Quarter to Three game site

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
launched a website.

www.quartertothree.com

We even have a top ten list about gamers and the recent election.

We're having some display problems for Netscape 4.7 users, so I
apologize for those. IE and Netscape 6 are fine with the site. If
anyone can figure out why it's all futzed up, email me.

ma...@cdmnet.com

Thanks!

TheRealEd

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Actually I think its great. There are only a handfull of reviewers that I
trust implicitly and among them are Tom and Mark. Tim Chown is another.

Good luck guys!
ed
"SilentDreams" <silent...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> > Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
> > launched a website.
> >
> > www.quartertothree.com
> >
> > We even have a top ten list about gamers and the recent election.
>

> Oh joy...2 of the people on here with the dullest, most vanilla
> opinions (when they do actually express any, which isn't often) have a
> website. Pardon me if I forego the celebration. :)
>
> =SD=
> "I don't know about the key to success, but the key to failure
> is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
On 30 Nov 2000 04:23:43 GMT, Brian Robinson
<brob...@figment.ist.ucf.edu> wrote:

>> Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
>> launched a website.
>>

> Cool! When hiring new people, don't accept any applicants who
>have GameSpot, Gamecenter, Daily Radar, Happy Puppy, Head to Head, IGN,
>Blue's News, or Voodoo Extreme on ther resume and you should be able to
>keep up some quality. I really hope this works out for you.

Thanks! We appreciate it. Our goal is to be interesting. We know we
can't be as comprehensive as a lot of sites, but's that's ok. Other
sites can be phone books. We'll try to be the interesting short story
or essay that you want to read when you can clear 20 minutes of your
time.

Most of all, I think that both Tom and I cherish Usenet, and our
gaming sensibilities have been molded and fired in these groups.

www.quartertothree.com

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:23:59 GMT, SilentDreams
<silent...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>> Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
>> launched a website.
>>

>> www.quartertothree.com
>>
>> We even have a top ten list about gamers and the recent election.
>
>Oh joy...2 of the people on here with the dullest, most vanilla
>opinions (when they do actually express any, which isn't often) have a
>website. Pardon me if I forego the celebration. :)

Heh -- well, it's not like Tom and I celebrated by going out to Spago
on the arms of supermodels. <g>

Give us a chance and check the site out. Maybe you'll enjoy it.
Believe it or don't, but Tom and I are pretty hardcore gamers. If we
sometimes have vanilla opinions, it may be because our opinion just
happens to fall into that middle range of opinions.

I do think that the writing on our site will be a cut above most of
the other sites. I always appreciate good writing, even if I disagree
with it. I'm pretty liberal (Tom's conservative), but I always enjoy
reading George Will. I seldom enjoy listening to Rush Limbaugh. See
the pattern?

Anyway, all I ask is that you give us a chance.

www.quartertothree.com

Bob Perez

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Congratulations on your launch, the big day has arrived!

I had no idea Tom was in Theological Studies at Harvard. But after watching
that episode of "ER" that he was in, I understand a little better.

I think the most interesting thing I read at the site was the missed
opportunity described by Brad Wardell in *not* having an election game ready
in time for the most heavily publicized election in history. That's gotta
hurt.

Good luck, guys!

- Bob Perez

> Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
> launched a website.
>
> www.quartertothree.com
>
> We even have a top ten list about gamers and the recent election.

SilentDreams

Nov 29, 2000, 11:23:59 PM11/29/00

> Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
> launched a website.
>
> www.quartertothree.com
>
> We even have a top ten list about gamers and the recent election.

Oh joy...2 of the people on here with the dullest, most vanilla

opinions (when they do actually express any, which isn't often) have a
website. Pardon me if I forego the celebration. :)

=SD=

Brian Robinson

Nov 29, 2000, 11:23:43 PM11/29/00

--
Brian Robinson
brob...@ist.ucf.edu

Jon Saloga

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:39:31 -0600, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
>launched a website.
>

>www.quartertothree.com
>
>We even have a top ten list about gamers and the recent election.

Well thank goodness, because there just hasn't been enough of that
here.. :)

Jon S

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00

Ha! We're just doing our part to make the election mess unavoidable!

We'll probably do our silly lists once a week, but today I'll have a
new one up that won't have anything to do with politics, I promise!

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:29:07 -0800, "Bob Perez"
<b...@deletethis.bobperez.com> wrote:

>Congratulations on your launch, the big day has arrived!
>
>I had no idea Tom was in Theological Studies at Harvard. But after watching
>that episode of "ER" that he was in, I understand a little better.

I haven't seen it, but Tom told me he's convinced he got that part
because he pronounce all those multisyllable medical terms correctly.
<g>

>I think the most interesting thing I read at the site was the missed
>opportunity described by Brad Wardell in *not* having an election game ready
>in time for the most heavily publicized election in history. That's gotta
>hurt.

Yeah, no kidding. That could have been the type of game that the
mainstream press could pick up on even.

