Who/what is this "MI5 Persecution" thingie?

Giftzwerg

Aug 25, 2007, 7:51:33 AM8/25/07

Every so often, as with Mr. Pollard's post about the CAW patch, I have
to tell my trusty reader to "show all posts." And then I see the masses
of headers which are subtracted from my view due to an xpost filter.

So I read one. And immediately wondered if I was suffering some
neurovascular event, because the English language had suddenly become
incomprehensible to me. I quickly read a normal post, and found - nope
- the trouble was the MI5 post.

What. The. Fucking. Fuck.

... is all that about? There's like, fifty of these posts. Are they
some sort of bot being tested?

What the fuck is this guy on about?

--
Giftzwerg
***

ERutins

Aug 25, 2007, 8:07:30 AM8/25/07
No idea, but there's no doubt we're being heavily spammed by this crap.

Ray O'Hara

Aug 25, 2007, 9:46:26 AM8/25/07

"ERutins" <er...@matrixgames.com> wrote in message

> No idea, but there's no doubt we're being heavily spammed by this crap.

he's spamming every group on the net
several days ago it was up to 50,000 seperate posts.
luckily i have a killfile and he's in it. but fools like the giftwad seem to
respond.

Ken Beard

Aug 25, 2007, 10:22:28 AM8/25/07
"Giftzwerg" <giftzw...@NOSPAMZ.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Every so often, as with Mr. Pollard's post about the CAW patch, I have
> to tell my trusty reader to "show all posts." And then I see the masses
> of headers which are subtracted from my view due to an xpost filter.
>
> So I read one. And immediately wondered if I was suffering some
> neurovascular event, because the English language had suddenly become
> incomprehensible to me. I quickly read a normal post, and found - nope
> - the trouble was the MI5 post.
>
> What. The. Fucking. Fuck.
>
> ... is all that about? There's like, fifty of these posts. Are they
> some sort of bot being tested?
>
> What the fuck is this guy on about?

I've been lucky enough to avoid that one - Roadrunner has filtered all of it
from the groups I frequent, much to my surprise as their news service ain't
the best. I've seen several people saying "WTF is with this MI5 stuff?" in
them, so I know that it's showing for others in almost every group. I'm
guessing this is a close relative of that "Big Betha Thing" guy......

Ken

old777salt@yahoo

Aug 25, 2007, 12:26:08 PM8/25/07
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:22:28 -0400, "Ken Beard"
<vol...@nospamno.carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>I've been lucky enough to avoid that one - Roadrunner has filtered all of it
>from the groups

Same for Forte news server.

MMQ

Aug 26, 2007, 3:06:14 PM8/26/07

Sadly I get my groups through Google and I haven't figured out how to
filter out this twit.

Ray O'Hara

Aug 26, 2007, 5:49:45 PM8/26/07

"MMQ" <masterm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

google lacks a killfile.

Message has been deleted

Fish

Sep 2, 2007, 5:39:57 AM9/2/07
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:46:26 -0400, Ray O'Hara wrote:

> he's spamming every group on the net
> several days ago it was up to 50,000 seperate posts.
> luckily i have a killfile and he's in it. but fools like the giftwad seem to
> respond.

And next week when "it" posts again the headers will be different so the
killfile won't help then.

JAB

Sep 2, 2007, 5:53:48 AM9/2/07

He normally keeps his headers the same IIRC as the kill-file has worked
for me.

serg3d

Sep 4, 2007, 1:02:01 AM9/4/07
On Aug 27, 12:49 am, "Ray O'Hara" <mary.palmu...@rcn.com> wrote:
> "MMQ" <mastermindqu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

google have killfile for firefox, though not perfect, require
greasmonkey:
http://www.penney.org/google-groups-killfile-updated.html

Ray O'Hara

Sep 4, 2007, 8:41:37 AM9/4/07

"Fish" <n...@email.invalid> wrote in message

since i've killfiled him i've not seen one of his posts. he's not a nym
shifter.