Helping each other in CSMA

Snit

Apr 26, 2007, 9:27:53 PM4/26/07
I have been talking about the value of people helping each other in CSMA...
and am happy to give examples where I have been helped (Calvin telling me
about Logitech's webcams, Sandman telling me about a Mac buyer's guide,
etc.) and where I have helped others (teaching Sandman about CSS and
alt-text, teaching Tim Adams that modern personal computers without an OS
are crippled by that lacking, etc.)

There are those that seem to disagree... I want to know why. Why would we
*not* want to help each other in CSMA? We *should* work to learn from one
another... and to not let our pride and any silly trolling get in the way of
that.

If you agree with me then please join me in offering helpful, constructive,
and specific assistance to others... such as the examples I list above.

Thanks!

--
€ OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD)
€ OS X users are at far less risk of malware then are XP users

Alan Baker

Apr 26, 2007, 9:29:08 PM4/26/07
In article <C2569FA9.7E91D%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> I have been talking about the value of people helping each other in CSMA...
> and am happy to give examples where I have been helped (Calvin telling me
> about Logitech's webcams, Sandman telling me about a Mac buyer's guide,
> etc.) and where I have helped others (teaching Sandman about CSS and
> alt-text, teaching Tim Adams that modern personal computers without an OS
> are crippled by that lacking, etc.)
>
> There are those that seem to disagree... I want to know why. Why would we
> *not* want to help each other in CSMA? We *should* work to learn from one
> another... and to not let our pride and any silly trolling get in the way of
> that.
>
> If you agree with me then please join me in offering helpful, constructive,
> and specific assistance to others... such as the examples I list above.
>
> Thanks!

Snit, shut up.

You're not the slightest bit interested in helping anyone. You're
interested in nothing but your own ego.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed

Mayor of R'lyeh

Apr 26, 2007, 9:35:23 PM4/26/07
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 01:29:08 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <C2569FA9.7E91D%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
> Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been talking about the value of people helping each other in CSMA...
>> and am happy to give examples where I have been helped (Calvin telling me
>> about Logitech's webcams, Sandman telling me about a Mac buyer's guide,
>> etc.) and where I have helped others (teaching Sandman about CSS and
>> alt-text, teaching Tim Adams that modern personal computers without an OS
>> are crippled by that lacking, etc.)
>>
>> There are those that seem to disagree... I want to know why. Why would we
>> *not* want to help each other in CSMA? We *should* work to learn from one
>> another... and to not let our pride and any silly trolling get in the way of
>> that.
>>
>> If you agree with me then please join me in offering helpful, constructive,
>> and specific assistance to others... such as the examples I list above.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
>Snit, shut up.
>
>You're not the slightest bit interested in helping anyone. You're
>interested in nothing but your own ego.

Well, that was helpful! 8)
As far as that ego crack goes, how do you like living in that glass
house?

--
"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the
very structure of our government."

Bill Clinton became eligible for reinstatement to the
bar on January 19,2006 after losing his law license
in 2001 for comitting perjury.

Alan Baker

Apr 26, 2007, 9:41:31 PM4/26/07
In article <bok233ls9eccr9nku...@4ax.com>,

LOL

Dr. zara

Apr 26, 2007, 9:56:24 PM4/26/07

"Snit" <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

>I have been talking about the value of people helping each other in CSMA...
> and am happy to give examples where I have been helped (Calvin telling me
> about Logitech's webcams, Sandman telling me about a Mac buyer's guide,
> etc.) and where I have helped others (teaching Sandman about CSS and
> alt-text, teaching Tim Adams that modern personal computers without an OS
> are crippled by that lacking, etc.)
>
> There are those that seem to disagree... I want to know why. Why would we
> *not* want to help each other in CSMA? We *should* work to learn from one
> another... and to not let our pride and any silly trolling get in the way
> of
> that.
>
> If you agree with me then please join me in offering helpful,
> constructive,
> and specific assistance to others... such as the examples I list above.

A worthy objective. Unfortunately - there are too many assholes on this
group. They know who they are. In reality, we all know who they are. But
keep trying - that's one of the reasons I like you. (Jimmy Lee, don't get a
woody, I don't mean it in that way).

