Sure is quiet

Josh McKee

Aug 5, 2006, 3:17:11 PM8/5/06
After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.

Josh

Snit

Aug 5, 2006, 4:20:27 PM8/5/06
"Josh McKee" <jtm...@rmac.net> stated in post
jtmckee-BD877F...@netnews.comcast.net on 8/5/06 12:17 PM:

> After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
> see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
> that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.

Are you planning on leaving, Mr. Josh "Grow Up Maccie" McKee?

--
€ Professionals are not beginners in their field
€ Dreamweaver and GoLive are web design applications

Mayor of R'lyeh

Aug 5, 2006, 4:23:51 PM8/5/06
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:17:11 -0600, Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net>
chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

You should take a peek at all of the caterwauling they're doing about
it, especially Snit.

--
"We believe Internet Explorer is a really good browser.
Internet Explorer is my browser of choice."

Steve Jobs

Snit

Aug 5, 2006, 4:35:20 PM8/5/06
"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
ehv9d21ntpe56csl0...@4ax.com on 8/5/06 1:23 PM:

> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:17:11 -0600, Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
>> After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
>> see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
>> that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
>>
>> Josh
>
> You should take a peek at all of the caterwauling they're doing about
> it, especially Snit.

While I would prefer if Josh would respond in an honest and honorable way, I
respect that since he cannot he has left the conversations. I think his
move was wise.

--
€ Things which are not the same are not "identical"
€ Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree)

Timberwoof

Aug 5, 2006, 4:37:58 PM8/5/06
In article <jtmckee-BD877F...@netnews.comcast.net>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:

These four?

Snit
Muahman
Edwin
Nashton

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com
Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.

Snit

Aug 5, 2006, 4:40:54 PM8/5/06
"Timberwoof" <timberw...@infernosoft.com> stated in post
timberwoof.spam-43...@nnrp-virt.nntp.sonic.net on 8/5/06
1:37 PM:

> In article <jtmckee-BD877F...@netnews.comcast.net>,
> Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:
>
>> After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
>> see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
>> that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
>>
>> Josh
>
> These four?
>
> Snit
> Muahman
> Edwin
> Nashton

Those are not the people he listed.

--
Dear Aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1123221217782777472

bobinnv

Aug 5, 2006, 5:11:30 PM8/5/06
In article <jtmckee-BD877F...@netnews.comcast.net>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:

I learned some time ago how much better this group can be if you kill
file Snit. I have never understood why more people don't do the same..

cleme...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2006, 5:26:43 PM8/5/06

I'm curious. Why do you not kill file Windows advocates who fit your
profile?

Snit

Aug 5, 2006, 5:34:33 PM8/5/06
"bobinnv" <bob...@sbcglobal.net> stated in post
bobinnv-7F55D3...@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com on 8/5/06 2:11
PM:

While I can see where it gets old as I repeat the same truths over and over
again to those who lie, wouldn't it make just as much sense - or more - to
KF the trolls? Either way... no harm done and no offense taken. I am happy
to even help those who wish to KF me and do not know how.

Snit

Aug 5, 2006, 5:37:03 PM8/5/06
"cleme...@gmail.com" <cleme...@gmail.com> stated in post
1154813203.1...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com on 8/5/06 2:26 PM:

Same reason he KFs Mac advocates who do not.

--
€ As of Feb 2006 Apple had no wireless Mighty Mouse
€ If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")

Josh McKee

Aug 5, 2006, 10:19:30 PM8/5/06
In article
Timberwoof <timberw...@infernosoft.com> wrote:

> In article <jtmckee-BD877F...@netnews.comcast.net>,
> Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:
>
> > After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
> > see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
> > that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
> >
> > Josh
>
> These four?
>
> Snit
> Muahman
> Edwin
> Nashton

The four:

Snit
Steve Carroll.
Jim Lee, Jr.
GreyCloud

Interesting that Snit appears on everyone's list...no matter what side
of the fence they sit on.

Josh

Snit

Aug 5, 2006, 10:27:55 PM8/5/06
"Josh McKee" <jtm...@rmac.net> stated in post
jtmckee-085C17...@netnews.comcast.net on 8/5/06 7:19 PM:

I upset trolls on both sides of the fence.

