10.4.1 Update - Zero Problems On Two Machines

John

May 16, 2005, 10:56:09 PM5/16/05
Title says it all. Applied 10.4.1 via Software Update to both my Powerbook
and Dual G5 with ZERO problems. Works great. Thought I would write this
before Tom shows up tomorrow with "Lots" of problems.

Randy Howard

May 16, 2005, 11:17:09 PM5/16/05
In article <118ina9...@news.supernews.com>, nos...@nospam.com
says...

> Title says it all. Applied 10.4.1 via Software Update to both my Powerbook
> and Dual G5 with ZERO problems. Works great. Thought I would write this
> before Tom shows up tomorrow with "Lots" of problems.

I thought briefly that my printer problem was gone, as the proper HP
model showed up in the list when I tried adding it again after the
update. Unfortunately, something is still wrong, as it hardcodes (no
edit capability) the system location to be the Mac, even though I browsed
the network and saw the printer on a remote Windows box. So, it thinks
it's printing, says it works, then drops it in the bit bucket. Never
hits the remote system's print queue. Mystery continues.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
"If the evidence doesn't seem to fit a particular conspiracy theory,

George Graves

May 17, 2005, 12:11:22 AM5/17/05
In article <118ina9...@news.supernews.com>,
"John" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

Same here.

--
George Graves
------------------

Snit

May 17, 2005, 1:36:32 AM5/17/05
"George Graves" <gmgra...@pacbell.net> stated in post
gmgravesnos-6117...@newssvr13-ext.news.prodigy.com on 5/16/05
9:11 PM:

> In article <118ina9...@news.supernews.com>,
> "John" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Title says it all. Applied 10.4.1 via Software Update to both my Powerbook
>> and Dual G5 with ZERO problems. Works great. Thought I would write this
>> before Tom shows up tomorrow with "Lots" of problems.
>
> Same here.

No problems here, either... but the Widget exploit still works:

http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~aaron/files/widgets/

That is a shame...

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

MR_ED_of_Course

May 17, 2005, 3:03:51 AM5/17/05
in article BEAED0F0.19189%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, Snit at
SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID wrote on 5/16/05 10:36 PM:

> "George Graves" <gmgra...@pacbell.net> stated in post
> gmgravesnos-6117...@newssvr13-ext.news.prodigy.com on 5/16/05
> 9:11 PM:
>
>> In article <118ina9...@news.supernews.com>,
>> "John" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Title says it all. Applied 10.4.1 via Software Update to both my Powerbook
>>> and Dual G5 with ZERO problems. Works great. Thought I would write this
>>> before Tom shows up tomorrow with "Lots" of problems.
>>
>> Same here.
>
> No problems here, either... but the Widget exploit still works:
>
> http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~aaron/files/widgets/
>
> That is a shame...

No it doesn't and no it isn't.

That's just what this topic needs, more FUD.

Snit

May 17, 2005, 3:19:33 AM5/17/05
"MR_ED_of_Course" <OhNo...@pacbell.net> stated in post
BEAEE567.2ACB4%OhNo...@pacbell.net on 5/17/05 12:03 AM:

Form that page:

---------
Demonstration Exploit

WARNING! This example exploit page will:
1. download a single .zip file
2. In Safari on OS X 10.4, auto-install a Stickies widget to your Dashboard
Bar that replaces the Apple-supplied widget.
3. Upon dragging the `Evil Stickies' widget out of the Dashboard Bar,
request (and receive) full system access, unpacks a binary executable, and
runs a Perl script to speak some greetings.
I have received feedback that due to an unrelated Dashboard bug, you might
have to scroll the Dashboard Bar once or twice before you can drag new
widgets from it.

None of these widgets does anything actually malicious. (My school would
kill me if I were distributing malware from their servers :-)

To get rid of the evil `Stickies' widget, simply go to ~/Library/Widgets,
and delete the widget named `Stickies.wdgt'. It will be gone -- and the
normal Apple widget back again -- the next time you invoke the Dashboard.

If and only if you understand those removal instructions, you may now try
the example exploit:

exploit.html <http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~aaron/files/widgets/exploit.html>

I'd appreciate feedback on how these widgets behaved on your system. Did the
Stickies widget require confirmation to run? Did the widget displace the
Apple one from your Dashboard Bar?
--------

And the exploit still works on OS X 10.4.1.

Try it - click the link and then open a new Stickies in the dashboard... to
fix it, simply remove:

~/Library/Widgets/Stickies.wdgt

Then, if you want to be extra safe, log out and back in (cycling pages in
Dashboard should work).

It does no harm, but I have no reason to think it could not very easily do
so.

--
"If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

Sandman

May 17, 2005, 3:28:10 AM5/17/05
In article <118ina9...@news.supernews.com>, "John" <nos...@nospam.com>
wrote:

> Title says it all. Applied 10.4.1 via Software Update to both my Powerbook

> and Dual G5 with ZERO problems. Works great. Thought I would write this
> before Tom shows up tomorrow with "Lots" of problems.

Updates can cause problems? :)

--
Sandman[.net]

MR_ED_of_Course

May 17, 2005, 3:32:46 AM5/17/05
in article BEAEE915.191A8%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, Snit at
SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID wrote on 5/17/05 12:19 AM:

> "MR_ED_of_Course" <OhNo...@pacbell.net> stated in post
> BEAEE567.2ACB4%OhNo...@pacbell.net on 5/17/05 12:03 AM:
>
>> in article BEAED0F0.19189%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, Snit at
>> SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID wrote on 5/16/05 10:36 PM:
>>
>>> "George Graves" <gmgra...@pacbell.net> stated in post
>>> gmgravesnos-6117...@newssvr13-ext.news.prodigy.com on 5/16/05
>>> 9:11 PM:

>>> No problems here, either... but the Widget exploit still works:
>>>
>>> http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~aaron/files/widgets/
>>>
>>> That is a shame...
>>
>> No it doesn't and no it isn't.
>>
>> That's just what this topic needs, more FUD.

[snip]

> And the exploit still works on OS X 10.4.1.

[snip]

No, it doesn't still work in 10.4.1.

The hole which allows for the exploit is not that a file could be
auto-downloaded. This can, and will always be the case. This is not a bad
thing, nor a hole.

The hole was not that widgets are easy to knowingly install. The hole was
not that you could download a widget and install it with one click.

The hole was that in the default configuration, one could argue that a
widget could auto-download from a webpage with a meta-refresh and
auto-install with someone who was not paying attention or taking
precautions...the skill level of a person who would allow that to happen was
debatable, but there was some level at which some percentage of users could
be expected to let it happen if there was someone who took the risks of
exploiting the hole.

In 10.4.1 under the default install, there is a barrier...

Go to that same page with a default 10.4.1 install. When the widget is
downloaded, the user is told that they have downloaded an application and
asked if they want to install it. Once the user agrees to that new pop-up
warning, they still must go to Dashboard and launch the widget.

Now I'm sure people will argue that this is not good enough, but people have
*always* (at least since the meta-refresh tag was created) able to
auto-download an app.

There is no way to prevent people from downloading Trojans, all that can be
done is warn people when a Trojan may be being download when a user isn't
aware a download is taking place and restricting what a Trojan can do
without warning.

Snit

May 17, 2005, 3:50:59 AM5/17/05
"MR_ED_of_Course" <OhNo...@pacbell.net> stated in post
BEAEEC2D.2ACBE%OhNo...@pacbell.net on 5/17/05 12:32 AM:

>> And the exploit still works on OS X 10.4.1.
> [snip]
>
> No, it doesn't still work in 10.4.1.

I do, to some extent, stand corrected. Still, the risk is still more than
it should be. See below:

> The hole which allows for the exploit is not that a file could be
> auto-downloaded. This can, and will always be the case. This is not a bad
> thing, nor a hole.
>
> The hole was not that widgets are easy to knowingly install. The hole was
> not that you could download a widget and install it with one click.
>
> The hole was that in the default configuration, one could argue that a
> widget could auto-download from a webpage with a meta-refresh and
> auto-install with someone who was not paying attention or taking
> precautions...the skill level of a person who would allow that to happen was
> debatable, but there was some level at which some percentage of users could
> be expected to let it happen if there was someone who took the risks of
> exploiting the hole.
>
> In 10.4.1 under the default install, there is a barrier...
>
> Go to that same page with a default 10.4.1 install. When the widget is
> downloaded, the user is told that they have downloaded an application and
> asked if they want to install it. Once the user agrees to that new pop-up
> warning, they still must go to Dashboard and launch the widget.

OK... the user is asked if they want to *download* an application... that is
a change (for widgets) - one that is definitely there for the better and one
that I overlooked. I was thinking that warning was there before (I know it
was for most other apps).

Still, to the naïve user it appears that the Apple "stickies" widget is the
one being opened... when that is not the case at all. There should be some
warning that the "real" stickies is being "hidden".

> Now I'm sure people will argue that this is not good enough, but people have
> *always* (at least since the meta-refresh tag was created) able to
> auto-download an app.

But applications have not
* moved themselves to the /Applications folder
* replaced a standard icon on the dock

In essence this is what the "evil" Stickies widget does.

NashtOn

May 17, 2005, 6:40:51 AM5/17/05

Why is it that Mac users feel the need to point out that an update
doesn't cause any problems? I imagine it's a rare thing;)

Nicolas

John

May 17, 2005, 8:01:17 AM5/17/05

Of course they can. On any OS. But OS X has no more problems than any
other.

Tom Elam

May 17, 2005, 10:07:50 AM5/17/05

the issues have already started

From my fav site, macfixit

I also had (and still have) a problem of System Profiler crashing when
checking the Firewire option in the menu. It then goes to the two
messages mentioned earlier (the restart and retry) but fails in both.
The option to send to Apple also fails. I have a Firewire/USB 2 card
installed with nothing currently connected.

AND

But it breaks httpmail, whose developer had come up with a very slick,
new, Tiger version (1.44). Please, Apple, don't force me to go to
hotmail.com ever, ever!

MR ED

May 17, 2005, 1:13:28 PM5/17/05
in article BEAEF073.1923A%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, Snit at
SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID wrote on 5/17/05 12:50 AM:

> "MR_ED_of_Course" <OhNo...@pacbell.net> stated in post
> BEAEEC2D.2ACBE%OhNo...@pacbell.net on 5/17/05 12:32 AM:

[snip]

> OK... the user is asked if they want to *download* an application... that is
> a change (for widgets) - one that is definitely there for the better and one
> that I overlooked. I was thinking that warning was there before (I know it
> was for most other apps).
>
> Still, to the naïve user it appears that the Apple "stickies" widget is the
> one being opened... when that is not the case at all. There should be some
> warning that the "real" stickies is being "hidden".

I'm not sure how Dashboard could analyze this in a way that is 100%
effective, and anything less than 100% makes things worse due to the false
sense of security.

>> Now I'm sure people will argue that this is not good enough, but people have
>> *always* (at least since the meta-refresh tag was created) able to
>> auto-download an app.
>
> But applications have not
> * moved themselves to the /Applications folder
> * replaced a standard icon on the dock
>
> In essence this is what the "evil" Stickies widget does.