Your fan
zara

Snit

Apr 26, 2007, 10:17:18 PM4/26/07
"Dr. zara" <Do...@nutbuster.com> stated in post IJcYh.14452$vD4.6354@bigfe9
on 4/26/07 6:56 PM:

I do keep trying... even when those I help show *no* appreciation and even
lash out based on their embarrassment. Oh well... I still hold out hope for
them. Maybe that is why Carroll has claimed I am a Liberal (when he is not
confusing that with the concept of being a Libertarian).

--
€ It is OK to email yourself files and store them there for a few weeks
€ No legislation supercedes the Constitution (unless it amends it)

Snit

Apr 26, 2007, 10:19:24 PM4/26/07
"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> stated in post
alangbaker-93246...@news.telus.net on 4/26/07 6:29 PM:

> In article <C2569FA9.7E91D%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
> Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been talking about the value of people helping each other in CSMA...
>> and am happy to give examples where I have been helped (Calvin telling me
>> about Logitech's webcams, Sandman telling me about a Mac buyer's guide, etc.)
>> and where I have helped others (teaching Sandman about CSS and alt-text,
>> teaching Tim Adams that modern personal computers without an OS are crippled
>> by that lacking, etc.)
>>
>> There are those that seem to disagree... I want to know why. Why would we
>> *not* want to help each other in CSMA? We *should* work to learn from one
>> another... and to not let our pride and any silly trolling get in the way of
>> that.
>>
>> If you agree with me then please join me in offering helpful, constructive,
>> and specific assistance to others... such as the examples I list above.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> Snit, shut up.
>
> You're not the slightest bit interested in helping anyone. You're interested
> in nothing but your own ego.

If I was interested in my own ego, as you said, why would I list not just
lessons I have taught bet lessons people have taught me. Why not worry more
about yourself and how *you* can help people... in fair, honest, and
honorable ways. That would be a benefit to CSMA.

By the way, didn't you claim I was in your KF? Just wondering.

--
€ There is no known malware that attacks OS X in the wild
€ There are two general types of PCs: Macs and PCs (odd naming conventions!)

Alan Baker

Apr 26, 2007, 11:24:59 PM4/26/07
In article <C256ABBC.7E93C%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

As I stated some time ago, I lost my kill file when MT-Newswatcher
crashed.

Unlike you, I don't lie about stuff.

Snit

Apr 26, 2007, 11:37:28 PM4/26/07
"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> stated in post
alangbaker-E594E...@news.telus.net on 4/26/07 8:24 PM:

Your baseless accusations offer no real help for anyone. If anything they
will merely feed the sickness of some of those who troll me in CSMA. You
have done the exact opposite of what this thread asks of you. Sad.

--
€ Pros aren't beginners in their field (though there are new pros)
€ Similarly configured Macs and Win machines tend to cost roughly the same

Alan Baker

Apr 26, 2007, 11:53:21 PM4/26/07
In article <C256BE08.7E94E%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

You help no one.

You're a dull self-aggrandizing twit.

And you can go back in my killfile until, naturally, you change your
posting name again...

Mayor of R'lyeh

Apr 27, 2007, 12:04:53 AM4/27/07
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 03:53:21 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <C256BE08.7E94E%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,

Are you talking to Snit or yourself? And ultimately is there any
significant difference between you two?

>And you can go back in my killfile until, naturally, you change your
>posting name again...

Maybe he could use 'not me'. I'm not sure why that popped into head.

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 12:04:10 AM4/27/07
"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> stated in post
alangbaker-56236...@news.telus.net on 4/26/07 8:53 PM:

Your BS is not in any way helpful... I can understand why you would not want
to see me pointing out your actions. I hope you grow past that and can
learn to help... and be helped... by others. I wish you well.

--
€ The tilde in an OS X path does *not* mean "the hard drive only"
€ Things which are not the same are not "identical"

Mayor of R'lyeh

Apr 27, 2007, 12:17:58 AM4/27/07
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:04:10 -0700, Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> stated in post

Is there that much help in the world?

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 12:27:57 AM4/27/07
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
hft2339650sa28ud6...@4ax.com on 4/26/07 9:04 PM:

While both of out (online) names have four letters, he also uses a last name
where I do not. Hope that helps! (See, that is what CSMA is all about -
helping each other!)

