Jutland released

Øystein Tvedten

Dec 12, 2008, 3:29:40 AM12/12/08

Jutland got released last night.

Demo available from

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_Jutland_Demo.html

Øystein
--
Roy Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships
on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the
dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time,
like tears in rain. Time to die.

Vincenzo Beretta

Dec 12, 2008, 4:46:25 AM12/12/08

""Øystein" Tvedten" <oyst...@ifi.uio.no> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Jutland got released last night.
>
> Demo available from
>
> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_Jutland_Demo.html

Uhm...

> 1. Download the FULL GAME DEMO.

OK

> 2. Double Click on the Jutland_Setup.exe file.

OK

> 3. Install the game in the default directory (Highly Recommended).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The funnies are starting right here.

> 4. After the game installs, click the Desktop Icon for JUTLAND to launch
> the game.

OK

> 5. The JUTLAND ACTIVATION BOX will appear and offer you the option to
> Purchase,
Activate, or Evaluate JUTLAND. For the DEMO, select evaluate.

"ACTIVATION BOX" for a demo. 'Nuff said. But stay with us.

> 6. JUTLAND will check our server for the latest AUTO UPDATES. Select YES
> if offered an update.
If there are multiple updates available, the game will automatically
download and install them.

One can appreciate the honesty of it: the reasons for not even touching the
demo are all spelled out in detail.

> 7. When the main menu screen appears, a DEMO activation box will appear.
> You must enter your name
and a valid email address to receive the DEMO Activation Code. If you do not
enter your email

(...) I swear it stops right there. Not even an "or else!". Quite
Mafia-like. Re: the "demo activation", we already were at the "'nuff said"
point some lines ago.

> 8. The DEMO is functional. You now have all Three (3) Editions installed
> on your system. Access is
limited in the DEMO Edition until you purchase a License for either the
STANDARD or PROFESSIONAL Edition, at which point you will be able to
"ACTIVATE" the purchased License.

Never knew that a demo was an "edition", but let's run with it.

> - WARNING -

Cool, a warning. Maybe your PC can explode for real if you pork something.

> Should you have trouble installing JUTLAND or its updates, DO NOT ATTEMPT
> TO MANUALLY INSTALL THEM. This will result in an install that cannot be
> activated properly, ,or updated properly, and will lead to further
> problems.

I think that Mr. G. will be able to comment on this one with a more flowery
(and appropriate) approach than my meager English skills allow me.

> It is also consider a violation of the Storm Eagle Studios End User
> License Agreement and could result in voiding your existing license.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Speaking of whose, even I suspect that this is not English.

> Please use the Customer Support Server to resolve this issue.

Again, I'll leave this one to Mr. G.

Well, not a bad way to jump-start the day.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 4:59:46 AM12/12/08
On 12 dec, 10:46, "Vincenzo Beretta" <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, not a bad way to jump-start the day.

It gets better. The licence agreement link is not working (one wonders
why ...), but you can get to it through here :

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_license_vc.html

You know JR promised a 2nd generation licencing deal ? Well, hold on
to your socks : you'll have to access and have your licence validated
at the SES server once every 7 days.

Yup, that's right - go on a 2-week holiday and forget about playing
the game in the second week.

"A few gamers will not like it and will refuse to buy games this way.
We understand how they feel, but this type of tech is etched in stone
for us."

"A few" - suuuuuure :)

Time to send in the shrinks as they've completely lost it.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

kev9000

Dec 12, 2008, 5:30:23 AM12/12/08
from SES

"or you have been away from home for a while and miss your games, all
you have to do is wait 7 days at most, and you can re-activate your
License(s) on any PC you wish without having to request another via
email! Because Seven days have passed, the old License(s) no longer
function!" (exclamations mark in the original).

ROFL! Actually I think I need oxygen.

While the release of a new DRM system is always good for a laugh,
never in my wildest dreams did I expect something like this. It
almost reads like Genesis! "And on the Seventh Day...."

Vincenzo Beretta

Dec 12, 2008, 5:36:14 AM12/12/08
> Time to send in the shrinks as they've completely lost it.

Why bother? It is not that they are damaging someone *else* or anything.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 5:44:23 AM12/12/08
On 12 dec, 11:36, "Vincenzo Beretta" <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Time to send in the shrinks as they've completely lost it.
>
> Why bother? It is not that they are damaging someone *else* or anything.

On the contrary - they're an unendless source of fun !

They're now even a game without a forum :

"While you may get an anwser to your questions from posters in this
forum, we will not be officially answering them here, except once in a
while. Do not post a question and expect and official answer.
Please use our customer support server link above for the qucikest
path to an answer."

Translation : if you have a question about this game, please buy it so
you have a licence key which you need to access the customer
abu^H^H^H^support forum. Don't bother asking a question if you've not
bought this game.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 7:34:13 AM12/12/08
On 12 dec, 11:30, kev9000 <ryandyl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ROFL!  Actually I think I need oxygen.

