TTD: Transport Tycoon Deluxe Patcher

Josef Drexler

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
Hey everybody,

I just finished the first version of my TTD patcher, a program to
improve TTD in a few ways. It also enables a few in-game cheats.

Main improvements:
* Train refitting - now you can use an X2001 for a coal mine
* Improved handling of way points to prevent trains from getting lost
* Automatic Track Conversion to Monorail or Maglev (including trains)
* Trains can be faster on hills and in curves
* More vehicles; now up to 40000 instead of just 690
* More trains, planes etc.; now up to 240 of each type

Get it here: http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/

Currently, only TTD version V2.01.119 with a file size of 496543 bytes
is officially supported, but others will probably work as well. See the
documentation for more information.

[Note: F'up set to csipgs because I don't get agmt on my regular server.
That's also why I had to use Deja]

--
Josef Drexler

To email me, please use the address on my web page at
http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Jason McCullough

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
>Hey everybody,
>
>I just finished the first version of my TTD patcher, a program to
>improve TTD in a few ways. It also enables a few in-game cheats.
>
>Main improvements:
>* Train refitting - now you can use an X2001 for a coal mine
>* Improved handling of way points to prevent trains from getting lost
>* Automatic Track Conversion to Monorail or Maglev (including trains)
>* Trains can be faster on hills and in curves
>* More vehicles; now up to 40000 instead of just 690
>* More trains, planes etc.; now up to 240 of each type
>
>Get it here: http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/
>
>Currently, only TTD version V2.01.119 with a file size of 496543 bytes
>is officially supported, but others will probably work as well. See the
>documentation for more information.
>
>[Note: F'up set to csipgs because I don't get agmt on my regular server.
>That's also why I had to use Deja]

Wow, kick ass. Thanks a lot. I still obsess about this game
occasionally.

To respond by email, remove "blort" from the front of my email
address.
blort...@ou.edu
Jason McCullough

".....to identify Flavor Flav as a clown with a clock is to lose sight
of Public Enemy's goal to inspire, entertain and educate."
(from www.public-enemy.com)

Andrew (Stan) Cox

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
Thanks for that. Now what I always wanted was something tht would let me
play for say 4 years and then turn the company over to the computer and
start a new company. Sort of like the Scotland 1956 scenario. The only way i
could see was to start the game and just nearly buy out my competitors and
then after the allotted time sell the shares and start to play.

Stan

Josef Drexler

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
In article "Re: TTD: Transport Tycoon Deluxe Patcher", Andrew (Stan) Cox
writes:

> Thanks for that. Now what I always wanted was something tht would let me
> play for say 4 years and then turn the company over to the computer and
> start a new company. Sort of like the Scotland 1956 scenario. The only
> way i could see was to start the game and just nearly buy out my
> competitors and then after the allotted time sell the shares and start to
> play.
>
> Stan

Aah, that's easy. Just save your game, and copy the resulting *.sv1 file
into a .sv0 file, which is a scenario file. Now you can play this
scenario, and you get a new company while the computer gets your old one.

The only problem is that I find the computer usually doesn't know what to do
with your tracks. If I do this, about one year after giving it to the
computer it just starts removing _all_ tracks, which is not a good thing.

So, if you really want this to work I guess you'll have to build your tracks
like the computer does; no combined stations etc. I never had the nerve to
try that though. Oh well...

> Josef Drexler wrote:
>
>> Hey everybody,
>>
>> I just finished the first version of my TTD patcher, a program to
>>improve TTD in a few ways. It also enables a few in-game cheats.

--
Josef Drexler
---------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Conscience is what hurts when | To email me, please change the country
everything else feels so good. | code to .ca - Death to Spammers!

Josef Drexler

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
old....@mindspring.com writes:
> On Sun, 30 May 1999 22:49:43 GMT, nospam...@ou.edu (Jason McCullough)
> decided to post words that all would read on, "Re: TTD: Transport Tycoon
> Deluxe Patcher", lets see if they are worth reading.

>>Wow, kick ass. Thanks a lot. I still obsess about this game
>>occasionally.
>
> Also agree, just got it now. Got to check it out tonight. Thanks also.

You're welcome. I started to make this patch almost a year ago, and was
using it almost all the time. For me, it makes TTD so much more enjoyable.
It probably makes it easier, too, but I never had a problem beating the
opponents anyway.

So, two weeks ago I decided to polish it up a bit, and to publish it, after
I noticed how many people are still playing TTD. It's nice to see that I'm
not the only one who benefits from it.

Andrew (Stan) Cox

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
I tried that and it never seemed to work. Hmmm must have been doing something
stupid. I'll give it another go tonight. Thats if I'm not playing Roller Coaster
Tycoon of course.

Stan

Josef Drexler wrote:

Aah, that's easy. Just save your game, and copy the resulting *.sv1 file

> into a .sv0 file, which is a scenario file. Now you can play this
> scenario, and you get a new company while the computer gets your old one.

<snip>

Freddy Poobah

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
I've been looking for TTD in stores, on the web, etc. and can't find
anyone who still carries it...I thought it was out of date. Anyone
who knows where to pick up a copy, please post here!