Actually, applications have erased entire hard drives...of course those are
legitimate applications. An application could do anything if given
permission. This is why the potential for a Trojan will always be there.

Any application that is downloaded *could* be malicious. The idea is to
only download applications from trusted sources. That is the user's
responsibility. It is the responsibility of the vendor (Apple), to ensure
that the user knows when an application is being downloaded.

See my reply in "Dashboard, Malware, and a Theory" for how this is different
from Active X.

Snit

May 17, 2005, 1:41:43 PM5/17/05
"MR ED" <OhNo...@forme.com> stated in post BEAF7447.47D1%OhNo...@forme.com
on 5/17/05 10:13 AM:

> in article BEAEF073.1923A%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, Snit at
> SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID wrote on 5/17/05 12:50 AM:
>
>> "MR_ED_of_Course" <OhNo...@pacbell.net> stated in post
>> BEAEEC2D.2ACBE%OhNo...@pacbell.net on 5/17/05 12:32 AM:
>
> [snip]
>
>> OK... the user is asked if they want to *download* an application... that is
>> a change (for widgets) - one that is definitely there for the better and one
>> that I overlooked. I was thinking that warning was there before (I know it
>> was for most other apps).
>>
>> Still, to the naïve user it appears that the Apple "stickies" widget is the
>> one being opened... when that is not the case at all. There should be some
>> warning that the "real" stickies is being "hidden".
>
> I'm not sure how Dashboard could analyze this in a way that is 100%
> effective, and anything less than 100% makes things worse due to the false
> sense of security.

Allow duplicate names on the Dashboard. If you see two - one has been
added. Since they are alphabetical, they should be next to each other.

>>> Now I'm sure people will argue that this is not good enough, but people have
>>> *always* (at least since the meta-refresh tag was created) able to
>>> auto-download an app.
>>
>> But applications have not
>> * moved themselves to the /Applications folder
>> * replaced a standard icon on the dock
>>
>> In essence this is what the "evil" Stickies widget does.
>
> Actually, applications have erased entire hard drives...

Not prior to being launched.... "evil" stickies does the above just by being
downloaded.

--
"Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs

MR ED

May 17, 2005, 3:57:39 PM5/17/05
in article BEAF7AE7.1945C%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, Snit at
SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID wrote on 5/17/05 10:41 AM:

> "MR ED" <OhNo...@forme.com> stated in post BEAF7447.47D1%OhNo...@forme.com
> on 5/17/05 10:13 AM:
>
>> in article BEAEF073.1923A%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, Snit at
>> SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID wrote on 5/17/05 12:50 AM:
>>
>>> "MR_ED_of_Course" <OhNo...@pacbell.net> stated in post
>>> BEAEEC2D.2ACBE%OhNo...@pacbell.net on 5/17/05 12:32 AM:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> OK... the user is asked if they want to *download* an application... that is
>>> a change (for widgets) - one that is definitely there for the better and one
>>> that I overlooked. I was thinking that warning was there before (I know it
>>> was for most other apps).
>>>
>>> Still, to the naïve user it appears that the Apple "stickies" widget is the
>>> one being opened... when that is not the case at all. There should be some
>>> warning that the "real" stickies is being "hidden".
>>
>> I'm not sure how Dashboard could analyze this in a way that is 100%
>> effective, and anything less than 100% makes things worse due to the false
>> sense of security.
>
> Allow duplicate names on the Dashboard. If you see two - one has been
> added. Since they are alphabetical, they should be next to each other.

This has implications that I for one would not want. How about instead we
warn users and make them take two actions before launching a malware widget
that has been auto-downloaded, and allow for changes to the default
configuration as well as 3rd party add-ons that require a whole song and
dance to be performed if necessary?

>>> But applications have not
>>> * moved themselves to the /Applications folder
>>> * replaced a standard icon on the dock
>>>
>>> In essence this is what the "evil" Stickies widget does.
>>
>> Actually, applications have erased entire hard drives...
>
> Not prior to being launched.... "evil" stickies does the above just by being
> downloaded.

Yes, but the "evil stickies" needs to be launched before doing anything
"evil", confronting the user with two actions they must take beforehand (and
even more if changed from the default configuration) while a downloaded
application can do evil with only one user action (launching, which is just
one of the required actions for the "evil stickies").

Snit

May 17, 2005, 4:14:34 PM5/17/05
"MR ED" <OhNo...@forme.com> stated in post BEAF9AC1.4862%OhNo...@forme.com
on 5/17/05 12:57 PM:

Not sure what you mean...

>>> Actually, applications have erased entire hard drives...
>>
>> Not prior to being launched.... "evil" stickies does the above just by being
>> downloaded.
>
> Yes, but the "evil stickies" needs to be launched before doing anything
> "evil", confronting the user with two actions they must take beforehand (and
> even more if changed from the default configuration) while a downloaded
> application can do evil with only one user action (launching, which is just
> one of the required actions for the "evil stickies").

Widgets are allowed to do things analogous to what I list above:

* moved themselves to the /Applications folder
* replaced a standard icon on the dock

I maintain that this is not a good thing, and makes it more likely that a
user will launch an unknown program on accident. This is simply not a good
thing.

Another solution: do not have the widgets get auto-moved to the /Widgets
folder... have them be installed the way Pref panes are, where the user gets
to select if they are for the user or all users... this has a precedence in
OS X, is informative, and puts the user in control.

Widgets can still "replace" standard ones, but there could be a warning
about that in the installation dialog as well.

--
Picture of a tuna milkshake: http://snipurl.com/bh6q
Feel free to ask for the recipe.

MR ED

May 17, 2005, 4:07:19 PM5/17/05
in article ojuj81dgoit8fpf1t...@4ax.com, Tom Elam at
tom_...@earthlink.net wrote on 5/17/05 7:07 AM:

> On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:56:09 -0700, "John" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Title says it all. Applied 10.4.1 via Software Update to both my Powerbook
>> and Dual G5 with ZERO problems. Works great. Thought I would write this
>> before Tom shows up tomorrow with "Lots" of problems.
>>

> the issues have already started
>
> From my fav site, macfixit
>
> I also had (and still have) a problem of System Profiler crashing when
> checking the Firewire option in the menu. It then goes to the two
> messages mentioned earlier (the restart and retry) but fails in both.
> The option to send to Apple also fails. I have a Firewire/USB 2 card
> installed with nothing currently connected.

Wow, that's really searching for a problem. He has no FireWire or USB
device connected to a 3rd party FireWire/USB2 card and System Profiler
crashes when selecting the info tab for FireWire. Maybe it's a problem with
the card, but I gotta wonder why exactly this would be much of a problem as
long as the card actually works.

In any case, I have two Macs with different FireWire/USB2 cards in them with
10.4.1, neither of which can reproduce the error.

Tim Adams

May 17, 2005, 8:36:10 PM5/17/05
In article <BEAF7AE7.1945C%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

Better still, at least IMO, is to add number in front of all the Widgets you
currently have. They will sort numerically. IF you are creative and number them
10, 20,30,... then new ones will be at the end AND you have a way of adding the
new one anyplace the list without renumbering them all.

--
reguarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting

Tim

Snit

May 17, 2005, 9:19:38 PM5/17/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-9C4758.20...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/17/05
5:36 PM:

>>> I'm not sure how Dashboard could analyze this in a way that is 100%
>>> effective, and anything less than 100% makes things worse due to the false
>>> sense of security.
>>
>> Allow duplicate names on the Dashboard. If you see two - one has been
>> added. Since they are alphabetical, they should be next to each other.
>
> Better still, at least IMO, is to add number in front of all the Widgets you
> currently have.

Do you mean Apple should ship them that way or that as a user people should
do this?

If you mean Apple should ship them this way then it would be easy for
malware writers to add the number.

If you mean a user should do this as protection, it would only protect
knowledgeable users - the ones who are not likely to fall for the Trojan.

There may be, however, a small number of people with some level of ability
to alter files but no real understanding of what is going on as they use the
computer where your suggestion might be of help - so for you it likely is a
good idea.

> They will sort numerically. IF you are creative and number
> them 10, 20,30,... then new ones will be at the end AND you have a way of
> adding the new one anyplace the list without renumbering them all.

I think your suggestion would work well for you, assuming you can find both
the /Library/Widgets and the ~/Library/Widgets.

Do not look for your previously mentioned ~/users/username/library/widget as
it does not exist.

You never did clarify where you came up with that bizarre and non-standard
path... have you figured out where you went wrong yet?

--
I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.

Chad Irby

May 17, 2005, 11:01:15 PM5/17/05
In article
Tim Adams <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Better still, at least IMO, is to add number in front of all the
> Widgets you currently have. They will sort numerically. IF you are
> creative and number them 10, 20,30,... then new ones will be at the
> end AND you have a way of adding the new one anyplace the list
> without renumbering them all.

...but if someone sneaks one in with a GOTO in front of it, you could
end up with an infinite amount of Widgets...

--
I don't have a lifestyle.
I have a lifeCSS.

Snit

May 17, 2005, 11:14:49 PM5/17/05
"Chad Irby" <ci...@cfl.rr.com> stated in post
cirby-58DC6E....@news-server1.tampabay.rr.com on 5/17/05 8:01 PM:

LOL!

--
"If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

MR_ED_of_Course

May 18, 2005, 12:52:30 AM5/18/05
in article BEB00139.19596%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID, Snit at
SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID wrote on 5/17/05 8:14 PM:

> "Chad Irby" <ci...@cfl.rr.com> stated in post
> cirby-58DC6E....@news-server1.tampabay.rr.com on 5/17/05 8:01 PM:
>
>> In article
>> <teadams$2$0$0$3-9C4758.20...@news1.east.earthlink.net>,
>> Tim Adams <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Better still, at least IMO, is to add number in front of all the
>>> Widgets you currently have. They will sort numerically. IF you are
>>> creative and number them 10, 20,30,... then new ones will be at the
>>> end AND you have a way of adding the new one anyplace the list
>>> without renumbering them all.
>>
>> ...but if someone sneaks one in with a GOTO in front of it, you could
>>
>> end up with an infinite amount of Widgets...
>
> LOL!

Hate to metoo, but damn, that was one of the funniest posts in CSMA in a
long, long time!

Tim Adams

May 18, 2005, 5:01:30 AM5/18/05
In article <BEAFE63A.194E6%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-9C4758.20...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/17/05
> 5:36 PM:

> >> Allow duplicate names on the Dashboard. If you see two - one has been
> >> added. Since they are alphabetical, they should be next to each other.
> >
> > Better still, at least IMO, is to add number in front of all the Widgets you
> > currently have.
>
> Do you mean Apple should ship them that way or that as a user people should
> do this?

The user of course.

