OT: Article: Authorities Favored VIPs over Superdome¹s Desperate

Snit

Sep 4, 2005, 2:38:51 PM9/4/05
http://newstandardnews.net/content/?action=show_item&itemid=2320
-----
As thousands of New Orleans residents -- the vast majority of them poor and
black -- waited for days in squalid and nightmarish conditions for rescue,
authorities prioritized tourists and hotel guests for evacuation.

On Friday, with thousands of the Superdome零 inhabitants still waiting for
evacuation by bus, the National Guard ushered several hundred tourists and
Hyatt hotel employees to the head of the line. The group had been holed up
in the Hyatt in relatively humane conditions, at least compared to those at
the Superdome.

"A convoy of food and supplies provided by Hyatt hotels in Atlanta and
Houston arrived at Hyatt Regency New Orleans on Wednesday of this week."
Food and supplies did not arrive at the Superdome until Friday night.

But rescuers gave the tourists priority over others who were isolated and
alone, elderly and infirmed, infants and people with special needs.
-----

How many more ways did the government screw things up here? I hope that
such stories become well highlighted by the media - maybe then people will
begin to wake up.

| |
| WHEN STEVE CARROLL ACCUSES PEOPLE OF WRONGDOING IT IS HIS CLEAR |
| ADMISSION THAT HE IS DOING (OR WANTS TO DO) THE ACT IN QUESTION |
| http://snipurl.com/trollpsycho |
|_________________________________________________________________|

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download

GreyCloud

Sep 4, 2005, 7:29:20 PM9/4/05
Snit wrote:

> http://newstandardnews.net/content/?action=show_item&itemid=2320
> -----
> As thousands of New Orleans residents -- the vast majority of them poor and
> black -- waited for days in squalid and nightmarish conditions for rescue,
> authorities prioritized tourists and hotel guests for evacuation.

> On Friday, with thousands of the Superdome零 inhabitants still waiting for
> evacuation by bus, the National Guard ushered several hundred tourists and
> Hyatt hotel employees to the head of the line. The group had been holed up
> in the Hyatt in relatively humane conditions, at least compared to those at
> the Superdome.

> "A convoy of food and supplies provided by Hyatt hotels in Atlanta and
> Houston arrived at Hyatt Regency New Orleans on Wednesday of this week."
> Food and supplies did not arrive at the Superdome until Friday night.

> But rescuers gave the tourists priority over others who were isolated and
> alone, elderly and infirmed, infants and people with special needs.
> -----
>
> How many more ways did the government screw things up here? I hope that
> such stories become well highlighted by the media - maybe then people will
> begin to wake up.

The whole fiasco has shaken most peoples trust in our
government during times of disaster.

Snit

Sep 4, 2005, 8:14:19 PM9/4/05
"GreyCloud" <cum...@mist.com> stated in post 431B8350...@mist.com on
9/4/05 4:29 PM:

Hopefully it will lead to a "changing of the guards". Throw the bums out!

llort

Sep 5, 2005, 6:47:15 AM9/5/05
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:14:19 -0700, Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
wrote:

Hopefully this will also lead to a changing of attitudes in the
American culture so there is a little more thought and consideration
are put into needs of the have-nots. This whole tragedy reminds me of
what happened on the Titanic almost one hundred years ago. Lack of
leadership, people not taking a threat seriously, technology not built
to withstand the forces of nature, and the poor just ended up
drowning while stuck in steerage.

Flint

Sep 5, 2005, 9:55:45 AM9/5/05
Snit wrote:
> http://newstandardnews.net/content/?action=show_item&itemid=2320
> -----
> As thousands of New Orleans residents -- the vast majority of them poor and
> black -- waited for days in squalid and nightmarish conditions for rescue,
> authorities prioritized tourists and hotel guests for evacuation.

> On Friday, with thousands of the Superdome零 inhabitants still waiting for

> evacuation by bus, the National Guard ushered several hundred tourists and
> Hyatt hotel employees to the head of the line. The group had been holed up
> in the Hyatt in relatively humane conditions, at least compared to those at
> the Superdome.

This is pure bullshit. There was no "line" to speak of, and there still
isn't one. People are still arriving at the dome as we speak, and from
what I see, the Astrodome was filled before those Hyatt employees were
'ushered to the head' of any line. The people running this story
should be put up against a wall and shot.

> "A convoy of food and supplies provided by Hyatt hotels in Atlanta and
> Houston arrived at Hyatt Regency New Orleans on Wednesday of this week."
> Food and supplies did not arrive at the Superdome until Friday night.

> But rescuers gave the tourists priority over others who were isolated and

> alone, elderly and infirmed, infants and people with special needs.

This is more of race-card dealing, anti-Bush bullshit.

Geezus h fucking Kuhrist... will people PUHLEEZE stop buying into this
underhanded race card playing crap ever give it the fuck up?!

THE FUCKING CITY IS UNDER WATER!

> How many more ways did the government screw things up here? I hope that
> such stories become well highlighted by the media - maybe then people will
> begin to wake up.

Screw ups MAY have indeed occurred. More screw ups will LIKELY occur.
This happens in emergencies with unexpected twists.

Get over it....

The biggest screw ups occured when people had a chance to leave and
didn't. People died as a result of mistakes. It happens.

Get over it....

I'm sorry, but this all has an anti-Bush "sub-text", and right now, this
serves no useful purpose whatsoever except to fucking whine like a
fucking bunch of little bitches.

FACT OF LIFE: If you expect your government to protect you from
*everything*, you are a fool.

-Rick

Snit

Sep 5, 2005, 12:58:37 PM9/5/05
"Flint" <age...@section31.org> stated in post hdGcnav_nLv...@ptd.net
on 9/5/05 6:55 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>> http://newstandardnews.net/content/?action=show_item&itemid=2320
>> -----
>> As thousands of New Orleans residents -- the vast majority of them poor and
>> black -- waited for days in squalid and nightmarish conditions for rescue,
>> authorities prioritized tourists and hotel guests for evacuation.
>
>> On Friday, with thousands of the Superdome零 inhabitants still waiting for
>> evacuation by bus, the National Guard ushered several hundred tourists and
>> Hyatt hotel employees to the head of the line. The group had been holed up
>> in the Hyatt in relatively humane conditions, at least compared to those at
>> the Superdome.
>
> This is pure bullshit. There was no "line" to speak of, and there still
> isn't one. People are still arriving at the dome as we speak, and from
> what I see, the Astrodome was filled before those Hyatt employees were
> 'ushered to the head' of any line. The people running this story
> should be put up against a wall and shot.

No line? So when the buses arrive people just sort of pile in willy nilly.
If what you say is true, the people running the "rescue" should be shot.

>> "A convoy of food and supplies provided by Hyatt hotels in Atlanta and
>> Houston arrived at Hyatt Regency New Orleans on Wednesday of this week."
>> Food and supplies did not arrive at the Superdome until Friday night.
>
>> But rescuers gave the tourists priority over others who were isolated and
>> alone, elderly and infirmed, infants and people with special needs.
>
> This is more of race-card dealing, anti-Bush bullshit.
>
> Geezus h fucking Kuhrist... will people PUHLEEZE stop buying into this
> underhanded race card playing crap ever give it the fuck up?!

You say that but offer no alternative view. Why is that?

> THE FUCKING CITY IS UNDER WATER!

Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you get some divine
knowledge. Oh, it has been *the* story on the news since the hurricane!

>> How many more ways did the government screw things up here? I hope that
>> such stories become well highlighted by the media - maybe then people will
>> begin to wake up.
>
> Screw ups MAY have indeed occurred. More screw ups will LIKELY occur.
> This happens in emergencies with unexpected twists.
>
> Get over it....
>
> The biggest screw ups occured when people had a chance to leave and
> didn't. People died as a result of mistakes. It happens.

Chance to leave? How? Many of them have no cars, no money... but the buses
the city used to run are now under water. They could - and should - have
been used to get people out.

> Get over it....
>
> I'm sorry, but this all has an anti-Bush "sub-text", and right now, this
> serves no useful purpose whatsoever except to fucking whine like a
> fucking bunch of little bitches.
>
> FACT OF LIFE: If you expect your government to protect you from
> *everything*, you are a fool.

Who said anything about the government protecting anyone from everything?
Poor Flint - you completely missed the point of the article.

