Networking with PCs

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 6:05:39 AM6/17/06
Legend:
Fantasy: My Mac laptop
Epiphany: My HTPC Mac
Forsaken: My gaming PC
Nightmare: My gaming laptop PC

We all know how easy it is to set up a home network with Macs. Just
enable "Personal File Sharing" in system preferences (if it isn't
enabled by default, maybe it is) and then it just works as expected.
All other Macs show up in the network part of the Finder and you can
connect to them and download and upload files easy.

So, I wanted to edit som text files on my PC (Forsaken), and since
BBEdit is my text editor of choice, I SFTP'd them over to my Mac
(Fantasy), edited them, and then SFTP'd them back (using Filezilla on
the PC, Windows obvioulsy doesn't have SFTP support).

I realized that this would be easier using samba to connect to
Forsaken. So, how to do that? Hmmm.

There isn't, as far as I could find, a general "Share this computer on
the network" function in Windows. You have to share specific folders.
As it turns out, looking in the System settings, my PC was in the
workgroup "HOME", and in my network Finder window, there was a empty
"Home" folder. Hmm.

There also was a "Workgroup" folder, which contained the sharing of
Epiphany' samba connection.

So I shared the "C:\Games" folder thinking it may show up in the
"Home" folder. It didn't. Ok, hmmm. So, how do I troubleshoot this?

I went to C: on Forsaken, and tried to share that one, and saw that it
was already shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason.
I thought that maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare"
it, and a dialog came up saying it had been shared for administrative
purposes, and if I disable it it will be re-enabled when "Server" is
restarted or the machine is restarted.

Uh, ok... What does that mean? What is "Server"? I proceeded to
unshare it and re-share it with the name "C" and added myself as
having privileges (which you can't pick from a list, you have too type
the name 'Sandman' and then press 'check name' and have it replace it
with "FORSAKEN\Sandman", duh).

Still nothing in the "Home" network workgroup.

Hmmm. So I decided to change the workgroup from "HOME" to "WORKGROUP"
so it could show up in the already existing workgroup that my other
Mac is in. Restart! Why? Why? Why? A restart later, nothing in the
"Workgroup" folder, but the "Home" folder is still there. Ok, maybe my
Mac isn't polling the network correctly?

I bring up my Dell gaming laptop and turn it on. "boing" and it shows
up as "Nightmare" in the "Workgroup" folder. Ok, so my Mac seem to be
able to poll the network correctly. Of course, when trying to connect
to "Nightmare", Fantasy claims it can't find it. Uhm, ok...

So, what do we have...

Fantasy:
Epiphany: see & connect
Nightmare: see, but can't connect
Forsaken: nothing

Forsaken
Sees only its own shares

Nightmare
Epiphany: see & connect
Fantasy: see & connect
Forsaken: doesn't show up

Obviously Forsaken is having some severe problems since it can't even
see the shares of other computers.

The two laptops (Nightmare and Fantasy) are on Airport, but it's set
to share the network, not NAT, so they are using the same gateway as
the other computers on the network.

Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?

--
Sandman[.net]

zara

Jun 17, 2006, 10:05:52 AM6/17/06

"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 10:53:19 AM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-4A909A.12...@individual.net on 6/17/06 3:05 AM:

> Legend:
> Fantasy: My Mac laptop
> Epiphany: My HTPC Mac
> Forsaken: My gaming PC
> Nightmare: My gaming laptop PC

<SNIP CONTENT="sad, whiney story Sandman spewed trying to blame windows for
his ignorance" />

> Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?

It is not hard to set up sharing between a Mac and a PC. I would help
educate you on that, but, as we have seen with the web discussion, you would
simply use that as yet another tool in your trolling arsenal. You would
deny I helped you and insist I did not know enough to do so.

Maybe someone else will take pity on you and help you. Not I. Maybe if you
apologize for your multiple lies about me I will consider it. Until then -
happy networking. I just hope your computer networking skills are better
than your human networking skills.

--
€ Some people do use the term "screen name" in relation to IRC
€ Teaching is a "real job"

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 10:54:28 AM6/17/06
"zara" <zsp...@aol.com> stated in post
U_Tkg.25778$EX2....@bignews5.bellsouth.net on 6/17/06 7:05 AM:

>> Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
>
> Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
> living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.

LOL!

I wonder if anyone will take pity on poor Sandman and help him after the way
he treated me when I helped him with his web site. Someone probably will,
but just thing - had he not trolled me he already would have had his answer.

--
€ Things which are not the same are not "identical"
€ Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree)

Tim Murray

Jun 17, 2006, 11:57:19 AM6/17/06
I rewrote this using PC1, PC2, Mac1, and Mac2, since screwing with those
names was a pain, and left it at the bottom of this post.

Try this: For any connect from Mac to PC, try this using a specific server
address (machinename), user ID, and password, using several formats:

smb://userID:password@machinename
smb://userID:password@machinename/userID$
smb://userID:password@machinename/d$ (or c$)

where the user ID and and password is a user ID and password that can log in
as a user to the target machine.

A ways into your write-up you you talk about changing the workgroup of a PC
from Home to Workgroup, and the Mac still sees Home. Macs have a problem with
cacheing network connection names for too long. How many minutes you have to
wait I don't recall, but a reboot might take care of it.

REWRITTEN =========================================================

Legend:
Mac1: My Mac laptop
Mac2: My HTPC Mac
PC1: My gaming PC
PC2: My gaming laptop PC

We all know how easy it is to set up a home network with Macs. Just enable
"Personal File Sharing" in system preferences (if it isn't enabled by
default, maybe it is) and then it just works as expected. All other Macs show
up in the network part of the Finder and you can connect to them and download
and upload files easy.

So, I wanted to edit some text files on PC1, and since BBEdit is my text
editor of choice, I SFTP'd them over to Mac1, edited them, and then SFTP'd
them back (using Filezilla on the PC, Windows obviously doesn't have SFTP
support).

I realized that this would be easier using samba to connect to PC1. So, how
to do that? Hmmm.

There isn't, as far as I could find, a general "Share this computer on the
network" function in Windows. You have to share specific folders. As it turns
out, looking in the System settings, my PC was in the workgroup "HOME", and
in my network Finder window, there was a empty "Home" folder. Hmm.

There also was a "Workgroup" folder, which contained the sharing of Mac2's
samba connection.

So I shared the "C:\Games" folder thinking it may show up in the "Home"
folder. It didn't. Ok, hmmm. So, how do I troubleshoot this?

I went to C: on PC1, and tried to share that one, and saw that it was already

shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason. I thought that
maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare" it, and a dialog came up
saying it had been shared for administrative purposes, and if I disable it it
will be re-enabled when "Server" is restarted or the machine is restarted.

Uh, ok... What does that mean? What is "Server"? I proceeded to unshare it
and re-share it with the name "C" and added myself as having privileges
(which you can't pick from a list, you have too type the name 'Sandman' and

then press 'check name' and have it replace it with "PC1\Sandman", duh).

Still nothing in the "Home" network workgroup.

Hmmm. So I decided to change the workgroup from "HOME" to "WORKGROUP" so it
could show up in the already existing workgroup that my other Mac is in.
Restart! Why? Why? Why? A restart later, nothing in the "Workgroup" folder,
but the "Home" folder is still there. Ok, maybe my Mac isn't polling the
network correctly?

I bring up my Dell gaming laptop PC2 and turn it on, and it shows up as "PC2"

in the "Workgroup" folder. Ok, so my Mac seem to be able to poll the network

correctly. Of course, when trying to connect to "PC2", Mac1 claims it can't
find it. Uhm, ok...

So, what do we have...

Mac1: Mac2: see & connect PC2: see, but can't connect PC1: nothing

PC1 Sees only its own shares

PC2 Mac2: see & connect Mac1: see & connect PC1: doesn't show up

Obviously PC1 is having some severe problems since it can't even see the
shares of other computers.