> If you mean Apple should ship them this way then it would be easy for
> malware writers to add the number.
>
> If you mean a user should do this as protection, it would only protect
> knowledgeable users - the ones who are not likely to fall for the Trojan.
>
> There may be, however, a small number of people with some level of ability
> to alter files but no real understanding of what is going on as they use the
> computer where your suggestion might be of help - so for you it likely is a
> good idea.
>
> > They will sort numerically. IF you are creative and number
> > them 10, 20,30,... then new ones will be at the end AND you have a way of
> > adding the new one anyplace the list without renumbering them all.
>
> I think your suggestion would work well for you, assuming you can find both
> the /Library/Widgets and the ~/Library/Widgets.
>
> Do not look for your previously mentioned ~/users/username/library/widget as
> it does not exist.

It DOES EXISE IF you had installed (automatically) the malware widget that
started the rage.

> You never did clarify where you came up with that bizarre and non-standard
> path... have you figured out where you went wrong yet?

YOU were the person claiming that the ~ told people to go to
HardDrive/users/username/ while I stated the ~ indicated the name of the hard
drive only.
To bad in your reading, your delusions took over.

Tim Adams

May 18, 2005, 5:03:50 AM5/18/05
In article <cirby-58DC6E....@news-server1.tampabay.rr.com>,
Chad Irby <ci...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

Cute. I however would prefer an if/then set up. That way your might randomly get
only have of the widgets at any one time. :-)

Snit

May 18, 2005, 6:33:49 AM5/18/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-7769BC.05...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
2:01 AM:

> In article <BEAFE63A.194E6%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>> teadams$2$0$0$3-9C4758.20...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/17/05
>> 5:36 PM:

>>> Better still, at least IMO, is to add number in front of all the Widgets you
>>> currently have.
>>
>> Do you mean Apple should ship them that way or that as a user people should
>> do this?
>
> The user of course.

For you it likely would be a good thing to do - see below.

>> If you mean Apple should ship them this way then it would be easy for
>> malware writers to add the number.
>>
>> If you mean a user should do this as protection, it would only protect
>> knowledgeable users - the ones who are not likely to fall for the Trojan.
>>
>> There may be, however, a small number of people with some level of ability
>> to alter files but no real understanding of what is going on as they use the
>> computer where your suggestion might be of help - so for you it likely is a
>> good idea.
>>
>>> They will sort numerically. IF you are creative and number
>>> them 10, 20,30,... then new ones will be at the end AND you have a way of
>>> adding the new one anyplace the list without renumbering them all.
>>
>> I think your suggestion would work well for you, assuming you can find both
>> the /Library/Widgets and the ~/Library/Widgets.
>>
>> Do not look for your previously mentioned ~/users/username/library/widget as
>> it does not exist.
>
> It DOES EXISE IF you had installed (automatically) the malware widget that
> started the rage.

Incorrect - but thanks for pointing out that you *still* have no idea what
the tilde means at the start of a path. I am happy to explain it to you
again... would you like that?

>> You never did clarify where you came up with that bizarre and non-standard
>> path... have you figured out where you went wrong yet?
>
> YOU were the person claiming that the ~ told people to go to
> HardDrive/users/username/ while I stated the ~ indicated the name of the hard
> drive only.

Um, wow... you really have no idea what the tilde means... and you just keep
repeating your error - even though I have not only corrected you, I pointed
you to several resources to show you I was right, and now you are able to at
least show some understanding of the correct answer - though you discount
it.

> To bad in your reading, your delusions took over.

LOL... wonder how long it will take Wally to realize how stupid he has been
in supporting you on this? Any guesses from you? :)

--
God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

Tim Adams

May 18, 2005, 8:22:58 PM5/18/05
In article <BEB0681D.196FB%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post

> teadams$2$0$0$3-7769BC.05...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
> 2:01 AM:

~snip

> > It DOES EXISE IF you had installed (automatically) the malware widget that
> > started the rage.
>
> Incorrect -

NOT! A new directory is created when the 'zaptastic' widget is auto-installed.
It is installed in harddrive/user/username/library/, and called widget.

~more snit garbage snipped

Tim Adams

May 18, 2005, 8:53:29 PM5/18/05
In article <teadams$2$0$0$3-A50564.20...@news1.east.earthlink.net>,
Tim Adams <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> In article <BEB0681D.196FB%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
> > "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> > teadams$2$0$0$3-7769BC.05...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
> > 2:01 AM:
> >

> ~snip
>

> > > It DOES EXISE IF you had installed (automatically) the malware widget
> > > that
> > > started the rage.
> >
> > Incorrect -
>
> NOT! A new directory is created when the 'zaptastic' widget is
> auto-installed.

To verify this, check the Open 'safe' files when downloading, then go to
<http://64.70.134.217/widgets/zaptastic/> and, assuming you have 10.4.1
installed, verify you want it opened/installed. Get back to us as to where it
puts the file.

Snit

May 18, 2005, 9:36:53 PM5/18/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-A50564.20...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
5:22 PM:

--------- RETURNING SOME OF WHAT TIM ADAMS DISHONESTLY SNIPPED ---------

>>> It DOES EXISE IF you had installed (automatically) the malware widget that
>>> started the rage.
>>
>> Incorrect -
>
> NOT! A new directory is created when the 'zaptastic' widget is auto-installed.
> It is installed in harddrive/user/username/library/, and called widget.

Wow, Tim, look at you just *from*:

~/users/username/library/widget

*to*:

~/Library/Widget

Why the change, Tim? Do you *still* not know what the tilde means? Keep in
mind I have not only explained it to you, I have pointed you to resources
that explain it. (And I am happy to ignore the case errors and lack of an
"s" at the end of "widgets"). Then again, you probably are going to stick
with your silly statement:

"I stated the ~ indicated the name of the hard drive only." - Tim Adams

Have you figured out you are wrong, yet? Have you figured out that your
trolling and flaming of me was based on your ignorance? Have Wally and
Steve Carroll figured out how stupid they were to support you on this?

--
I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.

Josh McKee

May 18, 2005, 9:56:28 PM5/18/05
In article <TSjie.14318$Ph4.5...@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>,
NashtOn <na...@na.ca> wrote:

:-)

Josh

Tim Adams

May 18, 2005, 11:24:36 PM5/18/05
In article <BEB13BC5.1987D%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-A50564.20...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
> 5:22 PM:
>
> > ~snip
> >
> --------- RETURNING SOME OF WHAT TIM ADAMS DISHONESTLY SNIPPED ---------

> >> Incorrect -
> >
> > NOT! A new directory is created when the 'zaptastic' widget is
> > auto-installed.
> > It is installed in harddrive/user/username/library/, and called widget.
>
> Wow, Tim, look at you just *from*:
>
> ~/users/username/library/widget
>
> *to*:
>
> ~/Library/Widget

With ~ equal to the name of my hard drive, I locate ALL of the widgets. With it
equal to harddrive/user/username/library there IS NO directory called widget
UNLESS you've installed the malware widget or another self installed widget.

As such, when the articles YOU directed me to indicated that widgets were at
~/library/widgets THE ARTICLES WERE USING THE ~ AS THE NAME OF THE HARD DRIVE
AND NOT THE FULL PATH harddrive/user/username/library

Hopefully that's not to complicated for an idiot like you to understand. I'm
sure it is but at least try.

> Why the change, Tim?

There is no change. At least from me. By default Apple puts its widget in
harddrive/library/widgets.

~ Do you *still* not know what the tilde means?

You apparently don't have a clue. I've seen the ~ used in several ways. Phrases
like 'go to your users directory then ~/library/preferences' and also go to
~/library/preferences. Both ~ mean DIFFERENT things, depending on how the author
has written the article. IF you had read the articles you referenced, and looked
at where Apple has their widgets stored, you would have noticed that FACT.

~snits delusions snipped

Snit

May 19, 2005, 12:35:11 AM5/19/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
8:24 PM:

Funny, Tim, not only have you *still* not figured out what the tilde means
in a path, you are still claiming I am the one who is wrong.

A tilde means the home directory. You made up a non-standard path:

~/users/username/library/widget

You did this based on your ignorance, not knowing that it was pointing to:

<harddrive>/Users/<name>/users/username/library/widget

At first you may have been merely ignorant - but now it is clear you are
stupid.

And Wally and Steve Carroll back you on your stupidity.

--
Snit: Thank you, Tim, for proving me right that you will not back up your
accusations. You almost never do... if ever.

Tim Adam's reply: Your welcome.

Snit

May 19, 2005, 1:50:11 AM5/19/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
8:24 PM:

>> Do you *still* not know what the tilde means?

> You apparently don't have a clue. I've seen the ~ used in several ways.
> Phrases like 'go to your users directory then ~/library/preferences' and also
> go to ~/library/preferences. Both ~ mean DIFFERENT things, depending on how
> the author has written the article. IF you had read the articles you
> referenced, and looked at where Apple has their widgets stored, you would
> have noticed that FACT.

While anyone with even half a clue knows you are wrong, let's have some fun
and show just how stupid you are. Here are the links again:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7039
http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/
http://wired-vig.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,67484,00.html?tw=wn_story_top5

Here, let me help you (snicker)... here is every instance of the use of a
tilde in those links:

-----
4. Further investigation showed that the file 'zaptastic.wdgt' had been
installed in ~/Library/Widgets. The widgets that come with Tiger are in
the /Library/Widgets directory (ie, not within my User space).
-----
In addition there is a script called 'add - new iitem alert.scpt' that
you can attach to the ~/Library/Widgets folder. This will alert you when
anyone or anything tries to alter your Widgets folder.
-----
Rather than browsing to your ~/Library/Widgets folder, Widget Manager
provides you with a simple interface for disabling widgets so that they
donšt load when you press F12 or removing them altogether.
-----

Now I await your lovely and insightful analysis of the use of the tilde in
"several ways". Oh, wait - you will merely snip and run, being that you
are, as is your norm, completely wrong.

Oh, and I think you can give up on Wally and Steve Carroll jumping in to
support you on this one... even they have figured out how wrong you are.

--
Snit: Thank you, Tim, for proving me right that you will not back up your
accusations. You almost never do... if ever.

Tim Adam's reply: Your welcome.

Wally

May 19, 2005, 2:04:47 AM5/19/05

On 17/5/05 6:40 PM, in article
TSjie.14318$Ph4.5...@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca, "NashtOn" <na...@na.ca>
wrote:

So we have a self proclaimed Mac use...YOU...with an experience level
spanning fifteen years, or so you say, and yet when it comes to experience
with updates you have to fall back on your imagination?...This would
certainly explain why you have all these problems with your Macs! Clearly a
case of a user ignoring the obvious.....user error no less!

> Nicolas

Snit

May 19, 2005, 2:11:22 AM5/19/05
"Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
BEB24D12.EC6E%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/18/05 11:04 PM:

Well, Wally, now that you have embarrassed yourself miserably in your
ignorance about the Dashboard and paths you are looking for someone else to
troll.

Have fun!

--
I am supposed to be the troll - Wally

Snit

May 18, 2005, 9:43:51 PM5/18/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-C9837A.20...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
5:53 PM:

<returning some of what Tim Adams snipped>

>>> Incorrect - but thanks for pointing out that you *still* have no idea what
>>> the tilde means at the start of a path. I am happy to explain it to you
>>> again... would you like that?
>>

>> NOT! A new directory is created when the 'zaptastic' widget is
>> auto-installed.
>
> To verify this, check the Open 'safe' files when downloading, then go to
> <http://64.70.134.217/widgets/zaptastic/> and, assuming you have 10.4.1
> installed, verify you want it opened/installed. Get back to us as to where it
> puts the file.