Snit

Sep 5, 2005, 12:59:51 PM9/5/05
"llort" <ll...@xuscam.com> stated in post
bs7oh1lgv63o2biuk...@4ax.com on 9/5/05 3:47 AM:

>>> The whole fiasco has shaken most peoples trust in our
>>> government during times of disaster.
>>
>> Hopefully it will lead to a "changing of the guards". Throw the bums out!
>

> Hopefully this will also lead to a changing of attitudes in the
> American culture so there is a little more thought and consideration
> are put into needs of the have-nots. This whole tragedy reminds me of
> what happened on the Titanic almost one hundred years ago. Lack of
> leadership, people not taking a threat seriously, technology not built
> to withstand the forces of nature, and the poor just ended up
> drowning while stuck in steerage.

Well stated... I do hope it wakes people up. If CSMA is any indication,
those in denial will stay that way though.

Then again, I think the US population is smarter, on average, than the
comments seen in CSMA.

Rick

Sep 5, 2005, 1:11:12 PM9/5/05
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:58:37 -0700, Snit wrote:

(snip)

> Chance to leave? How? Many of them have no cars, no money... but the buses
> the city used to run are now under water. They could - and should - have
> been used to get people out.

Well, Snit...

Have you ever had to triage? Hmmm???

Have you ever participated in writing disaster plans? Hmmm?

Have you ever evacuated groups of people? Hmmmm???

When you have, come back and do your bitching.

--
Rick

Tim Smith

Sep 5, 2005, 1:51:47 PM9/5/05
In article <hdGcnav_nLv...@ptd.net>,

Flint <age...@section31.org> wrote:
> > But rescuers gave the tourists priority over others who were isolated and
> > alone, elderly and infirmed, infants and people with special needs.
>
> This is more of race-card dealing, anti-Bush bullshit.
>
> Geezus h fucking Kuhrist... will people PUHLEEZE stop buying into this
> underhanded race card playing crap ever give it the fuck up?!

Uhm...race? What race do you think elderly, infirmed, infants, or
people with special needs refers to?

--
--Tim Smith

Snit

Sep 5, 2005, 1:59:48 PM9/5/05
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
pan.2005.09.05...@nomail.com on 9/5/05 10:11 AM:

Funny how you bailed from the actual discussion. As far as doing those -
not only have I done or participated in those, I have done at least some of
those in the last week. Oops... there goes your theory.

In any case, that really is not what this is about - I could have easily
have done none of those and still been able to stay on topic. :)

Let us not forget what you are running from:

-----

Chance to leave? How? Many of them have no cars, no money... but the buses

the city used to run are now under water. They could - and should - have
been used to get people out.

Lars Träger

Sep 5, 2005, 2:25:43 PM9/5/05

llort wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:14:19 -0700, Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
> wrote:
>
> >"GreyCloud" <cum...@mist.com> stated in post 431B8350...@mist.com on
> >9/4/05 4:29 PM:
> >
> >> The whole fiasco has shaken most peoples trust in our
> >> government during times of disaster.
> >
> >Hopefully it will lead to a "changing of the guards". Throw the bums out!
>

> Hopefully this will also lead to a changing of attitudes in the
> American culture so there is a little more thought and consideration
> are put into needs of the have-nots. This whole tragedy reminds me of
> what happened on the Titanic almost one hundred years ago. Lack of
> leadership, people not taking a threat seriously, technology not built
> to withstand the forces of nature, and the poor just ended up
> drowning while stuck in steerage.

Titanic? Try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mississippi_Flood
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/flood/index.html
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/flood/timeline/timeline2.html

"The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How It Changed America"

Or, infact, how little it changed in America.

Lars T.

Steve Mackay

Sep 5, 2005, 2:38:51 PM9/5/05

Snit is one of those cowardly arm chair quarterbacks that can do nothing
but criticize. Hind site is 20-20.

Watching an interview with the N.O. Mayor late last night, he also
disagreed with the "race card" B.S.

Snit

Sep 5, 2005, 2:46:32 PM9/5/05
"Steve Mackay" <steve_...@hotmail.com> stated in post
_g0Te.12404$1r3...@fe01.usenetserver.com on 9/5/05 11:38 AM:

Wow - you can criticize my comments, but you cannot offer any better
explanation. I see you are also grasping at straws to accept Rick's BS
answer to my post - well, the part he did not snip and run from.

Do you understand your hypocrisy? Here you are criticizing me for
criticizing someone else. How silly of you. Face it, Steve, your argument
is not with my views, but with me - you have made it clear you will disagree
with anything I say just for the sake of disagreeing.

If you want to argue that this crisis has been handled well you will need to
provide a very strong argument - being that, well, the government at many
levels blew it in a huge way.

Rick

Sep 5, 2005, 5:31:04 PM9/5/05
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:59:48 -0700, Snit wrote:

> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
> pan.2005.09.05...@nomail.com on 9/5/05 10:11 AM:
>
>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:58:37 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>> (snip)
>>>
>>> Chance to leave? How? Many of them have no cars, no money... but the buses
>>> the city used to run are now under water. They could - and should - have
>>> been used to get people out.
>>
>> Well, Snit...
>>
>> Have you ever had to triage? Hmmm???
>>
>> Have you ever participated in writing disaster plans? Hmmm?
>>
>> Have you ever evacuated groups of people? Hmmmm???
>>
>> When you have, come back and do your bitching.
>
> Funny how you bailed from the actual discussion.

I didn't bail from anything.

> As far as doing those -
> not only have I done or participated in those, I have done at least some of
> those in the last week.

Where did you perform triage in the last week? In what circumstances? What
were the injuries?

Where have you worked on disaster plans? Did you make allowances for
moving the population within the city/county while evacuating 10s of
thousands of people?

Where and when have you helped evacuate people?

> Oops... there goes your theory.
>
> In any case, that really is not what this is about - I could have easily
> have done none of those and still been able to stay on topic. :)
>
> Let us not forget what you are running from:

I didn't run from anything.

> -----
> "Flint" <age...@section31.org> stated in post hdGcnav_nLv...@ptd.net
> on 9/5/05 6:55 AM:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>> http://newstandardnews.net/content/?action=show_item&itemid=2320
>>> -----
>>> As thousands of New Orleans residents -- the vast majority of them poor and
>>> black -- waited for days in squalid and nightmarish conditions for rescue,
>>> authorities prioritized tourists and hotel guests for evacuation.
>>
>>> On Friday, with thousands of the Superdome零 inhabitants still waiting for
>>> evacuation by bus, the National Guard ushered several hundred tourists and
>>> Hyatt hotel employees to the head of the line. The group had been holed up
>>> in the Hyatt in relatively humane conditions, at least compared to those at
>>> the Superdome.
>>
>> This is pure bullshit. There was no "line" to speak of, and there still
>> isn't one. People are still arriving at the dome as we speak, and from
>> what I see, the Astrodome was filled before those Hyatt employees were
>> 'ushered to the head' of any line. The people running this story
>> should be put up against a wall and shot.
>
> No line? So when the buses arrive people just sort of pile in willy nilly.
> If what you say is true, the people running the "rescue" should be shot.

When you run an evacuation, let us know.

>>> "A convoy of food and supplies provided by Hyatt hotels in Atlanta and
>>> Houston arrived at Hyatt Regency New Orleans on Wednesday of this week."
>>> Food and supplies did not arrive at the Superdome until Friday night.
>>
>>> But rescuers gave the tourists priority over others who were isolated and
>>> alone, elderly and infirmed, infants and people with special needs.
>>
>> This is more of race-card dealing, anti-Bush bullshit.
>>
>> Geezus h fucking Kuhrist... will people PUHLEEZE stop buying into this
>> underhanded race card playing crap ever give it the fuck up?!
>
> You say that but offer no alternative view. Why is that?

The alternative view is that,at the moment, they are doing the best they
can.

>> THE FUCKING CITY IS UNDER WATER!
>
> Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you get some divine
> knowledge. Oh, it has been *the* story on the news since the hurricane!
>>
>>> How many more ways did the government screw things up here? I hope that
>>> such stories become well highlighted by the media - maybe then people will
>>> begin to wake up.
>>
>> Screw ups MAY have indeed occurred. More screw ups will LIKELY occur.
>> This happens in emergencies with unexpected twists.
>>
>> Get over it....
>>
>> The biggest screw ups occured when people had a chance to leave and
>> didn't. People died as a result of mistakes. It happens.
>
> Chance to leave? How? Many of them have no cars, no money... but the buses
> the city used to run are now under water. They could - and should - have
> been used to get people out.