Oxygen depravation on the part of SES could be an explanation of
course :)

Q. Does JUTLAND require Internet access?
A. Jutland only requires Internet access for Installation, Updates,
and once per License check period (currently 7 Days).
If your License has not been validated during the License Check
period, your game will cease to function until it is able to connect
to Storm Eagle Studios server to re-validate the install.

Q. What happens if my PC crashes?
A. In this event, you wait the remainder of JUTLAND's License check
period (currently 7 Days)
and you can Re-Activate your License on any PC that has Internet
access.

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_License_VC_FAQ.html

... and people dared complain about Spore ... :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Giftzwerg

Dec 12, 2008, 7:42:44 AM12/12/08
In article <0qq0l.12473$J84....@tornado.fastwebnet.it>,
rec...@hotmail.com says...

> > Should you have trouble installing JUTLAND or its updates, DO NOT ATTEMPT
> > TO MANUALLY INSTALL THEM. This will result in an install that cannot be
> > activated properly, ,or updated properly, and will lead to further
> > problems.
>
> I think that Mr. G. will be able to comment on this one with a more flowery
> (and appropriate) approach than my meager English skills allow me.

<shrug>

I think it's all been said before, and my disgust with this kind of
massively-intrusive, customer-hostile bullshit is long ago a matter of
record. This product is server-chained to its guts.

No sale.

> > Please use the Customer Support Server to resolve this issue.
>
> Again, I'll leave this one to Mr. G.

I do like this phrase; "the Customer Support Server."

To it, I hereby bestow The Prestigious B. S. Giftzwerg Award for Best
Dishonest And Misleading Euphemism Of 2008.

--
Giftzwerg
***

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 7:46:05 AM12/12/08
On 12 dec, 11:44, "eddyster...@hotmail.com" <eddyster...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On the contrary - they're an unendless source of fun !

Here's what you get when you click the "About Us" button :

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_about_us_v2.html

Were Good.........

-

Yup, that's the complete content of the "About Us" page, and the typo
is too funny for words - they "were good" once alright :)

Here's the complete "Contact Us" page :

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_contact_v2.html

Customer Service - Our Customer Support Server is the most expedient
way to resolve any issue.

Corporate Contact -

Storm Eagle Studios
P.O. Box 146
Free Union, Virginia 22940

-

Notice anything ? Not even an email address - and for the Customer
Support Server you need a valid licence key. Together with their new
forum rules (no support/answers there) they actually managed to
insulate themselves completely from anyone who hasn't actually bought
their game.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Vincenzo Beretta

Dec 12, 2008, 9:40:40 AM12/12/08
> Notice anything ? Not even an email address - and for the Customer
> Support Server you need a valid licence key. Together with their new
> forum rules (no support/answers there) they actually managed to
> insulate themselves completely from anyone who hasn't actually bought
> their game.

Hmmm... I'll change my stance re: sending a psychiatrist a little bit. It
could be interesting as a case study.

Giftzwerg

Dec 12, 2008, 9:42:30 AM12/12/08
In article <08fd05d0-3d69-4c73-84f2-1024731c1010
@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, eddys...@hotmail.com says...

> Notice anything ? Not even an email address - and for the Customer
> Support Server you need a valid licence key. Together with their new
> forum rules (no support/answers there) they actually managed to
> insulate themselves completely from anyone who hasn't actually bought
> their game.

If the support questions are anything like they were with DG, the last
people they're gonna wanna talk to are their customers. Perhaps with
the "3rd Generation Customer Hostility Server" they'll manage to get rid
of those pesky supplicants, as well.

kev9000

Dec 12, 2008, 10:42:48 AM12/12/08
Now that I have picked myself up off the floor and am all laughed out
there is a serious point to acknowledge - hidden behind all this is a
competent developer whose products I would buy without hesitation on
release. Our not having access to his products hurts us and the hobby.

Giftzwerg

Dec 12, 2008, 11:28:00 AM12/12/08
In article <578bbdc2-ee3a-4f0b-8808-2c9effc7dc77
@s9g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, ryand...@yahoo.com says...

Well said. I've been sobbing quietly about this since Norm Koger first
mentioned "server-based software."

<sniffle>

Bye, Norm.

Bloodstar

Dec 12, 2008, 12:17:26 PM12/12/08
> Jutland got released last night.
>
> Demo available from
>
> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_Jutland_Demo.html

I guess that this will be a much better game then Close Combat: Recycled at
Rhine?

;)

Vincenzo Beretta

Dec 12, 2008, 12:24:46 PM12/12/08

"Bloodstar" <george.w...@microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Who knows? I don't think that there will be the opportunity to compare the
two.

Bloodstar

Dec 12, 2008, 12:59:28 PM12/12/08
> Who knows? I don't think that there will be the opportunity to compare the
> two.

Likewise :))))

kev9000

Dec 12, 2008, 1:28:04 PM12/12/08
> I guess that this will be a much better game then Close Combat: Recycled at
> Rhine?