What does this have to do with your non-standard path:

~/users/username/library/widget

or

<harddrive>/Users/<name>/users/username/library/widget

That is a path of *your* creation, even though you tried to push it off onto
others. The *real* path that is created is:

~/Library/Widgets

How long until you admit you are wrong, Tim? How long will Wally and Steve
Carroll back you up on this error?

Wally

May 19, 2005, 5:36:50 AM5/19/05

On 19/5/05 2:11 PM, in article BEB17C1A.19912%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID,
"Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
> BEB24D12.EC6E%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/18/05 11:04 PM:
>

>> On 17/5/05 6:40 PM, in article
>> TSjie.14318$Ph4.5...@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca, "NashtOn" <na...@na.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> Why is it that Mac users feel the need to point out that an update
>>> doesn't cause any problems? I imagine it's a rare thing;)
>>
>> So we have a self proclaimed Mac use...YOU...with an experience level
>> spanning fifteen years, or so you say, and yet when it comes to experience
>> with updates you have to fall back on your imagination?...This would
>> certainly explain why you have all these problems with your Macs! Clearly a
>> case of a user ignoring the obvious.....user error no less!
>
> Well, Wally, now that you have embarrassed yourself miserably in your
> ignorance about the Dashboard and paths you are looking for someone else to
> troll.

No doubt your definition of 'embarrassed' will be ever changing as is your
idea of stealing!

> Have fun!

Always!

NashtOn

May 19, 2005, 6:39:14 AM5/19/05

Whatever it takes to get you through the day, Wally.

Nicolas

Snit

May 19, 2005, 12:05:52 PM5/19/05
"Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
BEB27EC6.EC88%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/19/05 2:36 AM:

>> Well, Wally, now that you have embarrassed yourself miserably in your
>> ignorance about the Dashboard and paths you are looking for someone else to
>> troll.
>
> No doubt your definition of 'embarrassed' will be ever changing as is your
> idea of stealing!

Splendid attempt to try to change the topic with a vague insinuation that is
based solely on your desire to troll and your inability to comprehend what
you read!

>> Have fun!
>
> Always!

Yeah... it shows in your every post. LOL!

--

"'You and I have agreed' means that no such thing has ever been said or
inferred" -- Wally

Tim Adams

May 19, 2005, 12:41:49 PM5/19/05
In article <BEB1658F.198DD%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post

> teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
> 8:24 PM:

~ delusions, lies and distortions by snit snipped

Oh look - nothing left again.

Snit

May 19, 2005, 12:45:34 PM5/19/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-25C449.12...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
9:41 AM:

> In article <BEB1658F.198DD%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>> teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
>> 8:24 PM:
>
> ~ delusions, lies and distortions by snit snipped
>
> Oh look - nothing left again.

Why do you feel the need to *again* hold up your white flag and dishonestly
snip? Does my pointing our your lies and trolling bother you *that* much?
Why not just stop lying?

Please note, Tim, all I am doing is asking you to support your claims... you
*never* will.

Here is what Tim Adams ran from:

"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
8:24 PM:

>> Do you *still* not know what the tilde means?

> You apparently don't have a clue. I've seen the ~ used in several ways.
> Phrases like 'go to your users directory then ~/library/preferences' and also
> go to ~/library/preferences. Both ~ mean DIFFERENT things, depending on how
> the author has written the article. IF you had read the articles you
> referenced, and looked at where Apple has their widgets stored, you would
> have noticed that FACT.

While anyone with even half a clue knows you are wrong, let's have some fun

--
Snit: Thank you, Tim, for proving me right that you will not back up your
accusations. You almost never do... if ever.

Tim Adam's reply: Your welcome.

Tim Adams

May 19, 2005, 12:51:40 PM5/19/05
In article <BEB17723.198F9%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

snit - I find it real interesting that even Apple shows that widgets get
installed in two places, yet I'm _incorrect_, according to you, when I stated
that the widgets folder don't exist in users/username/library space until you
either install the malware widget or auto install other widgets.

The folder users/username/library/widgets DOES NOT EXIST on virgin Tiger
systems.

As such, answer the following question

Until the widget folder is created at users/username/library/widgets, why would
O'Reilly and others direct you to a non-existing location with their
~/library/widgets IF as you claim, the ~ means user/username?

Wally

May 19, 2005, 1:32:58 PM5/19/05

On 20/5/05 12:05 AM, in article BEB20770.199A4%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID,
"Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
> BEB27EC6.EC88%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/19/05 2:36 AM:
>
>>> Well, Wally, now that you have embarrassed yourself miserably in your
>>> ignorance about the Dashboard and paths you are looking for someone else to
>>> troll.
>>
>> No doubt your definition of 'embarrassed' will be ever changing as is your
>> idea of stealing!
>
> Splendid attempt to try to change the topic with a vague insinuation that is
> based solely on your desire to troll and your inability to comprehend what
> you read!

There was nothing vague about my insinuation, I admitted to downloading an
image from your site..you said that was ok buy you, even though I was
directed to the image by a third party link and not by you! And yet when
someone else does exactly the same thing, this in your mind becomes
stealing, and you cannot accept the contradiction!....no great surprise!

>>> Have fun!
>>
>> Always!
>
> Yeah... it shows in your every post. LOL!

In my "every post"? I thought you said I was embarrassed?......yet more of
your contradictions!

Snit

May 19, 2005, 1:32:16 PM5/19/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-5D563C.12...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
9:51 AM:

> In article <BEB17723.198F9%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
> snit - I find it real interesting that even Apple shows that widgets get
> installed in two places, yet I'm _incorrect_, according to you, when I stated
> that the widgets folder don't exist in users/username/library space until you
> either install the malware widget or auto install other widgets.
>
> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301629>
>
> The folder users/username/library/widgets DOES NOT EXIST on virgin Tiger
> systems.

Of course not... nor have I said otherwise. Still, feel free to state the
well known and pretend that I have disagreed with it!

> As such, answer the following question
>
> Until the widget folder is created at users/username/library/widgets, why
> would O'Reilly and others direct you to a non-existing location with their
> ~/library/widgets IF as you claim, the ~ means user/username?

Once again you show your ignorance, Tim. I would love to have you explain
where you *think* O'Reilly pointed *anyone* to a nonexistent folder. Keep
in mind that the auto-installed Widgets get placed in to ~/library/widgets,
which, despite your ignorance, is in the user's home folder.

The tilde *always* means the users' home folder. Always, Tim. Keep in mind
that you have been told this many times and you *still* are arguing
otherwise. You have been pointed to several sources that show it to you,
and you have found *no* counter example. Nor, of course, have you been able
to explain where you got your nonstandard and rather silly path:

~/users/username/library/widget

You *still* do not realize that this means the same thing as:

<harddrive>/Users/<name>/users/username/library/widget

please keep in mind that I am not even nit picking your errors in
capitalization nor your error in leaving off the "s" at the end of
"Widgets". Those errors are minor compared to your continued ignorance and,
yes Tim, your stupidity when it comes to you *still* not knowing what the
tilde means.

Even Wally and Steve Carroll have stopped supporting you on this one, Tim.

Oh, and again I note you feel the need to dishonestly snip my *entire*
content in your reply... do you think it helped make your point? LOL!

Snit

May 19, 2005, 1:38:12 PM5/19/05
"Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
BEB2EE5E.ED2C%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/19/05 10:32 AM:

>>> No doubt your definition of 'embarrassed' will be ever changing as is your
>>> idea of stealing!
>>
>> Splendid attempt to try to change the topic with a vague insinuation that is
>> based solely on your desire to troll and your inability to comprehend what
>> you read!
>
> There was nothing vague about my insinuation, I admitted to downloading an
> image from your site..you said that was ok buy you, even though I was
> directed to the image by a third party link and not by you! And yet when
> someone else does exactly the same thing, this in your mind becomes
> stealing, and you cannot accept the contradiction!....no great surprise!

I would love to see your support for your claims...

Oh wait... you have none. Keep the following in mind the following, in
regards to Tim Adams:

---------

Keep in mind:

1) You have been repeatedly told that she did not ask for permission

2) You have stated that she did not ask for permission:
Me: Do you now think she has permission from the owner of the image?
You: ... Normal people would read that as a NO? ... [1]

3) You have no contrary information

After you and I have agreed that she did not ask for permission and you have
shared no contrary information, why would you now *doubt* that Elizabot did
not have permission?

Steal: Take something without permission

Before your irrational flip flopping we were in agreement that Elizabot took
something without permission (stole it) but you *also* have been making the
contradictory claim that she did *not* steal (take something without
permission).

I understand that you believe she has the right to take things without
permission - but I am not interested in our different views of morality (I
believe stealing is wrong!)

----------

[1] You have flip-flopped on this point, and claimed you never meant the
"no" that I quote. Let's look at what was actually said:

Snit: You stated: "About time you finally admit she _took_ a picture
rather then your former claim that she _stole_ it." Do you now
think she has permission from the owner of the image?

Tim: She DOESN'T NEED the owners permission!

Snit: You will never answer the question, will you. ... Do you now
think she has permission from the owner of the image?

Tim: What part of 'She doesn't need the permission of the owner of the
image' is to hard for you to understand? Normal people would read
that as a NO, but apparently you're to stupid. ...

You then went on to make excuses for Elizabot not asking for permission,
stating that in your view " But as she doesn't need it, why should she even
think about asking for it?".

My favorite part of your comment is:

Normal people would read that as a NO, but apparently you're to (sic)
stupid.

Not only did you emphasize your "NO", but you accused me of apparently being
too stupid... yet *you* are now the one who is clearly not understanding
your own words. In your own words, you are "to (sic) stupid".

Don't you just love how you back yourself into corners like this and make an
ass out of yourself. Don't worry, Tim, your buddies Wally and Steve Carroll
are sure to be watching your back. :)

Elizabot v2.0.2

May 19, 2005, 1:55:26 PM5/19/05
Snit, are you arguing that web browsers need to ask the owner of any
images permission before it downloads and caches those images?? Are you
really that ignorant, "teacher"?

--
Cuiva nwalca Carnirasse! Nai yarvaxea rasselya taltuva notto-carinnar!!

By responding to Elizabot v2.0.2 you implicitly agree to the TOS at:
http://elizabot.spymac.net/

Tim Adams

May 19, 2005, 5:28:55 PM5/19/05
In article <BEB210BE.199B5%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-25C449.12...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
> 9:41 AM:
>
> > In article <BEB1658F.198DD%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> > Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
> >
> >> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> >> teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
> >> 8:24 PM:
> >
> > ~ delusions, lies and distortions by snit snipped
> >
> > Oh look - nothing left again.
>
> Why do you feel the need

to add your lies and distortions again? IF you had the ability to comprehend
what was written you would see I don't have a problem with the meaning of the ~
BUT the different articles written dealing with the location of dashboard
widgets are using it to send people to the wrong location to find them.

