Rod Speed FAQ

dizzy

Apr 29, 2003, 9:49:31 PM4/29/03

Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet.

Why is Rod Speed worth a FAQ?

You need to brush up on your NetSpeak. Rod most certainly isn't
worth a FUQ in anybody's opinion except his own.

Rod certainly posts a lot. Why is that?

It relates back to the point about boosting his own self esteem by
what amounts to effectively having a wank in public. Rod's
personality, as exemplified by his posts, means he is practically
unemployable which means he sits around at home all day festering away
and getting worse and worse. This means he posts more and more try
and boost the old failing self esteem. Being unemployed also means he
as a lot of time on his hands to post in he first place.

But maybe Rod really is a very clever and knowledgable person?

Clever? His posts wouldn't support that theory. As far as being
knowledgable, well, Rod has posted to various aus newsgroups including
invest, comms, and politics. He has posted to all as a self professed
expert" and flames any and all who disagree with him. Logically,
here's no way any single individual could be more than a jack of all
trades across such a wide spread of subject matter.

But maybe Rod really is an expert in some areas?

Possibly. However, his "bedside manner" prevents him from being
taken seriously by most normal people. Also, he has damaged his
credibility in areas where he might know what he's on about by
shooting his self in the foot in areas where he does not. For
example, in the case of subject matter such as politics, even a view
held by Albert Einstein cannot be little more than an opinion and to
vociferously denigrate an opposing opinion is simply small mindedness
and bigotry, the kind of which Einstein himself fought against his
whole life.

What is Rod Speed's main modus operandi?

Simple! He shoots off a half brained opinion in response to any other
post and touts that opinion as fact. When challenged, he responds
with vociferous and rabid denigration. He has an instantly
recognisable set of schoolboy put downs limited pretty much to the
following: "Pathetic, Puerile, Little Boy, try harder, trivial, more
lies, gutless wonder, wanker, etc etc". The fact that Rod has been
unable to come up with any new insults says a lot about his outlook
and intelligence.

But why do so many people respond to Rod in turn?

It has to do with effrontery and a lack of logic. Most people who
post have some basis of reason for what they write and when Rod
retorts with his usual denigration and derision they respond
emotionally rather than logically. It's like a teacher in a class
room who has a misbehaving pupil. The teacher challenges the pupil to
explain himself and the student responds with "fuck off, Big Nose!"
Even thought the teacher has a fairly normal proboscis, he gets a dent
in his self-esteem and might resort to an emotional repsonse like
"yeah? well your dick wouldn't fill a pop rivet, punk", which merely
invites some oneupmanship from the naughty pupil. Of course, the
teacher should not have justified the initial comment with a
response, especially in front of the class. The correct response was
"please report to the headmaster's office right NOW!"

What is a "RodBot"?

Some respondents in aus.invest built a "vritual Rod" which was
indiscernable from the "real" Rod. Net users could enter an opinion
or even a fact and the RoDBot would tell them they were pathetic lying
schoolboys who should be able to do better or some equally pithy Rod
Speedism.

Are you saying that Rod Speed is a Troll?

You got it!

What is the best way to handle Rod Speed?

KillFile!

Will Dormann

Apr 29, 2003, 11:27:50 PM4/29/03
dizzy wrote:
> Who or What is Rod Speed?

<yawn>

-WD

David

Apr 30, 2003, 8:49:12 AM4/30/03
> But maybe Rod really is a very clever and knowledgable person?

He could not and would not produce a single piece of evidence in a recent
thread after asking why he thought his largely incorrect postings were
justified with no reasons behind them - he failed even respond to this
question *13* times, and always cut it from his quoting!

> But why do so many people respond to Rod in turn?

Bit of fun after a couple of posts - eventually proved without doubt that he
hasn't a clue! See "IBM (Hitachi) 180GXP harddisks are a joke" - just the
last few posts will do.

> What is the best way to handle Rod Speed?
> KillFile!

