Maccies aren't fanatical?

Josh McKee

May 24, 2006, 8:34:25 PM5/24/06
"My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
fear of recognition and reprisal."

Josh

zara

May 24, 2006, 8:59:10 PM5/24/06

"Josh McKee" <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote in message

In the mac world - you are supposed to let Apple shit on your head, and then
thank them.

MuahMan

May 24, 2006, 9:33:33 PM5/24/06

"Josh McKee" <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote in message

The Mac Jihad are a dangerous violent bunch. I wonder at what
point they see Apple Computer Company as a living breathing deity?
Maybe they just watch too much Star Trek and have become like The Borg....
Any attack on Apple is an attack on the collective. Scary stuff, this Mac
Fanaticism!

Tim Crowley

May 24, 2006, 10:06:45 PM5/24/06

Now that's your style of troll. Well played. Hat's off to you, josh.

George Graves

May 25, 2006, 12:14:31 AM5/25/06
In article <JtidnaENBaLwlOjZ...@adelphia.com>,
"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It would be even scarier if it actually existed in the form you Win-bots
like to imagine. Unfortunately, for you, it doesn't.

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men

GreyCloud

May 25, 2006, 12:42:30 AM5/25/06
Josh McKee wrote:

> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> fear of recognition and reprisal."

That's what happens when you sell dope, dopey.

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?

Steve Carroll

May 25, 2006, 12:43:42 AM5/25/06
In article <jtmckee-A7A6B0...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote:

A "Maccie" is a person who gets bent out of shape hearing stories of
scratched iPod Nano's? Hmmm... never heard that definition before.

--
Not only do I lie about what others are claiming, I show evidence from the
 records. - Snif

Snit

May 25, 2006, 1:16:46 AM5/25/06
"GreyCloud" <mi...@cumulus.com> stated in post
BbudnXIJi6QiqOjZ...@bresnan.com on 5/24/06 9:42 PM:

> Josh McKee wrote:
>
>> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
>> fear of recognition and reprisal."
>>

> That's what happens when you sell dope, dopey.

Finally! An area where you actually have some expertise! Much better than
your claims about Hillary Clinton, global warming, and all the other topics
you spew nonsense about.

--
€ As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
€ If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")

Sandman

May 25, 2006, 4:21:22 AM5/25/06

Define "Maccie".

--
Sandman[.net]

Alan Baker

May 25, 2006, 4:22:31 AM5/25/06

Funny. That text appears nowhere in the article to which you've provided
a link...

More of that fabled McKee integrity, I guess.

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 25, 2006, 4:41:02 AM5/25/06
On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:22:31 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

Maybe someday someone will show you how to follow links embedded in a
story.

--
"We believe Internet Explorer is a really good browser.
Internet Explorer is my browser of choice."

Steve Jobs

Alan Baker

May 25, 2006, 4:43:02 AM5/25/06
In article <obra7256ovhkfl8p7...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:22:31 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >In article <jtmckee-A7A6B0...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
> > Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote:
> >
> >> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> >> fear of recognition and reprisal."
> >>
> >> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060524-6908.html
> >>
> >> Josh
> >
> >Funny. That text appears nowhere in the article to which you've provided
> >a link...
> >
> >More of that fabled McKee integrity, I guess.
>
> Maybe someday someone will show you how to follow links embedded in a
> story.

Maybe McKee should post more relevant links in the first place.

zara

May 25, 2006, 7:41:33 AM5/25/06

"Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Nobody cares what you think, Nigger. Except maybe George the Nigger.

NashtOn

May 25, 2006, 8:39:22 AM5/25/06

Perhaps you ought to be more careful with your accusations of lack of
integrity from people who don't share your religious beliefs.

--
Nicolas

Edwin

May 25, 2006, 10:47:44 AM5/25/06

George Graves wrote:
> In article <JtidnaENBaLwlOjZ...@adelphia.com>,
> "MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Josh McKee" <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote in message
> > > "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> > > fear of recognition and reprisal."
> > >
> > > http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060524-6908.html
> > >
> > > Josh
> >
> > The Mac Jihad are a dangerous violent bunch. I wonder at what
> > point they see Apple Computer Company as a living breathing deity?
> > Maybe they just watch too much Star Trek and have become like The Borg....
> > Any attack on Apple is an attack on the collective. Scary stuff, this Mac
> > Fanaticism!
>
> It would be even scarier if it actually existed in the form you Win-bots
> like to imagine. Unfortunately, for you, it doesn't.

"My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
fear of recognition and reprisal."

I think everyone can see why George is so rarely accused of being an
honest man. ;-)

Edwin

May 25, 2006, 11:44:40 AM5/25/06

Why don't you just apologize to Josh?

After all, the bottom line is...

... you are wrong...

... Again! <G>

Alan Baker

May 25, 2006, 12:14:09 PM5/25/06
In article <1148571880.6...@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

Because I'm not wrong. It's not my job to interpret his posts.

Alan Baker

May 25, 2006, 12:14:37 PM5/25/06
In article <_zhdg.12742$A26.3...@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>,
NashtOn <na...@na.ca> wrote:

LOL

I have no religious beliefs, Nicolas.

Message has been deleted

fibercut

May 25, 2006, 1:05:25 PM5/25/06

Edwin your trolling skills at snipping is slipping. If you read his
open letter (http://jasontomczak.com/) he placing the blame on a lawyer
firm for falsely using his name in the suit resulting in threats. Zara
hand others here routinely threaten my life (and all other minorities)
with their racist spews on this board. If you don't think their racist
writings here don't threaten anyone then you need to take a long hard
look at yourself in the mirror. I expect people like yourself and mayor
to be repulsed by their writings that you take up a stand against this.

Tim Crowley

May 25, 2006, 1:07:37 PM5/25/06

But he wasn't wrong. As he said the text does not appear on the link
Josh provided.

> ... Again! <G>

again and again and again.

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 25, 2006, 1:15:22 PM5/25/06
On 25 May 2006 08:44:40 -0700, "Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> chose to

bless us with the following wisdom:

>Alan Baker wrote:
>> In article <obra7256ovhkfl8p7...@4ax.com>,
>> Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:22:31 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
>> > chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>> > Maybe someday someone will show you how to follow links embedded in a
>> > story.
>>
>> Maybe McKee should post more relevant links in the first place.
>
>Why don't you just apologize to Josh?
>
>After all, the bottom line is...
>
>... you are wrong...
>
>... Again! <G>

Alan's made it perfectly clear over the years that he lacks the
integrity and the courage to admit when he's wrong.

zara

May 25, 2006, 1:17:28 PM5/25/06

"fibercut" <fibe...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Why don't You, explain how I, "threaten" your life? Show me where I have
been "racist". You won't, because you can't.

MuahMan

May 25, 2006, 1:19:03 PM5/25/06

"Tom Bates" <t...@offthehk.lk> wrote in message
> In article
> <gmgraves-30B919...@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,

> George Graves <gmgr...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <JtidnaENBaLwlOjZ...@adelphia.com>,
>> "MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > "Josh McKee" <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote in message

>> > The Mac Jihad are a dangerous violent bunch. I wonder at what
>> > point they see Apple Computer Company as a living breathing deity?
>> > Maybe they just watch too much Star Trek and have become like The
>> > Borg....
>> > Any attack on Apple is an attack on the collective. Scary stuff, this
>> > Mac
>> > Fanaticism!
>>
>> It would be even scarier if it actually existed in the form you Win-bots
>> like to imagine. Unfortunately, for you, it doesn't.
>
> George it' only pratt-fall. He's hit his widdle head long ago with all
> these falls he's taken and consequently has a distorted reality that
> govern's his life.
> --
> Best,
> Tom (the real one)

MuahMan

May 25, 2006, 1:20:42 PM5/25/06

"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> wrote in message

Yeah you do. You're just too stupid to see that you worship Apple. This is a
common problem with religons that brainwash their followers.

