thru the spaceship (sorry I don't know

Just listen to the sounds and they will provide the path! :-)

: Thanks!

: Dave

PS: if you need more help, just post!

Michael Moore

Jun 29, 1994, 12:22:08 PM6/29/94
In article <2uo1fc$g...@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu>, dz...@wam.umd.edu (Dave Zatz) says:
>I have found both pages and have unlocked the bronze door, however I can't
>get back to MYST because I wander aimlessly for hours thru the underground
>rail system.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions to help me out?

Map the Rail system. - There is a way out! If you don't want to do this there
is a map floating around this board somewhere.

OR

Listen to the sounds - each sound represents a different direction and will
guide you along the right path if you listen closely.

jase...@sfov1.verifone.com

Jun 28, 1994, 11:59:59 PM6/28/94

dz...@wam.umd.edu (Dave Zatz) writes:
>Hey, I need help in the era you enter thru the spaceship (sorry I don't know
>the official name of the era:).
>

>I have found both pages and have unlocked the bronze door, however I can't
>get back to MYST because I wander aimlessly for hours thru the underground
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>rail system.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions to help me out?

I think wandering aimlessly is your problem. There is a skill adventure
game players learn known as map making. The maze is very straight forward
if you just map your progress. I found out (after finishing the game) that
the tones are supposed to mean something, but I never figured them out, and
didn't need to.

- Jasen.

j...@nauvax.ucc.nau.edu

Jul 1, 1994, 6:16:02 PM7/1/94
try listening to the sound that is made at each stop. It indicates the
direction that you need to go next. By using the backtrack button, and paying
attention to the dials on the dashboard, you can soon figure out which sound
goes with which direction. It is then a fairly simple matter to navigate the
maze.