Depends on which day of the week you make the comparison. Jutland
could be pretty good for six days or so, but after the Seventh Day CC
could overtake it in term of playability.

old....@cmaaccess.com

Dec 12, 2008, 1:44:47 PM12/12/08
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:29:40 +0100, oyst...@ifi.uio.no (Øystein
Tvedten) wrote:

>Demo available from

And with broadband it will take me 10 hours to get it.
--
I hope you like my photos at www.myspace.com/osalt
If you would like to buy one, e-mail me, prints up

HermanH

Dec 12, 2008, 1:51:29 PM12/12/08
On Dec 12, 5:46 am, "eddyster...@hotmail.com"

<eddyster...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Here's what you get when you click the "About Us" button :
>
> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_about_us_v2.html
>
> Were Good.........
>
> -
>
> Yup, that's the complete content of the "About Us" page, and the typo
> is too funny for words - they "were good" once alright :)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

I think that they are missing a bit of punctuation. They probably
meant to type,

"We're God"

Raymond O'Hara

Dec 12, 2008, 3:25:14 PM12/12/08

"kev9000" <ryand...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

it can't be doing NK's wallet any good either.

Briarroot

Dec 12, 2008, 3:43:29 PM12/12/08
eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On 12 dec, 10:46, "Vincenzo Beretta" <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, not a bad way to jump-start the day.
>
> It gets better. The licence agreement link is not working (one wonders
> why ...), but you can get to it through here :
>
> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_license_vc.html
>
> You know JR promised a 2nd generation licencing deal ? Well, hold on
> to your socks : you'll have to access and have your licence validated
> at the SES server once every 7 days.
>
> Yup, that's right - go on a 2-week holiday and forget about playing
> the game in the second week.

Unreal!

> "A few gamers will not like it and will refuse to buy games this way.
> We understand how they feel, but this type of tech is etched in stone
> for us."

LMAO!

> Time to send in the shrinks as they've completely lost it.

You can say that again. SES acts as if they're selling the only PC game
in the world and have millions of buyers eagerly lined up and awaiting
the release. Instead, they've got a few hundred (if that) who probably
haven't read the DRM conditions. It's *beyond* stupid - it's crazy.

--
"Every time that we try to lift a problem from our own shoulders and
shift that problem to the hands of the government, to the same extent we

Briarroot

Dec 12, 2008, 3:51:54 PM12/12/08
eddys...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On 12 dec, 11:44, "eddyster...@hotmail.com" <eddyster...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On the contrary - they're an unendless source of fun !
>
> Here's what you get when you click the "About Us" button :
>
> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_about_us_v2.html
>
> Were Good.........
>
> -
>
> Yup, that's the complete content of the "About Us" page, and the typo
> is too funny for words - they "were good" once alright :)
>
> Here's the complete "Contact Us" page :
>
> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_contact_v2.html
>
> Customer Service - Our Customer Support Server is the most expedient
> way to resolve any issue.
>
> Corporate Contact -
>
> Storm Eagle Studios
> P.O. Box 146
> Free Union, Virginia 22940
>

> Notice anything ? Not even an email address - and for the Customer
> Support Server you need a valid licence key. Together with their new
> forum rules (no support/answers there) they actually managed to
> insulate themselves completely from anyone who hasn't actually bought
> their game.

Un. Fucking. Real!

(you were right-on about the psych boys!)

Briarroot

Dec 12, 2008, 3:53:45 PM12/12/08

Hurts him more than it does me. I have *plenty* of things to occupy my
time, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever submit to that type
of "online anal cavity search" just to play a game!

Briarroot

Dec 12, 2008, 3:55:07 PM12/12/08
HermanH wrote:
> On Dec 12, 5:46 am, "eddyster...@hotmail.com"
> <eddyster...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Here's what you get when you click the "About Us" button :
>>
>> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_about_us_v2.html
>>
>> Were Good.........
>>

>> Yup, that's the complete content of the "About Us" page, and the typo
>> is too funny for words - they "were good" once alright :)
>>

> I think that they are missing a bit of punctuation. They probably
> meant to type,
>
> "We're God"

That *would* explain a few things. ;-)

Giftzwerg

Dec 12, 2008, 4:13:59 PM12/12/08
In article <5cd478fe-b657-4bce-a2b5-
9c7470...@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, herm...@gmail.com says...

> > Yup, that's the complete content of the "About Us" page, and the typo
> > is too funny for words - they "were good" once alright :)

> I think that they are missing a bit of punctuation. They probably

> meant to type,
>
> "We're God"

I'm hearing Ozzie Osbourne grating:

"I. AM. IROOOOOOOOOOON. MAN."

Giftzwerg

Dec 12, 2008, 4:16:29 PM12/12/08
In article <Goydnc_ymqVpUd_U...@posted.toastnet>,
bria...@gmail.com says...