>> And you can go back in my killfile until, naturally, you change your posting
>> name again...
>>
> Maybe he could use 'not me'. I'm not sure why that popped into head.

Maybe I can use Stave Cerroll... someone with a similar name likes to use
variations of my name... :)

--
€ A partial subset is not synonymous with the whole
€ A person's actions speak more about him than what others say

Alan Baker

Apr 27, 2007, 12:31:16 AM4/27/07
In article <hft2339650sa28ud6...@4ax.com>,

LOL

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 12:40:20 AM4/27/07
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
0bu233ltko2m34ble...@4ax.com on 4/26/07 9:17 PM:

>>> You help no one.
>>>
>>> You're a dull self-aggrandizing twit.
>>>
>>> And you can go back in my killfile until, naturally, you change your posting
>>> name again...
>>
>> Your BS is not in any way helpful... I can understand why you would not want
>> to see me pointing out your actions. I hope you grow past that and can
>> learn to help... and be helped... by others. I wish you well.
>
> Is there that much help in the world?

If I help just .01% with each post, I can help him completely in less than a
week. :)

(yes, I know that will end up in Carroll's sig... he simply does not
recognize humor).

Sandman

Apr 27, 2007, 2:41:32 AM4/27/07

> > Snit, shut up.
> >
> > You're not the slightest bit interested in helping anyone. You're interested
> > in nothing but your own ego.
>
> If I was interested in my own ego, as you said, why would I list not just
> lessons I have taught bet lessons people have taught me. Why not worry more
> about yourself and how *you* can help people... in fair, honest, and
> honorable ways. That would be a benefit to CSMA.
>
> By the way, didn't you claim I was in your KF? Just wondering.

Maybe he has emailed you privately and told you that the reason you
were in his killfile is because you are honest and honorable, but you
"challenge trolls"?

If not him, who did that?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Apr 27, 2007, 2:42:02 AM4/27/07

> >> By the way, didn't you claim I was in your KF? Just wondering.
> >>
> > As I stated some time ago, I lost my kill file when MT-Newswatcher crashed.
> >
> > Unlike you, I don't lie about stuff.
>
> Your baseless accusations offer no real help for anyone.

But it does show you what people in csma thinks of you...

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 2:45:24 AM4/27/07
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-DC4BD4.08...@News.Individual.NET on 4/26/07 11:41 PM:

Why would you think he did that? What are you babbling about?

--
€ Nuclear arms are arms
€ OS X's Command+Scroll wheel function does not exist in default XP

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 2:45:58 AM4/27/07
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-9F0C47.08...@News.Individual.NET on 4/26/07 11:42 PM:

Please answer a couple of simple questions.

1) Do you deny the WayBackMachine holds an archive of many, many
examples of your sandman,net homepage code failing to validate
and not a single one where it does? Remember, Sandman, I proved
that I am right on this:
<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/sandman/sandman-html-detail.pdf>
<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/sandman/sandman-css-detail.pdf>

You lied and claimed those PDFs were forged, but the data is still available
for all to see - the data is directly from the validation services and the
WayBackMachine.

2) Do you deny that your alt-text was such silly and useless things as
"space" and "left" and "right"? Remember, Sandman, the WayBackMachine
still shows what it was in the past... easy for anyone to double check
my claim.

You claimed I lied. I claimed you lied. The Google archive, the
WayBackMachine, and the w3.org validation services are all on my side. What
evidence do you have?

Sandman

Apr 27, 2007, 3:35:33 AM4/27/07
In article <C256EA14.7E99E%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,

> >> If I was interested in my own ego, as you said, why would I list not just
> >> lessons I have taught bet lessons people have taught me. Why not worry
> >> more
> >> about yourself and how *you* can help people... in fair, honest, and
> >> honorable ways. That would be a benefit to CSMA.
> >>
> >> By the way, didn't you claim I was in your KF? Just wondering.
> >
> > Maybe he has emailed you privately and told you that the reason you
> > were in his killfile is because you are honest and honorable, but you
> > "challenge trolls"?
> >
> > If not him, who did that?
>
> Why would you think he did that?

You have told me people killfile you and then email you privately and
tell you they killfiled you because you "challenged trolls".