Really? The --city-- buses? Are you sure? How would you move people
-within- the city?

>> Get over it....
>>
>> I'm sorry, but this all has an anti-Bush "sub-text", and right now, this
>> serves no useful purpose whatsoever except to fucking whine like a
>> fucking bunch of little bitches.
>>
>> FACT OF LIFE: If you expect your government to protect you from
>> *everything*, you are a fool.
>
> Who said anything about the government protecting anyone from everything?
> Poor Flint - you completely missed the point of the article.

And you are a back seat driver.

--
Rick

Snit

Sep 5, 2005, 7:05:18 PM9/5/05
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
pan.2005.09.05....@nomail.com on 9/5/05 2:31 PM:

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:59:48 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
>> pan.2005.09.05...@nomail.com on 9/5/05 10:11 AM:
>>
>>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:58:37 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>>
>>> (snip)

>>> Well, Snit...
>>>
>>> Have you ever had to triage? Hmmm???
>>>
>>> Have you ever participated in writing disaster plans? Hmmm?
>>>
>>> Have you ever evacuated groups of people? Hmmmm???
>>>
>>> When you have, come back and do your bitching.
>>
>> Funny how you bailed from the actual discussion.
>
> I didn't bail from anything.

You dishonestly snipped and ran - as I showed by re-including what you
bailed from.

>> As far as doing those - not only have I done or participated in those, I have
>> done at least some of those in the last week.
>
> Where did you perform triage in the last week? In what circumstances? What
> were the injuries?
>
> Where have you worked on disaster plans? Did you make allowances for
> moving the population within the city/county while evacuating 10s of
> thousands of people?
>
> Where and when have you helped evacuate people?

My experiences here are not relevant. I have no desire to allow such
obfuscations. What I will tell you is that what I wrote about doing at
least some of those in the last week is correct.

>> Oops... there goes your theory.
>>
>> In any case, that really is not what this is about - I could have easily
>> have done none of those and still been able to stay on topic. :)
>>
>> Let us not forget what you are running from:
>
> I didn't run from anything.

Incorrect: as shown by my ability to re-include what you snipped and ran
from.

>> -----
>> "Flint" <age...@section31.org> stated in post hdGcnav_nLv...@ptd.net
>> on 9/5/05 6:55 AM:

>>> This is pure bullshit. There was no "line" to speak of, and there still
>>> isn't one. People are still arriving at the dome as we speak, and from
>>> what I see, the Astrodome was filled before those Hyatt employees were
>>> 'ushered to the head' of any line. The people running this story
>>> should be put up against a wall and shot.
>>
>> No line? So when the buses arrive people just sort of pile in willy nilly.
>> If what you say is true, the people running the "rescue" should be shot.
>
> When you run an evacuation, let us know.

The number of evacuations I have run or participated in is not the question
at hand. Why are you changing the topic?

>>> This is more of race-card dealing, anti-Bush bullshit.
>>>
>>> Geezus h fucking Kuhrist... will people PUHLEEZE stop buying into this
>>> underhanded race card playing crap ever give it the fuck up?!
>>
>> You say that but offer no alternative view. Why is that?
>
> The alternative view is that,at the moment, they are doing the best they
> can.

Why change the topic from what "they" have been doing - which is screwing up
in a massive way - to what they are doing "at the moment". I do not know
what they are doing "at the moment", and I would bet you do not either.

>>> THE FUCKING CITY IS UNDER WATER!
>>
>> Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you get some divine
>> knowledge. Oh, it has been *the* story on the news since the hurricane!

>>> Screw ups MAY have indeed occurred. More screw ups will LIKELY occur.
>>> This happens in emergencies with unexpected twists.
>>>
>>> Get over it....
>>>
>>> The biggest screw ups occured when people had a chance to leave and
>>> didn't. People died as a result of mistakes. It happens.
>>
>> Chance to leave? How? Many of them have no cars, no money... but the buses
>> the city used to run are now under water. They could - and should - have
>> been used to get people out.\
>
> Really? The --city-- buses? Are you sure? How would you move people
> -within- the city?

What do you mean? Seems like you did not understand my point:

All those buses which are now playing submarine could have been saved -
along with saving large numbers of people. Just set up stations where
people could have gone to be evacuated - and let them know they would have a
place to go. Sure, you would still have some yahoos not willing to go and
perhaps you would have not been able to get out all the people who needed to
get out, but that would have been much, much better than just leaving the
people to die... which is what happened.

>>> Get over it....
>>>
>>> I'm sorry, but this all has an anti-Bush "sub-text", and right now, this
>>> serves no useful purpose whatsoever except to fucking whine like a
>>> fucking bunch of little bitches.
>>>
>>> FACT OF LIFE: If you expect your government to protect you from
>>> *everything*, you are a fool.
>>
>> Who said anything about the government protecting anyone from everything?
>> Poor Flint - you completely missed the point of the article.
>
> And you are a back seat driver.

As a citizen of a democracy I not only have a right but an obligation to
become educated about such major issues. The fact that you are clearly not
even slightly in the "know" is not something that you should be bragging
about.

And you are still missing the point - but at least you attempted to give
answers this time. That is an improvement for you. I appreciate that you
did not snip and run, as is becoming the norm for cowardly trolls in CSMA.

Rick

Sep 5, 2005, 7:56:53 PM9/5/05
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:05:18 -0700, Snit wrote:

> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
> pan.2005.09.05....@nomail.com on 9/5/05 2:31 PM:
>
>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:59:48 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
>>> pan.2005.09.05...@nomail.com on 9/5/05 10:11 AM:

>>> Funny how you bailed from the actual discussion.
>>
>> I didn't bail from anything.
>
> You dishonestly snipped and ran - as I showed by re-including what you
> bailed from.

You are a liar. I didn't bail from anything. I addresssed comments to a
particular part of the post, and snipped the part I wasn't addressing.

>>> As far as doing those - not only have I done or participated in those, I have
>>> done at least some of those in the last week.
>>
>> Where did you perform triage in the last week? In what circumstances? What
>> were the injuries?
>>
>> Where have you worked on disaster plans? Did you make allowances for
>> moving the population within the city/county while evacuating 10s of
>> thousands of people?
>>
>> Where and when have you helped evacuate people?
>
> My experiences here are not relevant. I have no desire to allow such
> obfuscations. What I will tell you is that what I wrote about doing at
> least some of those in the last week is correct.

Translation. You are lying again.

>>> Oops... there goes your theory.
>>>
>>> In any case, that really is not what this is about - I could have easily
>>> have done none of those and still been able to stay on topic. :)
>>>
>>> Let us not forget what you are running from:
>>
>> I didn't run from anything.
>
> Incorrect: as shown by my ability to re-include what you snipped and ran
> from.

You are lying again.

>>> -----
>>> "Flint" <age...@section31.org> stated in post hdGcnav_nLv...@ptd.net
>>> on 9/5/05 6:55 AM:

>>> No line? So when the buses arrive people just sort of pile in willy nilly.
>>> If what you say is true, the people running the "rescue" should be shot.
>>
>> When you run an evacuation, let us know.
>
> The number of evacuations I have run or participated in is not the question
> at hand.

No experience/ Then shut your ignorant mouth.

> Why are you changing the topic?

I didn't. I asked, and am asking for some sort of evidence that you have
any clue whatsoever regarding disasters and evacuation.

>>> You say that but offer no alternative view. Why is that?
>>
>> The alternative view is that,at the moment, they are doing the best they
>> can.
>
> Why change the topic from what "they" have been doing - which is screwing up
> in a massive way -

When you can show some sort of evidence that you have a clue about what is
going on, let us know. Until then, shut your ignorant mouth.

> to what they are doing "at the moment". I do not know
> what they are doing "at the moment",

The you have no idea if anyone is 'screwing up' or not.

> and I would bet you do not either.

