Vintage Game: Taskmaker

Nichol Stinger

Jan 26, 2001, 12:30:04 AM1/26/01
Logan C Bowers wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Ok, so I'm an old-time Mac user gone PC. Yeah, I know, you can save
> your flames, I really do miss my mac... :) So I just came across vMac,
> so now I have a Mac Plus (which isn't too bad considering my real mac
> was an SE)! Anyways, I'm back and I'm playing Taskmaker, but
> unfortunately, I cannot buy a reg code for it (the company went out of
> business and I have been unable to contact them), and I cannot find one
> online. Do any of you have this game and would perhaps be willing to
> share your code? Drop me an e-mail. Thank you much.
>

> Logan Bowers

Hey,

Same case here too. I am will to pay or share any other codes with ya if
you will share your reg. code with me, thanks.

Nichol Stinger

Brent Heustess

Jan 26, 2001, 12:38:28 PM1/26/01
To any TaskMaker fans,

I got this off the newgroup last year. It seems that the company no
longer supports TaskMaker or Tomb of TaskMaker. This is a response from
the company to an individual who tried to register the game. I am
resposting that message so that you can benefit from the reg codes.

Ta,
Brent

### My daughter is hooked on the sample Taskmaker that can be downloaded
### for free. Yet when I contacted the company they refused my order
### saying they no longer supported the game. Does anyone have an old
### copy they would be willing to sell me, or leads to a source so I
### could purchase a copy? Any other ideas on how to get the entire game.
###
### Thank you.
###
### Douglas Bayern
$$
$$ I had the same problem ... mailed them, e-mailed them. Finally, after
$$ about a year of waiting and giving up on ever hearing from them, I got
$$ this e-mail from Storm Impact two months ago:
$$
$$ From : sup...@StormImpact.com:
$$ Re: Taskmaker
$$
$$ We apologize for not filling your order, but the product you've
$$ requested is not available nor supported. Your credit card will NOT be
$$ charged NOR will your be check cashed. Money orders will be returned.
$$
$$ If you wish, you can use the following registration number to access
$$ remaining levels or courses. Enjoy!
$$
$$ TaskMaker: SI1-9KR7E-WWRW
$$ Tomb of TaskMaker: SI4-DB92Y-TTQT
$$
$$ Disclaimer: This registration number doesn't entitle you to warrenty,
$$ support, instruction manuals, current versions, software upgrades, or
$$ any benefits associated with a product purchase. The functionality of
$$ the registration number may be discontinued at any time. The
$$ registration number and software are for the private, non-commercial
$$ use
$$ of our customers, and may not be posted or redistributed.
#
# I doubt they would mind me posting this, as it sounds like they're no
#longer supporting the game, and freely gave me the passwords.
#
# - Shawn

Nancy O'Brien

Jan 27, 2001, 9:06:46 PM1/27/01
Far be for me to pass on registration codes, but try Deja.com and do a
search for Taskmaker register and code and I think you'll find what you
want.

B. Nolan McCoy

Jan 29, 2001, 8:47:34 AM1/29/01

For the record, there is also a sequel, called "Tomb of the Taskmaker" which
you may or may not be able to find. I've got a copy on disk that I'll be
happy to forward to you if you want, at some point.