Is that clear enough for you to understand?

If not try the following. In a virgin install of Tiger, there are no widgets,
and not even a widget folder located at ~/library HOWEVER there IS a Widgets
folder located in the harddrive/library folder.

Got a clue yet?

~delusions/lies and distortions by snit deleted

Tim Adams

May 19, 2005, 5:42:05 PM5/19/05
In article <BEB21BB0.199C6%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-5D563C.12...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
> 9:51 AM:
>
> > In article <BEB17723.198F9%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> > Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
> >
> > snit - I find it real interesting that even Apple shows that widgets get
> > installed in two places, yet I'm _incorrect_, according to you, when I
> > stated
> > that the widgets folder don't exist in users/username/library space until
> > you
> > either install the malware widget or auto install other widgets.
> >
> > <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301629>
> >
> > The folder users/username/library/widgets DOES NOT EXIST on virgin Tiger
> > systems.
>
> Of course not... nor have I said otherwise. Still, feel free to state the
> well known and pretend that I have disagreed with it!

Yet you've claimed by saying "incorrect" that the malware widget didn't created
just such a folder.

> > As such, answer the following question
> >
> > Until the widget folder is created at users/username/library/widgets, why
> > would O'Reilly and others direct you to a non-existing location with their
> > ~/library/widgets IF as you claim, the ~ means user/username?
>
> Once again you show your ignorance, Tim. I would love to have you explain
> where you *think* O'Reilly pointed *anyone* to a nonexistent folder.

Just how does it exist IF you've never auto-installed a widget? As such, a new
user reading the article will look AND IT WILL NOT EXIST! Understand now?
Now why didn't you answer the question? Users with virgin system don't have the
folder in the location that the O'Reilly article is directing them to? As such
it is a nonexistent folder.

> Keep
> in mind that the auto-installed Widgets get placed in to ~/library/widgets,
> which, despite your ignorance, is in the user's home folder.

Which I've NEVER SAID IT WASN'T! IF you were able to comprehend what you read
you would have know that.

More distortions/lies and delusions snipped.

Tim Adams

May 19, 2005, 6:05:19 PM5/19/05
In article <BEB21D14.199D2%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
> BEB2EE5E.ED2C%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/19/05 10:32 AM:

> >> Splendid attempt to try to change the topic with a vague insinuation that
> >> is
> >> based solely on your desire to troll and your inability to comprehend what
> >> you read!
> >
> > There was nothing vague about my insinuation, I admitted to downloading an
> > image from your site..you said that was ok buy you, even though I was
> > directed to the image by a third party link and not by you! And yet when
> > someone else does exactly the same thing, this in your mind becomes
> > stealing, and you cannot accept the contradiction!....no great surprise!
>
> I would love to see your support for your claims...
>
> Oh wait... you have none. Keep the following in mind the following, in
> regards to Tim Adams:

Now you're using your delusions/misquotes/lies and distortions to support try
and support your arguments with other people. How quaint.

~Shit's shit snipped

Tim Adams

May 19, 2005, 6:06:06 PM5/19/05
In article <118pkoe...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Elizabot v2.0.2" <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote:

> Snit, are you arguing that web browsers need to ask the owner of any
> images permission before it downloads and caches those images?? Are you
> really that ignorant, "teacher"?

YES he is!

~garbage snipped

Snit

May 19, 2005, 6:08:24 PM5/19/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-FC6FED.17...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
2:28 PM:

> In article <BEB210BE.199B5%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>> teadams$2$0$0$3-25C449.12...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
>> 9:41 AM:

>>> ~ delusions, lies and distortions by snit snipped
>>>
>>> Oh look - nothing left again.
>>
>> Why do you feel the need
>
> to add your lies and distortions again? IF you had the ability to comprehend
> what was written you would see I don't have a problem with the meaning of the
> ~
> BUT the different articles written dealing with the location of dashboard
> widgets are using it to send people to the wrong location to find them.

Incorrect. The articles used the ~ as it should be used. It is your
ignorance and stupidity that leads you to believe otherwise.

> Is that clear enough for you to understand?

I completely understand that you have no idea what the ~ means. Even though
you have been repeatedly corrected you are too stupid to understand.

> If not try the following. In a virgin install of Tiger, there are no widgets,
> and not even a widget folder located at ~/library HOWEVER there IS a Widgets
> folder located in the harddrive/library folder.

Correct - though that has never been in question. It is only your ignorance
and stupidity that makes you think it has been.

> Got a clue yet?

Sure - you are too ignorant and stupid to figure out what the ~ means.

> ~delusions/lies and distortions by snit deleted

What Tim Adams is running from... *again*!

---------

"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
8:24 PM:

>> Do you *still* not know what the tilde means?

Snit

May 19, 2005, 6:19:36 PM5/19/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-0FCA68.17...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
2:42 PM:

>>> The folder users/username/library/widgets DOES NOT EXIST on virgin Tiger
>>> systems.
>>>
>> Of course not... nor have I said otherwise. Still, feel free to state the
>> well known and pretend that I have disagreed with it!
>
> Yet you've claimed by saying "incorrect" that the malware widget didn't
> created just such a folder.

You are again incorrect: though your ignorance and stupidity likely makes
you think otherwise.

>>> As such, answer the following question
>>>
>>> Until the widget folder is created at users/username/library/widgets, why
>>> would O'Reilly and others direct you to a non-existing location with their
>>> ~/library/widgets IF as you claim, the ~ means user/username?
>>
>> Once again you show your ignorance, Tim. I would love to have you explain
>> where you *think* O'Reilly pointed *anyone* to a nonexistent folder.
>
> Just how does it exist IF you've never auto-installed a widget?

What an odd "if" you are creating to try to defend your ignorance.

> As such, a new user reading the article will look AND IT WILL NOT EXIST!
> Understand now? Now why didn't you answer the question? Users with virgin
> system don't have the folder in the location that the O'Reilly article is
> directing them to? As such it is a nonexistent folder.

Here is the O'Reilly article in question:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7039

Care to try to point to the passage you are making up?

By the way: have you figured out that the tilde at the start of a path
*always* means the same thing - the users' home directory?

>> Keep in mind that the auto-installed Widgets get placed in to
>> ~/library/widgets, which, despite your ignorance, is in the user's home
>> folder.
>
> Which I've NEVER SAID IT WASN'T! IF you were able to comprehend what you read
> you would have know that.

Of course you did. Keep in mind that the ~ *never* means the harddrive as
you read the following quote from you:

---------

With ~ equal to the name of my hard drive, I locate ALL of the widgets. With
it equal to harddrive/user/username/library there IS NO directory called
widget UNLESS you've installed the malware widget or another self installed
widget.

As such, when the articles YOU directed me to indicated that widgets were at
~/library/widgets THE ARTICLES WERE USING THE ~ AS THE NAME OF THE HARD
DRIVE AND NOT THE FULL PATH harddrive/user/username/library

----------

You were, and are, completely wrong when you say the article made the same
mistake with what the ~ means as you did. And since you have been
repeatedly corrected, you are just proving you are in idiot.

> More distortions/lies and delusions snipped.

What Tim Adams is running from... *again*!

---------

"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post

Snit

May 19, 2005, 6:20:18 PM5/19/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-FE19BE.18...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
3:06 PM:

> In article <118pkoe...@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Elizabot v2.0.2" <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote:
>
>> Snit, are you arguing that web browsers need to ask the owner of any
>> images permission before it downloads and caches those images?? Are you
>> really that ignorant, "teacher"?
>>

> YES he is!

Keep in mind:

Wally

May 20, 2005, 1:23:25 AM5/20/05

On 20/5/05 1:38 AM, in article BEB21D14.199D2%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID,
"Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
> BEB2EE5E.ED2C%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/19/05 10:32 AM:

>>> Splendid attempt to try to change the topic with a vague insinuation that is
>>> based solely on your desire to troll and your inability to comprehend what
>>> you read!
>>
>> There was nothing vague about my insinuation, I admitted to downloading an
>> image from your site..you said that was ok buy you, even though I was
>> directed to the image by a third party link and not by you! And yet when
>> someone else does exactly the same thing, this in your mind becomes
>> stealing, and you cannot accept the contradiction!....no great surprise!
>
> I would love to see your support for your claims...

I have supplied this proof on numerous occasions...the actual statements in
question are as follows..
As to my admission of downloading an image from your site....

Wally...
" I have certainly downloaded images from your site....specifically during
your pdf debacle!"

As to your admission that that action was ok with you...

Snit...
" Correct - from pages I linked to. I have no problem with your doing so."

You clearly have no problem with people downloading from your site from
links that you supply, and you have never changed your position even though
I stated that the initial link to your site was not supplied by you, once
there, the images in question are easily found by following the links as
supplied by you from your main page, there is no digging involved they were,
and are still, easily accessible.

> Oh wait... you have none. Keep the following in mind the following, in
> regards to Tim Adams:

<irrelevant issues snipped>

The side issues that you wish to pursue with Tim have nothing to do with my
downloading from your site as opposed to others doing the same!
Your position is totally contradictory as no permission was sought by myself
prior to downloading from your site, nor have you ever suggested that such
permission should have been sought! And yet you claim my actions are ok with
you! If that is the case why does the same not apply to everyone, the answer
is actually an easy one to give ...it is because your honesty,and your
morals are in a constant state of flux! And are as changeable as the
weather!

Snit

May 20, 2005, 1:44:14 AM5/20/05
"Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
BEB394E2.EDFF%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/19/05 10:23 PM:

>>> There was nothing vague about my insinuation, I admitted to downloading an
>>> image from your site..you said that was ok buy you, even though I was
>>> directed to the image by a third party link and not by you! And yet when
>>> someone else does exactly the same thing, this in your mind becomes
>>> stealing, and you cannot accept the contradiction!....no great surprise!
>>>
>> I would love to see your support for your claims...
>
> I have supplied this proof on numerous occasions...

You have supplied nothing to argue against the following *facts*. What you
have done, repeatedly, is reference files I pointed you, and all in CSMA,
to. The files you reference are not relevant to the discussion.

Please note that you will not provide anything to counter the following
facts - nor will anyone else. They are solid facts that are simply not
going to go away, no matter how much you obfuscate, lie, and deny them.

* You have a bias when it comes to me. You admit to it.

* You, Elizabot, and I agree that Elizabot took at least one image,
edited it, and reposted it to a public forum. At one point, however,
you refused to admit she had done all of these actions and would only
claim she had done *one* action, though you would not say which one!
Eventually even you saw the futility of your game and admitted she
had done multiple actions.

* While I have commented on still more actions of Elizabot, including
digging through my site, I have not been able to produce public proof
of this.

* My other comments about Elizabot's actions, according to you, are
not accurate; you have even gone so far as to claim I am lying -
though you have offered no evidence to support your accusations against
me on this. Unlike me, who is honest when I can not provide public
support for my allegations, you refuse to admit to your lack of evidence
for your accusations. You, it seem, fail to see the irony of your
accusation.