I have a better idea than you.
... 14 years on the street as a paramedic. Within those 14 years, helping
to write disaster plans, and evacuating people prior to hurricanes and
relocating them after. 9 years of teaching EMS full time, including
triage. I have seen my fair share of carnage and bodies.

>>> Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you get some divine
>>> knowledge. Oh, it has been *the* story on the news since the hurricane!

>>> Chance to leave? How? Many of them have no cars, no money... but the buses
>>> the city used to run are now under water. They could - and should - have
>>> been used to get people out.\
>>
>> Really? The --city-- buses? Are you sure? How would you move people
>> -within- the city?
>
> What do you mean? Seems like you did not understand my point:
>
> All those buses which are now playing submarine could have been saved -
> along with saving large numbers of people. Just set up stations where
> people could have gone to be evacuated - and let them know they would have a
> place to go.

How would the population within the City be mvoing if the bussess were
taken up by evacuation?

> Sure, you would still have some yahoos not willing to go and
> perhaps you would have not been able to get out all the people who needed to
> get out, but that would have been much, much better than just leaving the
> people to die... which is what happened.

You are such a piece of trash. No government official or agency left
anyone to die.

>>> Who said anything about the government protecting anyone from everything?
>>> Poor Flint - you completely missed the point of the article.
>>
>> And you are a back seat driver.
>
> As a citizen of a democracy I not only have a right but an obligation to
> become educated about such major issues.

Then you should become educated.

> The fact that you are clearly not
> even slightly in the "know" is not something that you should be bragging
> about.

You are clearly clueless less.

> And you are still missing the point

No, actually, I'm not. I have Emergency Services experience. I have helped
evacuate people, and evacuated several times. And I have picked up bodies.
You, on the other hand, don't seem to have the slightest idea about
disasters.

BTW ... your whining about the City buses... wrong buses.

> - but at least you attempted to give
> answers this time. That is an improvement for you. I appreciate that you
> did not snip and run, as is becoming the norm for cowardly trolls in CSMA.

I'd appreciate it if you self-qualified for a Darwin Award.

--
Rick

Snit

Sep 5, 2005, 8:24:15 PM9/5/05
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
pan.2005.09.05....@nomail.com on 9/5/05 4:56 PM:

<SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />

>>> When you run an evacuation, let us know.
>>
>> The number of evacuations I have run or participated in is not the question
>> at hand.
>
> No experience/ Then shut your ignorant mouth.

My experiences here are not relevant. I have no desire to allow such
obfuscations. Why do you not actually *try* to stay on topic?

<SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />

>> Why change the topic from what "they" have been doing - which is screwing up
>> in a massive way -
>
> When you can show some sort of evidence that you have a clue about what is
> going on, let us know. Until then, shut your ignorant mouth.

Wow - you sure are getting angry... I suppose that is your way of dealing
with your embarrassment. Do you really need me to re-post the subset of my
research that I have done?

It does not take an expert to see how badly the evacuation and rescue were
handled. If you wish to defend the government on this doing so by looking
elsewhere - at me - is not going to further your claims. It will, however,
amuse you and other trolls. Is that your only goal?

>> to what they are doing "at the moment". I do not know
>> what they are doing "at the moment",
>
> The you have no idea if anyone is 'screwing up' or not.

I know they have been screwing up - you are correct that I cannot say they
are doing so at this very moment, though the recent history makes that a
reasonable conclusion.

>> and I would bet you do not either.
>
> I have a better idea than you.
> ... 14 years on the street as a paramedic. Within those 14 years, helping
> to write disaster plans, and evacuating people prior to hurricanes and
> relocating them after. 9 years of teaching EMS full time, including
> triage. I have seen my fair share of carnage and bodies.

I am sure you think this is relevant to how the government screwed this up.
Let me assure you that it is not.

<SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />

>> All those buses which are now playing submarine could have been saved -
>> along with saving large numbers of people. Just set up stations where
>> people could have gone to be evacuated - and let them know they would have a
>> place to go.
>
> How would the population within the City be mvoing if the bussess were
> taken up by evacuation?

The people would be... get this... on the buses. That is what buses are
often used for - moving people. You see had they moved the bused out of the
area before the storm they could have filled them with people. Buses move
people in many places in the country, it is not a novel idea. In fact, the
definition that of "bus" that is relevant here is, "a vehicle carrying many
passengers; used for public transport". Do you not see how a bus could
actually have moved people?

>> Sure, you would still have some yahoos not willing to go and
>> perhaps you would have not been able to get out all the people who needed to
>> get out, but that would have been much, much better than just leaving the
>> people to die... which is what happened.
>
> You are such a piece of trash. No government official or agency left
> anyone to die.

Sure, that is why Michael Brown, the FEMA director, said that he had just
head of the situation at the Superdome on Sept 1 even though it had been
reported on the news repeatedly for the 3 days previous to that, and over
500 National Guards were stationed there - to screen refugees for weapons!
How is it the government was able to send in over 500 National Guard members
but not able to send in any supplies other than for their National Guard?
How is it supplies made it to the hotel close by but not the Superdome? Can
you explain these things? My guess is you will, again, bail and not give a
reasoned response. I do hope you prove me wrong.

<SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />

Message has been deleted

Rick

Sep 5, 2005, 9:29:17 PM9/5/05
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:24:15 -0700, Snit wrote:

> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
> pan.2005.09.05....@nomail.com on 9/5/05 4:56 PM:
>
> <SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />

Replaced:

>>> The number of evacuations I have run or participated in is not the question
>>> at hand.
>>
>> No experience/ Then shut your ignorant mouth.
>
> My experiences here are not relevant. I have no desire to allow such
> obfuscations. Why do you not actually *try* to stay on topic?
>
> <SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />
>
>>> Why change the topic from what "they" have been doing - which is screwing up
>>> in a massive way -
>>
>> When you can show some sort of evidence that you have a clue about what is
>> going on, let us know. Until then, shut your ignorant mouth.
>
> Wow - you sure are getting angry...

Yes, I am.

> I suppose that is your way of dealing with your embarrassment.

As usual, you are wrong and on several levels

> Do you really need me to re-post the subset of my
> research that I have done?

Research? Research?
ahaa HA hah HA ha HAha h AH hAHH Ah AHA ha AH

> It does not take an expert to see how badly the evacuation and rescue were
> handled.

Suppose you tell us when and where such an evacuation of such magnitutde
has been better handled.

> If you wish to defend the government on this doing so by looking
> elsewhere - at me - is not going to further your claims. It will, however,
> amuse you and other trolls. Is that your only goal?

Go buy a clue.

>>> to what they are doing "at the moment". I do not know
>>> what they are doing "at the moment",
>>
>> The you have no idea if anyone is 'screwing up' or not.
>
> I know they have been screwing up -

And how do you know that?

> you are correct that I cannot say they
> are doing so at this very moment, though the recent history makes that a
> reasonable conclusion.

Well which is it? They are screwing up, or they aren't?

>>> and I would bet you do not either.
>>
>> I have a better idea than you.
>> ... 14 years on the street as a paramedic. Within those 14 years, helping
>> to write disaster plans, and evacuating people prior to hurricanes and
>> relocating them after. 9 years of teaching EMS full time, including
>> triage. I have seen my fair share of carnage and bodies.
>
> I am sure you think this is relevant to how the government screwed this up.
> Let me assure you that it is not.

Yes it is relevant. You obviously don't think so because, as usual, you
have no idea what you are talking about.

> <SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />
>
>>> All those buses which are now playing submarine could have been saved -
>>> along with saving large numbers of people. Just set up stations where
>>> people could have gone to be evacuated - and let them know they would have a
>>> place to go.
>>

>> How would the population within the City be moving if the buses were

>> taken up by evacuation?
>
> The people would be... get this... on the buses. That is what buses are
> often used for - moving people.

How can you move people within the city AND evacuate it with the same
busses?

> You see had they moved the bused out of
> the area before the storm they could have filled them with people.
> Buses move people in many places in the country, it is not a novel idea.
> In fact, the definition that of "bus" that is relevant here is, "a
> vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport". Do you
> not see how a bus could actually have moved people?

Again, bunky.... wrong buses. I don't think you have figured it out yet.