Already done. :o)

Another question for your FAQ:
Where does he get all his 'apparent' knowledge?
It was recently established (and not denied despite having many many direct
opportunities to do so) that he gains all of his knowledge from the
"Ladybird book of..." series of books, particularly on Law, Maths,
Statistics, Logic, Probability, Spelling, Grammar, Making Arguments, and
various others.
For those of you who don't know, Ladybird generally publish books for those
in the age range of 5 and under!

David

Rod Speed

Apr 30, 2003, 3:43:16 PM4/30/03
Some pathological liar desperately cowering behind
David <david...@hotmail.com> lied so comprehensively
that hits nose must be hitting his monitor now in message

Fred James

Apr 30, 2003, 3:44:19 PM4/30/03

David

May 2, 2003, 9:52:09 AM5/2/03

Well I have no idea what that quote is referring to because it doesn't work.

However, I was considerably unamazed to find that your ISP happens to be the
same as that of the very Rod Speed - and you sound so much like him too!
Now, some people may think that that means that there is an ISP which is
reserved for idiots... I might go out on a limb here though and guess that
Rod Speed = Fred James! Changing your e-mail address to a Russian one
doesn't make you completely untraceable you know - there are nice headers
full of useful information!

Shall we compare them - Fred's post against Rods most recent post (that I
could see anyway).

Fred James:

Rod Speed:

Fred James:
2003 05:44:19 EST)

Rod Speed:

NOTE - He's used a different news server, but his IP shows up the same in
both.

Fred James:

Rod Speed:

NOTE - Notice coming from the same ISP (bigpond.net.au), but via the
different server he's using, but both eventually coming to my local server
at Warwick University.

Fred James:

Rod Speed:

NOTE - The exact same version number for Outlook Express - nothing highly
unusual, but certainly not different, and not the most recent version
either.

Fred James:
From: "Fred James" <f...@zap.biz.ru>

Rod Speed:
From: "Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com>

NOTE - He thinks changing his e-mail address will confuse everyone!

Nice try!

David

John

May 2, 2003, 10:31:09 AM5/2/03

Nice work

"David" <david...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

David

May 2, 2003, 2:35:55 PM5/2/03
> Nice work

Hehe - its getting too easy now! ;o)

David

Fred James

May 2, 2003, 2:41:39 PM5/2/03
Some pathological liar desperately cowering behind
David <david...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> NOTE - He thinks changing his e-mail address will confuse everyone!

Wrong. As always.

chrisv

May 2, 2003, 2:55:22 PM5/2/03
On Sat, 3 May 2003 00:31:09 +1000, "John" <knight_j...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Nice work

As if all that research were required to see that it was Ron...

John

May 2, 2003, 2:59:47 PM5/2/03

"Fred James" <f...@zap.biz.ru> wrote in message

You've been busted Rodney

Rod Speed

May 2, 2003, 4:17:10 PM5/2/03

John <knight_j...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Fred James <f...@zap.biz.ru> wrote
>> David <david...@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> NOTE - He thinks changing his e-mail address will confuse everyone!

>> Wrong. As always.

> You've been busted Rodney

Wrong. As always.

Even a terminally stupid fuckwit such as yourself
should have noticed that that pathological liar tried
the usual juvenile posturing about killfiles and that that
is the obvious response to that sort of puerile stunt.

It wasnt meant to 'fool' anyone, fuckwit.

David

May 2, 2003, 7:53:51 PM5/2/03
> Even a terminally stupid fuckwit such as yourself
> should have noticed that that pathological liar tried
> the usual juvenile posturing about killfiles and that that
> is the obvious response to that sort of puerile stunt.
> It wasnt meant to 'fool' anyone, fuckwit.

OK - a quick unblock to see what you're rambling on about (since you're
there anyway).
First, I block you because I don't want to hear from you, whatever name you
decide to use. You are no more interesting as Fred than you are as Rod.
Secondly, if you didn't think you were fooling anyone, why did you change
your name and e-mail address to something so very different - if you didn't
write the same crap under both names, some paople may not have realised it
was you - there was no indication from your name or e-mail, the two most
obvious identifiers. You could just as easily have become Ro_d Spee_d with
something similar as your e-mail address if you wanted people to know it was
you - you clearly didn't! Its too late now to pretend you weren't trying to
make it look like someone else was backing you up - you've been caught out
as usual!
Now back on to my block list - both you and your imaginary friend! I
imagine we'll get more posts from another of your imaginary friends soon
though, from another server and under another name - via Google maybe?

