DAC on AWE 64 GOLD

Timur

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

Hello,

please tell me if that's true that awe 64 gold has 18-bit dac.

Thanks

Carsten Mueller

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

On 18 Jan 1998 18:52:37 GMT, "Timur" <p...@postman.ru.remove> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>please tell me if that's true that awe 64 gold has 18-bit dac.

As far as i know - it?s 16Bit an the same like the one on the Value

greetings

Carsten Mueller

Alex Noble

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

In article <01bd2442$b58e8660$114e...@nomatter.aha.ru>, Timur

>Hello,
>
>please tell me if that's true that awe 64 gold has 18-bit dac.

I'm fairly sure that the awe technology is only 16 bit, and because of
that, there wouldn't be that much point in having an 18-bit dac.

Alex Noble.........................................alex@elbon.demon.co.uk
Wicked original music for your ears: http://www.elbon.demon.co.uk/es/
Home of Euphy Scott Productions.

Fymah

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

>please tell me if that's true that awe 64 gold has 18-bit dac.

AFAIK, the WAV output is still the older chipset so that's 16bit, and the synth
DAC is probably still the Philips 13xx series which is 16bit. Only the digital
out is 20bit.