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 3:40:01 AM4/27/07
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-0488B0.09...@News.Individual.NET on 4/27/07 12:35 AM:

Please quote where you think I told you this. When you fail go take a
reading comprehension course. Thanks!

--
€ Teaching is a "real job"
€ The path "~/users/username/library/widget" is not common on any OS

Sandman

Apr 27, 2007, 4:06:36 AM4/27/07
In article <C256EA36.7E99F%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,

> >> Your baseless accusations offer no real help for anyone.
> >
> > But it does show you what people in csma thinks of you...
> >
> Please answer a couple of simple questions.

Only if they are in relation the issue of people killfiling you, which
is what I am talking about. if you want to drag up old issues, or even
new unrelated ones, I will ignore them since they constitute the Snit
Circus.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Apr 27, 2007, 4:12:40 AM4/27/07
In article <C256F6E1.7E9BB%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> > You have told me people killfile you and then email you privately and
> > tell you they killfiled you because you "challenged trolls".
>
> Please quote where you think I told you this.

No can do. I can only quote you where you did say that, not where I
merely "think" you said that. Sorry.

--
Sandman[.net]

Tim Adams

Apr 27, 2007, 4:41:40 AM4/27/07
In article <mr-0488B0.09...@News.Individual.NET>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

if asked, I'm sure snit can supply several forged pdf files to back up his claim
too.

--
regarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting

Sandman

Apr 27, 2007, 4:45:33 AM4/27/07
In article
<teadams$2$0$0$3-AC9BF4.04...@news.west.earthlink.net>,
Tim Adams <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > You have told me people killfile you and then email you privately and
> > tell you they killfiled you because you "challenged trolls".
>
> if asked, I'm sure snit can supply several forged pdf files to back up his
> claim
> too.

I have received numerous private emails that say they have already
received lots of forged PDF's from Snit :-D

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 12:09:47 PM4/27/07
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-C7855B.10...@News.Individual.NET on 4/27/07 1:12 AM:

> In article <C256F6E1.7E9BB%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
> Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>>> You have told me people killfile you and then email you privately and
>>> tell you they killfiled you because you "challenged trolls".
>>
>> Please quote where you think I told you this.
>
> No can do.

Fine. So you lied when you said I told you that. OK. Fair enough.

> I can only quote you where you did say that, not where I
> merely "think" you said that. Sorry.

Then do so, Sandman... at least try.

Sandman runs in 3... 2... 1...

MuahMan

Apr 27, 2007, 12:08:36 PM4/27/07

"Snit" <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
>I have been talking about the value of people helping each other in CSMA...
> and am happy to give examples where I have been helped (Calvin telling me
> about Logitech's webcams, Sandman telling me about a Mac buyer's guide,
> etc.) and where I have helped others (teaching Sandman about CSS and
> alt-text, teaching Tim Adams that modern personal computers without an OS
> are crippled by that lacking, etc.)
>
> There are those that seem to disagree... I want to know why. Why would we
> *not* want to help each other in CSMA? We *should* work to learn from one
> another... and to not let our pride and any silly trolling get in the way
> of
> that.
>
> If you agree with me then please join me in offering helpful,
> constructive,
> and specific assistance to others... such as the examples I list above.
>
> Thanks!

Any visits from the federal authorities yet pyscho boy?

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 12:20:24 PM4/27/07
"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> stated in post
LvCdnfuhiZTjva_b...@adelphia.com on 4/27/07 9:08 AM:

If you were trying to be helpful you failed.

Sandman

Apr 27, 2007, 1:13:55 PM4/27/07
In article <C2576E5B.7E9F8%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,

>>> Please quote where you think I told you this.
>>

>> No can do. I can only quote you where you did say that, not where I

>> merely "think" you said that. Sorry.
>
> Then do so, Sandman

Only after you have answered my questions.