GreyCloud

Aug 6, 2006, 12:46:16 AM8/6/06

To all those that are new to CSMA, Josh is a proven liar and troll. He
does not advocate for any Macs, but apologizes for Microsoft.

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?

Sandman

Aug 6, 2006, 3:39:57 AM8/6/06
In article <jtmckee-BD877F...@netnews.comcast.net>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:

The immaturity you see would go down to something about zero if you
killfile yourself, Josh. :-D

--
Sandman[.net]

NRen2k5

Aug 6, 2006, 7:40:47 AM8/6/06
Snit wrote:
> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
> ehv9d21ntpe56csl0...@4ax.com on 8/5/06 1:23 PM:
>
>> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:17:11 -0600, Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net>
>> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>>
>>> After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
>>> see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
>>> that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
>>>
>>> Josh
>> You should take a peek at all of the caterwauling they're doing about
>> it, especially Snit.
>>
> While I would prefer if Josh would respond in an honest and honorable way, I
> respect that since he cannot he has left the conversations. I think his
> move was wise.

Agreed.

--
http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/
http://theunfunnysequel.ytmnd.com/

http://peeweemisseshisbike.ytmnd.com/

NRen2k5

Aug 6, 2006, 7:42:19 AM8/6/06

Because not everybody is a hedonistic mental midget.

Josh McKee

Aug 6, 2006, 9:17:14 AM8/6/06
In article <1154813203.1...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
cleme...@gmail.com wrote:

This is an experiment to see if there are any people left in this
newsgroup who advocate the Macintosh. The Windows advocates that you
speak of are necessary to provide a foundation for which the Macintosh
advocates should be advocating against. Plus I think it would be
difficult for me to find Windows advocates who lower themselves to the
degree of the Mac "advocates".

Josh

Josh McKee

Aug 6, 2006, 9:21:12 AM8/6/06
In article <ehv9d21ntpe56csl0...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:17:11 -0600, Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
> >see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
> >that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
> >
> >Josh
>
> You should take a peek at all of the caterwauling they're doing about
> it, especially Snit.

It's interesting to hear that they continue to engage in their diatribe
among themselves. That right there is telling all by itself. As I said
when I started my experiment: They're only proving my point.

Josh

Sandman

Aug 6, 2006, 9:37:45 AM8/6/06
In article <jtmckee-7BD9CC...@netnews.comcast.net>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:

> > >After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
> > >see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
> > >that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
> > >
> > >Josh
> >
> > You should take a peek at all of the caterwauling they're doing about
> > it, especially Snit.
>
> It's interesting to hear that they continue to engage in their diatribe
> among themselves. That right there is telling all by itself. As I said
> when I started my experiment: They're only proving my point.

Josh, you shouldn't talk about yourself in third person, and
especially not in plural. It's just bad English.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Aug 6, 2006, 9:38:28 AM8/6/06
In article <jtmckee-4910E1...@netnews.comcast.net>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:

> > I'm curious. Why do you not kill file Windows advocates who fit your
> > profile?
>
> This is an experiment to see if there are any people left in this
> newsgroup who advocate the Macintosh.

There are plenty. But lots of them get caught up in your trolling
threads when you do your best to disrupt the group with your ignorance.

--
Sandman[.net]

Josh McKee

Aug 6, 2006, 10:03:21 AM8/6/06
In article
<bobinnv-7F55D3...@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
bobinnv <bob...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

That's a good question. I might leave him in the kill file after my
experiment has completed. There's a lot less noise.

Josh

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 11:13:54 AM8/6/06
"NRen2k5" <nom...@email.com> stated in post
1zkBg.411$rd3....@wagner.videotron.net on 8/6/06 4:40 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
>> ehv9d21ntpe56csl0...@4ax.com on 8/5/06 1:23 PM:
>>
>>> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:17:11 -0600, Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net>
>>> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>>> You should take a peek at all of the caterwauling they're doing about
>>> it, especially Snit.
>>>
>> While I would prefer if Josh would respond in an honest and honorable way, I
>> respect that since he cannot he has left the conversations. I think his
>> move was wise.
>
> Agreed.

I wish Wally, Tim Adams, Carroll, Sandman and several others could show that
same level of wisdom.