MuahMan

May 25, 2006, 1:22:10 PM5/25/06

"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote in message

His lack of admission certainly doesn't make his constant mistakes any less
evident.

fibercut

May 25, 2006, 1:35:50 PM5/25/06

I call bullshit. Your hatred toward minorities by using bigotry
writing has spurred others on this board out. That is a classic racist
that likes to hide in the closet. I dare you troll to go to any
American city and shout out your written racist statements. I bet you
would last more that 5 minutes.

Edwin

May 25, 2006, 2:09:37 PM5/25/06

Alan Baker wrote:
> In article <1148571880.6...@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> "Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> wrote:
>
> > Alan Baker wrote:

> > > Maybe McKee should post more relevant links in the first place.
> >
> > Why don't you just apologize to Josh?
>
> Because I'm not wrong.

Sure you are. And you still owe Josh an apology.

> It's not my job to interpret his posts.

Reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your 'job" either. It
appears you specialize in misinterpreting posts and in libel.

Edwin

May 25, 2006, 2:18:41 PM5/25/06

fibercut wrote:
> On 2006-05-25 10:47:44 -0400, "Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> said:
>

> > George Graves wrote:

> >> It would be even scarier if it actually existed in the form you Win-bots
> >> like to imagine. Unfortunately, for you, it doesn't.
> >
> > "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> > fear of recognition and reprisal."
> >
> > I think everyone can see why George is so rarely accused of being an
> > honest man. ;-)
>
> Edwin your trolling skills at snipping is slipping.

I didn't snip anything.

> If you read his
> open letter (http://jasontomczak.com/) he placing the blame on a lawyer
> firm for falsely using his name in the suit resulting in threats.

I read the letter. Nothing he has to say about lawyers or lawsuits
justify the attacks and threats he's received from Mac Fanatics.

> Zara
> hand others here routinely threaten my life (and all other minorities)
> with their racist spews on this board. If you don't think their racist
> writings here don't threaten anyone then you need to take a long hard
> look at yourself in the mirror. I expect people like yourself and mayor
> to be repulsed by their writings that you take up a stand against this.

What gives you the right to complain about Zara when you seek to
justify the same behavior in Mac Fanatics?

Edwin

May 25, 2006, 2:26:59 PM5/25/06

Yes it does. The link to it is on the page Josh referenced.

> > ... Again! <G>
>
> again and again and again.

Yep, Alan is wrong, again and again and again.

zara

May 25, 2006, 2:55:23 PM5/25/06

"fibercut" <fibe...@nospam.com> wrote in message

I don't think so - I specifically asked you to show me where I wrote
anything racist. You cannot. So who the fuck do you think you're kidding?
Just because an asshole like you shouts out that I, am a "racist" does not
make it so. SHOW ME, ASSHOLE. You can't.
PS: show me also how I am "threatening" your life. You can't, asshole.

zara

May 25, 2006, 2:59:40 PM5/25/06

"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

My wife and I are afraid to go to the inner city for fear of being robbed or
mugged or worse. Thank God I live in the Great State of Florida and can
carry a BFG. They let us shoot to kill, no questions asked.

Tim Crowley

May 25, 2006, 3:28:13 PM5/25/06

zara wrote:

> I don't think so - I specifically asked you to show me where I wrote
> anything racist.

You have been shouting terms like Nigger and Kook for days now. Of
course you're a filthy racist.

zara

May 25, 2006, 3:41:50 PM5/25/06

"Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

But Dim, I mean Nigger, I only call you that. What is Kook? I never used
that expression.

Alan Baker

May 25, 2006, 4:03:19 PM5/25/06
In article <1148580577....@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

Sorry, but I read his link. Was I required to check out *all* the links
on that page to find the one he got the text from? Is that reasonable?

> > > After all, the bottom line is...
> > >
> > > ... you are wrong...
> > >
> > > ... Again! <G>

I love how angry my little quote has made you over the years. <g>

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 25, 2006, 4:09:38 PM5/25/06
On 25 May 2006 12:28:13 -0700, "Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

I wasn't aware that 'kook' was a race. But then again the left is
pushing the idiotic idea that 'Spanish speaker' is a race now so maybe
that comes from the same bucket of moronity.

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 25, 2006, 4:11:57 PM5/25/06
On Thu, 25 May 2006 20:03:19 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>

Future quote from Alan: "Someone told me that a certain quote was in
this book. I read the Table of Contents and the quote wasn't there.
Clearly they were lying."
Look for that from him any day now! 8)

>I love how angry my little quote has made you over the years. <g>

Tim Crowley

May 25, 2006, 4:35:50 PM5/25/06

You are a racist, a liar and a total fool.

Alan Baker

May 25, 2006, 4:38:05 PM5/25/06
In article <jo3c725tgqij9kp0p...@4ax.com>,

A webpage is a table of contents, is it?

Steve Carroll

May 25, 2006, 5:09:13 PM5/25/06
In article <1148576857.4...@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

More importantly, where is the proof that the guy was being threatened
by Mac users? Does the guy even make that claim? Or is everyone assuming
that because the unsubstantiated claims in the letter were sent to the
"Mac community"?

--
Not only do I lie about what others are claiming, I show evidence from the
 records. - Snif
Even in the U.S., even in a court room, a lack of proof is not a
refutation. - Snif
I seriously wanted to be carted away. I need help. I now see that. - Snif

Edwin

May 25, 2006, 5:12:21 PM5/25/06

*All* the links? There was a total of TWO links in that story, one
of which was ""Open Letter to the Mac Community." It was in the
opening paragraph, to boot.

Your feeble efforts to defend your ego are just making you look like
more of a moron than your accusations against Josh's integrity did.
You've gone out of your way to prove it is *you* whom lacks
"integrity."

> I love how angry my little quote has made you over the years. <g>

You're wrong... Again! <G>

Edwin

May 25, 2006, 5:16:27 PM5/25/06

You'll have to contact the author for that.

> Does the guy even make that claim?

"Google results for my name skyrocketed. I began getting hate mail from
people upset about the iPod Nano suit. I had to take my website down
and remove legitimate references to my name on numerous web services.

My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
fear of recognition and reprisal."

> Or is everyone assuming

> that because the unsubstantiated claims in the letter were sent to the
> "Mac community"?

Nope.

zara

May 25, 2006, 5:22:26 PM5/25/06

"Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I don't think so, Nigger. You can't show proof on any of the above.

Steve Carroll

May 25, 2006, 5:36:35 PM5/25/06
In article <1148591787.7...@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

Then I'll have to call foul here on Josh. Unless he contacted the author
and can show such evidence he had no right to entitle the thread the way
he did. Realistically, there is no proof this guy ever was threatened...
by anyone... just his word. This guy could be setting up a countersuit
with this lawyer claiming he was harassed due to the lawyer's actions.
He could be having people send him anonymous 'threats' from school or
library accounts or whatever. Until we know more this is all pure
speculation and gun jumping.

> > Does the guy even make that claim?
>
> "Google results for my name skyrocketed. I began getting hate mail from
> people upset about the iPod Nano suit. I had to take my website down
> and remove legitimate references to my name on numerous web services.
> My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> fear of recognition and reprisal."

Nothing in there about Mac users... just a guy claiming people are upset
with him about the Nano suit. Furthermore, providing the guy is on the
level and there were threats, it could be Nano owners who made them...
which are not necessarily Mac users.

> > Or is everyone assuming
> > that because the unsubstantiated claims in the letter were sent to the
> > "Mac community"?
>
> Nope.

Considering that you just admitted there is no evidence here yet, how do
you figure there is no assumption going on?

Steve Carroll

May 25, 2006, 5:38:16 PM5/25/06
In article <el3c72l5edgl3tth7...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 May 2006 12:28:13 -0700, "Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>

> >zara wrote:
> >

> >> I don't think so - I specifically asked you to show me where I wrote
> >> anything racist.
> >
> >You have been shouting terms like Nigger and Kook for days now. Of
> >course you're a filthy racist.
>
> I wasn't aware that 'kook' was a race. But then again the left is
> pushing the idiotic idea that 'Spanish speaker' is a race now so maybe
> that comes from the same bucket of moronity.

Hillbillies aren't really a "race", either.

Josh McKee

May 25, 2006, 6:21:04 PM5/25/06
In article <noone-DD169B....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net> wrote:

This isn't about Josh or how he titled a thread. Nor is it about which
link Josh provided in the post. Those are a couple of attempt to deflect
the discussion away from Maccies who are so fanatical that they've
scared the primary complainant in a lawsuit into withdrawing from said
lawsuit.

Josh

Steve Carroll

May 25, 2006, 7:05:32 PM5/25/06
In article <jtmckee-B89E9E...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote:

Actually, it is. You appear to have titled a thread like you have based
on nothing but the word of a guy involved in a lawsuit he claims he
didn't want to get involved in. Not exactly what I call compelling.
You're certainly free to believe whatever you like Josh, but if it
appears with no evidence and your goal is to convince others of it, you
should expect to be called on it.

> Nor is it about which
> link Josh provided in the post. Those are a couple of attempt to deflect
> the discussion away from Maccies who are so fanatical that they've
> scared the primary complainant in a lawsuit into withdrawing from said
> lawsuit.

And the evidence that this ever occurred is...? See your problem here?

Josh McKee

May 25, 2006, 7:28:38 PM5/25/06
In article <noone-065455....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net> wrote:

Actually, it's not. No matter how much you'd like to obfuscate otherwise.

> You appear to have titled a thread like you have based on nothing but the
> word of a guy involved in a lawsuit he claims he didn't want to get involved
> in.

He's one of your own. Therefore he has to be telling the truth.

Josh

Steve Carroll

May 25, 2006, 7:50:42 PM5/25/06
In article <jtmckee-680247...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote:

So far, lacking any evidence, this thread says more about you than it
does about any "Maccie" (whatever that is).

> > You appear to have titled a thread like you have based on nothing but the
> > word of a guy involved in a lawsuit he claims he didn't want to get
> > involved
> > in.
>
> He's one of your own. Therefore he has to be telling the truth.

That's not proof, Josh. There are reasons why people do weird things
when they are involved with lawyers and lawsuits. We have no idea what
his real motives are here. He may be telling the truth about threats,
but even accepting that, there is no proof that the threats are from Mac
users. They could be people posing as Mac users. They could even be
plants that he is using to preserve a portion of his countersuit. They
could be Nano owners who feel he is lying and Apple is being targeting
unfairly. Are Nano users only Mac users? Apparently, you don't see how
many holes your position has here. It's all conjecture at this point.

Steve Carroll

May 25, 2006, 7:55:45 PM5/25/06
In article <jo3c725tgqij9kp0p...@4ax.com>,

Future quote from Mayor:
--
Someone showed me a page where a guy was involved in a lawsuit and
claimed he was being threatened, (though, he didn't specify by whom). I

Oh wait, I know the reason! It's because the title of the thread was:

"Maccies aren't fanatical?"
--

Look for that any day now from Mayor! 8)

Josh McKee

May 25, 2006, 8:38:14 PM5/25/06
In article <noone-934671....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net> wrote:

I saw an news story on Steve Jobs on this evenings news. During that
story the news crew interviewed the crowd outside the new Apple store in
NY. One of those people said that Maccies are fanatics (exact word
used). But if you want proof all one has to do is read the Maccies posts
here in this group.

Josh

Belphegor

May 25, 2006, 8:45:39 PM5/25/06

what a load of garbage. You don't give a shit what anyone calls you and
your indignant stance is just totally fake.

You want to be 'cOOl', a troll, a geek, a techie all at the same time.

We love you for it, but nobody has any respect for what you say, so I
guess... if you spend hours sending out a few hundred messages to a
newsgroup that was only created to keep the freaks away from other
newsgroups and you still are just a freak...

at least I am a freak, but I only spend a tenth of the time you spend
on here to prove it :)

looooooosaaaaa

Tim Murray

May 25, 2006, 10:04:34 PM5/25/06
On May 25, 2006, Alan Baker wrote:
>>> Funny. That text appears nowhere in the article to which you've provided
>>> a link...
>>>
>>> More of that fabled McKee integrity, I guess.
>>
>> Maybe someday someone will show you how to follow links embedded in a
>> story.
>
> Maybe McKee should post more relevant links in the first place.

Perhaps you thought this was a Tom Elam post, who places headlines in his
personal blender.

Tim Murray

May 25, 2006, 10:09:28 PM5/25/06
On May 24, 2006, Josh McKee wrote:
> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> fear of recognition and reprisal."
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060524-6908.html
>
> Josh

This guy is just setting himself up for the suit against the attorneys. If he
were doing this racial stuff of some in this group, I could see it.

I know for a fact that the fellow and his fiancee have no problem at all
leaving the house, because I'm following them right now into the cineplex...

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 25, 2006, 11:27:37 PM5/25/06
On Thu, 25 May 2006 15:38:16 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <el3c72l5edgl3tth7...@4ax.com>,
> Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25 May 2006 12:28:13 -0700, "Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com>
>> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>> >You have been shouting terms like Nigger and Kook for days now. Of
>> >course you're a filthy racist.
>>
>> I wasn't aware that 'kook' was a race. But then again the left is
>> pushing the idiotic idea that 'Spanish speaker' is a race now so maybe
>> that comes from the same bucket of moronity.
>
>Hillbillies aren't really a "race", either.

Its a slur used to designate white people much like nigger is a slur
used against black people.

Tim Crowley

May 26, 2006, 12:52:37 AM5/26/06

zara wrote:
> "Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > zara wrote:
> >> "Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> But Dim, I mean Nigger, I only call you that. What is Kook? I never
> >> used
> >> that expression.
> >
> > You are a racist, a liar and a total fool.
>

> I don't think so, Nigger. You can't show proof on any of the above.

I don't need to, child. You provide all the proof needed.

Elizabot v2.0.3

May 26, 2006, 1:13:38 AM5/26/06
Josh McKee wrote:
> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> fear of recognition and reprisal."
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060524-6908.html
>
> Josh

http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/746.html

Sandman

May 26, 2006, 4:38:17 AM5/26/06
In article <pbtc72hr9afgaolnn...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2006 15:38:16 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >In article <el3c72l5edgl3tth7...@4ax.com>,
> > Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On 25 May 2006 12:28:13 -0700, "Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com>
> >> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

> >> I wasn't aware that 'kook' was a race. But then again the left is
> >> pushing the idiotic idea that 'Spanish speaker' is a race now so maybe
> >> that comes from the same bucket of moronity.
> >
> >Hillbillies aren't really a "race", either.
>
> Its a slur used to designate white people much like nigger is a slur
> used against black people.

