Unknown ATI 8-bit videocard

Ruud Baltissen

Aug 28, 2001, 4:52:02 AM8/28/01
Hallo allemaal,

I recently got an Tulip Compact-2 PC, a XT-clone. It had an 8-bit ATI
VGA-card onboard. Just for fun I still experiment a bit with 8088-boards.
Until now I used a MGP-card but having a VGA-card means I can put a monitor
aside. Problem: I have no docs of this board. Can anybody help, please?

- the back has a 15-pin D-connector at the top, an 8-bit dipswitch in the
middle, and a 9-pin D-connector at the bottom. (EGA, CGA or even MGP ???)
- white characters on component side: P/N 18008 rev. 5
- serial number (?) on paper on the solder side: VHK 008109
- characters in copper on the solderside:
ELEC 94V0
E33308 8745
- EPROM has sticker with: VIP 1.02 (C) 1987
- Main IC's:
- (M)inmos A G171S-35C
- CHIPS P82C441
ATI 16899-0 1742-02-5

Thank you very much for any help.

___
/ __|__
/ / |_/ Groetjes, Ruud
\ \__|_\
\___| http://Ruud.C64.org

Tom Schipper

Aug 28, 2001, 2:54:11 PM8/28/01

A little quick study at the ATI web site indicates it's their VIP card.
Check out the following web page for links to more information.
http://support.ati.com/products/pc/other_graphics/vip_vga.html

Good luck,

Tom

Ruud Baltissen (Ruud.Ba...@abp.nl) wrote: