Wargame of the Year 2007 - the results

eddys...@hotmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 2:11:43 AM1/16/08

The results :

War-Historical's Wargame of the Year 2007 :

# 1 - AGEod's American Civil War - 64 points

The Silver and Bronze go to :

# 2 - Advanced Tactics - 47 points
# 3 - Carriers at War - 40 points

Congrats to the winners, they will get a mail / forum post from me
with the unique badge designed by Daniel Lamb.

This completes the Top 10 :

# 4 - AGEod's Napoleon's Campaigns - 39 points
# 5 - Commander : Europe at War - 22 points
# 6 - Air Assault Task Force - 21 points
# 7 - Guns of August 1914-1918 - 17 points
# 8 - Making History - The Calm & The Storm 2.0 - 14 points
# 9 - Cose Combat : Modern Tactics - 11 points
#10 - Theatre of War - 7 points

As to the separate (and secret) vote by developers : as I only got 6
only more or less statistically valid data I could draw from it is
that there was only 1 game which appeared in every list but one. That
game was Advanced Tactics. So an additional congrats here for the
developer who managed to impress his peers the most. I also did a
simulation whereby I entered the secret votes to the general vote and
the result was that it wouldn't have mattered for the top 3 spots.

I've now encrypted the Excel file and have send it to Mr. Beretta - as
soon as he acknowledges receiving it I'll ask Mr. Giftzwerg to
announce the lucky number so Mr. Beretta can announce who won Pat
Proctor's and Shrapnel's kind gift of Air Assault Task Force.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

eddys...@hotmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 3:31:42 AM1/16/08
On 16 jan, 08:11, "eddyster...@hotmail.com"

> I've now encrypted the Excel file and have send it to Mr. Beretta - as
> soon as he acknowledges receiving it

Which he just did - so, Mr. Giftzwerg : can you provide us with a
number between 1 and 38 inclusive ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

ERutins

Jan 16, 2008, 7:46:06 AM1/16/08
Thank you everyone for your votes, I'm sure Vic and the guys at SSG
will be thrilled. Congratulations to Pocus and his team at AGEOD for
the gold!

korri...@hotmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 9:26:17 AM1/16/08
AGEod and AGE Studio teams are simply delighted!!!

Last year, you had given our first game Birth of America an unexpected
second place.

This year, you have voted our second game, American Civil War, Wargame
of the Year 2007.

We really really thank you for your thrust and your support. To run a
small company like AGEod is really demanding, when Philippe Malacher
and Philippe Thibault have started the whole thing they were only
dreaming about such accomplishment. Today, we have built strong links
with the Wargaming community; we enjoy lively and courteous forums
where we can find feedbacks, remarks and encouragement. We have built
partnerships with other companies such as Nobilis, Matrix, CDV,
Ascaron, Friendware, etc.

All this will force us to commit ourselves even more in developing
high standard quality strategy games.

As you know, we are currently finishing the development of Birth of
America 2, with news units, new campaigns, new mechanisms, a new map
and the sheer simplicity that delighted you in the BoA gameplay.

We also plan this year to develop another game using the AGE engine
and taking place in the European theatre...

Finally, we will work on our big project "Vainglory of Nations, who
will put you in charge of a whole nation in the Victorian age, First
World War included! (if you don't succeed to prevent it). ETA 2009.

But 2008 is also a major turn in the AGEod history. Indeed, last year
we had begun to distribute Great Invasions, an old game by Philippe
Thibaut. This month, we will begin the distribution of two brand new
games developed by two new studios. More news later.

So we are really going to celebrate this New Year. All the team is
very excited. We all have been members of this newsgroup for long, to
receive this price by you really means a lot to us.

Best regards,

the AGEod Team

NB: And as we are crazy people, I'm glad to announce that the winner
of your lottery will receive a free copy of Birth of America 2 upon
its release and meanwhile can pick a game in our catalogue. Eddy,
could you please give me his/her details later?

eddys...@hotmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 9:45:52 AM1/16/08
On 16 jan, 15:26, korriga...@hotmail.com wrote:

> NB: And as we are crazy people, I'm glad to announce that the winner
> of your lottery will receive a free copy of Birth of America 2 upon
> its release and meanwhile can pick a game in our catalogue. Eddy,
> could you please give me his/her details later?