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 11:14:15 AM8/6/06
"NRen2k5" <nom...@email.com> stated in post
uAkBg.412$rd3....@wagner.videotron.net on 8/6/06 4:42 AM:

> bobinnv wrote:
>> In article <jtmckee-BD877F...@netnews.comcast.net>,
>> Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:
>>
>>> After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
>>> see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
>>> that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
>>>
>>> Josh
>>
>> I learned some time ago how much better this group can be if you kill
>> file Snit. I have never understood why more people don't do the same..
>
> Because not everybody is a hedonistic mental midget.

LOL! Great reply!

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 11:24:49 AM8/6/06
"Josh McKee" <jtm...@rmac.net> stated in post
jtmckee-358454...@netnews.comcast.net on 8/6/06 7:03 AM:

>> I learned some time ago how much better this group can be if you kill
>> file Snit. I have never understood why more people don't do the same..
>
> That's a good question. I might leave him in the kill file after my
> experiment has completed. There's a lot less noise.

Here is some of what you call noise:

* My honestly pointing out your silly name calling and why you do it:
A Maccie is someone who has made a point Josh cannot refute so
he calls the person names hoping to obfuscate the issue.

* My honestly pointing out the absurdity of your claims that a subset
of security suggestions is more effective than the whole:
<http://snipurl.com/uhqz>

* My honestly pointing out how you dishonestly snip:
<http://snipurl.com/uhqt>

* My honestly pointing out how you flip flop in your claims of
immunity or near-immunity: <http://snipurl.com/uhqw>

In each case I have honestly pointed out your irrational or contradictory
claims, your trolling, or your other poor behavior. You have no honest and
honorable response. Knowing that you are making the wise choice to not
respond at all... I do hope you maintain the level of wisdom you show with
that but do no sour it by adding to your pile of lies.

--
€ Dreamweaver, being the #1 pro web design tool, is used by many pros
€ Different viruses are still different even if in the same "family"

Sandman

Aug 6, 2006, 11:29:11 AM8/6/06
In article <C0FB57D1.58587%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> >> I learned some time ago how much better this group can be if you kill
> >> file Snit. I have never understood why more people don't do the same..
> >
> > That's a good question. I might leave him in the kill file after my
> > experiment has completed. There's a lot less noise.
>
> Here is some of what you call noise:
>
> * My honestly pointing out

Your lie above disqualified the rest of your post from being read. If
you want me to read your posts, you have to stop lying and trolling.

Thanks.

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 11:46:39 AM8/6/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-1E4FB6.17...@individual.net on 8/6/06 8:29 AM:

>>> That's a good question. I might leave him in the kill file after my
>>> experiment has completed. There's a lot less noise.
>>
>> Here is some of what you call noise:
>>

>> * My honestly pointing out your silly name calling and why you do it:
>> A Maccie is someone who has made a point Josh cannot refute so
>> he calls the person names hoping to obfuscate the issue.
>>
>> * My honestly pointing out the absurdity of your claims that a subset
>> of security suggestions is more effective than the whole:
>> <http://snipurl.com/uhqz>
>>
>> * My honestly pointing out how you dishonestly snip:
>> <http://snipurl.com/uhqt>
>>
>> * My honestly pointing out how you flip flop in your claims of
>> immunity or near-immunity: <http://snipurl.com/uhqw>

> Your lie above

Your accusation
Support it now if you can
Be honorable

Chris Clement

Aug 6, 2006, 11:49:40 AM8/6/06

Josh McKee wrote:
> In article <1154813203.1...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> cleme...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Josh McKee wrote:
> > > After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
> > > see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
> > > that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
> > >
> > > Josh
> >
> > I'm curious. Why do you not kill file Windows advocates who fit your
> > profile?

<bs snipped>

Plus I think it would be
> difficult for me to find Windows advocates who lower themselves to the
> degree of the Mac "advocates".

LOL! Please. You've got Edwin calling anyone who disagrees with him
"pedophiles" and MuahMan comparing Mac advocates to terrorist
organizations.

