Re: Creative flaming

CSMA_Moderator

Nov 13, 2004, 11:27:12 AM11/13/04
Sigh. Yes Nathan is as much of a problem as the rest of the yahoos who
can not stop bickering. I guess you all feel that if you stop, it will
look like the other side(s) won.

Each of you cares more for your ego than you do about the Apple II. If
you really cared, you would not continue actions that chase folks like me
away. I love my Apple IIgs... would love to hear about new software,
tricks with old software etc. Csa2 was once a great resource for me (was
helped tremendously by both Nathon and Dr. Tom). I now generally stay
far away from it. Looks like I am now a part of the problem. At least
for a while I will lurk, but no more "please stop" posts from me. They
are almost as annoying as the bickering... and generally just as
useless. Is there a moderated Apple II group anywhere?

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=574ujh%248jb%40news.nevada.edu&output=gplain

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Rick G

Nov 13, 2004, 12:53:19 PM11/13/04
In article <4196...@news.usenetzone.com>,
"CSMA_Moderator" <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> Sigh. Yes Nathan is as much of a problem as the rest of the yahoos who
> can not stop bickering. I guess you all feel that if you stop, it will
> look like the other side(s) won.
>
> Each of you cares more for your ego than you do about the Apple II. If
> you really cared, you would not continue actions that chase folks like me
> away. I love my Apple IIgs... would love to hear about new software,
> tricks with old software etc. Csa2 was once a great resource for me (was
> helped tremendously by both Nathon and Dr. Tom). I now generally stay
> far away from it. Looks like I am now a part of the problem. At least
> for a while I will lurk, but no more "please stop" posts from me. They
> are almost as annoying as the bickering... and generally just as
> useless. Is there a moderated Apple II group anywhere?
>
> http://www.google.com/groups?selm=574ujh%248jb%40news.nevada.edu&output=gplain

You *do* realize that this is *NOT* an Apple II group?

Comp.sys.MAC.advocacy.

Of course it has nothing to do with US politics either...

--
Rick...

Snit

Nov 13, 2004, 1:25:37 PM11/13/04
"Rick G" <Ri...@dot.dot> wrote in post
Rick-E7FC9F.0...@news.telus.net on 11/13/04 10:53 AM:

Do not discourage Steve's good, good friend, "CSMA_Moderator". Those
"moderators" and "misunderstood troll hunters" need all the encouragement
they can get.

Let us look at the post this particular "misunderstood troll hunters".
CSMA_Moderator pulled up of mine... from 1996.

See, I was in another group long ago where there were flame wars... as there
often are in Usenet. I was trying to play the part of "moderator" by asking
people to stop. It was, of course, a futile effort and I realized that.
The group ceased being fun to me, and it was clear that my efforts to stop
the flaming were destined to fail. I even commented that I would like to
see a moderated group.

Well, I have been encouraging Steve... and his "friends"... to learn to do
some net research. Clearly he has been able to do so - to dig up a post of
mine from so long ago. And it seems he is learning the lesson I did in 1996
- which is a big improvement for Steve's "friend" here.

The sad thing is the sock puppet name selected to post this old message...
"CSMA_Moderator".

While this is clear irony, it is still an improvement... one I am happy to
see.

Oh, one last note: I had predicted that Steve would start digging up old
posts of mine and getting more nasty now that I mostly ignore him. Seems
Steve is not doing that. CSMA_Moderator is.

Funny, eh?

--
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

Rick G

Nov 13, 2004, 1:33:33 PM11/13/04
In article <BDBB9FB1.11811%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> http://www.google.com/groups?selm=574ujh%248jb%40news.nevada.edu&output=gplai>

OK. I didn't realize that this was one of your old posts regurgitated
for someone's amusement.

--
Rick...

Steve Carroll

Nov 13, 2004, 2:26:36 PM11/13/04
In article <Rick-D52747.1...@news.telus.net>,
Rick G <Ri...@dot.dot> wrote:

I find it amusing:) Contrary to Snit's delusion, I am not the moderator.
Of course, this won't stop him from running all around the NG creating
threads that I lied about this while denying it... only to subsequently
admit that I was lying the whole time. That none of this *actually*
happens with any participation from me doesn't occur to Snit.

Steve C

George Graves

Nov 13, 2004, 3:13:15 PM11/13/04
In article <trollkiller-D12F...@netnews.comcast.net>,
Steve Carroll <troll...@TK.com> wrote:

Hey Steve! I shit-canned Snit (kill-filed him) and you wouldn't believe
what a nicer place CSMA is now. You should try it!

--
George Graves
------------------

Knowledge is good.

Snit

Nov 13, 2004, 3:43:52 PM11/13/04
"George Graves" <gmgra...@pacbell.net> wrote in post
gmgravesnos-72B0...@newssvr13-ext.news.prodigy.com on 11/13/04
1:13 PM:

I think we would all appreciate it if he, and his good, good friends who are
in no way shape or form his sock puppets (just ask him) would do exactly as
you ask.

Tim Adams

Nov 13, 2004, 3:57:13 PM11/13/04
In article <BDBBC018.11835%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

I'd kill file you but then I'd miss the fun. you see, you never cease to
amaze me at just how stupid you really are. Why just the other day I had
a great laugh when I saw you, the king of liars (in this NG anyway)
calling somebody else a liar.

--
Tim

Snit

Nov 13, 2004, 4:24:19 PM11/13/04
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-0077CD.15...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 11/13/04
1:57 PM:

Please be more specific: Which lie of yours did I catch you in that prompted
your accusation with no support here?

Jim Lee Jr.

Nov 13, 2004, 5:38:55 PM11/13/04
In article <Rick-E7FC9F.0...@news.telus.net>, Rick G
<Ri...@dot.dot> wrote:

> You *do* realize that this is *NOT* an Apple II group?
>
> Comp.sys.MAC.advocacy.
>
> Of course it has nothing to do with US politics either.

It has never stoped the bozos from posting off topic political posts
before.

Snit

Nov 13, 2004, 9:42:09 PM11/13/04
"Rick G" <Ri...@dot.dot> wrote in post
Rick-D52747.1...@news.telus.net on 11/13/04 11:33 AM:

Someone was educating themselves. Steve says it is not him, so let's just
say it is one of his good, good friends who needs to learn the same lessons.
:)