David

pathological liar shafters Inc

May 2, 2003, 8:30:32 PM5/2/03
Some pathological liar desperately cowering behind
David <david...@hotmail.com> got caught out on
yet another of its pathological lies in message

>> Even a terminally stupid fuckwit such as yourself
>> should have noticed that that pathological liar tried
>> the usual juvenile posturing about killfiles and that
>> that is the obvious response to that sort of puerile
>> stunt. It wasnt meant to 'fool' anyone, fuckwit.

> OK - a quick unblock to see what you're rambling on about

Even you should be able to lie more convincingly than that, child.

> (since you're there anyway).

> First, I block you because I don't want to hear from you,

How odd that you are replying to this one, liar.

> whatever name you decide to use. You are no
> more interesting as Fred than you are as Rod.

Even you should be able to bullshit your way out of
your predicament better than that pathetic effort, child.

> Secondly, if you didn't think you were fooling anyone, why did you
> change your name and e-mail address to something so very different

So that whatever was done killfile wise wouldnt work, fuckwit.

> - if you didn't write the same crap under both names,
> some paople may not have realised it was you

Only the terminal stupids and they dont matter a damn anyway.

> - there was no indication from your name
> or e-mail, the two most obvious identifiers.

Must be one of those rocket scientist pathological lying children.

> You could just as easily have become Ro_d Spee_d
> with something similar as your e-mail address if you
> wanted people to know it was you

And I didnt choose to do that, stupid.

> - you clearly didn't!

Must be one of those rocket scientist pathological lying children.

> Its too late now to pretend you weren't trying to
> make it look like someone else was backing you up

Only a terminal fuckwit would be stupid enough to
'think' that thats what I was trying to do, fuckwit.

If I did want to do that, it would have been completely trivial to
ensure that the isp and the IP werent the same, so you would
have had no way of working out that it had anything to do with me.

> - you've been caught out as usual!

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys, child.

> Now back on to my block list - both you and your imaginary friend!

Fat lot of good that will ever do you, child.

> I imagine we'll get more posts from another of your imaginary friends soon
> though, from another server and under another name - via Google maybe?

Your pathetic little fetid imagination is your
problem, child. Always has been, always will be.

Dont worry, you can always pretend to have never
seen this. Pity you wont actually fool anyone at all.

Locutus

May 2, 2003, 8:35:20 PM5/2/03
is this dick head still alive
Rod go kill your self no one like you

HddGuru

May 3, 2003, 4:28:47 AM5/3/03
"Fred James" <f...@zap.biz.ru> wrote in message news:<nIVra.8214$lD4....@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

Could Foolberk be his operator???? You never know... LOL

John Iser

May 4, 2003, 6:36:41 AM5/4/03
dizzy <di...@nospan.com> wrote in message
<cpauavk8mu80j11j7...@4ax.com>:

Here is a correction and a couple of extra Q/As for the FAQ.

N.B. I use the convention of calling it 'the Rodbot' and referring to
it as 'it'. This is because I am convinced that it is a Natural
Stupidity script. Feel free to change this.

Also, the Rodbot has its own newsgroup (alt.fan.rod-speed) so you
might like to xpost this FAQ to it the next time you put it up.
[snip]

>What is a "RodBot"?
>
>Some respondents in aus.invest built a "vritual Rod" which was
>indiscernable from the "real" Rod. Net users could enter an opinion
>or even a fact and the RoDBot would tell them they were pathetic lying
>schoolboys who should be able to do better or some equally pithy Rod
>Speedism.