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 11:51:31 AM8/6/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-265A00.15...@individual.net on 8/6/06 6:38 AM:

Often you blame Snit
This time you show support
My thanks to Sandman

--
€ Some people do use the term "screen name" in relation to IRC
€ Teaching is a "real job"

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 12:02:16 PM8/6/06
"Chris Clement" <chris....@mac.com> stated in post
1154879380....@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com on 8/6/06 8:49 AM:

Carroll and Adams
And I believe Wally, too
Also sink so low

Sandman

Aug 6, 2006, 12:04:33 PM8/6/06
In article <C0FB5E13.585A0%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

> >> This is an experiment to see if there are any people left in this
> >> newsgroup who advocate the Macintosh.
> >
> > There are plenty. But lots of them get caught up in your trolling
> > threads when you do your best to disrupt the group with your ignorance.
>
> Often you blame Snit
> This time you show support

Your lie above disqualified the rest of your post from being read. If

Sandman

Aug 6, 2006, 12:04:49 PM8/6/06
In article <C0FB5CEF.58594%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> Your accusation

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 12:13:39 PM8/6/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-E925F4.18...@individual.net on 8/6/06 9:04 AM:

>>> There are plenty. But lots of them get caught up in your trolling
>>> threads when you do your best to disrupt the group with your ignorance.
>>
>> Often you blame Snit
>> This time you show support

>> My thanks to Sandman

> Your lie above disqualified the rest of your post from being read. If
> you want me to read your posts, you have to stop lying and trolling.
>
> Thanks.

Sandman snips again
He cannot become honest
Or honorable

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 12:14:51 PM8/6/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-DD515A.18...@individual.net on 8/6/06 9:04 AM:

>>> Your lie above
>>
>> Your accusation
>> Support it now if you can
>> Be honorable
>

> Your lie above disqualified the rest of your post from being read. If
> you want me to read your posts, you have to stop lying and trolling.
>
> Thanks.

Sandman snips again

He cannot become honest
Or honorable

Josh McKee

Aug 6, 2006, 1:22:11 PM8/6/06
In article <1154879380....@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"Chris Clement" <chris....@mac.com> wrote:

Even if true it still doesn't sink to the level of the Mac "advocates".

Josh

Sandman

Aug 6, 2006, 1:25:17 PM8/6/06
In article <jtmckee-48CEDF...@netnews.comcast.net>,
Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net> wrote:

> > LOL! Please. You've got Edwin calling anyone who disagrees with him
> > "pedophiles" and MuahMan comparing Mac advocates to terrorist
> > organizations.
>
> Even if true it still doesn't sink to the level of the Mac "advocates".

Well, as long as we Mac advocates doesn't sink to your name-calling
level, we're home free.

People like Muahman and Edwin are self-admitted trolls. They know they
act like immature idiots. You pretend - like Snit - that you're not a
troll and that you are truly ignorant about computers, so in a way
you're a lot worse than trolls like Edwin.

Which, I'm sure, is your goal anyway.

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 1:29:42 PM8/6/06
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> stated in post
mr-C8C030.19...@individual.net on 8/6/06 10:25 AM:

You call people names
Put others down for the same
What a hypocrite

Edwin

Aug 6, 2006, 6:58:50 PM8/6/06

What motivates you to post such a blatant lie? A desire to show the
true nature of Mac Advocacy?

[snip]

Edwin

Aug 6, 2006, 7:01:26 PM8/6/06
On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 13:35 -0700, Snit wrote:
> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
> ehv9d21ntpe56csl0...@4ax.com on 8/5/06 1:23 PM:
>
> > On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:17:11 -0600, Josh McKee <jtm...@rmac.net>
> > chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
> >
> >> After having kill filed just four people the volume of immaturity that I
> >> see has decreased significantly. One might actually get the impression
> >> that CSMA is a place where mature people discuss things.
> >>
> >> Josh
> >
> > You should take a peek at all of the caterwauling they're doing about
> > it, especially Snit.
> >
> While I would prefer if Josh would respond in an honest and honorable way,

You wouldn't know "honest" or "honorable" if you fell over them.

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 7:19:23 PM8/6/06
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> stated in post
1154905286.1...@localhost.localdomain on 8/6/06 4:01 PM:

You spew more insults
But you lack any support
Do you think I care?

Alan Baker

Aug 6, 2006, 8:58:42 PM8/6/06
In article <1154905130.1...@localhost.localdomain>,
Edwin <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

I will say here and now, that I don't know of any time Edwin has come
out and said anyone was that.