Incorrect.

--
Sandman[.net]

fibercut

May 26, 2006, 6:55:19 AM5/26/06
On 2006-05-25 14:55:23 -0400, "zara" <zsp...@aol.com> said:

> "fibercut" <fibe...@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> On 2006-05-25 13:17:28 -0400, "zara" <zsp...@aol.com> said:
>>

>>> "fibercut" <fibe...@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> Why don't You, explain how I, "threaten" your life? Show me where I
>>> have been "racist". You won't, because you can't.
>>
>> I call bullshit. Your hatred toward minorities by using bigotry
>> writing has spurred others on this board out. That is a classic racist
>> that likes to hide in the closet. I dare you troll to go to any
>> American city and shout out your written racist statements. I bet you
>> would last more that 5 minutes.
>

> I don't think so - I specifically asked you to show me where I wrote

> anything racist. You cannot. So who the fuck do you think you're
> kidding? Just because an asshole like you shouts out that I, am a
> "racist" does not make it so. SHOW ME, ASSHOLE. You can't.
> PS: show me also how I am "threatening" your life. You can't, asshole.

Let me count how many times you have taken race of people and made a
hatred slur against them! You have no right to use the word! It is
people like you that have discriminated against my family because my
mother happen to have "dark" skin (Native American). We even had a
cross burt on my Uncles lawn! So people like you that hide their white
robes in the closet.

fibercut

May 26, 2006, 6:59:48 AM5/26/06
On 2006-05-25 14:18:41 -0400, "Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> said:

> fibercut wrote:

>>> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
>>> fear of recognition and reprisal."
>>>
>>> I think everyone can see why George is so rarely accused of being an
>>> honest man. ;-)
>>
>> Edwin your trolling skills at snipping is slipping.
>

> I didn't snip anything.

>> If you read his
>> open letter (http://jasontomczak.com/) he placing the blame on a lawyer
>> firm for falsely using his name in the suit resulting in threats.
>

> I read the letter. Nothing he has to say about lawyers or lawsuits
> justify the attacks and threats he's received from Mac Fanatics.

Let post a quote from the letter:

"No Documentation
At no time did David P. Meyer & Associates or Hagens
Berman Sobol Shapiro ever receive any attorney-client agreement form
from me. On their own time and based on their own schedules and plans,
they prepared the paperwork and filed the iPod Nano Class Action suit
in California using my name as Lead Plaintiff, however this was done
without my knowledge or consent."

>> Zara
>> hand others here routinely threaten my life (and all other minorities)
>> with their racist spews on this board. If you don't think their racist
>> writings here don't threaten anyone then you need to take a long hard
>> look at yourself in the mirror. I expect people like yourself and mayor
>> to be repulsed by their writings that you take up a stand against this.
>

> What gives you the right to complain about Zara when you seek to
> justify the same behavior in Mac Fanatics?

fibercut

May 26, 2006, 7:01:45 AM5/26/06
On 2006-05-25 07:41:33 -0400, "zara" <zsp...@aol.com> said:

> "Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Josh McKee wrote:
>>> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
>>> fear of recognition and reprisal."
>>>
>>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060524-6908.html
>>

>> Now that's your style of troll. Well played. Hat's off to you, josh.
>
> Nobody cares what you think, Nigger. Except maybe George the Nigger.

Proof is right there!

fibercut

May 26, 2006, 7:05:38 AM5/26/06
On 2006-05-25 14:09:37 -0400, "Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> said:

> Alan Baker wrote:
>> In article <1148571880.6...@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Why don't you just apologize to Josh?
>>

>> Because I'm not wrong.
>
> Sure you are. And you still owe Josh an apology.
>
>> It's not my job to interpret his posts.
>
> Reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your 'job" either. It
> appears you specialize in misinterpreting posts and in libel.

Quote from the letter that Edwin can't seem to read"

"No Documentation
At no time did David P. Meyer & Associates or Hagens
Berman Sobol Shapiro ever receive any attorney-client agreement form
from me. On their own time and based on their own schedules and plans,
they prepared the paperwork and filed the iPod Nano Class Action suit
in California using my name as Lead Plaintiff, however this was done
without my knowledge or consent."

Edwin quote "Nothing he has to say about lawyers or lawsuits ...."

>>> After all, the bottom line is...
>>>
>>> ... you are wrong...
>>>

>>> ... Again! <G>

Lars Träger

May 26, 2006, 9:30:45 AM5/26/06
Edwin <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> fear of recognition and reprisal."

"... both by people who don't like fraudulent lawsuits and by those who
hate everybody who buys any Apple products. Especially that edwin
character was creepy. Not to mention those idiots who also hate me
because I'm an Afro-American."
--
Lars T.

Lars Träger

May 26, 2006, 9:30:45 AM5/26/06
MuahMan <mua...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yeah you do. You're just too stupid to see that you worship Apple. This is a
> common problem with religons that brainwash their followers.

That made no sense whatever. Until I read who wrote it. At least that
explained why it didn't.
--
Lars T.

Lars Träger

May 26, 2006, 9:30:44 AM5/26/06
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote:

> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> fear of recognition and reprisal."
>

> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060524-6908.html

Odd thing, that qoute can't be found on that page.

Ohh well, there's Josh's inability to post URLs again. To make it easier
for you, just say "Google for it" the next time.
--
Lars T.

Lars Träger

May 26, 2006, 9:30:45 AM5/26/06
Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net> wrote:

> In article <jtmckee-B89E9E...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
> Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <noone-DD169B....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
> > Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net> wrote:
> >
> > This isn't about Josh or how he titled a thread.
>
> Actually, it is. You appear to have titled a thread like you have based
> on nothing but the word of a guy involved in a lawsuit he claims he
> didn't want to get involved in.

The only Mac fanatic the guy IS talking about is himself.
--
Lars T.

Edwin

May 26, 2006, 10:25:31 AM5/26/06

Note: no response.

You forgot to apologize for lying.

> >> If you read his
> >> open letter (http://jasontomczak.com/) he placing the blame on a lawyer
> >> firm for falsely using his name in the suit resulting in threats.
> >
> > I read the letter. Nothing he has to say about lawyers or lawsuits
> > justify the attacks and threats he's received from Mac Fanatics.
>
> Let post a quote from the letter:
>
> "No Documentation
At no time did David P. Meyer & Associates or Hagens
> Berman Sobol Shapiro ever receive any attorney-client agreement form
> from me. On their own time and based on their own schedules and plans,
> they prepared the paperwork and filed the iPod Nano Class Action suit
> in California using my name as Lead Plaintiff, however this was done
> without my knowledge or consent."

The only reason he objects to the use of his name in the lawsuit is
because of the hate mail and attacks he and his fiance have received
from Mac Fanatics.

> >> Zara
> >> hand others here routinely threaten my life (and all other minorities)
> >> with their racist spews on this board. If you don't think their racist
> >> writings here don't threaten anyone then you need to take a long hard
> >> look at yourself in the mirror. I expect people like yourself and mayor
> >> to be repulsed by their writings that you take up a stand against this.
> >
> > What gives you the right to complain about Zara when you seek to
> > justify the same behavior in Mac Fanatics?

Note: no response.

Edwin

May 26, 2006, 10:25:33 AM5/26/06

Note: no response.

You forgot to apologize for lying.