The two laptops (PC2 and Mac1) are on Airport, but it's set to share the

Timberwoof

Jun 17, 2006, 12:51:33 PM6/17/06
In article <mr-4A909A.12...@individual.net>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

SMB has things in its architecture that make it inherently complicated
to set up and administer. Between the fact that Macs don't let you set
the workgroup (well, they do, but you have to get your hands sticky in
/etc/smb.conf) and that Windows computers remember everything about the
network, even old workgroups, things can get confusing. Try turning on
Windows Sharing on your Mac and connect your Windows computers as
clients. You may have to hunt for the Mac workgroup by starting in
Network Neighborhood instead of Computers Near Me.

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com

Alan Baker

Jun 17, 2006, 2:21:22 PM6/17/06
In article
<timberwoof.spam-B6...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.net>,
Timberwoof <timberw...@infernosoft.com> wrote:

Macs let you set the workgroup just fine.

Go into Directory Access and activate/configure SMB.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Jun 17, 2006, 2:45:46 PM6/17/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 07:54:28 -0700, Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>"zara" <zsp...@aol.com> stated in post
>U_Tkg.25778$EX2....@bignews5.bellsouth.net on 6/17/06 7:05 AM:
>
>>> Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
>>
>> Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
>> living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.
>
>LOL!
>
>I wonder if anyone will take pity on poor Sandman and help him after the way
>he treated me when I helped him with his web site. Someone probably will,
>but just thing - had he not trolled me he already would have had his answer.

The last time I tried to help Sandman with a simple Windows problem
all the stupid Swede did was mock everything I told him. Fuck him. If
he's really this stupid that he can't figure out something braindead
simple like networking Windows then he deserves to not have it.

--
"We believe Internet Explorer is a really good browser.
Internet Explorer is my browser of choice."

Steve Jobs

Timberwoof

Jun 17, 2006, 3:08:25 PM6/17/06
In article <alangbaker-AED1A...@news.telus.net>,
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:

> Macs let you set the workgroup just fine.
>
> Go into Directory Access and activate/configure SMB.

Well, thank you very much for the correction! I'm happily corrected!

1. Now I know how to set my Macs to talk to the correct workgroup at
work.

2. Haha, Apple did after all do it the right way. :-)

Alan Baker

Jun 17, 2006, 3:14:10 PM6/17/06
In article
<timberwoof.spam-0F...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.net>,
Timberwoof <timberw...@infernosoft.com> wrote:

> In article <alangbaker-AED1A...@news.telus.net>,
> Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> > Macs let you set the workgroup just fine.
> >
> > Go into Directory Access and activate/configure SMB.
>
> Well, thank you very much for the correction! I'm happily corrected!
>
> 1. Now I know how to set my Macs to talk to the correct workgroup at
> work.
>
> 2. Haha, Apple did after all do it the right way. :-)

Always HTH.

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 3:37:00 PM6/17/06

> > Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
>
> SMB has things in its architecture that make it inherently complicated
> to set up and administer. Between the fact that Macs don't let you set
> the workgroup (well, they do, but you have to get your hands sticky in
> /etc/smb.conf) and that Windows computers remember everything about the
> network, even old workgroups, things can get confusing. Try turning on
> Windows Sharing on your Mac and connect your Windows computers as
> clients. You may have to hunt for the Mac workgroup by starting in
> Network Neighborhood instead of Computers Near Me.

But, doing it the other way around, BBEdit can't edit files on the
Windows PC without first being transferred there, which I'm already
doing with SFTP.

Plus, what is "Computers Near Me"? I only have one thing, and that's
"My Network Places". Isn't "Network Neighbourhood" from an older
version of Windows?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 3:37:45 PM6/17/06
In article <U_Tkg.25778$EX2....@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <zsp...@aol.com> wrote:

> > Fantasy:
> > Epiphany: see & connect
> > Nightmare: see, but can't connect
> > Forsaken: nothing
> >
> > Forsaken
> > Sees only its own shares
> >
> > Nightmare
> > Epiphany: see & connect
> > Fantasy: see & connect
> > Forsaken: doesn't show up
> >
> > Obviously Forsaken is having some severe problems since it can't even
> > see the shares of other computers.
> >
> > The two laptops (Nightmare and Fantasy) are on Airport, but it's set
> > to share the network, not NAT, so they are using the same gateway as
> > the other computers on the network.
> >
> > Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
>
> Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
> living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.

What's the name of your computer?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 3:38:25 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B965B4.52096%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> >> Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
> >
> > Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
> > living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.
>
> LOL!
>
> I wonder if anyone will take pity on poor Sandman and help him after the way
> he treated me when I helped him with his web site.

I don't think there is anyone that bases their desicions in this group
after your fantasies, Snit.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 3:39:08 PM6/17/06
In article <3bj892lh82k463c28...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The last time I tried to help Sandman with a simple Windows problem
> all the stupid Swede did was mock everything I told him. Fuck him. If
> he's really this stupid that he can't figure out something braindead
> simple like networking Windows then he deserves to not have it.

Haha! Still humiliated by your display of ignorance with regards to
the disk utilities in Windows? Figures. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Mayor of R'lyeh

Jun 17, 2006, 3:41:40 PM6/17/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:39:08 +0200, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> chose to

bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <3bj892lh82k463c28...@4ax.com>,

LOL! There was no need to help shore up my position. It was already
set in stone.

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 3:42:22 PM6/17/06
In article
<0001HW.C0B99E9F...@newsgroups.bellsouth.net>,
Tim Murray <no-...@thankyou.com> wrote:

> I rewrote this using PC1, PC2, Mac1, and Mac2, since screwing with those
> names was a pain, and left it at the bottom of this post.
>
> Try this: For any connect from Mac to PC, try this using a specific server
> address (machinename), user ID, and password, using several formats:
>
> smb://userID:password@machinename
> smb://userID:password@machinename/userID$
> smb://userID:password@machinename/d$ (or c$)

Neither of this works, as expected. My gaming PC (PC1) can't see any
other computer on the network, so something is messed up with that
one, I just don't know what.

> A ways into your write-up you you talk about changing the workgroup of a PC
> from Home to Workgroup, and the Mac still sees Home. Macs have a problem with
> cacheing network connection names for too long. How many minutes you have to
> wait I don't recall, but a reboot might take care of it.

Sure, I can imagine that- But my Macs found PC2 in the workgroup name
as soon as it had booted, so discovery seems quick.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 3:45:08 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9656F.52095%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> > Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
>
> It is not hard to set up sharing between a Mac and a PC.

Haha! The secret "I know how to fix it but I won't tell you, nananana!"

I wouldn't really want someone as computer illiterate as you make any
suggestions to me. Actually, it would be ok, then I'd know what NOT to
do. It's like your ignorant claims about my web, which were just
endorsements that I were doing the right thing.

If you apologize for your multiple lies about me I'll consider taking
pity on you and at least listen to you, Until then - happy trolling. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 4:03:21 PM6/17/06
In article <9mm892hjqr8ksk716...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:39:08 +0200, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> chose to
> bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >In article <3bj892lh82k463c28...@4ax.com>,
> > Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The last time I tried to help Sandman with a simple Windows problem
> >> all the stupid Swede did was mock everything I told him. Fuck him. If
> >> he's really this stupid that he can't figure out something braindead
> >> simple like networking Windows then he deserves to not have it.
> >
> >Haha! Still humiliated by your display of ignorance with regards to
> >the disk utilities in Windows? Figures. :)
>
> LOL! There was no need to help shore up my position. It was already
> set in stone.