Correction:
The original Rodbot was a Perl script written by David Moss and made
available in aus.politics in 1997...
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=adm.864011752%40ccadfa&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

...which by some strange coincidence was the year it won the highly
uncoveted aus.politics Net.Kook Of The Year award:
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/7573/auspkook.html

>Are you saying that Rod Speed is a Troll?
>
>You got it!
>
>What is the best way to handle Rod Speed?
>
>KillFile!

Q. The advice above is only partially effective because the Rodbot
seems to have more than one identity. What names besides its own does
the Rodbot use?

A. Currently (May 2003):
"Joe Chambers" <j...@zap.biz.ca>
"Fred James" <f...@zap.biz.ru>
"pathological liar shafters Inc" <pl...@grot.biz.it>
(There may be more...)

Q. Does the Rodbot have a Web presence?

A. Of course. This site features some historical Rodbotisms:
http://www.txc.net.au/~xaragma/roddles.html

Here is the Perl source code for RodBot 2.5, with a sample Insults
file: http://www.txc.net.au/~xaragma/rodbot.html

These two are interactive Rodbot clones:
http://www.sensationbot.com/chat-rodspeed.html
http://cyberfuddle.com/infinitebabble/features/roddles.html

Rod Speed

May 4, 2003, 3:22:09 PM5/4/03

John Iser <john...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Here is a correction and a couple of extra Q/As for the FAQ.

Pity you cant even manage to get the simplest stuff right.

> The original Rodbot was a Perl script written by David Moss

Wrong. As always. That was very much a johnny come lately.

> Q. Does the Rodbot have a Web presence?

Just pathetic little creatures still desperately licking their wounds
YEARS after they got done like a dinner, sometimes well over a decade.

Locutus

May 4, 2003, 3:46:54 PM5/4/03

"Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Go kill your self
no one likes you

Rita A. Berkowitz

May 4, 2003, 6:39:56 PM5/4/03

"Locutus" <Dr...@Uni-MatrixOne.DeltaQuadrent> wrote in message

Let the simple bastard alone as this is all he has to fulfill his empty
life.

Rita

Folkert Rienstra

May 5, 2003, 8:26:49 AM5/5/03

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:rnf5bvobd569g2fnt...@4ax.com...

> On Sat, 3 May 2003 00:31:09 +1000, "John" <knight_j...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Nice work
>
> As if all that research were required to see that it was Rod...

Yeah, 'pathetic' really.

Folkert Rienstra

May 5, 2003, 8:36:07 AM5/5/03

"HddGuru" <HDD...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:36aa6cf0.03050...@posting.google.com...

"Dan" <danyel...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c0cacd47.02013...@posting.google.com...
: Funny Foolberk,

Nice one, danny.

So then danny, you don't like your name much, is it?

:

Folkert Rienstra

May 4, 2003, 8:41:53 PM5/4/03

"David" <david...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b8v0ea$opm$1...@wisteria.csv.warwick.ac.uk...

> > Even a terminally stupid fuckwit such as yourself
> > should have noticed that that pathological liar tried
> > the usual juvenile posturing about killfiles and that that
> > is the obvious response to that sort of puerile stunt.
> > It wasnt meant to 'fool' anyone, fuckwit.

[snip]

> Now back on to my block list -

So add '@mailz', '@mailb' and 'com.ru' to your kill file and be done with it,
OK Trollfeeder?

> both you and your imaginary friend! I
> imagine we'll get more posts from another of your imaginary friends soon
> though, from another server and under another name - via Google maybe?

Stop feeding.

> David

pathological liar shafters Inc

May 4, 2003, 8:40:18 PM5/4/03

Folkert Rienstra <see_Re...@myweb.nl> wrote in
message news:b94a5b$fbnki$8...@ID-79662.news.dfncis.de...

> So add '@mailz', '@mailb' and 'com.ru'
> to your kill file and be done with it,

In your pathetic little drug crazed dreams, trollchild.

Eric Gisin

May 4, 2003, 9:23:23 PM5/4/03
Nice to see you see yourself, Rod.