As soon as Mr. Giftzwerg posts a number between 1 and 38 inclusive
I'll release the password which protects the Excell file Mr. Beretta
has in his possession. Then he can tell us the name of the lucky
b*st*rd who wins both Air Assault Task Force and your games.

I know it's an involved process, but it's to totally rule out any
tampering with the lottery.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

ERutins

Jan 16, 2008, 9:59:23 AM1/16/08
> > NB: And as we are crazy people, I'm glad to announce that the winner
> > of your lottery will receive a free copy of Birth of America 2 upon
> > its release and meanwhile can pick a game in our catalogue. Eddy,
> > could you please give me his/her details later?

Great post, Korrigan, congrats to you all. You know, what the heck,
we may as well throw in on this as well. I didn't want to offer
anything at the start for fear of the usual folks claiming we were
trying to buy votes, but now that it's over, let me add a copy of
Advanced Tactics and a copy of Carriers at War to the lottery as
well. Eddy, perhaps you should draw more than one number with this
many prizes?

Regards,

- Erik

MJB

Jan 16, 2008, 10:00:19 AM1/16/08

<korri...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> AGEod and AGE Studio teams are simply delighted!!!

This is a good company run by nice people and I'm going to buy all their
products. I've got plenty of games from other companies run by nasty,
short-sighted SOBs that I don't have the time to play. So I think I should
buy AGEod's games whether I have the time to play them or not.

Because mean, ignorant, stupid people suck.

It doesn't hurt one bit with that decision that what AGEod produce is
top-notch.

--
MJB

Mr. Tin's Miniature Painting Workshop:
http://web.newsguy.com/Mrtinsworkshop/

Giftzwerg

Jan 16, 2008, 10:54:45 AM1/16/08
In article <0bf32791-7fa8-4a28-b465-fc80d2da8ac5
@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, eddys...@hotmail.com says...

> > I've now encrypted the Excel file and have send it to Mr. Beretta - as
> > soon as he acknowledges receiving it
>
> Which he just did - so, Mr. Giftzwerg : can you provide us with a
> number between 1 and 38 inclusive ?

<drumroll>

Twenty-seven (27)

<fanfare>

--
Giftzwerg
***

eddys...@hotmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 11:22:11 AM1/16/08
On 16 jan, 15:59, ERutins <er...@matrixgames.com> wrote:
> but now that it's over, let me add a copy of
> Advanced Tactics and a copy of Carriers at War to the lottery as
> well. Eddy, perhaps you should draw more than one number with this
> many prizes?

Ok,

We'll call the original number Mr. Giftzwerg has given the main prize.
He wins Air Assault Task Force and the games from AGEod

So we'll need two additional numbers - one for Advanced Tactics and
one for Carriers at War.

Mr. Giftzwerg, if you please :

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Vincenzo Beretta

Jan 16, 2008, 1:27:23 PM1/16/08

<eddys...@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

All is ready over here: we only need the additional two numbers... :o)

Giftzwerg

Jan 16, 2008, 1:40:17 PM1/16/08
In article <530179e3-6acd-46d6-bcf1-
c155b0...@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, eddys...@hotmail.com
says...

> We'll call the original number Mr. Giftzwerg has given the main prize.
> He wins Air Assault Task Force and the games from AGEod
>
> So we'll need two additional numbers - one for Advanced Tactics and
> one for Carriers at War.
>
> Mr. Giftzwerg, if you please :

<trumpets>

Seventeen (17) and nine (9).