* Elizabot's actions were obviously not honest - she clearly did
edits in a way to be offensive (ex: adding feminine hygiene products
to the image). She also did not seek ask permission from either the
person who took the photos nor the person who was the subject of the
photos.

* You admit that you are not able to comprehend my comments - and
this is true even when my comments are clearly written.

* You have shown you are unable and unwilling to answer simple questions
based on abstractions: for example when asked if you think that the act
of breaking a law is moral - you are not able to understand the abstract
concept that one could not find law breaking immoral but still find an
act that breaks the law immoral. You refute this claim easily by giving
a clear answer to the question: do you find the law breaking, by itself,
to be an immoral act.

* You admitted that he will be heading back to CSMA to cause trouble here,
though you did not word that way. And look! That is exactly what you are
doing - you finally kept your word *once*.

> <irrelevant issues snipped>

OK.

--
I am supposed to be the troll - Wally

Snit

May 20, 2005, 2:03:47 AM5/20/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
8:24 PM:

>> Do you *still* not know what the tilde means?

> You apparently don't have a clue. I've seen the ~ used in several ways.
> Phrases like 'go to your users directory then ~/library/preferences' and also
> go to ~/library/preferences. Both ~ mean DIFFERENT things, depending on how
> the author has written the article. IF you had read the articles you
> referenced, and looked at where Apple has their widgets stored, you would
> have noticed that FACT.

While anyone with even half a clue knows you are wrong, let's have some fun

Wally

May 20, 2005, 4:03:04 AM5/20/05

On 20/5/05 1:44 PM, in article BEB2C73E.19ABD%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID,
"Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
> BEB394E2.EDFF%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/19/05 10:23 PM:

>>> I would love to see your support for your claims...
>>
>> I have supplied this proof on numerous occasions...
>
> You have supplied nothing to argue against the following *facts*. What you
> have done, repeatedly, is reference files I pointed you, and all in CSMA,
> to. The files you reference are not relevant to the discussion.

You clearly cannot read, during the pdf debacle links to your site came from
many different sources! Yours was not one that I followed!

> Please

Plead all you like but I will only respond to the topic of your hypocrisy
wrt the downloading of images from your web site, that is, and will remain,
the topic, it is obvious that you have no argument about your fluctuating
position on the matter, therefore I have achieved my aim ...yet again!

All the answers to the remainder of your so called reply can be found via
Google, every single one of them!, the same cannot be said wrt your
dishonesty in calling someone a thief and yet condoning the very same
actions of another!

<repeated Snit smoke screen snipped>

Snit

May 20, 2005, 4:14:34 AM5/20/05
"Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
BEB3BA4B.EE18%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/20/05 1:03 AM:

>>> I have supplied this proof on numerous occasions...
>>
>> You have supplied nothing to argue against the following *facts*. What you
>> have done, repeatedly, is reference files I pointed you, and all in CSMA,
>> to. The files you reference are not relevant to the discussion.
>>

> You clearly cannot read, during the pdf debacle links to your site came from
> many different sources! Yours was not one that I followed!

Irrelevant. What is relevant is:

You have supplied nothing to argue against the following *facts*. What you
have done, repeatedly, is reference files I pointed you, and all in CSMA,
to. The files you reference are not relevant to the discussion.

Please note that you will not provide anything to counter the following

concept that one could not find law breaking moral but still find an

act that breaks the law immoral. You refute this claim easily by giving
a clear answer to the question: do you find the law breaking, by itself,
to be an immoral act.

* You admitted that you would be heading back to CSMA to cause trouble here,

though you did not word that way. And look! That is exactly what you are
doing - you finally kept your word *once*.

>> Please
>
> Plead all you like but I will only respond to the topic of your hypocrisy
> wrt the downloading of images from your web site, that is, and will remain,
> the topic, it is obvious that you have no argument about your fluctuating
> position on the matter, therefore I have achieved my aim ...yet again!

LOL... ya' know - if you wanted to complain that I am merely posting the
same things over and over you might have a valid complaint (though if you
were not lying about the same things over and over I would gladly stop).
Here you are, though, claiming I am changing my position when I copy and
paste the same thing.

Dude, you just set a new low for stupid... excluding Steve Carroll, who
really is the most stupid person I have seen in CSMA.

> All the answers to the remainder of your so called reply can be found via
> Google, every single one of them!, the same cannot be said wrt your
> dishonesty in calling someone a thief and yet condoning the very same
> actions of another!

What you accuse me of can not be found on Google... because it simply did
not happen.

> <repeated Snit smoke screen snipped>

Poor Wally - has *nothing* in the way of evidence to support his accusations
nor does he have anything to counter the facts he does not like.

--
Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

Wally

May 20, 2005, 4:44:09 AM5/20/05

On 20/5/05 4:14 PM, in article BEB2EA7A.19C25%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID,
"Snit" <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
> BEB3BA4B.EE18%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/20/05 1:03 AM:

>>> You have supplied nothing to argue against the following *facts*. What you
>>> have done, repeatedly, is reference files I pointed you, and all in CSMA,
>>> to. The files you reference are not relevant to the discussion.
>>>

>> You clearly cannot read, during the pdf debacle links to your site came from
>> many different sources! Yours was not one that I followed!
>
> Irrelevant. What is relevant is:

That you did not reference any files that I downloaded from your site, those
references came via a third party!

< usual Snit repeats and garbage snipped >

> LOL... ya' know - if you wanted to complain that I am merely posting the
> same things over and over you might have a valid complaint (though if you
> were not lying about the same things over and over I would gladly stop).

I have no need to complain about an action that you are known for, and that
goes a long way In proving that you have no answer to the points put to you!
One only has to look to see how often you have to resort to doing that to
see the truth in my opinion!

> Here you are, though, claiming I am changing my position when I copy and
> paste the same thing.

The only position that I have claimed you have been contradictory on, is
strictly related to the downloading of an image from your site! That is
still the case!

Tim Adams

May 20, 2005, 11:40:41 AM5/20/05
In article <BEB25C68.19A25%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

and if people with new Mac's follow their path, they find NOTHING because that
specific location DOES NOT EXIST! Got a clue yet?

> > Is that clear enough for you to understand?
>
> I completely understand that you have no idea what the ~ means.

I understand exactly what it means and have for years. To bad your reading
comprehension is so bad.

> Even though
> you have been repeatedly corrected you are too stupid to understand.
> >
> > If not try the following. In a virgin install of Tiger, there are no
> > widgets,
> > and not even a widget folder located at ~/library HOWEVER there IS a
> > Widgets
> > folder located in the harddrive/library folder.
>
> Correct - though that has never been in question. It is only your ignorance
> and stupidity that makes you think it has been.

Yet you expect people new to computers not to be confused when they follow the
path to ~/library/widget and find the location DOESN'T EXIST. How quaint.

~more ranting by the delusional snit snipped

Tim Adams

May 20, 2005, 11:49:55 AM5/20/05
In article <BEB25F08.19A2B%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-0FCA68.17...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
> 2:42 PM:

> >> Of course not... nor have I said otherwise. Still, feel free to state the
> >> well known and pretend that I have disagreed with it!
> >
> > Yet you've claimed by saying "incorrect" that the malware widget didn't
> > created just such a folder.
>
> You are again incorrect: though your ignorance and stupidity likely makes
> you think otherwise.

Liar!

> >> Once again you show your ignorance, Tim. I would love to have you explain
> >> where you *think* O'Reilly pointed *anyone* to a nonexistent folder.
> >
> > Just how does it exist IF you've never auto-installed a widget?
>
> What an odd "if" you are creating to try to defend your ignorance.

Not odd at all. To bad your comprehension is so limited.

> > As such, a new user reading the article will look AND IT WILL NOT EXIST!
> > Understand now? Now why didn't you answer the question? Users with virgin
> > system don't have the folder in the location that the O'Reilly article is
> > directing them to? As such it is a nonexistent folder.
>
> Here is the O'Reilly article in question:
>
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7039
>
> Care to try to point to the passage you are making up?

"4. Further investigation showed that the file 'zaptastic.wdgt' had been

installed in ~/Library/Widgets. The widgets that come with Tiger are in the
/Library/Widgets directory (ie, not within my User space)."

New computer users, reading the article without having done anything to there
system will most likely look at ~/Library/Widgets location and, as I told you
many times now see that it doesn't exist. They will then go to
harddrive/library/widgets and see this location DOES EXIST, as referenced in the
article (see the quote above) "/Library/Widgets" and quite posibily jump to a
conclusion that ~/Library/Widgets equals harddrive/library/widgets.

Got a clue yet?

~more delusions from the very small mind of snit snipped

Tim Adams

May 20, 2005, 11:50:57 AM5/20/05
In article <BEB25F32.19A2D%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-FE19BE.18...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
> 3:06 PM:
>
> > In article <118pkoe...@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Elizabot v2.0.2" <Eliz...@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Snit, are you arguing that web browsers need to ask the owner of any
> >> images permission before it downloads and caches those images?? Are you
> >> really that ignorant, "teacher"?
> >>

> > YES he is!
>
> Keep in mind:

~delusions from the mind of snit snipped.

Tim Adams

May 20, 2005, 11:54:03 AM5/20/05
In article <BEB2CBD3.19AC1%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
> 8:24 PM:
>
> >> Do you *still* not know what the tilde means?
> >
> > You apparently don't have a clue. I've seen the ~ used in several ways.
> > Phrases like 'go to your users directory then ~/library/preferences' and
> > also
> > go to ~/library/preferences. Both ~ mean DIFFERENT things, depending on how
> > the author has written the article. IF you had read the articles you
> > referenced, and looked at where Apple has their widgets stored, you would
> > have noticed that FACT.
>
> While anyone with even half a clue knows you are wrong,

So you've never seen an author write an article and use the ~ incorrectly? don't
do much reading do you.

> let's have some fun
> and show just how stupid you are. Here are the links again:
>
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7039
> http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/
> http://wired-vig.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,67484,00.html?tw=wn_story_top5
>
> Here, let me help you (snicker)... here is every instance of the use of a
> tilde in those links:
>
> -----
> 4. Further investigation showed that the file 'zaptastic.wdgt' had been
> installed in ~/Library/Widgets. The widgets that come with Tiger are in
> the /Library/Widgets directory (ie, not within my User space).

See my comments on this statement previously posted.

~snipped

Snit

May 20, 2005, 12:45:43 PM5/20/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-41D119.11...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
8:54 AM:

> In article <BEB2CBD3.19AC1%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>> teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
>> 8:24 PM:

>>> You apparently don't have a clue. I've seen the ~ used in several ways.
>>> Phrases like 'go to your users directory then ~/library/preferences' and
>>> also
>>> go to ~/library/preferences. Both ~ mean DIFFERENT things, depending on how
>>> the author has written the article. IF you had read the articles you
>>> referenced, and looked at where Apple has their widgets stored, you would
>>> have noticed that FACT.
>>
>> While anyone with even half a clue knows you are wrong,
>
> So you've never seen an author write an article and use the ~ incorrectly?
> don't do much reading do you.

I have read your posts - and *you* have been repeatedly wrong. The articles
in question, however, were spot on!