> > "A few gamers will not like it and will refuse to buy games this way.
> > We understand how they feel, but this type of tech is etched in stone
> > for us."

> LMAO!

See, that's the difference between a libertarian and a moderate
conservative; I'm bawling my eyes out. I'm distraught. I *hate* the
fact that Norm Koger - brilliant beyond belief! - got stuck with this
dickhead and I can't buy his games anymore.

Giftzwerg

Dec 12, 2008, 4:28:13 PM12/12/08
In article <DcydnSCIJsTGUt_U...@posted.toastnet>,
bria...@gmail.com says...

> > Now that I have picked myself up off the floor and am all laughed out
> > there is a serious point to acknowledge - hidden behind all this is a
> > competent developer whose products I would buy without hesitation on
> > release. Our not having access to his products hurts us and the hobby.
> >

> Hurts him more than it does me. I have *plenty* of things to occupy my
> time, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever submit to that type
> of "online anal cavity search" just to play a game!

But still ... this is cold comfort. I agree totally that this hurts SES
more than me ... but I still wish it wasn't hurting *anyone*.

I'd like to buy this game. But I won't. Bad move. My money should
have been *easy* to get!!!

rus4...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 4:40:44 PM12/12/08
On Dec 12, 2:29 am, oyste...@ifi.uio.no (Øystein Tvedten) wrote:
> Jutland got released last night.
>
> Demo available from
>
> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_Jutland_Demo.html
>
> Øystein
> --
> Roy Batty:  I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.  Attack ships
>   on fire off the shoulder of Orion.  I watched C-beams glitter in the
>   dark near the Tannhauser gate.  All those moments will be lost in time,
>   like tears in rain.  Time to die.

So, is anyone gonna try the demo???

Mike Kreuzer

Dec 12, 2008, 5:54:00 PM12/12/08
<rus4...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

-------------------------------------

Was going to. Was even thinking of buying it for a while there when it
looked like they were dialing down the server chaining. As they dialed it
up instead there doesn't seem much point.

Oh well, another bomb from Sturm & Drang Studios, I'm sure its lack of sales
will be entirely due to piracy, & that they'll need an even more secure
system next time.

Regards,
Mike Kreuzer
www.mikekreuzer.com

old....@cmaaccess.com

Dec 12, 2008, 7:10:14 PM12/12/08
Tvedten) wrote:

>Jutland got released last night.
>
>Demo available from

Another Demo that will not work.

old....@cmaaccess.com

Dec 12, 2008, 7:14:17 PM12/12/08
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:40:44 -0800 (PST), rus4...@hotmail.com wrote:

>So, is anyone gonna try the demo???

Won't run on my Vista system. Get the old "Jutland has stop
working".

Briarroot

Dec 13, 2008, 1:42:08 AM12/13/08
Giftzwerg wrote:
> In article <Goydnc_ymqVpUd_U...@posted.toastnet>,
> bria...@gmail.com says...
>
>>> "A few gamers will not like it and will refuse to buy games this way.
>>> We understand how they feel, but this type of tech is etched in stone
>>> for us."
>
>> LMAO!
>
> See, that's the difference between a libertarian and a moderate
> conservative; I'm bawling my eyes out. I'm distraught. I *hate* the
> fact that Norm Koger - brilliant beyond belief! - got stuck with this
> dickhead and I can't buy his games anymore.

Heheheh!

You buy too many games as it is. ;-)

--
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are
shocked and offended to discover that there *are* other views." -

Giftzwerg

Dec 13, 2008, 1:52:52 AM12/13/08
In article <iYSdnU7-Q9TfxN7U...@posted.toastnet>,
bria...@gmail.com says...

> >> LMAO!
> >
> > See, that's the difference between a libertarian and a moderate
> > conservative; I'm bawling my eyes out. I'm distraught. I *hate* the
> > fact that Norm Koger - brilliant beyond belief! - got stuck with this
> > dickhead and I can't buy his games anymore.
> >

> Heheheh!
>
> You buy too many games as it is. ;-)

Yeah. I do. You got me.

Which is why it irks the shit outta me when some fuckstain suggests that
my opposition to massively-intrusive DRM is grounded in a desire to
pirate games for free. I think this is true of just about everyone in
this group; we tend to buy games that we're not playing, rather than
playing games that we didn't buy.

Vincenzo Beretta

Dec 13, 2008, 6:39:00 AM12/13/08
> we tend to buy games that we're not playing, rather than
> playing games that we didn't buy.

How true and sad.

Jonathan Mars

Dec 13, 2008, 7:15:19 AM12/13/08
""Øystein" Tvedten" <oyst...@ifi.uio.no> wrote in message

> Jutland got released last night.
>
> Demo available from
>
> http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_Jutland_Demo.html
>
> Øystein

I bought three new games already this week and now I find there are two
more just released that I want. Ach! The wallet cannae' take it much more,
Jim.