<kazoo>

Vincenzo Beretta

Jan 16, 2008, 2:08:59 PM1/16/08

"Giftzwerg" <giftzw...@NOSPAMZ.hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> In article <530179e3-6acd-46d6-bcf1-
> c155b0...@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, eddys...@hotmail.com
> says...
>
>> We'll call the original number Mr. Giftzwerg has given the main prize.
>> He wins Air Assault Task Force and the games from AGEod
>>
>> So we'll need two additional numbers - one for Advanced Tactics and
>> one for Carriers at War.
>>
>> Mr. Giftzwerg, if you please :
>
> <trumpets>
>
> Seventeen (17) and nine (9).
>
> <kazoo>

And now, Mr. Sterckx, if you please, the password :o)

eddys...@hotmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 6:22:28 PM1/16/08
On 16 jan, 20:08, "Vincenzo Beretta" <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> And now, Mr. Sterckx, if you please, the password :o)

Password : JRForPresidentIn2008

So, and the winners are ... back to Mr. Beretta :

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

JeF

Jan 16, 2008, 11:05:42 PM1/16/08
On 16 jan, 15:26, korriga...@hotmail.com wrote:
> AGEod and AGE Studio teams are simply delighted!!!

Do you know what is impressive ? AGEod's Napoleon's Campaign is
number four !
AGEod totalled 103 point !!

Having two similar games (Civil War and NC) in the competition means
that your fans had to choose for number one. Or even chose one of the
two (like I did). Meaning their voice is split.
While, let's say, Major Proctor's fans knew what to vote for.

So we can say it's a message of love to the AGEod team from this very
NG.
And the guys around do not send message of love every day, you know
that. ;-)

JeF.

phmal...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2008, 5:43:47 AM1/17/08
I could not say better than Korrigan. Thanks you all for your support!

Now that we are all in love of each other, what can we do? ;-)

eddys...@hotmail.com

Jan 17, 2008, 6:01:51 AM1/17/08
On 17 jan, 11:43, phmalac...@gmail.com wrote:
> I could not say better than Korrigan. Thanks you all for your support!
>
> Now that we are all in love of each other, what can we do? ;-)

Spend your time coding the next contender instead of posting riddles &
hints in here ? :)

Seriously : an occasional update of what you guys are up to would be
appreciated. I know you do this in your own forum, but "breaking news"
in here has the tendency to appear at various other wargame sites and
reach a much bigger audience.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Giftzwerg

Jan 17, 2008, 7:08:21 AM1/17/08
In article <a83efb5c-39b3-4ba7-8921-485b60065c39
@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, phmal...@gmail.com says...

> I could not say better than Korrigan. Thanks you all for your support!
>
> Now that we are all in love of each other, what can we do? ;-)

Weren't you guys working on something along the lines of English
colonial wars in the Victorian age?

Marcus Piffer

Jan 18, 2008, 4:04:42 AM1/18/08
On Jan 16, 12:45 pm, "eddyster...@hotmail.com"

<eddyster...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> As soon as Mr. Giftzwerg posts a number between 1 and 38 inclusive
> I'll release the password which protects the Excell file Mr. Beretta
> has in his possession. Then he can tell us the name of the lucky
> b*st*rd who wins both Air Assault Task Force and your games.

I'm the lucky b*st*rd!

eddys...@hotmail.com

Jan 18, 2008, 4:10:56 AM1/18/08

Congrats on being a b*st*rd :) - I think the best way to proceed is
for you to contact the developers who made the offer.

@Graham Thurlwell : could you contact Erik Rutins as well ? he's been
looking for you.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Graham Thurlwell

Jan 18, 2008, 2:24:18 PM1/18/08
On the 18 Jan 2008, "eddys...@hotmail.com"
<eddys...@hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Congrats on being a b*st*rd :) - I think the best way to proceed is
> for you to contact the developers who made the offer.

> @Graham Thurlwell : could you contact Erik Rutins as well ? he's been
> looking for you.

Will do, thanks for the heads up.

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nos...@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

Marcus Piffer

Jan 18, 2008, 2:50:44 PM1/18/08
On 18 jan, 07:10, "eddyster...@hotmail.com" <eddyster...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Congrats on being a b*st*rd :) - I think the best way to proceed is
> for you to contact the developers who made the offer.

I will do it.

Marcus Piffer