> >> If you read his
> >> open letter (http://jasontomczak.com/) he placing the blame on a lawyer
> >> firm for falsely using his name in the suit resulting in threats.
> >
> > I read the letter. Nothing he has to say about lawyers or lawsuits
> > justify the attacks and threats he's received from Mac Fanatics.
>
> Let post a quote from the letter:
>
> "No Documentation
At no time did David P. Meyer & Associates or Hagens
> Berman Sobol Shapiro ever receive any attorney-client agreement form
> from me. On their own time and based on their own schedules and plans,
> they prepared the paperwork and filed the iPod Nano Class Action suit
> in California using my name as Lead Plaintiff, however this was done
> without my knowledge or consent."

The only reason he objects to the use of his name in the lawsuit is

because of the hate mail and attacks he and his fiance have received
from Mac Fanatics.

> >> Zara
> >> hand others here routinely threaten my life (and all other minorities)
> >> with their racist spews on this board. If you don't think their racist
> >> writings here don't threaten anyone then you need to take a long hard
> >> look at yourself in the mirror. I expect people like yourself and mayor
> >> to be repulsed by their writings that you take up a stand against this.
> >
> > What gives you the right to complain about Zara when you seek to
> > justify the same behavior in Mac Fanatics?

Note: no response.

Edwin

May 26, 2006, 10:42:25 AM5/26/06

Then you're going to have to call "foul" on an awful lot of people, as
nobody here has ever contacted an author to receive proof about what
was stated in an article.

> Realistically, there is no proof this guy ever was threatened...

Do you honestly expect Internet articles to come with courtroom style
proof attached to them?

> by anyone... just his word. This guy could be setting up a countersuit
> with this lawyer claiming he was harassed due to the lawyer's actions.
> He could be having people send him anonymous 'threats' from school or
> library accounts or whatever. Until we know more this is all pure
> speculation and gun jumping.

I highly doubt the guy would be stupid enough to try something like
that, seeing how easy it would be to shoot down those kinds of bogus
messages.

> > > Does the guy even make that claim?
> >
> > "Google results for my name skyrocketed. I began getting hate mail from
> > people upset about the iPod Nano suit. I had to take my website down
> > and remove legitimate references to my name on numerous web services.
> > My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> > fear of recognition and reprisal."
>
> Nothing in there about Mac users...

Try reading the whole article. His problems began when his name was
posted on Mac-oriented Web sites.

> just a guy claiming people are upset
> with him about the Nano suit. Furthermore, providing the guy is on the
> level and there were threats, it could be Nano owners who made them...
> which are not necessarily Mac users.

Trust me, Windows users couldn't care less who is suing Apple.

> > > Or is everyone assuming
> > > that because the unsubstantiated claims in the letter were sent to the
> > > "Mac community"?
> >
> > Nope.
>
> Considering that you just admitted there is no evidence here yet, how do
> you figure there is no assumption going on?

C'mon, you know yourself that any author who publishes a negative story
about Apple gets letter bombed with hate mail from Mac Fanatics. Do
you really think these same people are going to ignore a plaintiff in a
lawsuit against Apple?

Sandman

May 26, 2006, 10:44:18 AM5/26/06
In article <1148653533.5...@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

> > "No Documentation
> At no time did David P. Meyer & Associates or Hagens
> > Berman Sobol Shapiro ever receive any attorney-client agreement form
> > from me. On their own time and based on their own schedules and plans,
> > they prepared the paperwork and filed the iPod Nano Class Action suit
> > in California using my name as Lead Plaintiff, however this was done
> > without my knowledge or consent."
>
> The only reason he objects to the use of his name in the lawsuit is
> because of the hate mail and attacks he and his fiance have received
> from Mac Fanatics.

How did you learn this?

--
Sandman[.net]

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 11:01:10 AM5/26/06
In article <127d3k4...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Elizabot v2.0.3" <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote:

LOL!

Snit

May 26, 2006, 11:58:44 AM5/26/06
"Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
noone-A297B6....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/25/06 4:55 PM:

> Future quote from Mayor:
> --
> Someone showed me a page where a guy was involved in a lawsuit and
> claimed he was being threatened, (though, he didn't specify by whom). I
> read it on usenet so what the guy wrote MUST be true because...
> because... well... just BECAUSE!
>
> Oh wait, I know the reason! It's because the title of the thread was:
>
> "Maccies aren't fanatical?"
> --
>
> Look for that any day now from Mayor! 8)

Your time machine is still just a figment of your imagination, you silly
bigot.

--
€ As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
€ If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")
€ One can be guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 12:09:59 PM5/26/06
In article <pbtc72hr9afgaolnn...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2006 15:38:16 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >In article <el3c72l5edgl3tth7...@4ax.com>,
> > Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On 25 May 2006 12:28:13 -0700, "Tim Crowley" <timmyt...@gmail.com>
> >> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

> >> I wasn't aware that 'kook' was a race. But then again the left is
> >> pushing the idiotic idea that 'Spanish speaker' is a race now so maybe
> >> that comes from the same bucket of moronity.
> >
> >Hillbillies aren't really a "race", either.
>
> Its a slur used to designate white people much like nigger is a slur
> used against black people.

It was a slur to entitle a TV show using the word "Hillbillies"? Are
these guys slurring themselves by putting the word in their URLs:

http://www.hillbilly-music.com/

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/

http://www.hillbillyidol.com/

http://www.hillbilly-motors.com/

http://www.hillbillystew.com/

http://www.hillbillyrick.com/

http://www.bighillbillybluegrass.com/

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 12:10:54 PM5/26/06
In article <mr-8B559F.10...@individual.net>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> In article <jtmckee-A7A6B0...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,

> Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote:
>
> > "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> > fear of recognition and reprisal."
> >
> > http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060524-6908.html
> >
> > Josh
>

> Define "Maccie".

He used it in the title of this thread... he should define it.

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 12:12:06 PM5/26/06
In article <1hfyazm.f8vxzfprizygN%Lars.T...@epost.de>,
Lars.T...@epost.de (Lars Träger) wrote:

The problem is we don't know exactly what's going on... and neither does
Josh.

Snit

May 26, 2006, 12:39:39 PM5/26/06
"Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
noone-E579AD....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/26/06 9:10 AM:

> In article <mr-8B559F.10...@individual.net>,
> Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <jtmckee-A7A6B0...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
>> Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.know-spam-bogus.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
>>> fear of recognition and reprisal."
>>>
>>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060524-6908.html
>>>
>>> Josh
>>
>> Define "Maccie".
>
> He used it in the title of this thread... he should define it.

Just like you should define and defend your accusations, Steve, but you
don't. Look how you run every time you are asked to. Heck, I started a
thread where I specifically asked you to defend your accusations and you
failed to defend a single one... no less all of your bigotry induced flames.

You are a horrid bigot, Steve. There really is no reasonable doubt.

--
€ Things which are not the same are not "identical"
€ Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree)

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 12:52:47 PM5/26/06
In article <C09C7D5B.4F8CC%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
> noone-E579AD....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/26/06 9:10 AM:
>
> > In article <mr-8B559F.10...@individual.net>,
> > Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> >> Define "Maccie".
> >
> > He used it in the title of this thread... he should define it.
>
> Just like you should define and defend your accusations

... Snit? Yes, I agree.

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 1:08:41 PM5/26/06
In article <1148654545.5...@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

I have when I've seen it.

> > Realistically, there is no proof this guy ever was threatened...
>
> Do you honestly expect Internet articles to come with courtroom style
> proof attached to them?

It's not relevant to Josh entitling a thread the way he has with no
proof other than this guy's word. The guy is involved in at least one
suit and probably a counter suit... he may have motives you aren't
considering. Claims of being threatened may be proven false before this
is over.

