لم تعُد "مجموعات Google" تتيح المشاركات أو الاشتراكات الجديدة من Usenet. وسيبقى بالإمكان عرض المحتوى السابق.

OT - Sad state of our schools

١٣ مرّة مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

tom_...@earthlink.net

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٥:٣٦:٥٨ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
A local school district is proposing a new dress that would bar bare
tummies and trousers that don't cover boys underwear. One high school
student was quoted in the local paper as saying "I don't want none of
those rules." Sad.

Tom Elam

Snit

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٦:٤٨:٠٢ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
"tom_...@earthlink.net" <tom_...@earthlink.net> stated in post
rgskk25etpteqcmlg...@4ax.com on 11/2/06 3:36 PM:

I work with people of all generations... I wish I could say there was a
definite difference in the different age groups when it comes to dedication
to education. With that said, good to hear a district getting a reasonable
(or at least more reasonable) dress code - too many have none to speak of.

--
€ There is no known malware that attacks OS X in the wild
€ There are two general types of PCs: Macs and PCs (odd naming conventions!)

James Davis

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٦:٥٢:٥٥ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى

Which part of this is sad? It's not like they didn't wear cutoff
shirts or tight jeans in the 1970's. As for the poor grammar in the
quote, that is just one person. Too small of a sample size.

I like to think things were better in the olden days too, but I don't
see anything new in this particular article that wasn't happening 20
years ago.

iMojo

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٧:٥٢:١٤ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
In article <rgskk25etpteqcmlg...@4ax.com>,
tom_...@earthlink.net wrote:

Whatever turns you on Tommie.

STravis

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٧:٥٩:٤٩ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى

Hmm.. I see you and iMojo missed the point..not too surprising given
the decline of the overall education level of most people today.

Tom, wasn't complaining about the cutoff shirts or the trousers. The
sad part was that this was uttered from a high school student : " I
don't want none of those rules". That sentence is so grammatically
incorrect that one must assume that this school is for retards.

STravis

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٨:١٠:٣٦ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى

Hmm.. I see you and iMojo missed the point..not too surprising given

STravis

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٨:١٣:٢٥ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى

Whooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!!!!!!

James Davis

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٨:٢٦:٣٦ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى

STravis wrote:

> Tom, wasn't complaining about the cutoff shirts or the trousers. The
> sad part was that this was uttered from a high school student : " I
> don't want none of those rules". That sentence is so grammatically
> incorrect that one must assume that this school is for retards.

Actually, I pointed out that this is one single person, which obviously
is not a large enough sample size to say that many students speak this
way today. If you went to a country and you saw one guy with purple
hair, you wouldn't assume everyone in the country had purple hair.
You'd need a larger sample size.

tom_...@earthlink.net

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٩:٢٢:٤١ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
On 2 Nov 2006 15:52:55 -0800, "James Davis" <mcle...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I'm from the class of '64, things were very different then. As for
the grammar, I see quite a few kids from this district in my sophomore
classes at the university where I teach, and the grammar is all too
familiar.

Hint: This inner city district was once one of the best in the
country, with over 100,000 students enrolled. Now it is one of the
worst in the country (as measured by SAT scores, pregnancy, and
graduation rates) and has an enrollment of 39,000. Guess who left for
the suburbs, and why.

Tom Elam

tom_...@earthlink.net

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٩:٢٥:٣٠ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى

What an intelligent, insightful, rejoinder!

Tom Elam

Snit

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ١٠:٠٤:٣٥ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
pl9lk21jvlnbbg9ta...@4ax.com on 11/2/06 7:22 PM:

> On 2 Nov 2006 15:52:55 -0800, "James Davis" <mcle...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>> tom_...@earthlink.net wrote:
>>> A local school district is proposing a new dress that would bar bare
>>> tummies and trousers that don't cover boys underwear. One high school
>>> student was quoted in the local paper as saying "I don't want none of
>>> those rules." Sad.
>>>

>>> Tom Elam
>>
>> Which part of this is sad? It's not like they didn't wear cutoff
>> shirts or tight jeans in the 1970's. As for the poor grammar in the
>> quote, that is just one person. Too small of a sample size.
>>
>> I like to think things were better in the olden days too, but I don't
>> see anything new in this particular article that wasn't happening 20
>> years ago.
>
> I'm from the class of '64, things were very different then. As for
> the grammar, I see quite a few kids from this district in my sophomore
> classes at the university where I teach, and the grammar is all too
> familiar.

I work with students of all ages and see their papers. Those that think the
older generations, as a rule, have better grammar than the current should
look at the actual data, not just their memories.

--
€ It is OK to email yourself files and store them there for a few weeks
€ No legislation supercedes the Constitution (unless it amends it)

MuahMan

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ١٠:٤٨:٥٥ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
These problems occur much more frequently in schools that use Apple
computers. It stems from the feelings of helplessness they undergo while
using toy computers. They realize that they are being trained on toy
computers that can't do any real work and become quickly disillusioned. How
would like to be trained on a toy Apple computer only to be laughed at when
you try and get a job in the real world where toy Macs are all but banned.
No employer cares if you can use iTunes, the only application that runs on a
Mac.

Jim Lee Jr.

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ١١:٠٥:٣٤ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
In article <9_2dnYwUzYq7IdfY...@adelphia.com>,
"MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can't lay off the LSD, Prattly?

tom_...@earthlink.net

غير مقروءة،
١١ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ١١:٠٧:٢٦ م١١‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
wrote:

I'm from the class of '64, things were very different then. As for

the grammar, I see quite a few kids from this district in my sophomore

classes at the university where I teach, and the grammar is all too
familiar.