Jonathan Mars

Dec 13, 2008, 7:18:57 AM12/13/08
> from SES
>
> "or you have been away from home for a while and miss your games, all
> you have to do is wait 7 days at most, and you can re-activate your
> License(s) on any PC you wish without having to request another via
> email! Because Seven days have passed, the old License(s) no longer
> function!" (exclamations mark in the original).
>
> ROFL! Actually I think I need oxygen.
>
> While the release of a new DRM system is always good for a laugh,
> never in my wildest dreams did I expect something like this. It
> almost reads like Genesis! "And on the Seventh Day...."

Fuck that crap. Looks like I only need to buy one new game instead of two
now.

Jonathan Mars

Dec 13, 2008, 7:25:31 AM12/13/08
<eddys...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Notice anything ? Not even an email address - and for the Customer
> Support Server you need a valid licence key. Together with their new
> forum rules (no support/answers there) they actually managed to
> insulate themselves completely from anyone who hasn't actually bought
> their game.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

They are so paranoid about all the enemies they have made with this BS DRM
that their corporate address is some PO box hole in the wall.

HermanH

Dec 13, 2008, 4:06:37 PM12/13/08
He can't say that he wasn't warned.

quote thewood:

"Right now, I feel as if the program might as well have been released
ina buggy, unplayable state. That is basically what DRM has done to
me. Iam now the poster child for any one thinking of buying a game
withserver-based polling. SES sent my ticket back as reactivated, but
stillno luck and no explaination of what happened. I am coming up on
24hours with no access to a game I bought.

If it was a technical issue with the game, I would still be upset,
buta little more understanding, and usually know someone is working on
it.Right now I am in the dark as to what is going on. SES has my
money, soI have no control and they have no obligation to fix it."

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showpost.php?p=1087399&postcount=29

Giftzwerg

Dec 13, 2008, 5:23:30 PM12/13/08
In article <dfea65c1-f9d1-4547-8750-8e2203da5d17
@i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, herm...@gmail.com says...

> http://forums.gamesquad.com/showpost.php?p=1087399&postcount=29

Interesting thread. I particularly liked the part where Cherper and
Bullethead go at it. It's douchebag versus dumbhead! Maybe they'll
lock each others threads and we'll witness the rare fratricidal ban!

"You're out of your jurisdiction. You might be a moderator elsewhere on
this site, but you're not a moderator of this forum, as shown on the
bottom of this screen. So quit bullying our customers, locking our
threads, and otherwise being a pain."
- Bullethead

"I am not out of my jurisdiction. There are no longer specific forum
moderators. All moderators moderate the entire site. I am not
"bullying" your customers. He is out of line and if a post is reported
anywhere on the site any moderator can take action. So get used to it."
- Cherper's reply

I love it when these fucksticks eat each other.

HermanH

Dec 13, 2008, 5:54:37 PM12/13/08
On Dec 13, 3:23 pm, Giftzwerg <giftzwerg...@NOSPAMS.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> In article <dfea65c1-f9d1-4547-8750-8e2203da5d17
> @i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, herman...@gmail.com says...

> >http://forums.gamesquad.com/showpost.php?p=1087399&postcount=29
>
> Interesting thread. I particularly liked the part where Cherper and
> Bullethead go at it. It's douchebag versus dumbhead! Maybe they'll
> lock each others threads and we'll witness the rare fratricidal ban!
>
> "You're out of your jurisdiction. You might be a moderator elsewhere on
> this site, but you're not a moderator of this forum, as shown on the
> bottom of this screen. So quit bullying our customers, locking our
> threads, and otherwise being a pain."
> - Bullethead
>
> "I am not out of my jurisdiction. There are no longer specific forum
> moderators. All moderators moderate the entire site. I am not
> "bullying" your customers. He is out of line and if a post is reported
> anywhere on the site any moderator can take action. So get used to it."
> - Cherper's reply
>
> I love it when these fucksticks eat each other.
>
> --
> Giftzwerg

If an assclown devours another assclown, can he say that "it tastes
funny"? ;-)

BasKa

Dec 14, 2008, 8:28:44 AM12/14/08
> So, is anyone gonna try the demo???

I tried last night, but as the demo gives you only 10 minutes "TEN
MINUTES" of gameplay, I could only watch the magnificent ships of the
Kaiserliche Marine sail by.................
It looked great I must say, beautifull ships on a nice grey Northsea.
Interface looked OK on first sight, but again, too little time to
really evaluate.
Or did I miss something with the activation key? Is that why I only
got 10 minutes?

It is all so cumbersome that I don't feel like trying, even if there
is a possibility that underneath there is the greatest naval wargame
ever made...............
Instead I am starting up Strat Command Pacific for the fourth time to
play those first turns or the full tactical scenario. Simple to get,
simple to start, no strange questions, good gameplay, all working
towards enticing me to buy this one!