>>> Sure, you would still have some yahoos not willing to go and perhaps
>>> you would have not been able to get out all the people who needed to
>>> get out, but that would have been much, much better than just leaving
>>> the people to die... which is what happened.
>>
>> You are such a piece of trash. No government official or agency left
>> anyone to die.
>
> Sure, that is why Michael Brown, the FEMA director, said that he had
> just head of the situation at the Superdome on Sept 1 even though it had
> been reported on the news repeatedly for the 3 days previous to that,
> and over 500 National Guards were stationed there - to screen refugees
> for weapons! How is it the government was able to send in over 500
> National Guard members but not able to send in any supplies other than
> for their National Guard? How is it supplies made it to the hotel close
> by but not the Superdome? Can you explain these things?

No, I cannot. I am not there. I am not privy to the exact conditions.

> My guess is
> you will, again, bail and not give a reasoned response.

Wrong again, what a surprise.

> I do hope you prove me wrong.
>
> <SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />

You are such a piece of trash. No government official or agency left
anyone to die.

I guess it hurts you to hear the truth.

Snit, you are a liar. And an ignorant one. You trash people that are
trying their level best to cope with a horrendous situation. And you do it
without the slightest idea of what is going on.

--
Rick

Snit

Sep 5, 2005, 9:42:52 PM9/5/05
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
pan.2005.09.06....@nomail.com on 9/5/05 6:29 PM:

<SNIP CONTENT = "Ricks' repeated trolling and obfuscation" />

>>> When you can show some sort of evidence that you have a clue about what is
>>> going on, let us know. Until then, shut your ignorant mouth.
>>
>> Wow - you sure are getting angry...
>
> Yes, I am.

At least you are honest enough to admit that. Not sure why you would get
angry - other than your own embarrassment at your comments.

As I wrote and you gave no reasoned response to:

Do you really need me to re-post the subset of my
research that I have done?

>> <SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />

>>> How would the population within the City be moving if the buses were
>>> taken up by evacuation?
>>
>> The people would be... get this... on the buses. That is what buses are
>> often used for - moving people.
>
> How can you move people within the city AND evacuate it with the same
> busses?

Why would you want to? Who has suggested such things? There are many buses
that are acting, poorly, as submarines right now. Why were those buses not
saved - along with people.

>> You see had they moved the bused out of
>> the area before the storm they could have filled them with people.
>> Buses move people in many places in the country, it is not a novel idea.
>> In fact, the definition that of "bus" that is relevant here is, "a
>> vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport". Do you
>> not see how a bus could actually have moved people?
>
> Again, bunky.... wrong buses. I don't think you have figured it out yet.

Do you deny there are buses under water in the city in question? Those, of
course, are the buses that I am in reference to.

>>> You are such a piece of trash. No government official or agency left
>>> anyone to die.
>>
>> Sure, that is why Michael Brown, the FEMA director, said that he had
>> just head of the situation at the Superdome on Sept 1 even though it had
>> been reported on the news repeatedly for the 3 days previous to that,
>> and over 500 National Guards were stationed there - to screen refugees
>> for weapons! How is it the government was able to send in over 500
>> National Guard members but not able to send in any supplies other than
>> for their National Guard? How is it supplies made it to the hotel close
>> by but not the Superdome? Can you explain these things?
>
> No, I cannot. I am not there. I am not privy to the exact conditions.

Do you need *exact* info to know there is something quite wrong with the
government actions? I simply do not share your blind trust - especially
when there is so much contrary information.

>> My guess is
>> you will, again, bail and not give a reasoned response.
>
> Wrong again, what a surprise.

Yet you gave no reasoned response - you merely shared your blind trust.

>> I do hope you prove me wrong.
>>
>> <SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />
>
> You are such a piece of trash. No government official or agency left
> anyone to die.

I look forward to your support of that claim - especially in light of the
heavy amount of contrary evidence.

> I guess it hurts you to hear the truth.

I am not surprised to see you guess many irrational and, frankly, stupid
things. Your blind trust - even in the light of strong evidence contrary to
your view - is a testament to that. And when your blind trust is questioned
you lash out... as seen below:

> Snit, you are a liar. And an ignorant one. You trash people that are
> trying their level best to cope with a horrendous situation. And you do it
> without the slightest idea of what is going on.

Look at how you lash out ... in your admitted anger. Your blind trust has
not served you well.

Rick

Sep 5, 2005, 10:01:55 PM9/5/05
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:42:52 -0700, Snit wrote:

> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
> pan.2005.09.06....@nomail.com on 9/5/05 6:29 PM:
>
> <SNIP CONTENT = "Ricks' repeated trolling and obfuscation" />

>>> Wow - you sure are getting angry...
>>
>> Yes, I am.
>
> At least you are honest enough to admit that. Not sure why you would get
> angry - other than your own embarrassment at your comments.

... I see you never tire of being wrong or stupid.

> <SNIP CONTENT = "Ricks' repeated trolling and obfuscation" />

Replaced:

>>> I am sure you think this is relevant to how the government screwed this up.
>>> Let me assure you that it is not.
>>
>> Yes it is relevant. You obviously don't think so because, as usual, you
>> have no idea what you are talking about.
>
> As I wrote and you gave no reasoned response to:
>
> Do you really need me to re-post the subset of my
> research that I have done?

You are a liar. I did respond:

Research? Research?
ahaa HA hah HA ha HAha h AH hAHH Ah AHA ha AH

>>> <SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />

>>> The people would be... get this... on the buses. That is what buses are
>>> often used for - moving people.
>>
>> How can you move people within the city AND evacuate it with the same

>> buses?

> Why would you want to?

Because people might need to get to different places before leaving?

> Who has suggested such things? There are many buses
> that are acting, poorly, as submarines right now. Why were those buses not
> saved - along with people.

.. saved where? Saved how?

>>> You see had they moved the bused out of
>>> the area before the storm they could have filled them with people.
>>> Buses move people in many places in the country, it is not a novel idea.
>>> In fact, the definition that of "bus" that is relevant here is, "a
>>> vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport". Do you
>>> not see how a bus could actually have moved people?
>>
>> Again, bunky.... wrong buses. I don't think you have figured it out yet.
>
> Do you deny there are buses under water in the city in question?

Do I deny it? No.

> Those, of
> course, are the buses that I am in reference to.

AS I said, wrong buses, bunky. AGAIN, those buses might well have been
needed to move people within the City.

>>> Sure, that is why Michael Brown, the FEMA director, said that he had
>>> just head of the situation at the Superdome on Sept 1 even though it had
>>> been reported on the news repeatedly for the 3 days previous to that,
>>> and over 500 National Guards were stationed there - to screen refugees
>>> for weapons! How is it the government was able to send in over 500
>>> National Guard members but not able to send in any supplies other than
>>> for their National Guard? How is it supplies made it to the hotel close
>>> by but not the Superdome? Can you explain these things?
>>
>> No, I cannot. I am not there. I am not privy to the exact conditions.
>
> Do you need *exact* info to know there is something quite wrong with the
> government actions?

Yes, you do.

> I simply do not share your blind trust - especially
> when there is so much contrary information.

It isn't blind trust. It is experience from helping to write disaster
plans, and then seeing them tested. Something you have not done.

>>> My guess is
>>> you will, again, bail and not give a reasoned response.
>>
>> Wrong again, what a surprise.
>
> Yet you gave no reasoned response - you merely shared your blind trust.

It isn't blind trust, dickhead. It is a wait and see attitude based on
experience.

>>> I do hope you prove me wrong.
>>>
>>> <SNIP CONTENT="Rick's continued ignorant insults and trolling" />
>>
>> You are such a piece of trash. No government official or agency left
>> anyone to die.
>
> I look forward to your support of that claim - especially in light of the
> heavy amount of contrary evidence.

I look forward to you providing evidence that you could have done any
better,

>> I guess it hurts you to hear the truth.
>
> I am not surprised to see you guess many irrational and, frankly, stupid
> things. Your blind trust -

Again, dickhead, it isn't blind trust. I have experience you don't have.

>even in the light of strong evidence contrary to
> your view - is a testament to that. And when your blind trust is questioned
> you lash out... as seen below:

I am not lashing out at you for this particular piece of stupidity.

>> Snit, you are a liar. And an ignorant one. You trash people that are
>> trying their level best to cope with a horrendous situation. And you do it
>> without the slightest idea of what is going on.
>
> Look at how you lash out ... in your admitted anger. Your blind trust has
> not served you well.