> > by anyone... just his word. This guy could be setting up a countersuit
> > with this lawyer claiming he was harassed due to the lawyer's actions.
> > He could be having people send him anonymous 'threats' from school or
> > library accounts or whatever. Until we know more this is all pure
> > speculation and gun jumping.
>
> I highly doubt the guy would be stupid enough to try something like
> that, seeing how easy it would be to shoot down those kinds of bogus
> messages.

You don't think such emails can be faked? Anyway, the point is neither
you nor I know anything about what's really going on here... the motives
that may be behind people's actions (lawyers included)... and Josh
doesn't, either.

> > > "Google results for my name skyrocketed. I began getting hate mail from
> > > people upset about the iPod Nano suit. I had to take my website down
> > > and remove legitimate references to my name on numerous web services.
> > > My fiancee and I were afraid to go outside in our own home town for
> > > fear of recognition and reprisal."
> >
> > Nothing in there about Mac users...
>
> Try reading the whole article. His problems began when his name was
> posted on Mac-oriented Web sites.

Mac-oriented? Like this NG?

> > just a guy claiming people are upset
> > with him about the Nano suit. Furthermore, providing the guy is on the
> > level and there were threats, it could be Nano owners who made them...
> > which are not necessarily Mac users.
>
> Trust me, Windows users couldn't care less who is suing Apple.

You're making as blanket a statement as Josh did to create this thread.
IME Mac users could care less about a lawsuit over a scratched MP3
player... but I do know there are fanatics on both sides of this fence.

> > > Nope.
> >
> > Considering that you just admitted there is no evidence here yet, how do
> > you figure there is no assumption going on?
>
> C'mon, you know yourself that any author who publishes a negative story
> about Apple gets letter bombed with hate mail from Mac Fanatics.

Any negative story is going to generate hate mail from the perspective
of someone.

> Do you really think these same people are going to ignore a plaintiff in a
> lawsuit against Apple?

My point is that we have no idea who these people actually are. How many
threats did he receive and from how many *different* sources? Josh's
title insinuates that all "Maccies" are fanatical. Without any
definition of what a "Maccie" is, the title has no meaning unless
"Maccie" means to be fanatical enough to write a threat to a person such
as the guy who claims to have been threatened here. Is that the
definition you guys have been using for many of the people in this NG? I
never thought so. Josh has called me a "Maccie", as has Mayor... I've
never written a letter like this in my life. Until a definition crops up
from Josh, I'm going to assume this isn't the definition that Josh is
using and he doesn't mean all "Maccies" are fanatics. With that said...
if Josh is trying to say that there does exist Mac users that are
fanatical enough to send such threats, I'll agree that it's very
likely... just as I would agree with anyone that would say it's likely
there are some Windows users fanatical enough to take a false identity
while making the threats. Personally, I don't see either of these things
as being particularly newsworthy and Josh's point about "Maccies" (if he
means *all* "Maccies") isn't made with this article (if I am correctly
understanding what the term "Maccie" means according to Josh).

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 26, 2006, 1:35:03 PM5/26/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 10:09:59 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <pbtc72hr9afgaolnn...@4ax.com>,
> Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 May 2006 15:38:16 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>
>> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>> >Hillbillies aren't really a "race", either.
>>
>> Its a slur used to designate white people much like nigger is a slur
>> used against black people.
>
>It was a slur to entitle a TV show using the word "Hillbillies"?

That was 40 years ago.

By that standard 'nigger' isn't a slur since its used extensively by
blacks themselves.

Edwin

May 26, 2006, 2:10:49 PM5/26/06

Steve Carroll wrote:
> In article <1148654545.5...@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> wrote:
>
> > Steve Carroll wrote:

[snip]

> My point is that we have no idea who these people actually are. How many
> threats did he receive and from how many *different* sources? Josh's
> title insinuates that all "Maccies" are fanatical. Without any
> definition of what a "Maccie" is, the title has no meaning unless
> "Maccie" means to be fanatical enough to write a threat to a person such
> as the guy who claims to have been threatened here. Is that the
> definition you guys have been using for many of the people in this NG? I
> never thought so. Josh has called me a "Maccie", as has Mayor... I've
> never written a letter like this in my life. Until a definition crops up
> from Josh, I'm going to assume this isn't the definition that Josh is
> using and he doesn't mean all "Maccies" are fanatics. With that said...
> if Josh is trying to say that there does exist Mac users that are
> fanatical enough to send such threats, I'll agree that it's very
> likely... just as I would agree with anyone that would say it's likely
> there are some Windows users fanatical enough to take a false identity
> while making the threats. Personally, I don't see either of these things
> as being particularly newsworthy and Josh's point about "Maccies" (if he
> means *all* "Maccies") isn't made with this article (if I am correctly
> understanding what the term "Maccie" means according to Josh).

I understand your points, Steve, and I agree with them.

MuahMan

May 26, 2006, 2:21:46 PM5/26/06

""Lars Träger"" <Lars.T...@epost.de> wrote in message

Have you parents ever apologized for naming you Lars?

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 2:22:33 PM5/26/06
In article <60fe72hfeho3n5vjs...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 May 2006 10:09:59 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >In article <pbtc72hr9afgaolnn...@4ax.com>,
> > Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 25 May 2006 15:38:16 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>
> >> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

> >> Its a slur used to designate white people much like nigger is a slur
> >> used against black people.
> >
> >It was a slur to entitle a TV show using the word "Hillbillies"?
>
> That was 40 years ago.

Do you know how old the negative connotations are?

> > Are
> >these guys slurring themselves by putting the word in their URLs:
> >
> >http://www.hillbilly-music.com/
> >
> >http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/
> >
> >http://www.hillbillyidol.com/
> >
> >http://www.hillbilly-motors.com/
> >
> >http://www.hillbillystew.com/
> >
> >http://www.hillbillyrick.com/
> >
> >http://www.bighillbillybluegrass.com/
>
> By that standard 'nigger' isn't a slur since its used extensively by
> blacks themselves.

Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".

Snit

May 26, 2006, 3:11:55 PM5/26/06
"Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
noone-AEE875....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/26/06 11:22 AM:

>> By that standard 'nigger' isn't a slur since its used extensively by
>> blacks themselves.
>
> Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
> isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
> agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
> meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
> slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
> as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
> point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
> form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
> it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
> particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".

Your semantic games are silly, you ignorant bigot. No matter how hard you
try to defend racial slurs and other such repulsive things you are still a

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 26, 2006, 3:17:57 PM5/26/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 11:08:41 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>

Almost all of your points are negated by one simple fact. Nearly
everyone who writes an article that doesn't gush love for Apple
reports getting the same kind of reaction.

Snit

May 26, 2006, 3:28:25 PM5/26/06
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
ovke72lppllls79vs...@4ax.com on 5/26/06 12:17 PM:

>> My point is that we have no idea who these people actually are. How many
>> threats did he receive and from how many *different* sources? Josh's
>> title insinuates that all "Maccies" are fanatical. Without any
>> definition of what a "Maccie" is, the title has no meaning unless
>> "Maccie" means to be fanatical enough to write a threat to a person such
>> as the guy who claims to have been threatened here. Is that the
>> definition you guys have been using for many of the people in this NG? I
>> never thought so. Josh has called me a "Maccie", as has Mayor... I've
>> never written a letter like this in my life. Until a definition crops up
>> from Josh, I'm going to assume this isn't the definition that Josh is
>> using and he doesn't mean all "Maccies" are fanatics. With that said...
>> if Josh is trying to say that there does exist Mac users that are
>> fanatical enough to send such threats, I'll agree that it's very
>> likely... just as I would agree with anyone that would say it's likely
>> there are some Windows users fanatical enough to take a false identity
>> while making the threats. Personally, I don't see either of these things
>> as being particularly newsworthy and Josh's point about "Maccies" (if he
>> means *all* "Maccies") isn't made with this article (if I am correctly
>> understanding what the term "Maccie" means according to Josh).
>
> Almost all of your points are negated by one simple fact. Nearly
> everyone who writes an article that doesn't gush love for Apple
> reports getting the same kind of reaction.