Exactly my point. :-D

Now go lick your wounds. :P

--
Sandman[.net]

Message has been deleted

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 4:38:04 PM6/17/06
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
3bj892lh82k463c28...@4ax.com on 6/17/06 11:45 AM:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 07:54:28 -0700, Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
>> "zara" <zsp...@aol.com> stated in post
>> U_Tkg.25778$EX2....@bignews5.bellsouth.net on 6/17/06 7:05 AM:

>>> Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
>>> living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.
>>
>> LOL!
>>
>> I wonder if anyone will take pity on poor Sandman and help him after the way
>> he treated me when I helped him with his web site. Someone probably will,
>> but just thing - had he not trolled me he already would have had his answer.
>
> The last time I tried to help Sandman with a simple Windows problem
> all the stupid Swede did was mock everything I told him. Fuck him. If
> he's really this stupid that he can't figure out something braindead
> simple like networking Windows then he deserves to not have it.

Hell, I recently helped Sandman to better his site... he denies it, but the
Google archive proves he is lying (discussed in more detail here:
<http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>). I agree - to hell with him, if he is
that inconsiderate to those who assist him then he can rot away basking in
his ignorance.

Then again, I see some people have taken pity on him and offered help. I
wonder if we have shamed him into showing any appreciation. I hope so.

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 4:41:40 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-5C3C32.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:38 PM:

>>> Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
>>> living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.
>>
>> LOL!
>>
>> I wonder if anyone will take pity on poor Sandman and help him after the way
>> he treated me when I helped him with his web site.
>
> I don't think

Hey! You made it three words without telling a lie. Is that a new record
for you, Sandman?

> there is anyone that bases their desicions in this group after your fantasies,
> Snit.

What fantasies, Sandman? Oh wait - I have no desire to know what your
fantasies are, *especially* since you are claiming they involve me. Just so
you know, I am married and not in the slightest bit interested in you. I
offered assistance to you because I am a nice guy, not to win any favor from
you (which does not excuse your piss poor response).

Timberwoof

Jun 17, 2006, 4:44:10 PM6/17/06
In article <me-FBAE30.16...@news.supernews.com>,
Mike <m...@here.net> wrote:

> In article <mr-4A909A.12...@individual.net>,
> Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
>

> > I went to C: on Forsaken, and tried to share that one, and saw that it
> > was already shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason.
> > I thought that maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare"
> > it, and a dialog came up saying it had been shared for administrative
> > purposes, and if I disable it it will be re-enabled when "Server" is
> > restarted or the machine is restarted.
>

> That's the administrative share, and is always there. Have you never
> networked Windows before?

Ah, just as I suspected. Windows networking is only to be attempted by
the experts who have done it before. The ordinary home user should
never attempt this without professional supervision.

> > Uh, ok... What does that mean? What is "Server"? I proceeded to
> > unshare it and re-share it with the name "C" and added myself as
> > having privileges (which you can't pick from a list, you have too type
> > the name 'Sandman' and then press 'check name' and have it replace it
> > with "FORSAKEN\Sandman", duh).
>

> All names and passwords must be the same. You have to login to all 4
> machines with same name and password for this to work.

I see you've never networked Windows before[1]. It is possible to log
into different servers with different usernames and passwords, even in
Windows.

> > Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
>

> It is, you just don't know what you're doing.

Is that an example of a contradiction?

[1] That's an appropriate guess. I assume it was appropriate when you
made it in similar circumstances....

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 4:45:22 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-6CDC64.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:45 PM:

Please enjoy your sour grapes alone, you lying troll.

Oh, and since you continue to focus on your web site, here is the post where
your lies are discussed in pretty good detail:
<http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>.

No matter what lies you spew, Sandman, that post is not going away. You
lied - you were caught lying - you piled your lies higher.

Now, Sandman, can you support your accusations against me. Of course not -
but you can claim you already have. When you do, of course, you will not
post a link... because you do not have one. Quite telling of how pathetic
you are.

Timberwoof

Jun 17, 2006, 4:46:12 PM6/17/06
In article <mr-F7C2D4.21...@individual.net>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

Probably PC1 and PC2.

It seems to me that anyone who names his computers such things, or
changes the names of hard drives to meaningful names instead of C: (the
fist hard drive is C. Imagine that.) is the type of imaginative person
who would be happier with a Mac than with a Windows computer. That's
enough reason for me.

Timberwoof

Jun 17, 2006, 4:47:59 PM6/17/06
In article <mr-512581.21...@individual.net>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> In article
> <timberwoof.spam-B6...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.net>,
> Timberwoof <timberw...@infernosoft.com> wrote:
>
> > > Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
> >
> > SMB has things in its architecture that make it inherently complicated
> > to set up and administer. Between the fact that Macs don't let you set
> > the workgroup (well, they do, but you have to get your hands sticky in
> > /etc/smb.conf) and that Windows computers remember everything about the
> > network, even old workgroups, things can get confusing. Try turning on
> > Windows Sharing on your Mac and connect your Windows computers as
> > clients. You may have to hunt for the Mac workgroup by starting in
> > Network Neighborhood instead of Computers Near Me.
>
> But, doing it the other way around, BBEdit can't edit files on the
> Windows PC without first being transferred there, which I'm already
> doing with SFTP.

Oh.

> Plus, what is "Computers Near Me"? I only have one thing, and that's
> "My Network Places". Isn't "Network Neighbourhood" from an older
> version of Windows?

Sorry. It's a case of "I don't know the directions but I know how to get
there." Do you have XP Home? It' helpfully hides things that are visible
in XP Pro.

Timberwoof

Jun 17, 2006, 4:50:13 PM6/17/06
In article <3bj892lh82k463c28...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 07:54:28 -0700, Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >"zara" <zsp...@aol.com> stated in post
> >U_Tkg.25778$EX2....@bignews5.bellsouth.net on 6/17/06 7:05 AM:

> >> Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
> >> living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.
> >
> >LOL!
> >
> >I wonder if anyone will take pity on poor Sandman and help him after the way
> >he treated me when I helped him with his web site. Someone probably will,
> >but just thing - had he not trolled me he already would have had his answer.
>
> The last time I tried to help Sandman with a simple Windows problem
> all the stupid Swede did was mock everything I told him. Fuck him. If
> he's really this stupid that he can't figure out something braindead
> simple like networking Windows then he deserves to not have it.

<mode=Richard Attenborough>
And here you see a very curious adaptation, in which the Addlepated
Windroid, rather than helping others in his environment, sees them all
as threats, and withholds help from all of them. Watch now, as his rage
increases...
</mode>

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 4:53:42 PM6/17/06
"Timberwoof" <timberw...@infernosoft.com> stated in post
timberwoof.spam-AE...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.net on 6/17/06
1:50 PM:

Sandman repeatedly punishes people for helping him. Why would anyone go out
of their way to lift a finger for him any more? Heck, here is a discussion
on the last time I helped him: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>. Please
note how Sandman repeatedly lies - even to go against what the Google cache
clearly shows. How he thinks he can get away with his dishonesty is
anyone's guess.

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:01:36 PM6/17/06

> > I went to C: on Forsaken, and tried to share that one, and saw that it
> > was already shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason.
> > I thought that maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare"
> > it, and a dialog came up saying it had been shared for administrative
> > purposes, and if I disable it it will be re-enabled when "Server" is
> > restarted or the machine is restarted.
>
> That's the administrative share, and is always there. Have you never
> networked Windows before?

No, not much. Since it's not as easy as on Macs, I usually use SFTP.

> > Uh, ok... What does that mean? What is "Server"? I proceeded to
> > unshare it and re-share it with the name "C" and added myself as
> > having privileges (which you can't pick from a list, you have too type
> > the name 'Sandman' and then press 'check name' and have it replace it
> > with "FORSAKEN\Sandman", duh).
>
> All names and passwords must be the same. You have to login to all 4
> machines with same name and password for this to work.

Actually, I do. They're all the same. Silly limitation, though.

> > Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
>

> It is, you just don't know what you're doing.

And you don't know either?