You show you incredible amount of stupidity. If it were possible to do so
without other loss of life, I genuinely wish YOU could experience what the
emergency services people are going through.

I once saw such an example. It was at the scene of a car accident. There
was one particular person that was hindering the scene, trying to get
'good' looks. A Trooper grabbed him and shoved his face into the car. He
puked. A lot. He had the same type of persona you show.

--
Rick

Message has been deleted

Snit

Sep 5, 2005, 10:47:42 PM9/5/05
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
pan.2005.09.06....@nomail.com on 9/5/05 7:01 PM:

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:42:52 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
>> pan.2005.09.06....@nomail.com on 9/5/05 6:29 PM:
>>
>> <SNIP CONTENT = "Ricks' repeated trolling and obfuscation" />

>>> Yes, I am.
>>
>> At least you are honest enough to admit that. Not sure why you would get
>> angry - other than your own embarrassment at your comments.
>
> ... I see you never tire of being wrong or stupid.

I do not doubt you see many things that do not exist. That is not in
question.

<SNIP CONTENT = "Ricks' repeated trolling and obfuscation" />

> Yes it is relevant. You obviously don't think so because, as usual, you

>>> have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>> As I wrote and you gave no reasoned response to:
>>
>> Do you really need me to re-post the subset of my
>> research that I have done?
>

> You are a liar. I did respond:
> Research? Research?
> ahaa HA hah HA ha HAha h AH hAHH Ah AHA ha AH

As I said, no "reasoned response". Thank you for proving me correct.

>>> How can you move people within the city AND evacuate it with the same
>>> buses?
>>
>> Why would you want to?
>
> Because people might need to get to different places before leaving?

During an evacuation, people need to get out of a city. That is, of course,
what an evacuation is.

For someone who claims to have such great experience, the fact that you are
confused by such concepts as "buses" and "evacuations" does not speak highly
about you.

The concept is simple: during an evacuation, buses can be used to evacuate
people. The buses would be better used that way than to test how well they
work when submerged, and the people would clearly be better off not being in
a city under water.

>> Who has suggested such things? There are many buses that are acting, poorly,
>> as submarines right now. Why were those buses not saved - along with people.
>
> .. saved where? Saved how?

Buses have an amazing ability to go places. Where they go - other than out
of the area being evacuated - is secondary. Sure, the folks planning would
have to find a place for them to go - I suggest neighboring cities and
states. Do you even know what an evacuation is?

>>> Again, bunky.... wrong buses. I don't think you have figured it out yet.
>>
>> Do you deny there are buses under water in the city in question?
>
> Do I deny it? No.

Well very good. *Those* buses. Not other buses. The ones that even you
have now agreed you do not deny are there.

>> Those, of course, are the buses that I am in reference to.
>
> AS I said, wrong buses

I do not disagree that you said it, but being that *I* am the one
referencing those buses, I can assure you those are the ones I mean.

>, bunky.

bunky? bunky? What type word is that? Sounds like what you are spewing...
a bunch of bunk.

> AGAIN, those buses might well have been needed to move people within the City.

I look forward to your support of this idea.

>>> No, I cannot. I am not there. I am not privy to the exact conditions.
>>
>> Do you need *exact* info to know there is something quite wrong with the
>> government actions?
>
> Yes, you do.

I see you do not know who is referenced when someone you are talking to says
"you". That does not speak well for your reading comprehension abilities.

>> I simply do not share your blind trust - especially when there is so much
>> contrary information.
>
> It isn't blind trust. It is experience from helping to write disaster
> plans, and then seeing them tested. Something you have not done.

How do you know what I have or have not done? And how does your experience
excuse the government's bungling of the whole disaster?

>>> Wrong again, what a surprise.
>>
>> Yet you gave no reasoned response - you merely shared your blind trust.
>
> It isn't blind trust, dickhead. It is a wait and see attitude based on
> experience.

Wow - you claim to have experience but have been confused about what an
evacuation even *is*. Heck, the concept of what a bus is has eluded you.
When I point out your clear confusion and lack of ability to make a reasoned
point you sink to name calling. This does not speak well of you.

>>> You are such a piece of trash. No government official or agency left
>>> anyone to die.
>>
>> I look forward to your support of that claim - especially in light of the
>> heavy amount of contrary evidence.
>
> I look forward to you providing evidence that you could have done any
> better,

I note you offer no support for your claim - just asking me to support a
straw man of yours. This does not speak well of you.

>>> I guess it hurts you to hear the truth.
>>
>> I am not surprised to see you guess many irrational and, frankly, stupid
>> things. Your blind trust -
>
> Again, dickhead, it isn't blind trust. I have experience you don't have.

Let us be clear that you have no idea what my experience is or is not. Let
us also be clear that neither your experience nor mine is at all relevant to
the government screwing this thing up. Let us *also* be clear that your
name calling does not speak well of you.

>> even in the light of strong evidence contrary to your view - is a testament
>> to that. And when your blind trust is questioned you lash out... as seen
>> below:
>
> I am not lashing out at you for this particular piece of stupidity.

again you spew insults - and you dishonestly deny your lashing out... even
though I quoted it. This does not speak well of you.

>>> Snit, you are a liar. And an ignorant one. You trash people that are
>>> trying their level best to cope with a horrendous situation. And you do it
>>> without the slightest idea of what is going on.
>>
>> Look at how you lash out ... in your admitted anger. Your blind trust has
>> not served you well.
>
> You show you incredible amount of stupidity. If it were possible to do so
> without other loss of life, I genuinely wish YOU could experience what the
> emergency services people are going through.

Has anyone suggested they are not going through a rough time? Have you
heard how many of them have committed suicide! Nobody has suggested that it
is easy for anyone - despite your straw man and your lashing out and your
trolling and your flaming and all your other BS.

> I once saw such an example. It was at the scene of a car accident. There
> was one particular person that was hindering the scene, trying to get
> 'good' looks. A Trooper grabbed him and shoved his face into the car. He
> puked. A lot. He had the same type of persona you show.

Er? Wow - what an amazing tangent you throw into the conversation. Your BS
here, of course, has nothing to do with the conversation - it is merely more
of your obfuscating, insulting, and flaming. This does not speak well of
you.

Elizabot v2.0.2

Sep 6, 2005, 12:10:34 AM9/6/05
Rick wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:59:48 -0700, Snit wrote:

>>As far as doing those -
>>not only have I done or participated in those, I have done at least some of
>>those in the last week.
>

> Where did you perform triage in the last week? In what circumstances? What
> were the injuries?
>
> Where have you worked on disaster plans? Did you make allowances for
> moving the population within the city/county while evacuating 10s of
> thousands of people?
>
> Where and when have you helped evacuate people?

It's the beginning of a school year, so Snit probably participated in a
fire drill last week.

--
By responding to Elizabot v2.0.2 you implicitly agree to the TOS at:
http://elizabot.spymac.net/

Steve Carroll

Sep 6, 2005, 12:52:28 AM9/6/05
In article <11hq5lr...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Elizabot v2.0.2" <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote:

> Rick wrote:
> > On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:59:48 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
> >>As far as doing those -
> >>not only have I done or participated in those, I have done at least some of
> >>those in the last week.
> >

> > Where did you perform triage in the last week? In what circumstances? What
> > were the injuries?
> >
> > Where have you worked on disaster plans? Did you make allowances for
> > moving the population within the city/county while evacuating 10s of
> > thousands of people?
> >
> > Where and when have you helped evacuate people?
>
> It's the beginning of a school year, so Snit probably participated in a
> fire drill last week.

LOL!

The only evacuation Snit is familiar with is getting people out of a
newsgroup;)

--
"Not only do I lie about what others are claiming, I show evidence from the
records." - Snit

Elizabot v2.0.2

Sep 6, 2005, 1:04:37 AM9/6/05
Steve Carroll wrote:
> In article <11hq5lr...@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Elizabot v2.0.2" <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote:
>

>>It's the beginning of a school year, so Snit probably participated in a
>>fire drill last week.
>

> LOL!
>
> The only evacuation Snit is familiar with is getting people out of a
> newsgroup;)

He seems to mention flushing a lot too.

--
"And if I get a hemorrhoid shaped like your face my proctologist will
contact you (not that I care what you even look like or what gender you

Elizabot v2.0.2

Sep 6, 2005, 1:26:28 AM9/6/05
Steve Carroll wrote:
> In article <11hq5lr...@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Elizabot v2.0.2" <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote:
>

>>Rick wrote:

>>>Where did you perform triage in the last week? In what circumstances? What
>>>were the injuries?
>>>
>>>Where have you worked on disaster plans? Did you make allowances for
>>>moving the population within the city/county while evacuating 10s of
>>>thousands of people?
>>>
>>>Where and when have you helped evacuate people?
>>
>>It's the beginning of a school year, so Snit probably participated in a
>>fire drill last week.
>

> LOL!

Or maybe he got to play an accident victim.

<snip>

Rick

Sep 6, 2005, 6:18:03 AM9/6/05
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:47:42 -0700, Snit wrote:

... nothing worth replying to.

--
Rick

NashtOn

Sep 6, 2005, 7:05:37 AM9/6/05
Elizabot v2.0.2 wrote:
> Steve Carroll wrote:
>
>> In article <11hq5lr...@corp.supernews.com>,
>> "Elizabot v2.0.2" <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote:
>>

>>> It's the beginning of a school year, so Snit probably participated in
>>> a fire drill last week.
>>

>> LOL!
>>
>> The only evacuation Snit is familiar with is getting people out of a
>> newsgroup;)
>

> He seems to mention flushing a lot too.

Unfortunately, some turds (like you) are harder to flush.

Nicolas

Snit

Sep 6, 2005, 10:11:05 AM9/6/05
> [...]

> emergency services people are going through.

Has anyone suggested they are not going through a rough time? Have you

heard how many of them have committed suicide! Nobody has suggested that it
is easy for anyone - despite your straw man and your lashing out and your
trolling and your flaming and all your other BS.

> I once saw such an example. It was at the scene of a car accident. There
> was one particular person that was hindering the scene, trying to get
> 'good' looks. A Trooper grabbed him and shoved his face into the car. He
> puked. A lot. He had the same type of persona you show.

Er? Wow - what an amazing tangent you throw into the conversation. Your BS

here, of course, has nothing to do with the conversation - it is merely more
of your obfuscating, insulting, and flaming. This does not speak well of

Rick

Sep 6, 2005, 6:56:32 PM9/6/05

Idiot. Laughing at you IS a reasoned response.

>>> Why would you want to?
>>
>> Because people might need to get to different places before leaving?
>
> During an evacuation, people need to get out of a city. That is, of course,
> what an evacuation is.
>
> For someone who claims to have such great experience, the fact that you are
> confused by such concepts as "buses" and "evacuations" does not speak highly
> about you.

I am not confused, dickhead, you are. I know eactly what buses are. I know
exactly what an evacuation is. I have helped evacuate cities and countoes,
and I have evacuated.

> The concept is simple: during an evacuation, buses can be used to evacuate
> people.

No duh.

> The buses would be better used that way than to test how well they
> work when submerged, and the people would clearly be better off not being in
> a city under water.

And AGAIN, for the terminally stupid (that's you)... you are bitching
about the WRONG BUSES.

>>> Who has suggested such things? There are many buses that are acting, poorly,
>>> as submarines right now. Why were those buses not saved - along with people.
>>
>> .. saved where? Saved how?
>
> Buses have an amazing ability to go places. Where they go - other than out
> of the area being evacuated - is secondary. Sure, the folks planning would
> have to find a place for them to go - I suggest neighboring cities and
> states. Do you even know what an evacuation is?

Since I have planned for and been involved in evacuations, I have a hell
of a lot more experience than you, it seems.

>>> Do you deny there are buses under water in the city in question?
>>
>> Do I deny it? No.
>
> Well very good. *Those* buses. Not other buses. The ones that even you
> have now agreed you do not deny are there.

And AGAIN, you are bitching about the WRONG buses if your are still
bitching about evacuation.

>>> Those, of course, are the buses that I am in reference to.
>>
>> AS I said, wrong buses
>
> I do not disagree that you said it, but being that *I* am the one
> referencing those buses, I can assure you those are the ones I mean.
>
>>, bunky.
>
> bunky? bunky? What type word is that? Sounds like what you are spewing...
> a bunch of bunk.

Naw, it's meant as an insult. To ytou.

>> AGAIN, those buses might well have been needed to move people within the City.
>
> I look forward to your support of this idea.

I doubt it. When an evacuation is called for, people can not, and do not,
just drop what they are doing and leave. They have preparations to make.
Municipal transportation is needed while people make those preparations.
At the same time, there ARE people leaving.

>>> Do you need *exact* info to know there is something quite wrong with the
>>> government actions?
>>
>> Yes, you do.
>
> I see you do not know who is referenced when someone you are talking to says
> "you". That does not speak well for your reading comprehension abilities.

Here, dickhead, I'll make it simple for you.

In order to make intelligent evaluations of the decisions being made in
Katrina's area of disaster, exact information of the situation must be
know. There are such things as WHICH streets are and are not flooded. What
flooded the streets (rain or levee break). Which areas will probably be
cleared first. Were the levee water force estimates correct? (You do know
that one of the main levee breaks was in the area deemed most strong,
don't you?). Were the evacuation estimates correct? Did people stay in the
same areas as predicted in the plans? What events were not anticipated,
and how do they impact the present plans? Are areas that will be cleared
in danger of re-flooding?

There are literally thousands of questions like these. It will take many
months, if not years to tell how well New Orleans and the Gulf Coast was
prepared, and what can/could be done better.

>>> I simply do not share your blind trust - especially when there is so much
>>> contrary information.
>>
>> It isn't blind trust. It is experience from helping to write disaster
>> plans, and then seeing them tested. Something you have not done.
>
> How do you know what I have or have not done?

Call it an educated hunch.

> And how does your experience
> excuse the government's bungling of the whole disaster?

AGAIN, we don't know if there is any bungling until there is an
investigation.

>>> Yet you gave no reasoned response - you merely shared your blind trust.
>>
>> It isn't blind trust, dickhead. It is a wait and see attitude based on
>> experience.
>
> Wow - you claim to have experience but have been confused about what an
> evacuation even *is*.

you're a liar.

> Heck, the concept of what a bus is has eluded you.

you're a liar.

> When I point out your clear confusion and lack of ability to make a
> reasoned point you sink to name calling.

You're a liar.

> This does not speak well of you.

You have no room to talk.

>>> I look forward to your support of that claim - especially in light of
>>> the heavy amount of contrary evidence.
>>
>> I look forward to you providing evidence that you could have done any
>> better,
>
> I note you offer no support for your claim - just asking me to support a
> straw man of yours. This does not speak well of you.

I look forward to you providing evidence that you could have done any
better

>>> I am not surprised to see you guess many irrational and, frankly,
>>> stupid things. Your blind trust -
>>
>> Again, dickhead, it isn't blind trust. I have experience you don't
>> have.
>
> Let us be clear that you have no idea what my experience is or is not.

Let us call it an educated guess. BTW, put up or shut up.

> Let us also be clear that neither your experience nor mine is at all
> relevant to the government screwing this thing up.

It is relevant. I have a foundation of experience. That foundation says
that we have to wait to see what is being done and what could have been
done before making any decisions.

> Let us *also* be
> clear that your name calling does not speak well of you.

Let us be clear that I don't give one good god-damn what you think speaks
well of me or not.

>>> even in the light of strong evidence contrary to your view - is a
>>> testament to that. And when your blind trust is questioned you lash
>>> out... as seen below:
>>
>> I am not lashing out at you for this particular piece of stupidity.
>
> again you spew insults - and you dishonestly deny your lashing out...
> even though I quoted it.

I am not lashing out. That is you inference. I am not repsonsible for your
stupidity.

> This does not speak well of you.

Let us be clear that I don't give one good god-damn what you think speaks
well of me or not.

>>> Look at how you lash out ... in your admitted anger. Your blind trust
>>> has not served you well.
>>
>> You show you incredible amount of stupidity. If it were possible to do
>> so without other loss of life, I genuinely wish YOU could experience
>> what the emergency services people are going through.
>
> Has anyone suggested they are not going through a rough time? Have you
> heard how many of them have committed suicide!

Actually, I haven't heard of anyone running the evacuation committing
suicide.

> Nobody has suggested
> that it is easy for anyone - despite your straw man and your lashing out
> and your trolling and your flaming and all your other BS.

You proceed form false assumptions again. If I was to track you down
and beat your lying face in, that would be lashing out. I am not doing
that. I am not lashing out.

>> I once saw such an example. It was at the scene of a car accident.
>> There was one particular person that was hindering the scene, trying to
>> get 'good' looks. A Trooper grabbed him and shoved his face into the
>> car. He puked. A lot. He had the same type of persona you show.
>
> Er? Wow - what an amazing tangent you throw into the conversation.
> Your BS here, of course, has nothing to do with the conversation -

Look, you piece of dung... well, I see it is pointless. I will go back to
ignoring your lying little postings...

(snip)

--
Rick

Snit

Sep 6, 2005, 8:00:58 PM9/6/05
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
pan.2005.09.06...@nomail.com on 9/6/05 3:56 PM:

<SNIP CONTENT = "Ricks' repeated trolling and obfuscation" />

> I am not confused, dickhead, you are.

Poor Rick - has to resort to name calling being that he has no facts to back
up his views.

> I know eactly what buses are. I know exactly what an evacuation is. I have
> helped evacuate cities and countoes, and I have evacuated.

And yet below we see you asking:

.. saved where? Saved how?

> Since I have planned for and been involved in evacuations, I have a hell
> of a lot more experience than you, it seems.

Your experience - and mine - is not even a part of the topic. And since you
were stupid enough to ask how buses could help evacuate people, clearly your
experience is either made up or did not help you to learn a thing.

>>> Do I deny it? No.
>>
>> Well very good. *Those* buses. Not other buses. The ones that even you
>> have now agreed you do not deny are there.
>
> And AGAIN, you are bitching about the WRONG buses if your are still
> bitching about evacuation.

The wrong buses? What buses could be the wrong buses? Any bus that could
help evacuate would be the right bus - the school buses, for example.

>> bunky? bunky? What type word is that? Sounds like what you are spewing...
>> a bunch of bunk.
>
> Naw, it's meant as an insult. To ytou.

How is you lowering yourself to name calling an insult to *me*? It is
clearly a sign of your inability to communicate on an adult level - that is
not a poor reflection on me.

>>> AGAIN, those buses might well have been needed to move people within the
>>> City.
>>
>> I look forward to your support of this idea.
>
> I doubt it. When an evacuation is called for, people can not, and do not,
> just drop what they are doing and leave. They have preparations to make.
> Municipal transportation is needed while people make those preparations.
> At the same time, there ARE people leaving.

And you figured this out all by yourself. You must be very, very proud.

Now why do you think there are so many buses playing the part of submarine?
Did they have *all* government controlled buses used this way? Of course
not! How about in use elsewhere? Nope - not that, either. Oh - there goes
your theory.

>>> Yes, you do.
>>
>> I see you do not know who is referenced when someone you are talking to says
>> "you". That does not speak well for your reading comprehension abilities.
>
> Here, dickhead, I'll make it simple for you.

With such language as that coming from you it is "simple" to see you cannot
communicate on an adult level.

> In order to make intelligent evaluations of the decisions being made in
> Katrina's area of disaster, exact information of the situation must be
> know.

Must be know? Perhaps you meant known. In any case, can you even guess as
to what details would have made it so that the school buses, for example,
could not have been used to get people out of the city? What would have
made it so the head of FEMA would not know about stranded people several
days after CNN and every network had been focusing on it so much? Sure, he
was a busy man, but don't you think *someone* would have mentioned it to him
in *some* meeting?

> There are such things as WHICH streets are and are not flooded.

Before the flood none of the streets were flooded.

> What flooded the streets (rain or levee break). Which areas will probably be
> cleared first. Were the levee water force estimates correct? (You do know that
> one of the main levee breaks was in the area deemed most strong, don't you?).
> Were the evacuation estimates correct? Did people stay in the same areas as
> predicted in the plans? What events were not anticipated, and how do they
> impact the present plans? Are areas that will be cleared in danger of
> re-flooding?

All great questions - but not at all related to the topic. Nice try at an
obfuscation though.

> There are literally thousands of questions like these. It will take many
> months, if not years to tell how well New Orleans and the Gulf Coast was
> prepared, and what can/could be done better.

To get details - sure. To figure out that the evacuation should have been
made earlier and that their should have been *transportation* for people to
actually evacuate does not take a rocket scientist. Heck, is there anyone
else in the country *other* than you who did not figure this out?

>> How do you know what I have or have not done?
>
> Call it an educated hunch.

Nope - I will call it what it is: more of your BS trolling.

>> And how does your experience excuse the government's bungling of the whole
>> disaster?
>
> AGAIN, we don't know if there is any bungling until there is an
> investigation.

I and the rest of the world can easily see it, but you cannot. That makes
your statement technically correct, though dependant on your ignorance.

>> Let us also be clear that neither your experience nor mine is at all
>> relevant to the government screwing this thing up.
>
> It is relevant. I have a foundation of experience. That foundation says
> that we have to wait to see what is being done and what could have been
> done before making any decisions.

Gee - I tell you that your experience is meaningless (it is) and you again
try to share your resume with me. Do you get the hint that I do not care?
Do you understand that you could be the freakin' president and you opinion
would not become any less ignorant?

>> Let us *also* be
>> clear that your name calling does not speak well of you.
>
> Let us be clear that I don't give one good god-damn what you think speaks
> well of me or not.

It is clear - if you cared how you presented yourself you would not lower
yourself to such name calling, dishonesty, and trolling.

I did not say you care that your actions do not speak well of you - I merely
mentioned that they do not.

<SNIP CONTENT = "Ricks' repeated trolling and obfuscation" />

ed

Sep 6, 2005, 8:56:45 PM9/6/05
In news:11hq5lr...@corp.supernews.com,
Elizabot v2.0.2 <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> typed:

> Rick wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:59:48 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>>> As far as doing those -
>>> not only have I done or participated in those, I have done at least
>>> some of those in the last week.
>>

>> Where did you perform triage in the last week? In what
>> circumstances? What were the injuries?
>>
>> Where have you worked on disaster plans? Did you make allowances for
>> moving the population within the city/county while evacuating 10s of
>> thousands of people?
>>
>> Where and when have you helped evacuate people?
>
> It's the beginning of a school year, so Snit probably participated in
> a fire drill last week.

you know, in all seriousness, i bet that's what snit was referring to! =D

Snit

Sep 7, 2005, 12:49:37 AM9/7/05
"ed" <news...@no-atwistedweb-spam.com> stated in post
hVqTe.1359$7D1....@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com on 9/6/05 5:56 PM:

Incorrect. It was no drill - but it certainly was not the evacuation of a
city. There was a fire next to one of the schools where I work and we had
to evacuate. But, as I said, I have been a part of an evacuation in the
past week. I did not say it was the evacuation of a city.

Steve Carroll

Sep 7, 2005, 11:41:30 AM9/7/05
In article <BF43BF71.2D2B4%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "ed" <news...@no-atwistedweb-spam.com> stated in post
> hVqTe.1359$7D1....@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com on 9/6/05 5:56 PM:
>
> > In news:11hq5lr...@corp.supernews.com,

> >> It's the beginning of a school year, so Snit probably participated in
> >> a fire drill last week.
> >
> > you know, in all seriousness, i bet that's what snit was referring to! =D
>
> Incorrect. It was no drill - but it certainly was not the evacuation of a
> city. There was a fire next to one of the schools where I work

Can you believe this guy??

Elizabot v2.0.2

Sep 7, 2005, 8:34:32 PM9/7/05
ed wrote:
> In news:11hq5lr...@corp.supernews.com,
> Elizabot v2.0.2 <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> typed:
>

>>It's the beginning of a school year, so Snit probably participated in

>>a fire drill last week.
>

> you know, in all seriousness, i bet that's what snit was referring to! =D

He has admitted there was a fire in a building next door. Do you think
Snit started it when he was trying to freebase his glue or something?

Steve Carroll

Sep 8, 2005, 9:53:51 AM9/8/05
In article <11hv1ol...@corp.supernews.com>,