It is you, Tim, not the article, that made the same error over and over...
despite the fact that you were repeatedly told how wrong you were. At first
you may have been merely ignorant... but you proved you are stupid.

Do the quotes of yours below look familiar, Tim? Keep in mind as you read
these quotes of yours, Tim, that the ~ *never* means the hard drive. Also
note how you write insults directed at me based on *your* stupidity:

Gee, they all support me and the location. Hard drive (or in their case
~) /library/widget. NOT the ~/users/username/library/widget as at least
one other person said, and you agreed with a day or so ago.

You never did explain what delusion of yours lead you to create the path:
~/users/username/library/widget
-----

YOU were the person claiming that the ~ told people to go to
HardDrive/users/username/ while I stated the ~ indicated the name of the
hard drive only.
To bad in your reading, your delusions took over.

Note how you "correct" me by telling me the ~ indicates, according to you,
"the name of the hard drive only." Yet now you deny you ever were wrong
about what the ~ means! And then you are stupid enough to try to write
insults about me!
-----

With ~ equal to the name of my hard drive, I locate ALL of the widgets.
With it equal to harddrive/user/username/library there IS NO directory
called widget UNLESS you've installed the malware widget or another self
installed widget.

As such, when the articles YOU directed me to indicated that widgets
were at ~/library/widgets THE ARTICLES WERE USING THE ~ AS THE NAME OF
THE HARD DRIVE AND NOT THE FULL PATH harddrive/user/username/library

And here you are trying to re-define what the ~ means in order to make any
sense of your BS.
-----

Until the widget folder is created at users/username/library/widgets,
why would O'Reilly and others direct you to a non-existing location with
their ~/library/widgets IF as you claim, the ~ means user/username?

And you show you think O'Reilly made the same mistake you did. You were, of
course, wrong.
------

If you want to remove a widget from the Widget bar, open your hard
drive, open the folder called 'Library' then the folder called 'Widget'
and remove the item you no longer want to appear in the bar."

You wrote this in reference to auto-installed widgets, though to your
"defense" you may have been too stupid to know what the conversation was
about: <http://myweb.cableone.net/snit/tmp/tim-widgets.html#3a>

--
I wrote:
It has become so easy to point out Steve's lies...
Tim Adams replied:
if you read what snit posts, you'll see all the proof you need.

Snit

May 20, 2005, 12:58:59 PM5/20/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-769922.11...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
8:49 AM:

> In article <BEB25F08.19A2B%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>> teadams$2$0$0$3-0FCA68.17...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/19/05
>> 2:42 PM:

>>> Yet you've claimed by saying "incorrect" that the malware widget didn't
>>> created just such a folder.
>>
>> You are again incorrect: though your ignorance and stupidity likely makes
>> you think otherwise.
>
> Liar!

Then please show *any* support for your claim. Oh wait - even you know you
will not do that.

Snit: Thank you, Tim, for proving me right that you will not back up
your accusations. You almost never do... if ever.

Tim Adam's reply: Your welcome.

<snip>

>>> As such, a new user reading the article will look AND IT WILL NOT EXIST!
>>> Understand now? Now why didn't you answer the question? Users with virgin
>>> system don't have the folder in the location that the O'Reilly article is
>>> directing them to? As such it is a nonexistent folder.
>>
>> Here is the O'Reilly article in question:
>>
>> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7039
>>
>> Care to try to point to the passage you are making up?
>
> "4. Further investigation showed that the file 'zaptastic.wdgt' had been
> installed in ~/Library/Widgets. The widgets that come with Tiger are in the
> /Library/Widgets directory (ie, not within my User space)."

That passage is completely, 100% correct... and the tilde is used correctly.
Auto-installed widgets *do* end up in the user's directory in
~/Library/Widgets... not in /Library/Widgets, which is where the ones that
come with the computer are installed.

> New computer users, reading the article without having done anything to there
> system will most likely look at ~/Library/Widgets location and, as I told you
> many times now see that it doesn't exist. They will then go to
> harddrive/library/widgets and see this location DOES EXIST, as referenced in
> the article (see the quote above) "/Library/Widgets" and quite posibily jump
> to a conclusion that ~/Library/Widgets equals harddrive/library/widgets.

New users may make the same ignorant mistake you did. OK. So what? This is
your best defense of your ignorance and stupidity... that *new users* may
make the same ignorant error you did? In their case, of course, it would
not be based on stupidity, but ignorance. In your case, Tim, you proved it
was based on your stupidity.

> Got a clue yet?

Sure, you have once again shown how stupid you are. And you have yet to
explain your following comments where you - not "new users" - show
ignorance:

[...]

~more delusions from the very ignorant mind of Tim Adams snipped

--
Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

Snit

May 20, 2005, 1:00:36 PM5/20/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-6EEAF7.11...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
8:40 AM:

>> Incorrect. The articles used the ~ as it should be used. It is your
>> ignorance and stupidity that leads you to believe otherwise.
>
> and if people with new Mac's follow their path, they find NOTHING because that
> specific location DOES NOT EXIST! Got a clue yet?

It does not exist until it is created. Wow... you are a quick one on that!

>>> Is that clear enough for you to understand?
>>
>> I completely understand that you have no idea what the ~ means.
>
> I understand exactly what it means and have for years. To bad your reading
> comprehension is so bad.

You do? Then explain the following quotes of yours:

~more ranting by the delusional Tim Adams snipped

--
Picture of a tuna milkshake: http://snipurl.com/bh6q
Feel free to ask for the recipe.

Snit

May 20, 2005, 1:26:39 PM5/20/05
"Wally" <wa...@wally.world.net> stated in post
BEB3C3EA.EE52%wa...@wally.world.net on 5/20/05 1:44 AM:

>>> You clearly cannot read, during the pdf debacle links to your site came from
>>> many different sources! Yours was not one that I followed!
>>
>> Irrelevant. What is relevant is:

And again Wally runs and dishonestly snips.

Why do you keep proving me right, Wally? Are you not able to stop yourself
from your dishonest snipping?

--
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

Tim Adams

May 20, 2005, 2:58:33 PM5/20/05
In article <BEB36247.19CD2%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-41D119.11...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
> 8:54 AM:
>
> > In article <BEB2CBD3.19AC1%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> > Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
> >
> >> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> >> teadams$2$0$0$3-31A4D7.23...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/18/05
> >> 8:24 PM:

> >> While anyone with even half a clue knows you are wrong,
> >
> > So you've never seen an author write an article and use the ~ incorrectly?
> > don't do much reading do you.
>
> I have read your posts - and *you* have been repeatedly wrong. The articles
> in question, however, were spot on!

show me where I said the article wasn't correct in their use of the ~. I'm
merely saying, in the past (and I expect the future) articles have been written
and published in many places that have indeed used it incorrectly. IF you
haven't seen any of them, you are either blind, ignore them, or your poor
reading let you down.

~Repeat of the snit circus snipped

Tim Adams

May 20, 2005, 3:05:44 PM5/20/05
In article <BEB36563.19CDA%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

A claim you can't support and that has been pointed out to you many times before.

Finally - you might be on the point of seeing what I've been saying all along.

Now go back and READ my original post in the discussion dealing with the ~. You
will the perhaps see the rest of the point. Just for a hint of what you will
find - look for the word IF.

~repeat of the snit circus snipped.

Tim Adams

May 20, 2005, 3:07:37 PM5/20/05
In article <BEB365C4.19CDC%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-6EEAF7.11...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
> 8:40 AM:
>
> >> Incorrect. The articles used the ~ as it should be used. It is your
> >> ignorance and stupidity that leads you to believe otherwise.
> >
> > and if people with new Mac's follow their path, they find NOTHING because
> > that
> > specific location DOES NOT EXIST! Got a clue yet?
>
> It does not exist until it is created. Wow... you are a quick one on that!

Which never happens IF you never auto-install widgets - malware or otherwise.

~repeats of snits circus dung snipped

Snit

May 20, 2005, 4:20:53 PM5/20/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-84D4A0.15...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
12:07 PM:

> In article <BEB365C4.19CDC%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>> teadams$2$0$0$3-6EEAF7.11...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
>> 8:40 AM:

>>> and if people with new Mac's follow their path, they find NOTHING because
>>> that
>>> specific location DOES NOT EXIST! Got a clue yet?
>>
>> It does not exist until it is created. Wow... you are a quick one on that!
>
> Which never happens IF you never auto-install widgets - malware or otherwise.

Very good! You are learning. The sad thing is you thought others did not
know that.

> ~repeats of snits circus dung snipped

Poor Tim Adams feels the need to dishonestly snip and run again. How sad
for you.

--
Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/bid1

Snit

May 20, 2005, 4:21:21 PM5/20/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-C42D0E.15...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
12:05 PM:

Lol... yeah, I am, according to you, in control of Google! Come on, check
the Google archive - I have pointed you to the proof, there!

Snit

May 20, 2005, 4:23:54 PM5/20/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-11A3B9.14...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
11:58 AM:

>> I have read your posts - and *you* have been repeatedly wrong. The articles
>> in question, however, were spot on!
>>
> show me where I said the article wasn't correct in their use of the ~.

Easy - though you will run from these quotes of yours:

Gee, they all support me and the location. Hard drive (or in their case
~) /library/widget. NOT the ~/users/username/library/widget as at least
one other person said, and you agreed with a day or so ago.

Not only do you claim that the articles support your position that the ~ can
have multiple meanings, you never did explain what delusion of yours lead

--
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

Tim Adams

May 21, 2005, 10:43:54 AM5/21/05
In article <BEB394D1.19D61%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

The only thing you've pointed me to prove you a liar as neither one of the
messages contain the text as you are using it. As such you are still a liar.

~garbage snipped

Tim Adams

May 21, 2005, 10:46:33 AM5/21/05
In article <BEB3956A.19D62%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-11A3B9.14...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
> 11:58 AM:
>
> >> I have read your posts - and *you* have been repeatedly wrong. The
> >> articles
> >> in question, however, were spot on!
> >>
> > show me where I said the article wasn't correct in their use of the ~.
>
> Easy - though you will run from these quotes of yours:
>
> Gee, they all support me and the location. Hard drive (or in their case
> ~) /library/widget. NOT the ~/users/username/library/widget as at least
> one other person said, and you agreed with a day or so ago.

Now DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT I WAS TOTALLY DISCUSSING APPLE WIDGETS as I had
stated! Show me where APPLE WIDGETS are installed at ~/library/widgets. Go
ahead, I'm waiting....

~More BS snipped

Snit

May 21, 2005, 12:32:00 PM5/21/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-4232CB.10...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/21/05
7:46 AM:

> In article <BEB3956A.19D62%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>> teadams$2$0$0$3-11A3B9.14...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
>> 11:58 AM:

>>> show me where I said the article wasn't correct in their use of the ~.
>>
>> Easy - though you will run from these quotes of yours:
>>
>> Gee, they all support me and the location. Hard drive (or in their case
>> ~) /library/widget. NOT the ~/users/username/library/widget as at least
>> one other person said, and you agreed with a day or so ago.
>
> Now DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT I WAS TOTALLY DISCUSSING APPLE WIDGETS as I had
> stated! Show me where APPLE WIDGETS are installed at ~/library/widgets. Go
> ahead, I'm waiting....