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:01:21 PM6/17/06
"Timberwoof" <timberw...@infernosoft.com> stated in post
timberwoof.spam-B6...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.net on 6/17/06
9:51 AM:

> SMB has things in its architecture that make it inherently complicated
> to set up and administer. Between the fact that Macs don't let you set
> the workgroup (well, they do, but you have to get your hands sticky in
> /etc/smb.conf)

You can do it with Directory Access utility. Here is a screen shot:

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/workgroup.jpg>

> and that Windows computers remember everything about the
> network, even old workgroups, things can get confusing. Try turning on
> Windows Sharing on your Mac and connect your Windows computers as
> clients. You may have to hunt for the Mac workgroup by starting in
> Network Neighborhood instead of Computers Near Me.

Well, I know someone would take pity on Sandman. CSMA can be a very giving
group.

--
€ As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
€ If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:02:36 PM6/17/06
In article
<timberwoof.spam-B5...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.net>,
Timberwoof <timberw...@infernosoft.com> wrote:

> > Plus, what is "Computers Near Me"? I only have one thing, and that's
> > "My Network Places". Isn't "Network Neighbourhood" from an older
> > version of Windows?
>
> Sorry. It's a case of "I don't know the directions but I know how to get
> there." Do you have XP Home? It' helpfully hides things that are visible
> in XP Pro.

I have home on PC2 and Pro on PC1. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:04:53 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-F7C2D4.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:37 PM:

>> Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
>> living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.
>
> What's the name of your computer?

What makes you think that is relevant? Are you hoping to find company for
your misery?

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:05:00 PM6/17/06
In article
<timberwoof.spam-58...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.net>,
Timberwoof <timberw...@infernosoft.com> wrote:

Haha, true enough. I once read (back when I worked only as a designer,
working with a programmer) that designer types name their files like
"New design, we'll see if the client likes it.psd" and programmers
name their files "foo.pl" and "bah.php", which was so true back then.

I'm a programmer AND a designer now, and I can see myself naming
PhotoShop (i.e. design files) with those long, more descriptive names
still, but use shorter filenames for quick programming hacks/tests.

Funny. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:05:30 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-F65378.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:39 PM:

> Haha! Still humiliated

I do not doubt that.

Gee, your form of snipping can be fun.

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:05:47 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9B714.520F5%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

>>> I wonder if anyone will take pity on poor Sandman and help him
>>> after the way he treated me when I helped him with his web site.
>>

>> I don't think there is anyone that bases their desicions in this

>> group after your fantasies, Snit.
>
> What fantasies, Sandman?

That you helped anyone with any web site.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:06:51 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9B7F2.520F7%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> It is not hard to set up sharing between a Mac and a PC.
> >
> > Haha! The secret "I know how to fix it but I won't tell you, nananana!"
> >
> > I wouldn't really want someone as computer illiterate as you make any
> > suggestions to me. Actually, it would be ok, then I'd know what NOT to
> > do. It's like your ignorant claims about my web, which were just
> > endorsements that I were doing the right thing.
> >
> > If you apologize for your multiple lies about me I'll consider taking
> > pity on you and at least listen to you, Until then - happy trolling. :)
>
> Please enjoy your sour grapes alone, you lying troll.

You mean these "sour grapes" when I laugh out loud at you? Yeah, I'm
in agony. :-D

Here, have another cup of Denial. :P

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:06:55 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-7CEE12.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:42 PM:

> In article
> <0001HW.C0B99E9F...@newsgroups.bellsouth.net>,
> Tim Murray <no-...@thankyou.com> wrote:
>
>> I rewrote this using PC1, PC2, Mac1, and Mac2, since screwing with those
>> names was a pain, and left it at the bottom of this post.
>>
>> Try this: For any connect from Mac to PC, try this using a specific server
>> address (machinename), user ID, and password, using several formats:
>>
>> smb://userID:password@machinename
>> smb://userID:password@machinename/userID$
>> smb://userID:password@machinename/d$ (or c$)
>
> Neither of this works, as expected. My gaming PC (PC1) can't see any
> other computer on the network, so something is messed up with that
> one, I just don't know what.

The only thing you know is that it is user error. And you are left begging
in CSMA for people to help you... at least there are those who take pity on
you and do.

>> A ways into your write-up you you talk about changing the workgroup of a PC
>> from Home to Workgroup, and the Mac still sees Home. Macs have a problem with
>> cacheing network connection names for too long. How many minutes you have to
>> wait I don't recall, but a reboot might take care of it.
>
> Sure, I can imagine that- But my Macs found PC2 in the workgroup name
> as soon as it had booted, so discovery seems quick.

Maybe if you did not have so much trouble with your network you could fix
the web page of yours we have been discussing.

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:07:41 PM6/17/06
"Mike" <m...@here.net> stated in post
me-FBAE30.16...@news.supernews.com on 6/17/06 1:05 PM:

> In article <mr-4A909A.12...@individual.net>,

> Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
>
>> I went to C: on Forsaken, and tried to share that one, and saw that it
>> was already shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason.
>> I thought that maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare"
>> it, and a dialog came up saying it had been shared for administrative
>> purposes, and if I disable it it will be re-enabled when "Server" is
>> restarted or the machine is restarted.
>
> That's the administrative share, and is always there. Have you never
> networked Windows before?
>

>> Uh, ok... What does that mean? What is "Server"? I proceeded to
>> unshare it and re-share it with the name "C" and added myself as
>> having privileges (which you can't pick from a list, you have too type
>> the name 'Sandman' and then press 'check name' and have it replace it
>> with "FORSAKEN\Sandman", duh).
>
> All names and passwords must be the same. You have to login to all 4
> machines with same name and password for this to work.
>

>> Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
>

> It is, you just don't know what you're doing.

Is there anything Sandman *does* know how to do... other than troll?

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:11:20 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-D7169A.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:01 PM:

> In article <me-FBAE30.16...@news.supernews.com>,
> Mike <m...@here.net> wrote:
>
>>> I went to C: on Forsaken, and tried to share that one, and saw that it
>>> was already shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason.
>>> I thought that maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare"
>>> it, and a dialog came up saying it had been shared for administrative
>>> purposes, and if I disable it it will be re-enabled when "Server" is
>>> restarted or the machine is restarted.
>>
>> That's the administrative share, and is always there. Have you never
>> networked Windows before?
>
> No, not much.

First you say "no", then you say "not much". Which is it? No or not much
(which is an indication that you have - but not much).

> Since it's not as easy as on Macs, I usually use SFTP.

How do you know it is not as easy if you have not done it. Heck, even if
you have, but not much, how do you know being that you are not very bright
and cannot figure out easy things like getting your CSS to validate. Not
without help, anyway. That would not be a big deal, by the way, if you were
not such an ass about it. :)

<http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:13:01 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-D2A2BA.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:05 PM:

<http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>

You were saying? LOL!

Please keep in mind, Sandman, even you have admitted you have talked about
your computer fantasy in CSMA. Why project your own problems on others?

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:14:06 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-A609F7.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:06 PM:

I have no desire to drink with you.

Oh, and your lies are *still* in the Google archive, as discussed here:
<http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>. When did you expect them to go away?

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:16:13 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9BCAA.52113%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
> mr-F65378.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:39 PM:
>
> > Haha! Still humiliated
>
> I do not doubt that.

Well, that's Clyde for you.

> Gee, your form of snipping can be fun.

Glad you're entertaining yourself.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:16:56 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9BE08.52117%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
> mr-D7169A.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:01 PM:

> >> That's the administrative share, and is always there. Have you never
> >> networked Windows before?
> >
> > No, not much.
>
> First you say "no", then you say "not much". Which is it? No or not much
> (which is an indication that you have - but not much).

Still failing basic English, Michael?

> > Since it's not as easy as on Macs, I usually use SFTP.
>
> How do you know it is not as easy if you have not done it.

You would know, had you better reading comprehension skills.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:17:10 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9BC85.52112%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
> mr-F7C2D4.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:37 PM:
>
> >> Anyone who would name his computers "Fantasy" and "Nightmare" has got to be
> >> living a nightmarish fantasy. But knowing you-- it figures.
> >
> > What's the name of your computer?
>
> What makes you think that is relevant? Are you hoping to find company for
> your misery?