Hint: This inner city district was once one of the best in the

tom_...@earthlink.net

غير مقروءة،
١٢ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٩:٢٢:٢٥ ص١٢‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 22:48:55 -0500, "MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com>
wrote:

No, these problems occur in schools where parents, students AND
teachers are not motivated to do well.

Tom Elam

Snit

غير مقروءة،
١٢ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٩:٤٢:٥٦ ص١٢‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
i3kmk2prqs0t6fhl9...@4ax.com on 11/3/06 7:22 AM:

And Administrators. It takes a village. :)

--
€ Deleting from a *Save* dialog is not a sign of well done design
€ A personal computer without an OS is crippled by that lacking

Steve Carroll

غير مقروءة،
١٢ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ١١:٢٦:١٨ ص١٢‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
In article <i3kmk2prqs0t6fhl9...@4ax.com>,
tom_...@earthlink.net wrote:

I agree... but when there are 'teacher's' like Snit out in the world the
students fight an uphill battle. I work with my 8th grader constantly
and it pays off bigtime. Part of the deal is laying down what's
expected... he's fully aware that if he walks in the door with a B- or
less he has a problem... it's not acceptable in this household and his
life changes until he gets back on track. My HS Junior is basically self
sufficient at this point (3.9 GPA with several honors classes and top
chair sax in 3 schools bands). These kids (with a neighbor) have their
own jazz trio that does local gigs. They get paid fairly well and they
really enjoy playing. If their grades start to tank that part of their
life goes away.

--
Heck, OS X is not even partially based on FreeBSD - Snit
Sandman and Carroll are running around trying to crucify trolls

Snit

غير مقروءة،
١٢ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ١:٤٨:٢٦ م١٢‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
Steve Carroll wrote:

> > No, these problems occur in schools where parents, students AND
> > teachers are not motivated to do well.
>

> I agree... but when there are 'teacher's' like Snit out in the world the
> students fight an uphill battle.

How do you know how good or bad of a teacher Snit is? Are you a
student of his who got a bad grade? If so that would explain a lot
about you.

Snit

غير مقروءة،
١٢ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٢:١٤:٤٦ م١٢‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
"Snit" <brockmc...@gmail.com> stated in post
1162579706....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com on 11/3/06 11:48 AM:

Gee, someone-who-could-not-be-Steve-Carroll, if you are going to try to
forge my posts again, at least learn to not have "me" refer to me in the
third person. Idiot.

Steve Carroll on 11/3/06 9:29 AM:
-----
>> People you want to talk to don't call you back. They avoid you.
>> Even when it would mean a sale for them. Says a lot about you,
>> Sandman.
>
> How do you know the manner in which Sandman conducted himself?
> Or are you simply having another glue delusion?
-----
Sandman admits that the computer company with the best rated customer
service will not even call him back to make a sale. Snit notes this and
comment on what this says about Sandman (that he likely treats people in the
real world as poorly as he does on line). Steve implies Snit cannot know
how Sandman is outside of CSMA.

Steve Carroll on 11/3/06 9:26 AM:
-----

>> No, these problems occur in schools where parents, students AND
>> teachers are not motivated to do well.
>
> I agree... but when there are 'teacher's' like Snit out in the
> world the students fight an uphill battle.

-----
Steve pretends to know how Snit is as a teacher; obviously contradicting his
notion that one cannot know how a poster is outside of CSMA. Steve could
not stay consistent for *three* minutes!

Oh, one last thing:

€ A personal computer without an OS is crippled by that lacking

Yet another fact that pisses you off. Please note, Steve, that no matter
how much you whine, an OS *can* be installed to a computer so crippled, and
thus the crippling condition can be alleviated. This clearly goes over your
head. Oh well. You are, as always, a self admitted moron and asshole.

Please stop lying about me.
Please stop forging posts.

Alan Baker

غير مقروءة،
١٢ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٣:٢٦:٤٧ م١٢‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
In article <1162579706....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Snit" <brockmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Looks like you forgot which identity you were posting under...

--
'It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix.'
"It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix'

'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)

Snit

غير مقروءة،
١٢ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ٣:٥٥:٤٤ م١٢‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> stated in post
alangbaker-BA9B4...@news.telus.net on 11/3/06 1:26 PM:

> In article <1162579706....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

>>> I agree... but when there are 'teacher's' like Snit out in the world the
>>> students fight an uphill battle.
>>
>> How do you know how good or bad of a teacher Snit is? Are you a
>> student of his who got a bad grade? If so that would explain a lot
>> about you.
>
> Looks like you forgot which identity you were posting under...

The post you responded to was a forgery. Most likely by Steve...

Steve Carroll

غير مقروءة،
١٥ شوال ١٤٢٧ هـ، ١٢:٠٦:٣٣ م١٥‏/١٠‏/١٤٢٧ هـ
إلى
In article <C170FAE0.64640%SN...@CABLEONE.NET.lNVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLEONE.NET.lNVALID> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> stated in post
> alangbaker-BA9B4...@news.telus.net on 11/3/06 1:26 PM:
>
> > In article <1162579706....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

> >> How do you know how good or bad of a teacher Snit is? Are you a
> >> student of his who got a bad grade? If so that would explain a lot
> >> about you.
> >
> > Looks like you forgot which identity you were posting under...
>
> The post you responded to was a forgery.

Prove it.

0 رسالة جديدة