On 1 Jun 1999 15:23:31 GMT, Josef Drexler <jdre...@julian.uwo.canada>
wrote:

>In article "Re: TTD: Transport Tycoon Deluxe Patcher",
>old....@mindspring.com writes:
>> On Sun, 30 May 1999 22:49:43 GMT, nospam...@ou.edu (Jason McCullough)
>> decided to post words that all would read on, "Re: TTD: Transport Tycoon
>> Deluxe Patcher", lets see if they are worth reading.
>>

>>>Wow, kick ass. Thanks a lot. I still obsess about this game
>>>occasionally.
>>
>> Also agree, just got it now. Got to check it out tonight. Thanks also.
>

>You're welcome. I started to make this patch almost a year ago, and was
>using it almost all the time. For me, it makes TTD so much more enjoyable.
>It probably makes it easier, too, but I never had a problem beating the
>opponents anyway.
>
>So, two weeks ago I decided to polish it up a bit, and to publish it, after
>I noticed how many people are still playing TTD. It's nice to see that I'm
>not the only one who benefits from it.

http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----

J M. Horton

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
Where can I get this patch 0- I missed the earlier posting

Matthew

For Railroad Tycoon II visit U. K. Rail Express at
http://rrtii.future.easyspace.com

On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 20:36:56 GMT, fre...@poobah.com (Freddy Poobah)
wrote:

For all your Railroad Tyoon II needs visit U.K. Rail Express at
http://rrtii.future.easyspace.com

###########################
|#| [~~~~ #########
| |_[]__[_ [~~~~~~~~] [~~~~~~
| ------ ] ] [http://rrtii.future.easyspace.com
| ------ ] ] [http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/urc.yorkshire/index.htm
{ ------- ]__] [http://www.NetcomUK.co.uk/~jmhorton/index.html
_|____________]-[________]-[______
/_o o O O o o o o o o o o

Josef Drexler

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
In article "Re: TTD: Transport Tycoon Deluxe Patcher", J M. Horton writes:
> Where can I get this patch 0- I missed the earlier posting
>
> Matthew

Here: http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/

Maybe I shouldn't have posted via Deja, but I wanted to reach
alt.games.microprose.trans-tyc as well.

3iff

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

Josef Drexler wrote in message <7is25q$5a2$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>Hey everybody,
>
>I just finished the first version of my TTD patcher, a program to
>improve TTD in a few ways. It also enables a few in-game cheats.

Just got this tiny patch and it seems to work fine.

What I REALLY like is the ability to convert/upgrade from railways to
maglevs (or monorail) instantaneously.
As I tend to build a massive interlinked rail network, upgrading is a major
headache. In one game it
took me 30 game years to rip out the existing rail lines and rebuild using
the newly available technology.

Now, I can apparently do it with one simple cheat command. It's WONDERFUL!!
I am just in the process of giving the patch a good test by playing a new
game...

Congratulations Josef.

3iff

(In the near future I hope to have a website where I will make available
around 50 (yes, fifty) TTD scenarios.
Although these are fictional or semi fictional maps, they may amuse and
entertain.

More details when things are ready!

Anthony Houghton

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Freddy Poobah wrote in message <375595b1...@news.surfree.com>...

>I've been looking for TTD in stores, on the web, etc. and can't find
>anyone who still carries it...I thought it was out of date. Anyone
>who knows where to pick up a copy, please post here!

Unfortunately it's not available anywhere legally, although rumour has it
that it is coming out on budget shortly.

Ant

rb...@earthlink.net

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Freddy,

Try:

http://surfsolutions.com/abandonwarering/

It is covering games that basicly have been abondoned by the companies
that produced them and are not being sold by anyone else.

Ralph

Freddy Poobah wrote:

> I've been looking for TTD in stores, on the web, etc. and can't find
> anyone who still carries it...I thought it was out of date. Anyone
> who knows where to pick up a copy, please post here!
>

> On 1 Jun 1999 15:23:31 GMT, Josef Drexler <jdre...@julian.uwo.canada>
> wrote:
>

> >In article "Re: TTD: Transport Tycoon Deluxe Patcher",

rb...@earthlink.net

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Hey,

WHERE did you get this patch at by any chance???

Ralph

3iff

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
Just to say I've got this, installed it, ran it.....

GREAT STUFF, especially the convert tracks feature...

3iff

Josef Drexler wrote in message <7is25q$5a2$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>Hey everybody,
>
>I just finished the first version of my TTD patcher, a program to
>improve TTD in a few ways. It also enables a few in-game cheats.

Josef Drexler

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
In article "Re: Transport Tycoon Deluxe Patcher", rb...@earthlink.net
writes:

> Hey,
>
> WHERE did you get this patch at by any chance???
>
> Ralph

If you want to know where you can download it, that's here:
http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/

If you want to know where *I* got it from, come listen to this story.

It was in this thingy, hmm, whatsitcalledagain? Wait, I'll have a look...

*Mpf* *Ouch* I really hate this part...
Yay! Lights! Cool...
*Ouch*

All right, it's this squishy, grey, disgusting thing in my head, and it
appears to be called "brain". I have version #25.7ck, got it somewhere
around 1975 I think. I've been looking for an update but couldn't find one
yet. :-)

So, being the software artist that I am, I suddenly had an inspiration
about a year ago which then led me to make this nice program. It wasn't
actually very difficult, the only problem was to make a subroutine that
scans the real mode interrupt table for a specific value, checks it's the
right one, copies the code this pointer points to to a specified location
in protected mode memory and then runs this code, and for all that I only
had 49 bytes of CPU instructions. Now *that's* what I call art...

Chris locke

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99

Josef Drexler wrote in message <7is25q$5a2$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>I just finished the first version of my TTD patcher, a program to
>improve TTD in a few ways.

Its great that people are still developing small hacks and improvements for
this great game.

This is a great (and working!) patch which offers great improvements to the
game!

(Ok - praise over ...... back to the game.....)