Is that why you are posting?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:18:16 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9BCFF.52114%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> >> I rewrote this using PC1, PC2, Mac1, and Mac2, since screwing with those
> >> names was a pain, and left it at the bottom of this post.
> >>
> >> Try this: For any connect from Mac to PC, try this using a specific server
> >> address (machinename), user ID, and password, using several formats:
> >>
> >> smb://userID:password@machinename
> >> smb://userID:password@machinename/userID$
> >> smb://userID:password@machinename/d$ (or c$)
> >
> > Neither of this works, as expected. My gaming PC (PC1) can't see any
> > other computer on the network, so something is messed up with that
> > one, I just don't know what.
>
> The only thing you know is that it is user error.

How do I know that, Michael?

> And you are left begging
> in CSMA for people to help you...

Help me? I didn't even ask for any help. It was an advocacy post. Mac
= Easy, PC = Problems.

>>> A ways into your write-up you you talk about changing the
>>> workgroup of a PC from Home to Workgroup, and the Mac still sees
>>> Home. Macs have a problem with cacheing network connection names
>>> for too long. How many minutes you have to wait I don't recall,
>>> but a reboot might take care of it.
>>
>> Sure, I can imagine that- But my Macs found PC2 in the workgroup
>> name as soon as it had booted, so discovery seems quick.
>
> Maybe if you did not have so much trouble with your network you
> could fix the web page of yours we have been discussing.

Which one?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:18:38 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9BE6D.52121%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> What fantasies, Sandman?
> >
> > That you helped anyone with any web site.
>

> You were saying? LOL!

That you helping anyone with a website is your fantasy.

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:18:31 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-22543E.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:16 PM:

> In article <C0B9BCAA.52113%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
>> mr-F65378.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:39 PM:
>>
>>> Haha! Still humiliated
>>
>> I do not doubt that.
>
> Well, that's Clyde for you.

I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please support your
claim that you and he are the same person.

Oh, and because you are running so much from it, here is the post that
really pissed you off: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>.

I find it amusing watching you run from your lies. :)

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:19:20 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9BD2D.52115%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Mike" <m...@here.net> stated in post
> me-FBAE30.16...@news.supernews.com on 6/17/06 1:05 PM:
>
> > In article <mr-4A909A.12...@individual.net>,
> > Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I went to C: on Forsaken, and tried to share that one, and saw that it
> >> was already shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason.
> >> I thought that maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare"
> >> it, and a dialog came up saying it had been shared for administrative
> >> purposes, and if I disable it it will be re-enabled when "Server" is
> >> restarted or the machine is restarted.
> >
> > That's the administrative share, and is always there. Have you never
> > networked Windows before?
> >
> >> Uh, ok... What does that mean? What is "Server"? I proceeded to
> >> unshare it and re-share it with the name "C" and added myself as
> >> having privileges (which you can't pick from a list, you have too type
> >> the name 'Sandman' and then press 'check name' and have it replace it
> >> with "FORSAKEN\Sandman", duh).
> >
> > All names and passwords must be the same. You have to login to all 4
> > machines with same name and password for this to work.
> >
> >> Why can't Windows be as easy as the Mac, where this would just work?
> >
> > It is, you just don't know what you're doing.
>
> Is there anything Sandman *does* know how to do... other than troll?

I see I've worked you up into full blown frenzy Circus mode here. All
your posts are about me now.

I'm flattered, but married.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:20:01 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9BFB7.5212A%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> I do not doubt that.
> >
> > Well, that's Clyde for you.
>
> I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please support your
> claim that you and he are the same person.

I haven't claimed that Clyde and you are the same person, please
provide proof that your name is Clyde Stoeckel.

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:20:01 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-876BBD.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:17 PM:

Note: no relevant response from Sandman... though he does try to obfuscate
with the following:

> Is that why you are posting?

Of course not. Are you delusional enough to think I am as miserable as you
clearly are?

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:21:28 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-AEA833.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:16 PM:

> In article <C0B9BE08.52117%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
>> mr-D7169A.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:01 PM:

>>> No, not much.
>>
>> First you say "no", then you say "not much". Which is it? No or not much
>> (which is an indication that you have - but not much).

Note: no relevant response from Sandman. He cannot explain why he has
claimed he *has* worked with Windows networking *and* has claimed he has
*not*.

Sandman does, however, try to obfuscate with the following accusations:

> Still failing basic English, Michael?
>
>>> Since it's not as easy as on Macs, I usually use SFTP.
>>
>> How do you know it is not as easy if you have not done it.
>
> You would know, had you better reading comprehension skills.

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:21:56 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9C011.5212E%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> > Is that why you are posting?
>
> Of course not.

Why not?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:22:14 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9C068.5212F%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> > Still failing basic English, Michael?

Well?

--
Sandman[.net]

Mayor of R'lyeh

Jun 17, 2006, 5:23:01 PM6/17/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:03:21 +0200, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> chose to
bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <9mm892hjqr8ksk716...@4ax.com>,
> Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:39:08 +0200, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> chose to
>> bless us with the following wisdom:

>> >Haha! Still humiliated by your display of ignorance with regards to
>> >the disk utilities in Windows? Figures. :)
>>
>> LOL! There was no need to help shore up my position. It was already
>> set in stone.
>
>Exactly

Its good to see that you agree with me.

--
"We believe Internet Explorer is a really good browser.
Internet Explorer is my browser of choice."

Steve Jobs

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:23:08 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-7E4723.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:18 PM:

>>> Neither of this works, as expected. My gaming PC (PC1) can't see any
>>> other computer on the network, so something is messed up with that
>>> one, I just don't know what.
>>
>> The only thing you know is that it is user error.
>
> How do I know that, Michael?

You are the user. It is certainly the most likely thing.

>> And you are left begging in CSMA for people to help you...
>
> Help me? I didn't even ask for any help. It was an advocacy post. Mac
> = Easy, PC = Problems.

So that's what you call your pleas for help these days. OK.

>>> Sure, I can imagine that- But my Macs found PC2 in the workgroup
>>> name as soon as it had booted, so discovery seems quick.
>>
>> Maybe if you did not have so much trouble with your network you
>> could fix the web page of yours we have been discussing.
>
> Which one?

The one we have been discussing. Are you getting help on so many you cannot
keep them straight?

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:24:33 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-CEC313.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:18 PM:

>>> That you helped anyone with any web site.
>>
>> You were saying? LOL!

Note: no relevant response from Sandman... but he did dishonestly snip the
relevant URL: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>

> That you helping anyone with a website is your fantasy.

Gee, Sandman, funny you would say that after I not only helped you I offered
to show you conclusive proof of the fact I teach a web class. LOL! Can't
you *ever* tell the truth?

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:25:32 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-BA37AF.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:20 PM:

>>> Well, that's Clyde for you.
>>
>> I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please support your
>> claim that you and he are the same person.

Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just obfuscations with
contradictions to his above comments, as seen below:

> I haven't claimed that Clyde and you are the same person, please
> provide proof that your name is Clyde Stoeckel.

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:34:53 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-A7693F.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:22 PM:

> Well?

I am, but it is clear you are not.

In the end, Sandman, you have gone into one of your trolling frenzy modes -
all to obfuscate the following facts:

* Sandman flamed me about my web skills and claimed he knew I was not
teaching a web class, but when asked he was not able to even point to
a single web site I had designed, no less a relevant one I had done
for a customer! He also back pedaled and ran when offered to be
shown conclusive proof of the classes I teach. I looked at his site:
<http://www.sandman.net>, posted info on clear flaws and suggestions
for improvement, and Sandman then changed his site to accommodate my
suggestions, including altering the contrast, the white space, making
both the HTML and CSS validate (both had some pretty severe errors), etc.
Instead of thanking me for my assistance, Sandman lied about having
changed his site *even after* I pointed out that the Google cache proved
he had done so. He went so far as to lie and say I only had suggested
getting his HTML to validate. Sandman offered no explanation for the
"magic" change; in other word he did not admit he lied. In the end,
Sandman trolled me and I, being the honest and honorable person I am,
*still* helped Sandman to better his web skills.
* Sandman claimed that Dreamweaver, the number one professional web design
tool, with a command of 80% or so of the market, is used only by
beginners. He did this to try to belittle my use of the tool I use and
teach but ended up just showing off his ignorance.

For more info on Sandman's lies: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>

No doubt you will snip and run, but the Google archive will likely not go
away soon.

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 5:35:05 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-984539.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:21 PM:

Mayor of R'lyeh

Jun 17, 2006, 5:38:32 PM6/17/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:18:31 -0700, Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post

>mr-22543E.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:16 PM:
>
>> In article <C0B9BCAA.52113%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
>> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
>>> mr-F65378.21...@individual.net on 6/17/06 12:39 PM:

>>> I do not doubt that.
>>
>> Well, that's Clyde for you.
>
>I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please support your
>claim that you and he are the same person.

Ugh! What a vile thing to say about me!

>Oh, and because you are running so much from it, here is the post that
>really pissed you off: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>.
>
>I find it amusing watching you run from your lies. :)

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:55:22 PM6/17/06
In article <jks892tg9um4coj1i...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:03:21 +0200, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> chose to
> bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >In article <9mm892hjqr8ksk716...@4ax.com>,
> > Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:39:08 +0200, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> chose to
> >> bless us with the following wisdom:

> >> LOL! There was no need to help shore up my position. It was already
> >> set in stone.
> >

> Exactly my point. :-D
>
> Now go lick your wounds. :P

> Its good to see that you agree with me.

Indeed. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:57:07 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9C0CC.52137%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> >> The only thing you know is that it is user error.
> >
> > How do I know that, Michael?
>
> You are the user. It is certainly the most likely thing.

Do I know it or is it the most likely thing, Michael?

> >> And you are left begging in CSMA for people to help you...
> >
> > Help me? I didn't even ask for any help. It was an advocacy post. Mac
> > = Easy, PC = Problems.
>
> So that's what you call your pleas for help these days.

Nopes. I wouldn't know what I would call a plea for help. Haven't made
one in csma that I can think of.

> >> Maybe if you did not have so much trouble with your network you
> >> could fix the web page of yours we have been discussing.
> >
> > Which one?
>
> The one we have been discussing.

Can you be a little more specific?

> Are you getting help on so many you cannot
> keep them straight?

I can't remember getting help on anyone, which is why I'm confused.
Help me out here, Michael.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:58:09 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9C121.52138%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> You were saying? LOL!
>

> > That you helping anyone with a website is your fantasy.
>
> Gee, Sandman, funny you would say that after I not only helped you

What did yo help me with, Michael?

> I offered to show you conclusive proof of the fact I teach a web
> class.

But you didn't, however, offer proof for your claim of teaching web
design.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 5:58:39 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9C15C.52139%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
> mr-BA37AF.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:20 PM:

> >> I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please support your
> >> claim that you and he are the same person.
>
> Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just obfuscations with
> contradictions to his above comments, as seen below:

I.e. exactly what you did. You're treated the way you treat others.

--
Sandman[.net]

Peter Hayes

Jun 17, 2006, 5:59:02 PM6/17/06
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> I went to C: on Forsaken, and tried to share that one, and saw that it
> was already shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason.
> I thought that maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare"
> it, and a dialog came up saying it had been shared for administrative
> purposes, and if I disable it it will be re-enabled when "Server" is
> restarted or the machine is restarted.

Correct.

Just create another share calling it C this time and it'll work fine.

All workgroups and passwords must be the same.

Or you could just ftp to <IP of Windows machine>/C

--

Peter

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 6:00:50 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9C38D.52144%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> > Well?
>
> I am, but it is clear you are not.

Yes, I know you're failing basic English and I am not.

--
Sandman[.net]

To the question "Still failing basic English, Michael?", Michael
responded with "I am, but it is clear you are not".

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 6:01:22 PM6/17/06
In article <C0B9C399.52145%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> Of course not.
> >
> > Why not?
>
> In the end, Sandman, you have gone into one of your trolling frenzy modes

Is that why you are posting?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 6:02:02 PM6/17/06
In article <rht892lnrrhd5if7d...@4ax.com>,

>>> Well, that's Clyde for you.
>>
>> I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please
>> support your claim that you and he are the same person.
>
> Ugh! What a vile thing to say about me!

Yeah, if I were to create a sock puppet, it wouldn't be as ignorant as
the Mayor. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 17, 2006, 6:03:59 PM6/17/06
In article <1hh3mbo.1xlsn0yglo9ioN%not_i...@btinternet.com>,
not_i...@btinternet.com (Peter Hayes) wrote:

> > I went to C: on Forsaken, and tried to share that one, and saw that it
> > was already shared. Uhm, ok. It's sharename was "C$" for some reason.
> > I thought that maybe something was messed up and tried to "unshare"
> > it, and a dialog came up saying it had been shared for administrative
> > purposes, and if I disable it it will be re-enabled when "Server" is
> > restarted or the machine is restarted.
>
> Correct.
>
> Just create another share calling it C this time and it'll work fine.

Actually (as I said in my post), it didn't.

> Or you could just ftp to <IP of Windows machine>/C

I could, but then I'd have to install a FTP server on the Windows
machine since it doesn't come with one to start with.

--
Sandman[.net]

Mayor of R'lyeh

Jun 17, 2006, 6:27:55 PM6/17/06
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 00:02:02 +0200, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> chose to

bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <rht892lnrrhd5if7d...@4ax.com>,

Creating a sockpuppet with my level of knowledge would be a major step
up for you.

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 6:54:45 PM6/17/06
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
rht892lnrrhd5if7d...@4ax.com on 6/17/06 2:38 PM:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:18:31 -0700, Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
>> mr-22543E.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:16 PM:

>>> Well, that's Clyde for you.
>>
>> I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please support your
>> claim that you and he are the same person.
>
> Ugh! What a vile thing to say about me!

Well, Sandman stated "Haha! Still humiliated", I commented that I did not
doubt he was, and then he made a comment that only make sense if you believe
he and you are the same person.

For the record: I do not believe Sandman.

>> Oh, and because you are running so much from it, here is the post that
>> really pissed you off: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>.
>>
>> I find it amusing watching you run from your lies. :)

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 6:56:55 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-1DE7BD.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:58 PM:

Um, Sandman, you declined the offer. Can't you remember *anything*? In the

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 6:58:42 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-6F09D4.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:57 PM:

>>> How do I know that, Michael?
>>
>> You are the user. It is certainly the most likely thing.
>
> Do I know it or is it the most likely thing, Michael?

Ah, you may be ignorant about that, too. Good point. Sorry if I mistakenly
assumed you knew something. My mistake.

>>> Help me? I didn't even ask for any help. It was an advocacy post. Mac
>>> = Easy, PC = Problems.
>>
>> So that's what you call your pleas for help these days.
>
> Nopes. I wouldn't know what I would call a plea for help. Haven't made
> one in csma that I can think of.

Who do you think you are kidding:

* Sandman flamed me about my web skills and claimed he knew I was not
teaching a web class, but when asked he was not able to even point to
a single web site I had designed, no less a relevant one I had done
for a customer! He also back pedaled and ran when offered to be
shown conclusive proof of the classes I teach. I looked at his site:
<http://www.sandman.net>, posted info on clear flaws and suggestions
for improvement, and Sandman then changed his site to accommodate my
suggestions, including altering the contrast, the white space, making
both the HTML and CSS validate (both had some pretty severe errors), etc.
Instead of thanking me for my assistance, Sandman lied about having
changed his site *even after* I pointed out that the Google cache proved
he had done so. He went so far as to lie and say I only had suggested
getting his HTML to validate. Sandman offered no explanation for the
"magic" change; in other word he did not admit he lied. In the end,
Sandman trolled me and I, being the honest and honorable person I am,
*still* helped Sandman to better his web skills.
* Sandman claimed that Dreamweaver, the number one professional web design
tool, with a command of 80% or so of the market, is used only by
beginners. He did this to try to belittle my use of the tool I use and
teach but ended up just showing off his ignorance.