Bas

Giftzwerg

Dec 14, 2008, 9:16:07 AM12/14/08
In article <4942eb98$1...@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, mi...@FIRSTNAMEkreuzer.com
says...

> So, is anyone gonna try the demo???

Why bother?

I mean, the only possible reason for trying a demo is to evaluate
whether the product is worth buying. I already know I'm not buying the
product.

M. Ziegler

Dec 14, 2008, 10:56:09 AM12/14/08
BasKa schrieb:

From the Jutland demo FAQ:

Full Game Demo - Unlimited Demo Play

Here you can download the most advanced Naval Fleet Simulator ever released!

The JUTLAND Demo is the complete JUTLAND game install. It allows you the
gamer is experience the grandeur and special of this majestic simulation.

The Demo allows you an unlimited trial period to play. It included two
scenarios that you can play to completion.YOu can play them as many
times as you like for free. Both of these scenarios can be played in
Multi-Player mode and is an excellent opportunity to try out JUTLAND's
Multi-Player features.

We also give you the ability to get a 10 min. sneak peak at the
remaining scenarios to wet your nautical whistle and give you a sense of
what we are offering.
The Battle Editor (also referred to as the scenario editor), is not
accessible from within the Demo version and is only available in the
JUTLAND Pro Edition.

Michael

HR

Dec 14, 2008, 11:26:38 AM12/14/08

This is the best one yet. Really good PTO feel. I got the whole game
and having a tough time stopping the Japs in Burma and China. Even my
beloved Flying Tigers are not enough. They alone should have a combat
strength of 50 :) In other words the AI attacker is good so far. The
chinese communists finally join in. Lots of good historical spice in
this game and its just not SC with a PTO map.

Jonathan Mars

Dec 14, 2008, 8:14:19 PM12/14/08
"Giftzwerg" <giftzw...@NOSPAMS.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Why bother?
>
> I mean, the only possible reason for trying a demo is to evaluate
> whether the product is worth buying. I already know I'm not buying the
> product.

I've installed it. In the demo I can play 2 scenarios for as long as I want
so it is like a free game but with just two scenarios. One scenario is
pretty much the same as another so 2 will do me just as well as 20 would.
Thx for the free game SES.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 15, 2008, 2:29:00 AM12/15/08
On 13 dec, 23:23, Giftzwerg <giftzwerg...@NOSPAMS.hotmail.com> wrote:
> In article <dfea65c1-f9d1-4547-8750-8e2203da5d17
> @i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, herman...@gmail.com says...

> >http://forums.gamesquad.com/showpost.php?p=1087399&postcount=29
>
> Interesting thread.  I particularly liked the part where Cherper and
> Bullethead go at it.  It's douchebag versus dumbhead!  Maybe they'll
> lock each others threads and we'll witness the rare fratricidal ban!

Yeah, well I owe you an apology there - I thought Bullethead was an ok
guy and corrected you about him some time ago - now he's stopped
pretending and turns out to be JR's Mini-Me.

But, can't see where Cherper went wrong here - he correctly stepped up
and did the thing a moderator should do. Kudos.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

bennyb

Dec 15, 2008, 3:28:00 AM12/15/08
Spotted on Rosk, Paper Shotgun: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/12/14/jutland-hell-or-high-water/

"Realising that the sort of gamers who like to play slow, complicated
historical simulations, are also the sort of gamers that like to
thieve and freeload, SES have sensibly welded a seriously heavy-duty
DRM mechanism to Jutland. The full version of the game refuses to
function if kept away from the Internet for longer than a week. Even
the demo requires an emailed password. Naturally, the game’s target
audience are totally happy with this."

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 15, 2008, 4:18:36 AM12/15/08

LOL :)

Mark Kratzer started a DRM poll over at The Wargamer

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=323475

A whopping 65% won't buy a game which has it, 22% don't care and 12%
are on the fence about it. Also given that the "Jutland released"
thread is all about the DRM and not about the game - to the chagrin of
a couple of SES fanboys - it's safe to say that DRM seems to have
evolved from an issue just a couple of idiots on Usenet ranted about
to a major issue for Joe Wargamer.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=322900&go=last

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

HermanH

Dec 15, 2008, 4:32:05 AM12/15/08
On Dec 15, 2:18 am, "eddyster...@hotmail.com"

You have to give credit where credit is due. If SES had not take DRM
to such an extreme level, the discussion would probably not be nearly
so incendiary or toxic, either.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 15, 2008, 4:41:57 AM12/15/08
On 15 dec, 10:32, HermanH <herman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2:18 am, "eddyster...@hotmail.com"
>
> <eddyster...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On 15 dec, 09:28, bennyb <ben.smith...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A whopping 65% won't buy a game which has it, 22% don't care and 12%
> > are on the fence about it. Also given that the "Jutland released"
> > thread is all about the DRM and not about the game - to the chagrin of
> > a couple of SES fanboys - it's safe to say that DRM seems to have
> > evolved from an issue just a couple of idiots on Usenet ranted about
> > to a major issue for Joe Wargamer.
>
> >http://www.wargamer.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=322900&go=last
>

> You have to give credit where credit is due.  If SES had not take DRM
> to such an extreme level, the discussion would probably not be nearly
> so incendiary or toxic, either.

Correct. It always takes a *major* fubar for the general population to
notice there's an issue with something.

<sarcasm>
Paying the price for such a disaster couldn't have happened to a nicer
bunch of guys.
</sarcasm>

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 15, 2008, 6:06:49 AM12/15/08
On 13 dec, 23:23, Giftzwerg <giftzwerg...@NOSPAMS.hotmail.com> wrote:

> "You're out of your jurisdiction. You might be a moderator elsewhere on
> this site, but you're not a moderator of this forum, as shown on the
> bottom of this screen. So quit bullying our customers, locking our
> threads, and otherwise being a pain."
>                                -Bullethead

You left out the most telling part - the clear threat :

"Right now, and for some time past, the hits in this forum has been
paying your boss' bills.
Keep that in mind."

He's right you know, about the only thing keeping the GameSquad forums
alive is people checking in on the SES antics.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Briarroot

Dec 15, 2008, 1:04:49 PM12/15/08

What?

Who's he kidding?

--
"When it becomes dominated by a collectivist creed, democracy will
inevitably destroy itself." - Fredrich August von Hayek

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 15, 2008, 2:01:51 PM12/15/08
On 15 dec, 19:04, Briarroot <briarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> bennyb wrote:
> > Spotted on Rosk, Paper Shotgun:http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/12/14/jutland-hell-or-high-water/
>
> > "Realising that the sort of gamers who like to play slow, complicated
> > historical simulations, are also the sort of gamers that like to
> > thieve and freeload, SES have sensibly welded a seriously heavy-duty
> > DRM mechanism to Jutland. The full version of the game refuses to
> > function if kept away from the Internet for longer than a week. Even
> > the demo requires an emailed password. Naturally, the game’s target
> > audience are totally happy with this."
>
> What?
>
> Who's he kidding?

Your sarcasm detector needs re-activation :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

HermanH

Dec 15, 2008, 2:17:54 PM12/15/08
On Dec 15, 12:01 pm, "eddyster...@hotmail.com"

<eddyster...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Your sarcasm detector needs re-activation :)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

Maybe he should have SES-style DRM attached to his sarcasm detector so
that it can be automatically updated weekly...

eddys...@hotmail.com

Dec 15, 2008, 2:22:35 PM12/15/08

Well, it's broken now, which means he'll have to wait until next
Monday before he can activate it again.

Here's hoping his bs detector still works or we're in for a loooooong
night trying to explain all of the above :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Briarroot

Dec 15, 2008, 5:59:21 PM12/15/08

>>>kick!<<<

There! That's got it. ;-)

Jonathan Mars

Dec 17, 2008, 12:04:22 AM12/17/08
old....@cmaaccess.com wrote:

> Another Demo that will not work.

The problem is your PC config because it runs fine for me on Vista64.

old....@cmaaccess.com

Dec 17, 2008, 5:27:03 AM12/17/08
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:04:22 -0800, Jonathan Mars <J...@here.invalid>
wrote:

>The problem is your PC config because it runs fine for me on Vista64.

Don't think so, I got 2 Megs of Ram, Duel Intel CPU 3 GHz, L2
Cache 4,096 MB, Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
--
I hope you like my photos at www.myspace.com/osalt
If you would like to buy one, e-mail me, prints up
to 30x20 inches.

Jonathan Mars

Dec 17, 2008, 11:35:27 AM12/17/08
<old....@cmaaccess.com> wrote in message

> Don't think so, I got 2 Megs of Ram, Duel Intel CPU 3 GHz, L2
> Cache 4,096 MB, Radeon X1300/X1550 Series

2 Megsof ram could most certainly be the issue. ;) I assume you meant 2GB
though. The only difference from my PC and yours is that I have 4GB of ram
and a Radeon 4870 video card. Are you using 8.12 drivers for your video
card? Have you updated Directx with the Nov. 2008 release? What's your
soundcard? Mine is an X-Fi. Did you install and run the game with admin
rights? I always do that on Vista with games now because some games require
it to run correctly and others don't. Knowing which do and which don't is a
crap shoot so I just set all of them to run as admin.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Feb 2, 2009, 11:05:04 AM2/2/09
On 15 dec 2008, 12:06, "eddyster...@hotmail.com"

<eddyster...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 dec, 23:23, Giftzwerg <giftzwerg...@NOSPAMS.hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "You're out of your jurisdiction. You might be amoderatorelsewhere on
> > this site, but you're not amoderatorof this forum, as shown on the

> > bottom of this screen. So quit bullying our customers, locking our
> > threads, and otherwise being a pain."
> >                                -Bullethead
>
> You left out the most telling part - the clear threat :
>
> "Right now, and for some time past, the hits in this forum has been
> paying your boss' bills.
> Keep that in mind."