"pathological liar shafters Inc" <pl...@grot.biz.it> wrote in message

Rod Speed

May 4, 2003, 11:39:36 PM5/4/03
Some pathetic little drug crazed trollchild claiming to be
Eric Gisin <er...@go.to> wrote in message
just what you'd expect from that pathetic little drug crazed trollchild.

HddGuru

May 5, 2003, 10:35:52 AM5/5/03
Done like a dinner :O) Nice ....LOL

John Iser

May 5, 2003, 11:37:35 PM5/5/03
"The Rodbot" <rod_...@yahoo.com> cut-n-pasted in message
<b93p8o$ev9ps$1...@ID-69072.news.dfncis.de>:

>John Iser <john...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Here is a correction and a couple of extra Q/As for the FAQ.
>
>Pity you cant even manage to get the simplest stuff right.

What'd I get wrong, O Rodbeating Rodbot?

>> The original Rodbot was a Perl script written by David Moss
>
>Wrong. As always. That was very much a johnny come lately.

Dear Wrong-as-always Wrodbot: that is an *assertion*. Please get your
programmer to insert this factoid into your (what passes for)
knowledge database: argument by assertion is a *logical fallacy*.

I have *this* to back up my statement:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=adm.863673844%40ccadfa&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain.
This is the earliest appearance of the Rodbot script on Google and
hence Usenet.

What have *you* got to back up your assertion? Let me guess: more
cut-n-paste ad hominem, or in layperson's terms - nothing.

>> Q. Does the Rodbot have a Web presence?
>
>Just pathetic little creatures still desperately licking their wounds
>YEARS after they got done like a dinner, sometimes well over a decade.

In your imagination subroutine only, O Poorly Programmed Rodbot. It's
truer to say that people have been laughing at you for well over a
decade.

Rod Speed

May 6, 2003, 12:59:03 AM5/6/03

Some pathological liar claiming to be

> Rod Speed <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote
>> John Iser <john...@yahoo.com> wrote

>>> Here is a correction and a couple of extra Q/As for the FAQ.

>> Pity you cant even manage to get the simplest stuff right.

> What'd I get wrong,

You have absolutely no idea at all, have you liar ?

>>> The original Rodbot was a Perl script written by David Moss

>> Wrong. As always. That was very much a johnny come lately.

> Dear Wrong-as-always Wrodbot: that is an *assertion*.

Wrong. As always. Thats a FACT, fuckwit.

> Please get your programmer to insert this factoid
> into your (what passes for) knowledge database:
> argument by assertion is a *logical fallacy*.

Taint argument by assertion, its a FACT, fuckwit.

> I have *this* to back up my statement:

You dont. As always.

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=adm.863673844%40ccadfa&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain.
> This is the earliest appearance of the Rodbot
> script on Google and hence Usenet.

Got sweet fuck all to do with what has happened outside usenet, fuckwit.

> What have *you* got to back up your assertion?

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to find
it in one of the site you so mindlessly spewed, fuckwit.

>>> Q. Does the Rodbot have a Web presence?

>> Just pathetic little creatures still desperately licking their wounds
>> YEARS after they got done like a dinner, sometimes well over a decade.

> In your imagination subroutine only,

Nope, fact again. Even someone as stupid as you should be able
to check that FACT in more than one of the sites you posted.

> It's truer to say that people have been
> laughing at you for well over a decade.

How odd that its only those that have got done like a fucking
dinner that ever felt the need to create one of those sites, fuckwit.

Tom

May 6, 2003, 2:57:17 AM5/6/03

Rod has so many aliases he'll never be able to keep track.
I've said this countless times.

Tom

May 6, 2003, 3:00:05 AM5/6/03
lololol

"Rita A. Berkowitz" <rita...@aol.com> wrote in message

Lupine

May 6, 2003, 1:54:18 PM5/6/03
> Are you saying that Rod Speed is a Troll?
>
> You got it!
>
> What is the best way to handle Rod Speed?
>
> KillFile!

And your post is what? Talk about a troll ...

Have you nothing better to do with your time?

Get a life and move on. If you don't like what Rod has to say, then
killfile him and let that be the end of it. Grow up.