You did, however Edwin, come pretty close to it with Chris Clement,
didn't you? Him trying to figure out whether you are a child or not is
not even slightly related to him "hoping" you're a child, and you know
it.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 9:08:13 PM8/6/06
"Alan Baker" <alang...@telus.net> stated in post
alangbaker-1E80E...@news.telus.net on 8/6/06 5:58 PM:

>>> LOL! Please. You've got Edwin calling anyone who disagrees with him
>>> "pedophiles"
>>
>> What motivates you to post such a blatant lie? A desire to show the
>> true nature of Mac Advocacy?
>

> I will say here and now, that I don't know of any time Edwin has come
> out and said anyone was that.

Edwin has accused people of different illegal sex acts, though I do not know
if that one is on his list. Edwin has also focused on toilet flushing, glue
sniffing, and other such oddities.

Edwin

Aug 6, 2006, 11:10:18 PM8/6/06
Alan Baker wrote:

Thank you.

> You did, however Edwin, come pretty close to it with Chris Clement,
> didn't you?

But I never directly called him that. I didn't seriously imply it either.

> Him trying to figure out whether you are a child or not is
> not even slightly related to him "hoping" you're a child, and you know
> it.

You're absolutely certain the two are not even slightly related?

Alan Baker

Aug 6, 2006, 11:20:16 PM8/6/06
In article <uayBg.1652$1f6...@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>,
Edwin <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

That doesn't make it in much better taste.

> > Him trying to figure out whether you are a child or not is
> > not even slightly related to him "hoping" you're a child, and you know
> > it.
>
> You're absolutely certain the two are not even slightly related?

Not even slightly. Figuring out what things are has absolutely nothing
to do with what one might hope.

It's a lesson you would do well to learn.

Edwin

Aug 6, 2006, 11:21:37 PM8/6/06
Snit wrote:

> "Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> stated in post
> 1154905286.1...@localhost.localdomain on 8/6/06 4:01 PM:
>
>> On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 13:35 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> stated in post
>>> ehv9d21ntpe56csl0...@4ax.com on 8/5/06 1:23 PM:

>>> While I would prefer if Josh would respond in an honest and honorable
>>> way,
>>
>> You wouldn't know "honest" or "honorable" if you fell over them.
>>
> You spew more insults

Where?

> But you lack any support

You provide all the support my above statement needs.

> Do you think I care?

The only thing you care about is always having the spotlight on you, no
matter what you have to do to get it.

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 11:32:19 PM8/6/06
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> stated in post
5lyBg.1657$1f6...@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net on 8/6/06 8:21 PM:

Your circus is old.

You are making accusations about me and offering no support. You are
trolling. Period.

Edwin

Aug 6, 2006, 11:41:04 PM8/6/06
Alan Baker wrote:

*shrug* I've had Mac Advocates write as bad or worse to me without drawing
any protest from you.

>> > Him trying to figure out whether you are a child or not is
>> > not even slightly related to him "hoping" you're a child, and you know
>> > it.
>>
>> You're absolutely certain the two are not even slightly related?
>
> Not even slightly. Figuring out what things are has absolutely nothing
> to do with what one might hope.

So when you're reading a menu in a restaurant, it's not because you hope to
find food you'd like to eat, when you read a bus schedule, it's not because
you hope to find a bus to carry you to your destination, when you try to
find out if a hotel has a vacancy, it's not because you're hoping for a
place to stay? You're sure this is what you want to say?

> It's a lesson you would do well to learn.

LOL No thanks.

Snit

Aug 6, 2006, 11:52:55 PM8/6/06
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> stated in post
kDyBg.1664$1f6...@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net on 8/6/06 8:41 PM:

>>> You're absolutely certain the two are not even slightly related?
>>
>> Not even slightly. Figuring out what things are has absolutely nothing
>> to do with what one might hope.
>
> So when you're reading a menu in a restaurant, it's not because you hope to
> find food you'd like to eat, when you read a bus schedule, it's not because
> you hope to find a bus to carry you to your destination, when you try to
> find out if a hotel has a vacancy, it's not because you're hoping for a
> place to stay? You're sure this is what you want to say?

Your silly semantic games and trolling are pathetic. When someone asks if
you are a child because they believe you are acting as one that does not
mean they hope you are one. This is true no matter how pathetic your circus
becomes.

Alan Baker

Aug 6, 2006, 11:56:56 PM8/6/06
In article <kDyBg.1664$1f6...@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>,
Edwin <thor...@juno.com> wrote:

Really? Examples?

> >> You're absolutely certain the two are not even slightly related?
> >
> > Not even slightly. Figuring out what things are has absolutely nothing
> > to do with what one might hope.
>
> So when you're reading a menu in a restaurant, it's not because you hope to
> find food you'd like to eat, when you read a bus schedule, it's not because
> you hope to find a bus to carry you to your destination, when you try to
> find out if a hotel has a vacancy, it's not because you're hoping for a
> place to stay? You're sure this is what you want to say?
>
> > It's a lesson you would do well to learn.
>
> LOL No thanks.

I could have guessed you would say that.

Examples:

Wanting Pixar not to be using Macs doesn't make it so.

Wanting Vista's speech recognition doesn't make it so.

Edwin

Aug 7, 2006, 12:13:12 AM8/7/06

You expect me to go digging through years worth of posts to find you
examples? Especially when you'd never do any such thing yourself?

> > > Not even slightly. Figuring out what things are has absolutely nothing
> > > to do with what one might hope.
> >
> > So when you're reading a menu in a restaurant, it's not because you hope to
> > find food you'd like to eat, when you read a bus schedule, it's not because
> > you hope to find a bus to carry you to your destination, when you try to
> > find out if a hotel has a vacancy, it's not because you're hoping for a
> > place to stay? You're sure this is what you want to say?

Hey Alan! You forgot to answer this!

> > > It's a lesson you would do well to learn.
> >
> > LOL No thanks.
>
> I could have guessed you would say that.

Sure, because I'm an intelligent guy.

> Examples:
>
> Wanting Pixar not to be using Macs doesn't make it so.
>
> Wanting Vista's speech recognition doesn't make it so.

WTF does that have to do with anything above? You didn't say "wanting
a thing doesn't make it so," you said "Figuring out what things are has

Edwin

Aug 7, 2006, 12:17:53 AM8/7/06
On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 20:52 -0700, Snit wrote:
> "Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> stated in post
> kDyBg.1664$1f6...@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net on 8/6/06 8:41 PM:

It's time to cap up your tube of glue, Snit.

Snit

Aug 7, 2006, 1:01:27 AM8/7/06
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> stated in post
1154924272.4...@localhost.localdomain on 8/6/06 9:17 PM:

>>> So when you're reading a menu in a restaurant, it's not because you hope to
>>> find food you'd like to eat, when you read a bus schedule, it's not because
>>> you hope to find a bus to carry you to your destination, when you try to
>>> find out if a hotel has a vacancy, it's not because you're hoping for a
>>> place to stay? You're sure this is what you want to say?
>>
>> Your silly semantic games and trolling are pathetic. When someone asks if
>> you are a child because they believe you are acting as one that does not mean
>> they hope you are one. This is true no matter how pathetic your circus
>> becomes.

> It's time to cap up your tube of glue, Snit.

Other than fulfilling some sick need to get in the last word, of what value
was your above trolling? I really do not understand. Will you please
explain.

If you do or you do not, though, the facts stay the same: you silly semantic
claims are pathetic. When someone asks if you are a child because they

believe you are acting as one that does not mean they hope you are one.
This is true no matter how pathetic your circus becomes.

Snit

Aug 7, 2006, 1:04:21 AM8/7/06
"Edwin" <thor...@juno.com> stated in post
1154923992.4...@localhost.localdomain on 8/6/06 9:13 PM:

>>> *shrug* I've had Mac Advocates write as bad or worse to me without drawing
>>> any protest from you.
>>
>> Really? Examples?
>
> You expect me to go digging through years worth of posts to find you
> examples? Especially when you'd never do any such thing yourself?

At least you make it clear you would need to dig through years worth of
stuff - so not even you think it is common.

Also keep in mind that if you cannot find examples and there are some, maybe
for each of those examples Alan jumped in to defend you.

Can you support your claims or just blame your lack of support on other
people's "circuses"