What does that have to do with your made up and non-standard path:

~/users/username/library/widget

This shows that you were ignorant of what the ~ means, as I honestly state
and you dishonestly deny.

> ~More BS snipped

What Tim Adams is running from this time (as I predicted you would, above):

-----

Snit

May 21, 2005, 12:34:40 PM5/21/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-C73D19.10...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/21/05
7:43 AM:

>>> A claim you can't support and that has been pointed out to you many times
>>> before.
>>
>> Lol... yeah, I am, according to you, in control of Google! Come on, check
>> the Google archive - I have pointed you to the proof, there!
>
> The only thing you've pointed me to prove you a liar as neither one of the
> messages contain the text as you are using it. As such you are still a liar.

What do you *now* claim you were in response to in your comment? Can you
come up with any other plausible explanation for your comment? I thanked
you - you responded "Your (sic) welcome".

The fact that you dishonestly snipped part of my sentence away does not
change that... except in your dishonest view.

--
"If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

Snit

May 21, 2005, 4:08:29 PM5/21/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-11A3B9.14...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
11:58 AM:

>> I have read your posts - and *you* have been repeatedly wrong. The articles

>> in question, however, were spot on!
>>
> show me where I said the article wasn't correct in their use of the ~.

Do you still need me to, after you have stated:

I did however misread one of the articles he referenced. I though it
said that Apple's widgets were installed at ~/library/widgets while it
was in fact referring to auto-install widgets. This misreading lead me
to state that the articles supported me using the ~ as the name of the
hard drive.

Do you now see where you said the article was not correct in their use of
the ~? If not, why do you now say you misread the article and thought it
misused the ~?

Why not just be honest, Tim, instead of trolling and flaming others based on
*your* mistakes?

> I'm merely saying, in the past (and I expect the future) articles have been
> written and published in many places that have indeed used it incorrectly. IF
> you haven't seen any of them, you are either blind, ignore them, or your poor
> reading let you down.

If you think the error you made is so common and that the ~ is often used
incorrectly, surely you can point to *one* example from some magazine...
right?

I can not recall *anyone* making that mistake in any public journal or even,
as is the case with you posts, any public forum (other, of course, than
you!)

The fact that you made the mistake is no big deal. We all make mistakes.
The fact that you trolled and flamed when your mistake was pointed out shows
your lack of character and your habitual inability to be honest.

--
Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

Tim Adams

May 22, 2005, 4:36:31 AM5/22/05
In article <teadams$2$0$0$3-4232CB.10...@news1.east.earthlink.net>,
Tim Adams <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> In article <BEB3956A.19D62%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
> > "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> > teadams$2$0$0$3-11A3B9.14...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
> > 11:58 AM:

> > > show me where I said the article wasn't correct in their use of the ~.
> >
> > Easy - though you will run from these quotes of yours:
> >
> > Gee, they all support me and the location. Hard drive (or in their case
> > ~) /library/widget. NOT the ~/users/username/library/widget as at least
> > one other person said, and you agreed with a day or so ago.
>
> Now DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT I

was dealing with APPLE'S WIDGETS and these articles were totally unrelated to
that. There were there just to add confusion due to your poor understanding of
how to remove them from your system. 'ouch'

Tim Adams

May 22, 2005, 4:37:39 AM5/22/05
In article <BEB4B090.19F0D%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-4232CB.10...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/21/05
> 7:46 AM:
>
> > In article <BEB3956A.19D62%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> > Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
> >
> >> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> >> teadams$2$0$0$3-11A3B9.14...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
> >> 11:58 AM:

> >> Easy - though you will run from these quotes of yours:
> >>
> >> Gee, they all support me and the location. Hard drive (or in their case
> >> ~) /library/widget. NOT the ~/users/username/library/widget as at least
> >> one other person said, and you agreed with a day or so ago.
> >
> > Now DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT I WAS TOTALLY DISCUSSING APPLE WIDGETS as I had
> > stated! Show me where APPLE WIDGETS are installed at ~/library/widgets. Go
> > ahead, I'm waiting....
>
> What does that have to do with your made up and non-standard path:

the same thing the articles you posted had to do with Appled widgets.

Tim Adams

May 22, 2005, 4:38:49 AM5/22/05
In article <BEB4B130.19F17%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-C73D19.10...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/21/05
> 7:43 AM:

> >> Lol... yeah, I am, according to you, in control of Google! Come on, check
> >> the Google archive - I have pointed you to the proof, there!
> >
> > The only thing you've pointed me to prove you a liar as neither one of the
> > messages contain the text as you are using it. As such you are still a
> > liar.
>
> What do you *now* claim you were in response to in your comment?

What's the matter - still having reading problems? My message stands on it's
own.

~snip

Snit

May 22, 2005, 4:45:48 AM5/22/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-F4AE9F.04...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/22/05
1:37 AM:

>>> Now DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT I WAS TOTALLY DISCUSSING APPLE WIDGETS as I had
>>> stated! Show me where APPLE WIDGETS are installed at ~/library/widgets. Go
>>> ahead, I'm waiting....
>>
>> What does that have to do with your made up and non-standard path:
>
> the same thing the articles you posted had to do with Appled widgets.

Appled Widgets?

Surely you do not think that Appled widgets, what ever those are, explains
how any why you not only made up the non-standard path of:

~/users/username/library/widget

but then you dishonestly claimed that someone else created your bizarre path
and I supported it!

Perhaps you think "Appled Widgets" somehow explain your amazingly ignorant
comment of:

YOU were the person claiming that the ~ told people to go to
HardDrive/users/username/ while I stated the ~ indicated the name of the
hard drive only.
To bad in your reading, your delusions took over.

Just what is it you think your oddly sounding creation of Appled Widgets
does for you?

--
Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/bid1
Feel free to ask for the recipe.

Snit

May 22, 2005, 4:51:42 AM5/22/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-20F4C4.04...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/22/05
1:38 AM:

> In article <BEB4B130.19F17%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>> teadams$2$0$0$3-C73D19.10...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/21/05
>> 7:43 AM:

>>> The only thing you've pointed me to prove you a liar as neither one of the
>>> messages contain the text as you are using it. As such you are still a
>>> liar.
>>

>> What do you *now* claim you were in response to in your comment? Can you
>> come up with any other plausible explanation for your comment? I thanked you
>> - you responded "Your (sic) welcome".
>>
>> The fact that you dishonestly snipped part of my sentence away does not
>> change that... except in your dishonest view.
>

> What's the matter - still having reading problems? My message stands on it's
> own.

Of course it does - though you repeatedly deny it. I thanked you for "

proving me right that you will not back up your accusations. You almost
never do... if ever."

And you responded to my thanks with "Your (sic) welcome".

The funny thing is you deny you did so, despite the Google proof... and in
reference to your quote you make up a bunch of accusations against me - but
show you can not back them up. The irony of your stupidity is one of the
best laughs I have had since Steve Carroll had his public break down!

--

Snit: Thank you, Tim, for proving me right that you will not back up your
accusations. You almost never do... if ever.

Tim Adam's reply: Your welcome.

Snit

May 22, 2005, 4:54:06 AM5/22/05
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-ED11BF.04...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/22/05
1:36 AM:

> In article <teadams$2$0$0$3-4232CB.10...@news1.east.earthlink.net>,
> Tim Adams <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <BEB3956A.19D62%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
>> Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>>> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
>>> teadams$2$0$0$3-11A3B9.14...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/20/05
>>> 11:58 AM:

>>> Easy - though you will run from these quotes of yours:
>>>
>>> Gee, they all support me and the location. Hard drive (or in their case
>>> ~) /library/widget. NOT the ~/users/username/library/widget as at least
>>> one other person said, and you agreed with a day or so ago.
>>
>> Now DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT I
>
> was dealing with APPLE'S WIDGETS and these articles were totally unrelated to
> that. There were there just to add confusion due to your poor understanding of
> how to remove them from your system. 'ouch'

Wow... Tim... not only did you respond to yourself, you cut *yourself* off.

I do not think I have seen such stupidity as you are demonstrating since
Steve Carroll tried to prove that if A = B and B = C then A <> C!

--
Snit: Thank you, Tim, for proving me right that you will not back up your
accusations. You almost never do... if ever.

Tim Adam's reply: Your welcome.

Steve Carroll

May 22, 2005, 4:03:42 PM5/22/05
In article <BEB596BE.1A199%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

All that's left now is for you to prove I did what you claimed. C'mon,
you didn't really expect people to take *your* word, did you? LOL!

--
"What makes you think I am interested in "winning" a discussion?" - Snit

Steve

Steve Carroll

May 22, 2005, 4:05:29 PM5/22/05
In article <BEB5962E.1A196%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

LOL!

Tim Adams

May 28, 2005, 12:22:09 AM5/28/05
In article <BEB594CC.1A192%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> stated in post
> teadams$2$0$0$3-F4AE9F.04...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 5/22/05
> 1:37 AM:

> >> What does that have to do with your made up and non-standard path:
> >
> > the same thing the articles you posted had to do with Appled widgets.
>
> Appled Widgets?

Loosing an argument so your picking on typos. How snit of you.

> Surely you do not think that Appled widgets, what ever those are, explains
> how any why you not only made up the non-standard path of:
>
> ~/users/username/library/widget

I see you still fail to understand what an example is. I thought you tried to
pass yourself off as an instructor of some sort.

~more snit babbling snipped

Tim Adams

May 28, 2005, 12:24:55 AM5/28/05
In article <BEB5962E.1A196%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

I've not denied my post - only what it was in response to and as such it does
indeed stand on it's own. You thanked me for making a fool of you yet again and
I said your welcome. I then snipped a bunch of your garbage that didn't have
anything to do with my response and you keep claiming that my 'thank you'
applied to it also. It clearly didn't - live with it.

Tim Adams

May 28, 2005, 12:25:37 AM5/28/05
In article <BEB596BE.1A199%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

Another one of your claims you've never been able to prove.

Wally

May 28, 2005, 3:45:40 AM5/28/05

On 28/5/05 12:22 PM, in article
teadams$2$0$0$3-705F0E.00...@news1.east.earthlink.net, "Tim Adams"
<teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Loosing an argument so your picking on typos. How snit of you.
>

>> Surely you do not think that Appled widgets, what ever those are, explains
>> how any why you not only made up the non-standard path of:

Snit jumps on a typo! Then says.....

" explains how any why you not only .................."

ROTFLMAO!

Elizabot v2.0.2

May 28, 2005, 11:46:30 AM5/28/05

Snit: "So you say now... yet you have repeatedly been trolling on
something you now claim you knew was a typo."

(re Snit's claim that "/System/Widgets" was a typo for "/Library/Widgets.")

So is Snit too stupid to realize Tim's typo, or is he a hypocritical
pedantic ass?? Hmmmm.

And have you noticed how Snit cowardly ran away from his claims that I
have stolen multiple images from his web site?? Do you think he and Anne
are busy designing a new web page for all the baby pictures they should
soon have?