... and right on cue they fixed this oversight whereby no-one from the
SES team was a moderator on "their" GameSquad forum.

PepsiCan is now a moderator. A guy who could be replaced entirely by a
bot posting "this is the greatest game ever, but in the extremely rare
case that you might have a real problem, don't post it in here for
everyone to see, but contact SES through their ticket system"

Need I add that "Cherper", the original GameSquad moderator for that
forum got canned ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Giftzwerg

Feb 2, 2009, 11:50:29 AM2/2/09
In article <37697436-3d88-437b-b4fd-ec2ce86d3643
@s9g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, eddys...@hotmail.com says...

> PepsiCan is now a moderator. A guy who could be replaced entirely by a
> bot posting "this is the greatest game ever, but in the extremely rare
> case that you might have a real problem, don't post it in here for
> everyone to see, but contact SES through their ticket system"

Just to chime in with an update in the ongoing saga of "Bob The Klingon-
Attack-Wedge Guy's" experiences with his "SES trouble ticket":

He originally screwed up by thinking he could go away over the holidays
without "jump down, turn-around, pick a bale of cotton" with respect to
his JUTLAND license ... so he just wandered off on vacation. When he
returned, of course, he was FUBAR'ed license-wise.

So he initiated a trouble ticket. In early January. Which took them
almost of month of back-and-forth to un-fuck his license. So he got a
reset ...

... but then again it had been *seven days* since the trouble ticket and
reset got straightened out ....... so FUBAR again.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Dumbshit Bob; FAIL at game purchasing.

--
Giftzwerg
***

rus4...@hotmail.com

Feb 2, 2009, 7:00:35 PM2/2/09
On Dec 12 2008, 3:13 pm, Giftzwerg <giftzwerg...@NOSPAMS.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> In article <5cd478fe-b657-4bce-a2b5-
> 9c7470cfc...@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, herman...@gmail.com says...
>
> > > Yup, that's the complete content of the "About Us" page, and the typo
> > > is too funny for words - they "were good" once alright :)
> > I think that they are missing a bit of punctuation.  They probably
> > meant to type,
>
> > "We're God"
>
> I'm hearing Ozzie Osbourne grating:
>
> "I.  AM.  IROOOOOOOOOOON.  MAN."

> --
> Giftzwerg
> ***
> "News Coverage of Climate Entering 'Trance'?"
>                                  - NY Times
> "Yup.  Right on schedule.  Coming soon:  media 'trances' on
> homelessness, credit crisis, unemployment, and <insert thing
> that will make Obama look bad here>."
>                                  - Giftzwerg

I don't know if that'll ever get sorted, but patch #18 sounds like a
mess:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=82435

Perhaps SES has begun development of DG3, but forgot to tell the
renters.

eddys...@hotmail.com

Feb 3, 2009, 2:37:21 AM2/3/09
On 3 feb, 01:00, rus4e...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I don't know if that'll ever get sorted, but patch #18 sounds like a
> mess:
>
> http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=82435

Well, they sure have a larger beta bunny group than what's common :)

> Perhaps SES has begun development of DG3, but forgot to tell the
> renters.

Officially it's called DG:RJW 1.5 - Jutland extras retro-fitted into
the RJW game.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

rus4...@hotmail.com

Feb 3, 2009, 9:59:25 AM2/3/09
On Feb 3, 1:37 am, "eddyster...@hotmail.com" <eddyster...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On 3 feb, 01:00, rus4e...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> Well, they sure have a larger beta bunny group than what's common :)

Apparently, there's a BH clone on the forums, name of Pepsican, and I
QFT:

"Ok, a few recommendations here. Until we know what is fixed in 1.018,
we don't know whether it is causing the issues reported here.

That said, if you have issues, the quickest way to get these fixed is
by logging a call on the SES support server. Include your game logs
and any saves games + steps to reproduce."

In regard to Pepsi's second comment, isn't that EXACTLY what beta-
testers do? ;-)

Mike Kreuzer

Feb 3, 2009, 4:40:45 PM2/3/09
<rus4...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Is Pepsican a bot?

"Ok, a few recommendations here. Until we know what is fixed in 1.018, we
don't know whether it is causing the issues reported here."

"I think the bug, where the score is shown in reverse, is still not
resolved. So, you need to replace the word "British" with "German"."

"The ships are meant to be upside down. So you just need to turn your
monitor up the other way."

OK, I made the last one up.

Regards,
Mike Kreuzer
www.mikekreuzer.com

eddys...@hotmail.com

Feb 4, 2009, 2:32:25 AM2/4/09
On 3 feb, 22:40, "Mike Kreuzer" <m...@FIRSTNAMEkreuzer.com> wrote:

> Is Pepsican a bot?

Nah, just the ultimate SES fanboy. And they made *that* guy a
moderator, you know, an impartial judge - ROTFL.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx