SIMCITY - I WANT IT

Miguel Braxton Farah

Sep 29, 1992, 1:48:47 PM9/29/92

>> OF COURSE I WANT TO BUY IT, YOU GUY!!!!!!!!!
>>MY QUESTION IS **WHERE**? \
>
>>Look, it is obvious (to me at least) that I wanted info on where to buy\
>>the game. If you cannot see that, just forget the whole thing... now let's
>>not make a big discusion of it. If you know where can I buy SimCity
>>(I haven't been able to find a store here that sells it) tell me where. If
>>not, just don't do anything..
>
>How about at a shop?

> / Brett Paterson | "Um.. A vow of silence, that's //
> / Leongatha 3953. | quite an interesting thing.. //
> / Victoria, Australia. | ..Tell me about it." //
> / <s107...@giaec.cc.monash.edu.au> | -Lord Percy to Lord Whiteadder //
>+---------------------------------------------------------------------+/
> //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sigh... is seems that I cannot send a single post without getting a flame.
What I mean is the following:

1) I live in Chile
2) In Santiago de Chile, local computer stores DON'T sell many games - I
haven't found SimCity at any store...

3) what I have tried to ask in this group is if there is an international
store or mail store or something like that that will allow me to buy Simcity
outside USA and get it by mail. Do you know anyone?

--
*-----------------*-----------------------*
| MIGUEL FARAH F. | mbf...@isluga.puc.cl |

Ross Erickson

Sep 29, 1992, 2:41:19 PM9/29/92
>Sigh... is seems that I cannot send a single post without getting a flame.
>What I mean is the following:
>
>1) I live in Chile
>2) In Santiago de Chile, local computer stores DON'T sell many games - I
>haven't found SimCity at any store...
>
>3) what I have tried to ask in this group is if there is an international
>store or mail store or something like that that will allow me to buy Simcity
>outside USA and get it by mail. Do you know anyone?

Miguel,

Try the following, I believe they have International shipping:

Disk-Count Software - 1-908-396-8880
Chips & Bits - 1-802-767-3033

or send a fax to:

Chips & Bits - 1 -802-767-3382

| Ross Erickson | |
| ro...@kaos.b11.ingr.com | "No individual raindrop considers |
| 205-730-4019 - voice | itself responsible for the flood." |
| 205-730-6445 - fax | |
| Internet: 129.135.252.87 | |

John P. Mechalas

Sep 29, 1992, 2:41:56 PM9/29/92
In article <1992Sep29.1...@tolten.puc.cl> mbf...@isluga.puc.cl (Miguel Braxton Farah) writes:
>Sigh... is seems that I cannot send a single post without getting a flame.
>What I mean is the following:
>
>1) I live in Chile

You didn't tell us.

>2) In Santiago de Chile, local computer stores DON'T sell many games - I
>haven't found SimCity at any store...

You didn't tell us that either.

>3) what I have tried to ask in this group is if there is an international
>store or mail store or something like that that will allow me to buy Simcity
>outside USA and get it by mail. Do you know anyone?

You should have asked that to begin with.

We can't read minds...if you want a precise answer, you have to ask the
question precisely. Now albeit, a flame is a harsh response...but considering
no one knew what your problems were, what did you expect?

--
John Mechalas "I'm not an actor, but
mech...@gn.ecn.purdue.edu I play one on TV."

D461-David_F_Haertig(Dave)83040

Sep 29, 1992, 6:17:27 PM9/29/92
From article <1992Sep29.1...@gn.ecn.purdue.edu>, by mech...@gn.ecn.purdue.edu (John P. Mechalas):

> In article <1992Sep29.1...@tolten.puc.cl> mbf...@isluga.puc.cl (Miguel Braxton Farah) writes:

>>1) I live in Chile
>
> You didn't tell us.

You didn't look at his email address. I didn't know "cl" meant "Chile"
until just now, but I knew it didn't mean "Cleveland".

>>2) In Santiago de Chile, local computer stores DON'T sell many games - I
>>haven't found SimCity at any store...
>
> You didn't tell us that either.

I assumed this part based on the foreign (for us USA types) email address.
Based on previous news posts by other netters, I have come to the (maybe
erroneous) conclusion that computer hardware/software is both harder
to get and more expensive outside of the USA. This obviously isn't a
flame to other countries - I'll bet it's a little harder to find a
McDonald's restaurant outside of the USA too. You can probably do it,
but you have to work at it more. (This is more likely a "plus" for
other countries!)

>>3) what I have tried to ask in this group is if there is an international
>>store or mail store or something like that that will allow me to buy Simcity
>>outside USA and get it by mail. Do you know anyone?
>
> You should have asked that to begin with.

It was obvious to me. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer for Miguel.

Several clues were missed here. First, we have a return email address
of: mbf...@isluga.puc.cl
^^
Next we have a person named "Miguel". Now - at the risk of sounding
bigotted - one could probably assume that "Miguel" from "cl" does not
necessarily equal "Michael" from "Cleveland". (Cleveland is a city
in the USA for those that live in other countries.)

I don't know about others, but I'm really excited by the fact
that I can sit down at my keyboard, and within a matter of minutes,
converse with people from Chile (cl), Australia (au), Canada (ca),
Finland (fi), Germany (de), ..... and about every other country
on the planet!

> We can't read minds...

Some of us can't even read email addresses.

Dave Haertig
hae...@att.com

David L. Cox

Oct 1, 1992, 11:42:59 AM10/1/92
In article <1992Sep29.1...@gn.ecn.purdue.edu>, mech...@gn.ecn.purdue.edu (John P. Mechalas) writes:

|> You didn't tell us.
Don't you ever look at where an article you are replying to originated??
The information that he was from Chile was available both from the domain
name and the organization line. Should I have to tell you I am from the USA
or that I work for Encore??

|> >2) In Santiago de Chile, local computer stores DON'T sell many games - I
|> >haven't found SimCity at any store...
|>
|> You didn't tell us that either.
You are right, he didn't tell us that, but it is not a big leap to assume that
games are not as available outside the states as inside. We are always seeing
posts from the Australion/New Zealand crowd about this very issue. Also, no
offense to Chile, but I don't think of it as being a personal computer kinda
place. (At least not as compared to here).

Isn't Chile Spanish speaking? Do we send a lot of English speaking games
(I mean manuals and packaging etc.) to non-english speaking countries??

David Cox
dl...@encore.com