For more info on Sandman's lies: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>

No doubt you will snip and run, but the Google archive will likely not go
away soon.

>>> Which one?
>>
>> The one we have been discussing.
>
> Can you be a little more specific?
>
>> Are you getting help on so many you cannot
>> keep them straight?
>
> I can't remember getting help on anyone, which is why I'm confused.
> Help me out here, Michael.

You will just have to remain confused, Sandman. I doubt you have been
anything but that in your entire life.

--
€ Things which are not the same are not "identical"
€ Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree)
€ OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD)

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 6:59:28 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-E9B5CD.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:58 PM:

> In article <C0B9C15C.52139%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
>> mr-BA37AF.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:20 PM:

>> Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just obfuscations with
>> contradictions to his above comments, as seen below:

Note: no relevant response from Sandman - just more of his snipping,
running, and trolling. Oh, and below he blames others for his poor actions:

> I.e. exactly what you did. You're treated the way you treat others.

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 7:00:37 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-B3AFBA.00...@individual.net on 6/17/06 3:00 PM:

>>> Well?
>>
>> I am, but it is clear you are not.

Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just more of his arbitrary insults,
below:

> Yes, I know you're failing basic English and I am not.

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 7:01:29 PM6/17/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-9B1394.00...@individual.net on 6/17/06 3:01 PM:

I do enjoy your frenzy modes, but I would enjoy it more if you grew up and
could hold an adult conversation. You could start by not running from the
following:

Elizabot v2.0.3

Jun 17, 2006, 7:30:27 PM6/17/06
Sandman wrote:

> What's the name of your computer?

Cheese.

MuahMan

Jun 17, 2006, 8:11:51 PM6/17/06

"Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote in message

> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
> mr-BA37AF.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:20 PM:

>>> I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please support
>>> your
>>> claim that you and he are the same person.
>
> Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just obfuscations with
> contradictions to his above comments, as seen below:
>>
>> I haven't claimed that Clyde and you are the same person, please
>> provide proof that your name is Clyde Stoeckel.

Sandman is a Swede. What more do you need to know. They still have a king
and queen. LOL

> --
> ? As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
> ? If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")
> ? One can be guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted

MuahMan

Jun 17, 2006, 8:15:29 PM6/17/06

> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
> mr-E9B5CD.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:58 PM:
>
>> In article <C0B9C15C.52139%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
>> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
>>> mr-BA37AF.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:20 PM:

>>> Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just obfuscations with
>>> contradictions to his above comments, as seen below:
>
> Note: no relevant response from Sandman - just more of his snipping,
> running, and trolling. Oh, and below he blames others for his poor
> actions:
>>
>> I.e. exactly what you did. You're treated the way you treat others.

Sandman is one step away from being a drooling vegetable. What is the point
of Sweden in general.
Do they serve any purpose? Do they manufacture a single god damn thing. They
are a nation of cowards
that surrenedered to German without firing so much as a shot. Can you
imagine Sandman if faced with a situtation where
he actually had to fight! LOL. It would be like watch Alan Baker trying to
play a sport, he'd look like he had Downs Syndrome.

> --
> ? As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
> ? If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")
> ? One can be guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted

MuahMan

Jun 17, 2006, 8:16:48 PM6/17/06

> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
> rht892lnrrhd5if7d...@4ax.com on 6/17/06 2:38 PM:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:18:31 -0700, Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
>> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>>
>>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
>>> mr-22543E.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:16 PM:

>>> I do not believe that he is one of your sock puppets. Please support
>>> your
>>> claim that you and he are the same person.
>>
>> Ugh! What a vile thing to say about me!
>
> Well, Sandman stated "Haha! Still humiliated", I commented that I did not
> doubt he was, and then he made a comment that only make sense if you
> believe
> he and you are the same person.
>
> For the record: I do not believe Sandman.

Does anyone. He is perhaps the most useless being on planet earth. What do
people do for work
in Sweden anyway? They offer nothing to the planet.

>>> Oh, and because you are running so much from it, here is the post that
>>> really pissed you off: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>.
>>>
>>> I find it amusing watching you run from your lies. :)
>

> --

> ? Some people do use the term "screen name" in relation to IRC
> ? Teaching is a "real job"
> ? The tilde in an OS X path does *not* mean "the hard drive only"

MuahMan

Jun 17, 2006, 8:20:31 PM6/17/06

> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
> mr-CEC313.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:18 PM:

>>> You were saying? LOL!
>
> Note: no relevant response from Sandman... but he did dishonestly snip the
> relevant URL: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>
>
>> That you helping anyone with a website is your fantasy.
>
> Gee, Sandman, funny you would say that after I not only helped you I
> offered
> to show you conclusive proof of the fact I teach a web class. LOL! Can't
> you *ever* tell the truth?

Sandman is a retard. I mean seriously. He has Downs Syndrome, uses cork on
his fork so he doesn't hurt himself. He is a coward as well since he is
Swedish.
> --
> ? Some people do use the term "screen name" in relation to IRC
> ? Teaching is a "real job"
> ? The tilde in an OS X path does *not* mean "the hard drive only"

MuahMan

Jun 17, 2006, 8:22:17 PM6/17/06

"Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote in message

Sandman.net. LOL. He has claim to the most useless website on planet earth.
He has to be fully retarded. I mean Special Olympics drool on himself
retarded to make a site that ugly, poorly formatted, and utterly useless.

> --
> ? As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
> ? If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")
> ? One can be guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted

MuahMan

Jun 17, 2006, 8:24:18 PM6/17/06

"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

Don't try it. An FTP install is way to steep for a retard with Downs
Syndrome like yourself.

> --
> Sandman[.net]

Message has been deleted

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 9:16:06 PM6/17/06
"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> stated in post
LsGdnZjXxrjeBwnZ...@adelphia.com on 6/17/06 5:11 PM:

> "Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote in message
>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
>> mr-BA37AF.23...@individual.net on 6/17/06 2:20 PM:

>> Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just obfuscations with
>> contradictions to his above comments, as seen below:
>>>
>>> I haven't claimed that Clyde and you are the same person, please
>>> provide proof that your name is Clyde Stoeckel.
>>>

> Sandman is a Swede. What more do you need to know. They still have a king
> and queen. LOL

I do not know much about Swedes... but I doubt the whole country is filled
with people like Sandman. Oh, man, can you image - the whole country would
collapse.

--
€ Some people do use the term "screen name" in relation to IRC
€ Teaching is a "real job"
€ The tilde in an OS X path does *not* mean "the hard drive only"

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 9:20:50 PM6/17/06
"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> stated in post
OsSdnbjUbK67BgnZ...@adelphia.com on 6/17/06 5:15 PM:

>> Note: no relevant response from Sandman - just more of his snipping,
>> running, and trolling. Oh, and below he blames others for his poor
>> actions:
>>>
>>> I.e. exactly what you did. You're treated the way you treat others.
>>

> Sandman is one step away from being a drooling vegetable.

Is he one step above or below?

> What is the point of Sweden in general.
> Do they serve any purpose? Do they manufacture a single god damn thing. They
> are a nation of cowards

I would not say they are all like Sandman. Heck, the Swedish chef was more
coherent then he generally is.

> that surrenedered to German without firing so much as a shot. Can you imagine
> Sandman if faced with a situtation where he actually had to fight! LOL.

He snips and run in CSMA - if he cannot handle facts presented here I doubt
he could handle much in real life.

[Insert Sandman asking "what facts"... LOL!]

Snit

Jun 17, 2006, 9:25:16 PM6/17/06
"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> stated in post
c-2dnVlg4PErAQnZ...@adelphia.com on 6/17/06 5:22 PM:

What amazes me is how ignorant Sandman is *while* he claims to be an expert.
What web expert would think Dreamweaver is used by beginners only? What web
expert would belittle someone else's site *even though* they not only can't
find the person's site (even with hints) they publicly took web design
advice from the person they are belittling.

I have never claimed to be a top notch web designer - but, heck, by jumping
to take my advice Sandman makes it clear he knows I am his superior.

--
€ As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
€ If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")
€ One can be guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted

MuahMan

Jun 17, 2006, 9:48:45 PM6/17/06

"Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote in message

Not to mention his atrocious photographs. Someone inform the drooling
vegetable Sandman of COMPOSITION. Worst photographer ever.

> --
> ? As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
> ? If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")
> ? One can be guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted

Snit

Jun 18, 2006, 2:27:58 AM6/18/06
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
5d099259g0g8sbq79...@4ax.com on 6/17/06 3:27 PM:

> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 00:02:02 +0200, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> chose to
> bless us with the following wisdom:

>>> Ugh! What a vile thing to say about me!
>>
>> Yeah, if I were to create a sock puppet, it wouldn't be as ignorant as
>> the Mayor. :)
>
> Creating a sockpuppet with my level of knowledge would be a major step
> up for you.

Unlike Sandman, you have never flamed me as you took my advice. Sandman is
simply pathetic and his sock puppets are undoubtedly no better.

Sandman

Jun 18, 2006, 3:24:29 AM6/18/06
In article <5d099259g0g8sbq79...@4ax.com>,

> >> Ugh! What a vile thing to say about me!
> >
> >Yeah, if I were to create a sock puppet, it wouldn't be as ignorant as
> >the Mayor. :)
>
> Creating a sockpuppet with my level of knowledge would be a major step
> up for you.

Haha! Says the guy that thinks hillbillies is a racial slur.

Keep em coming, Clyde. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 18, 2006, 3:25:02 AM6/18/06
In article <C0B9D7D9.52170%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> In the end, Sandman, you have gone into one of your trolling frenzy modes
> >
> > Is that why you are posting?
>
> I do enjoy your frenzy modes

Good, and I like yours. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 18, 2006, 3:25:32 AM6/18/06
In article <C0B9D7A5.5216F%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> I am, but it is clear you are not.
> >

> > Yes, I know you're failing basic English and I am not.

Glad to see that you don't disagree.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 18, 2006, 3:26:19 AM6/18/06
In article <C0B9D6C7.5216B%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> >> I offered to show you conclusive proof of the fact I teach a web
> >> class.
> >
> > But you didn't, however, offer proof for your claim of teaching web
> > design.
>
> Um, Sandman, you declined the offer.

You mean the unrelated offer to prove that you teach an unrelated
dreamweaver class? I ignored that offer since it was irrelevant to
your claim that you teach web design.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 18, 2006, 3:26:37 AM6/18/06
In article <c-2dnVlg4PErAQnZ...@adelphia.com>,
"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sandman.net. LOL. He has claim to the most useless website on planet earth.
> He has to be fully retarded. I mean Special Olympics drool on himself
> retarded to make a site that ugly, poorly formatted, and utterly useless.

Thanks for the endorsement :)

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 18, 2006, 3:28:53 AM6/18/06
In article <C0B9D732.5216C%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> You are the user. It is certainly the most likely thing.
> >
> > Do I know it or is it the most likely thing, Michael?
>
> Ah, you may be ignorant about that, too.

I'm most definately "ignorant" about wether this is a user error.

> >> So that's what you call your pleas for help these days.
> >
> > Nopes. I wouldn't know what I would call a plea for help. Haven't made
> > one in csma that I can think of.
>
> Who do you think you are kidding

No one. Why?

> >> The one we have been discussing.
> >
> > Can you be a little more specific?

Well? Can you?

> >> Are you getting help on so many you cannot
> >> keep them straight?
> >
> > I can't remember getting help on anyone, which is why I'm confused.
> > Help me out here, Michael.
>
> You will just have to remain confused, Sandman.

Because you can't actually support your claim? Sure, gotcha.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 18, 2006, 3:29:45 AM6/18/06
In article <me-94D662.20...@news.supernews.com>,
Mike <m...@here.net> wrote:

> > > All names and passwords must be the same. You have to login to all 4
> > > machines with same name and password for this to work.
> >
> > Actually, I do. They're all the same. Silly limitation, though.
>
> It's not a "limitation", it's called security. Would you rather have
> anyone who logs in able to connect to everything?

Eh? I would rather be able to specify login/password when I connect.
Surely this is possible?

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Jun 18, 2006, 3:55:15 AM6/18/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-CF7160.09...@individual.net on 6/18/06 12:25 AM:

>>> Is that why you are posting?

Note: Sandman did exactly as predicted and snipped and ran from the above.

> Good, and I like yours. :)

Whatever.

Snit

Jun 18, 2006, 3:57:43 AM6/18/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-A122E1.09...@individual.net on 6/18/06 12:25 AM:

>> Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just more of his arbitrary insults,
>> below:

Note: Still no relevant response from Sandman.
All Sandman can do these days is snip, run, and spew insults.

I do wish, Sandman, that you could grow up and hold an adult conversation.
You could start by giving an honest respond to the following:

[...]

Snit

Jun 18, 2006, 3:59:25 AM6/18/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-69732E.09...@individual.net on 6/18/06 12:26 AM:

>>> But you didn't, however, offer proof for your claim of teaching web
>>> design.
>>

>> Um, Sandman, you declined the offer.'

Note: no relevant response from Sandman, just blabbering from him to try to
obfuscate the fact that he declined my offer and then, above, whined that I
did not complete it.

In any case, Sandman is still avoiding the facts:

* Sandman flamed me about my web skills and claimed he knew I was not
teaching a web class, but when asked he was not able to even point to
a single web site I had designed, no less a relevant one I had done
for a customer! He also back pedaled and ran when offered to be
shown conclusive proof of the classes I teach. I looked at his site:
<http://www.sandman.net>, posted info on clear flaws and suggestions
for improvement, and Sandman then changed his site to accommodate my
suggestions, including altering the contrast, the white space, making
both the HTML and CSS validate (both had some pretty severe errors), etc.
Instead of thanking me for my assistance, Sandman lied about having
changed his site *even after* I pointed out that the Google cache proved
he had done so. He went so far as to lie and say I only had suggested
getting his HTML to validate. Sandman offered no explanation for the
"magic" change; in other word he did not admit he lied. In the end,
Sandman trolled me and I, being the honest and honorable person I am,
*still* helped Sandman to better his web skills.
* Sandman claimed that Dreamweaver, the number one professional web design
tool, with a command of 80% or so of the market, is used only by
beginners. He did this to try to belittle my use of the tool I use and
teach but ended up just showing off his ignorance.

For more info on Sandman's lies: <http://snipurl.com/Sandman_Lie2>

> You mean the unrelated offer to prove that you teach an unrelated
> dreamweaver class? I ignored that offer since it was irrelevant to
> your claim that you teach web design.

Snit

Jun 18, 2006, 4:00:27 AM6/18/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-960164.09...@individual.net on 6/18/06 12:28 AM:

Note: Sandman failed completely to rise to an adult level in his response.
The facts he is running from:

[...]

Sandman

Jun 18, 2006, 4:05:51 AM6/18/06
In article <C0B9F98C.521B3%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> I have never claimed to be a top notch web designer - but, heck, by jumping
> to take my advice Sandman makes it clear he knows I am his superior.

Hahahahahahaaaaaa!!!

You had me actually laughing for real there.

That HAS to be the funniest thing you ever said. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

It is loading more messages.