--
Sandman[.net]

John

Apr 27, 2007, 3:19:19 PM4/27/07
Alan Baker wrote:
> In article <C2569FA9.7E91D%CS...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
> Snit <CS...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been talking about the value of people helping each other in CSMA...
>> and am happy to give examples where I have been helped (Calvin telling me
>> about Logitech's webcams, Sandman telling me about a Mac buyer's guide,
>> etc.) and where I have helped others (teaching Sandman about CSS and
>> alt-text, teaching Tim Adams that modern personal computers without an OS
>> are crippled by that lacking, etc.)
>>
>> There are those that seem to disagree... I want to know why. Why would we
>> *not* want to help each other in CSMA? We *should* work to learn from one
>> another... and to not let our pride and any silly trolling get in the way of
>> that.
>>
>> If you agree with me then please join me in offering helpful, constructive,
>> and specific assistance to others... such as the examples I list above.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Snit, shut up.
>
> You're not the slightest bit interested in helping anyone. You're
> interested in nothing but your own ego.

And you Alan are interested in nothing except starting yet another of
your infamous "round and round" trolls.

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 3:20:45 PM4/27/07
"John" <nos...@nospam.com> stated in post
uN6dnVTxP-Ct0a_b...@netlojix.com on 4/27/07 12:19 PM:

Funny how people whine when I post something even as innocuous as the above!
Notice how I talk about examples of people helping me, even how *Sandman*
pointed me to a worthwhile site... and yet Alan insists this is just to
benefit my ego. Yeah, what an ego boost to talk about how I have learned
from someone like Sandman... with all his flaws.

Did Alan think about what he wrote at all?

--
€ Different version numbers refer to different versions
€ Macs are Macs and Apple is still making and selling Macs

John

Apr 27, 2007, 5:08:23 PM4/27/07

Alan Baker is a low IQ troll who gets his "ego boost" by trolling
others. Just sick.

Alan Baker

Apr 27, 2007, 5:11:00 PM4/27/07
In article <58KdnXFZCfNc-K_b...@netlojix.com>,
John <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

LOL

John: what have I told you about talking with the adults?

Now go back to your Fischer-Price.

Snit

Apr 27, 2007, 6:01:10 PM4/27/07
"John" <nos...@nospam.com> stated in post
58KdnXFZCfNc-K_b...@netlojix.com on 4/27/07 2:08 PM:

He does seem to be in the same group as Sandman...

willbilly

Apr 28, 2007, 4:47:45 AM4/28/07
. . . that's it - just get up and walk away from it. Shut it down if
you need to. But just get away from the addiction of hours in front of
the computer screen. Walk away, take a vacation without a laptop,
forget about the digital world and remember, if you are old enough, the
days before personal computers, when that box was still just a dream in
the minds of those who only cared about making a lot of money for
themselves, corporations and stockholders who don't give a hoot about
anyone - even themselves but they don't realize it. In the fifties, the
American consumer was sold a dream that a world of technology would make
life easier for us all - shortening our working hours and leading to a
life of leisure. Well, the reality is just the opposite and those who
were selling the dream are the profiteers who are pushing globalism
because it maximizes profits for a few. While you're away from your
computer, think about the dumbing down of the world population, think
about how the US coming apart at the seams is part of the plan and think
about what's really important in life - your soul, your spirit,
meaningful relationships with others that include lots of laughter,
service, kindness, concern for the well-being and feelings of others and
love - just to name a few. Think about how the greedy race for money,
power, sex, material goods - keeps us from focusing on what is really
important. Think about how government will not solve our problems but
continue to create problems for the majority of people. It doesn't
matter what party you vote for - unless a candidate is truly
independent, representing the truth and the values of simple, kind,
loving people rather than the decadent values of greed and corruption.
Most politicians are elected because they say what people want to hear
and when they get in office they do what they are told by the people who
own them - special interests. Get away from it all and seek your
independence from tyranny. The current administration in the US appears
to be corrupt and leading us toward fascism. The next democratic
administration could be just as bad, leading us into socialism. Vote
independent. Think about how the US is dividing itself into groups at
war with each other and how that is manipulated and controlled by the
power brokers and the media. Male vs female, black vs white, hispanic
vs white or black, rich vs poor, etc. If they can keep us fighting
amongst ourselves, fighting for that piece of the pie, working harder
and longer for them - they can keep us from seeing what is really going
on and what it really important. I'm shutting the machine down soon,
checking my email once a week or maybe even less, spending more time
with real people, instead of selling on eBay I'm going to an outdoor
flea market = hey it's time to get real!