Heck, I openly prefer and advocate for Macs but Steve flames and trolls me
based on his bigotry.

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 26, 2006, 3:31:05 PM5/26/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 12:22:33 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>

You do realize that these kind of slurs were once acceptable.

>> > Are
>> >these guys slurring themselves by putting the word in their URLs:
>> >
>> >http://www.hillbilly-music.com/
>> >
>> >http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/
>> >
>> >http://www.hillbillyidol.com/
>> >
>> >http://www.hillbilly-motors.com/
>> >
>> >http://www.hillbillystew.com/
>> >
>> >http://www.hillbillyrick.com/
>> >
>> >http://www.bighillbillybluegrass.com/
>>
>> By that standard 'nigger' isn't a slur since its used extensively by
>> blacks themselves.
>
>Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
>isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
>agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
>meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
>slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
>as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
>point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
>form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
>it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
>particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".

You're playing games. Hillbilly is a slur. Its used exclusively
against white people which does make it racial specific. Even when
used by one white to another it still carries negative overtones as
its normally being used to point out that the namecalled is a lowlife.
Why you're dancing and twisting so hard to avoid admitting the obvious
is a bit of a mystery. However considering that you once insisted that
9th century definitions were still valid its not unexpected.

Snit

May 26, 2006, 3:38:49 PM5/26/06
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
1ele721r2s58tnq6b...@4ax.com on 5/26/06 12:31 PM:

>> Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
>> isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
>> agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
>> meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
>> slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
>> as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
>> point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
>> form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
>> it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
>> particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".
>

> You're playing games. Hillbilly is a slur. Its used exclusively
> against white people which does make it racial specific. Even when
> used by one white to another it still carries negative overtones as
> its normally being used to point out that the namecalled is a lowlife.
> Why you're dancing and twisting so hard to avoid admitting the obvious
> is a bit of a mystery. However considering that you once insisted that
> 9th century definitions were still valid its not unexpected.

Steve jumps back and forth on what he considers a valid definition -
whatever will fit his current semantic games. To defend his lies about his
unmarried "wife" he went to 9yj century definitions; to defend his lies
about a political debate he flip flopped between definitions and origins;
and recently he has twisted his panties in a knot so badly he tried to
defend perverts who claimed things that are very different are also
"identical". Steve loves his semantic games - which is weird because he has
not found anyone stupid enough to accept them. People are just not as
stupid as he wants them to be.

And, of course, in this particular case Steve is trying to alter what a
bigoted slur is - being that he is an open bigot.

--
€ Some people do use the term "screen name" in relation to IRC
€ Teaching is a "real job"

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 3:52:30 PM5/26/06
In article <1ele721r2s58tnq6b...@4ax.com>,

By whom? I'll venture that the targets didn't find them so.

> >> By that standard 'nigger' isn't a slur since its used extensively by
> >> blacks themselves.
> >
> >Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
> >isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
> >agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
> >meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
> >slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
> >as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
> >point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
> >form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
> >it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
> >particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".
>

> You're playing games. Hillbilly is a slur.

Uh hunh, so... why do you keep bringing up this totally irrelevant point?

> Its used exclusively against white people which does make it racial specific.

You're playing games. It's not universally used against *all* white
people the way Nigger is used against *all* black people. Furthermore,
there is such a thing as a black hillbilly.

> Even when
> used by one white to another it still carries negative overtones as
> its normally being used to point out that the namecalled is a lowlife.
> Why you're dancing and twisting so hard to avoid admitting the obvious
> is a bit of a mystery. However considering that you once insisted that
> 9th century definitions were still valid its not unexpected.

It's notable that I confused only you (and Snit) with my usage of the
word "wife" on the matter you are referring to.

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 3:53:11 PM5/26/06
In article <C09CA10B.4F912%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
> noone-AEE875....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/26/06 11:22 AM:
>
> >> By that standard 'nigger' isn't a slur since its used extensively by
> >> blacks themselves.
> >
> > Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
> > isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
> > agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
> > meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
> > slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
> > as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
> > point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
> > form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
> > it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
> > particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".
>
> Your semantic games are silly, you ignorant bigot. No matter how hard you
> try to defend racial slurs and other such repulsive things you are still a
> bigot.

Hillbilly isn't a racial slur... no matter how over-medicated you get.

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 3:57:07 PM5/26/06
In article <ovke72lppllls79vs...@4ax.com>,

What I wrote weren't 'points', Mayor... they were 'facts'... and the
thing you are calling a "fact" while claiming to "negate" them doesn't
prove a single thing wrt to this article.

The point is: Fanatics are fanatics.

I don't expect you to grasp the idea.

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 3:58:08 PM5/26/06
In article <1148667049.4...@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

Then you obviously understand that it's fanatics who are the fanatics.
Please explain this to Clyde.

Snit

May 26, 2006, 3:59:47 PM5/26/06
"Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
noone-866535....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/26/06 12:52 PM:

>> You're playing games. Hillbilly is a slur.
>
> Uh hunh, so... why do you keep bringing up this totally irrelevant point?
>
>> Its used exclusively against white people which does make it racial specific.
>
> You're playing games. It's not universally used against *all* white
> people the way Nigger is used against *all* black people. Furthermore,
> there is such a thing as a black hillbilly.

Only in your world, Steve, are all blacks subjected to your racial slurs.

>> Even when
>> used by one white to another it still carries negative overtones as
>> its normally being used to point out that the namecalled is a lowlife.
>> Why you're dancing and twisting so hard to avoid admitting the obvious
>> is a bit of a mystery. However considering that you once insisted that
>> 9th century definitions were still valid its not unexpected.
>
> It's notable that I confused only you (and Snit) with my usage of the
> word "wife" on the matter you are referring to.

Steve: you play stupid semantic games instead of using logic. The funny
thing is you are not much better with your semantic games than you are with
logic and reason. LOL! Remember, Steve, it was not long ago that you tried
to defend the perverted idea that things that are clearly not the same
(incest and sex) are, to you, "identical".

Snit

May 26, 2006, 4:01:03 PM5/26/06
"Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
noone-FA8BB3....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/26/06 12:53 PM:

> In article <C09CA10B.4F912%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
>> noone-AEE875....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/26/06 11:22 AM:

>>> Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
>>> isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
>>> agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
>>> meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
>>> slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
>>> as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
>>> point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
>>> form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
>>> it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
>>> particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".
>>
>> Your semantic games are silly, you ignorant bigot. No matter how hard you
>> try to defend racial slurs and other such repulsive things you are still a
>> bigot.
>
> Hillbilly isn't a racial slur... no matter how over-medicated you get.

Thanks, Steve, for making your "over-medicated" status clear. Um, more
clear.

Now stop flaming me you ignorant bigot.

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 26, 2006, 4:18:02 PM5/26/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 13:52:30 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>

You're not really this stupid are you?
Here's another little bit of trivia for you. The Beverly Hillbillies,
Green Acres and Petticoat Junction weren't cancelled becasue of low
ratings. They were the most popular shows CBS had at the time. They
were cancelled because some of the network bigwigs found it
'distasteful' to have shows that portrayed simple country people as
more virtuous than 'sophisticated' city people who were always
scheming to steal something.
That's how acceptable bigotry was in those days.

>> >Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
>> >isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
>> >agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
>> >meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
>> >slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
>> >as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
>> >point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
>> >form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
>> >it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
>> >particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".
>>

>> You're playing games. Hillbilly is a slur.
>
>Uh hunh, so... why do you keep bringing up this totally irrelevant point?

Because you keep denying it.

>> Its used exclusively against white people which does make it racial specific.
>
>You're playing games. It's not universally used against *all* white
>people the way Nigger is used against *all* black people.

Yes it is.

> Furthermore, there is such a thing as a black hillbilly.

Irrelevant.
Sometimes 'nigger' is used as a race neutral term for lowlife. That
doesn't take away from its ethnic slur aspect.

>> Even when
>> used by one white to another it still carries negative overtones as
>> its normally being used to point out that the namecalled is a lowlife.
>> Why you're dancing and twisting so hard to avoid admitting the obvious
>> is a bit of a mystery. However considering that you once insisted that
>> 9th century definitions were still valid its not unexpected.
>
>It's notable that I confused only you (and Snit) with my usage of the
>word "wife" on the matter you are referring to.

You didn't confuse anyone, except maybe yourself. What you did was try
to explain away why you sometimes referred to your shackup buddy as a
'wife' and sometimes as a 'girlfriend' by trying to delcare the 9th
century definition of 'wife' (simply meaning woman) as still valid.

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 4:23:15 PM5/26/06
In article <C09CAC43.4F92E%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> stated in post
> noone-866535....@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 5/26/06 12:52 PM:
>
> >> You're playing games. Hillbilly is a slur.
> >
> > Uh hunh, so... why do you keep bringing up this totally irrelevant point?
> >
> >> Its used exclusively against white people which does make it racial
> >> specific.
> >
> > You're playing games. It's not universally used against *all* white
> > people the way Nigger is used against *all* black people. Furthermore,
> > there is such a thing as a black hillbilly.
>
> Only in your world, Steve, are all blacks subjected to

Look, just because you, Mayor, Pratt, zara and a few other racially
bigoted morons don't understand the difference between a racial slur and
a word like 'hillbilly' doesn't mean the rest of us don't. Ya know... I
was initially surprised at you joining in on this kind of crap... but
the more I see it from you, the more I realize it fits with the kind of
hypocrite you are. You did the same kind of politically correct feigning
with women's issues... then your true colors came out.

Mayor of R'lyeh

May 26, 2006, 4:23:05 PM5/26/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 13:57:07 -0600, Steve Carroll <no...@nowhere.net>

LOL! Your 'facts' cosisted mainly of wild specualtions such as 'maybe
the author is lying to make his case stronger' and 'all the letters
are probably from Windows users try to make Maccies look bad'.
But then again from your past performance its not hard to imagine that
you consider those to be 'facts'.

>. and the
>thing you are calling a "fact" while claiming to "negate" them doesn't
>prove a single thing wrt to this article.

It shows that it fits into a well established pattern.

>The point is: Fanatics are fanatics.

Thank you, Mr. Obvious.

>I don't expect you to grasp the idea.

I don't expect you to grasp that the only group of computer users who
are so fanatical that they will issue death threats in significant
numbers over an article saying that their favorite product isn't
perfect are Maccies.

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 4:24:17 PM5/26/06
In article <C09CA759.4F925%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
> 1ele721r2s58tnq6b...@4ax.com on 5/26/06 12:31 PM:
>
> >> Yup... and that's my point here. You said it's a slur, I'm saying it
> >> isn't limited to being a slur. By writing this you're essentially
> >> agreeing that it's only a slur if it's used by a person that doesn't
> >> meet the criteria of the group it intends to slur. While it *can* be a
> >> slur, it's obviously also something else and, in the case of hillbilly,
> >> as I said previously, it has nothing to do with race (which was my main
> >> point). Hillbilly is no more a race than is "kook"... which is also a
> >> form of slur depending upon who is using the word and how they are using
> >> it for. Nigger is like saying Wop, it's a derogatory term aimed at a
> >> particular ethnicity (or mixture of them) otherwise known as a "race".
> >

> > You're playing games. Hillbilly is a slur. Its used exclusively
> > against white people which does make it racial specific. Even when
> > used by one white to another it still carries negative overtones as
> > its normally being used to point out that the namecalled is a lowlife.
> > Why you're dancing and twisting so hard to avoid admitting the obvious
> > is a bit of a mystery. However considering that you once insisted that
> > 9th century definitions were still valid its not unexpected.
>
> Steve jumps back and forth on what he considers a valid definition -

Feel free to shows that hillbillies are a race any time you like, Snit.

(circus snipped)

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 4:25:32 PM5/26/06
In article <C09CAC8F.4F92F%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

It's very clear... no matter *how* over-medicated you get you can't
change reality.

Steve Carroll

May 26, 2006, 4:26:18 PM5/26/06
In article <C09CA4E9.4F91E%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

What does your incessant whining have to do with what is being discussed?

Snit

May 26, 2006, 4:27:28 PM5/26/06
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
ttne729f5p9ptrva6...@4ax.com on 5/26/06 1:18 PM:

>>> You're playing games. Hillbilly is a slur.
>>
>> Uh hunh, so... why do you keep bringing up this totally irrelevant point?
>
> Because you keep denying it.

Steve will keep missing simple points and will wait for his "target" to
explain the same thing to him over and over in different words - then Steve
will look for any trivial inconsistency he can fabricate from those
explanations. It is just what he does.

Look at his BS games over the word guilty. He was pathetic. Hey, on the
news a couple minutes ago I heard Ken Lay, who was convicted in court, say
he is actually innocent. That ought to blow Steve's mind: Steve thinks Ken
Lay must have meant he was not convicted... oh wait, that would be the case
if Steve were consistent. He is not.

>>> Its used exclusively against white people which does make it racial
>>> specific.
>>
>> You're playing games. It's not universally used against *all* white
>> people the way Nigger is used against *all* black people.
>
> Yes it is.
>
>> Furthermore, there is such a thing as a black hillbilly.
>
> Irrelevant.
> Sometimes 'nigger' is used as a race neutral term for lowlife. That
> doesn't take away from its ethnic slur aspect.

Steve will defend racial slurs so he will not look so bad. He will fail.

>>> Even when
>>> used by one white to another it still carries negative overtones as
>>> its normally being used to point out that the namecalled is a lowlife.
>>> Why you're dancing and twisting so hard to avoid admitting the obvious
>>> is a bit of a mystery. However considering that you once insisted that
>>> 9th century definitions were still valid its not unexpected.
>>
>> It's notable that I confused only you (and Snit) with my usage of the
>> word "wife" on the matter you are referring to.
>
> You didn't confuse anyone, except maybe yourself. What you did was try
> to explain away why you sometimes referred to your shackup buddy as a
> 'wife' and sometimes as a 'girlfriend' by trying to delcare the 9th
> century definition of 'wife' (simply meaning woman) as still valid.

Heck, Steve even claimed that no state or religion recognized the "married"
status he claims the state grants him. The inconsistency of his BS lies
never occurs to him.

It is loading more messages.