So how many election games will we see before 2004? I suspect several.

>Good luck, guys!

Thanks!

www.quartertothree.com

Brian Robinson

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
SilentDreams <silent...@my-deja.com> blathered:

> Oh joy...2 of the people on here with the dullest, most vanilla
> opinions (when they do actually express any, which isn't often) have a
> website. Pardon me if I forego the celebration. :)

Well, I agree that a game review site by say, Derek Smart and Bill
Huffman would be more interesting but I think this one could turn into
something good. Whether or not you like these guys they're both literate
and tend to be unbiased in their opinions (wrt hype), and those are the
two features I like most in reviewers.

Marcus J. Maunula

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
Very nice, I hope it becomes succesful. You are one of the best writers.

You could try and get Henri Arsenault in too, he's also a great writer.

Marcus

> Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
> launched a website.
>
> www.quartertothree.com
>
> We even have a top ten list about gamers and the recent election.

SilentDreams

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
> Give us a chance and check the site out. Maybe you'll enjoy it.
> Believe it or don't, but Tom and I are pretty hardcore gamers. If we
> sometimes have vanilla opinions, it may be because our opinion just
> happens to fall into that middle range of opinions.

In my interactions with you, you've commonly been a mouthpiece and/or
excusemaker for game companies, which to me, makes for dull,
uninteresting reviews/writing. And based on my interactions with "Tom
Chick", his general attitude grates on my nerves. So that made for my
lukewarm reaction to your announcement. :)

> Anyway, all I ask is that you give us a chance.

Fair enough. Seeing as your response was pretty cool, i'll cruise on
over and give it a look.

Knight37

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
Quoting SilentDreams <silent...@my-deja.com> from Fri, 01 Dec 2000
16:45:09 GMT:

>> Give us a chance and check the site out. Maybe you'll enjoy it.
>> Believe it or don't, but Tom and I are pretty hardcore gamers. If we
>> sometimes have vanilla opinions, it may be because our opinion just
>> happens to fall into that middle range of opinions.
>
>In my interactions with you, you've commonly been a mouthpiece and/or
>excusemaker for game companies, which to me, makes for dull,
>uninteresting reviews/writing. And based on my interactions with "Tom
>Chick", his general attitude grates on my nerves. So that made for my
>lukewarm reaction to your announcement. :)

Wow.

I think you're judging both Mark "GameCo has to make a profit" Asher and
Tom "Deus Ex sux ass" Chick a bit prematurely based on a few chance Usenet
encounters. ;P

I'm glad you're going to check out their site, they're both capable of
pretty interesting reporting/reviewing, not to mention good writing.

BTW, guys, in case you're reading, I like what I see so far!

--

Knight37

"I have an open mind.
Just not so open that the wind blows through."
-- Gerry Quinn, on csipg.rpg

sgri...@carolina.rr.com

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
On 1 Dec 2000 21:07:48 GMT, knig...@gamespotmail.com (Knight37)
wrote:

Hey, what is the URL - for some reason my newsfeed is missing a lot of
posts lately :(

Grifamn

Bruce Geryk

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
On Fri, 01 Dec 2000 23:22:15 GMT, sgri...@carolina.rr.com wrote:

>Hey, what is the URL - for some reason my newsfeed is missing a lot of
>posts lately :(

http://www.quartertothree.com

Tom Chick

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
On Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:45:09 GMT, SilentDreams
<silent...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>And based on my interactions with "Tom
>Chick", his general attitude grates on my nerves.

You don't have to put "Tom Chick" in quotes. Unlike someone who goes
by the monniker of, say, "SilentDreams", Tom Chick is in fact my real
name. :)

Grating away,

-"Tom Chick"

--
***** *****
***** www.quartertothree.com *****

Tom Chick

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 00:24:17 GMT, SilentDreams
<silent...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>A. I thought nobody could actually have such a silly name,

You'll have to take that up with my father.

>B. I could
>honestly give a fuck less what your real name is,

Ignoring the fact that you completely mangled the "couldn't care less"
idiom, the feeling is mutual, I assure you.

>and C. My name is
>none of anyone's business, and most certainly none of yours.

No one asked, Mr. Dreams, but your position on the issue is duly
noted.

-Tom Chick

rain

Dec 1, 2000, 7:12:21 PM12/1/00

"Tom Chick" <tomc...@cutthispartout.primenet.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:45:09 GMT, SilentDreams
> <silent...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> >And based on my interactions with "Tom
> >Chick", his general attitude grates on my nerves.
>
> You don't have to put "Tom Chick" in quotes. Unlike someone who goes
> by the monniker of, say, "SilentDreams", Tom Chick is in fact my real
> name. :)

Oh, you're *that* Tom Chick !
Why didn't you say so.
You must be real now ;)

SilentDreams

Dec 1, 2000, 7:24:17 PM12/1/00

> >And based on my interactions with "Tom
> >Chick", his general attitude grates on my nerves.
>
> You don't have to put "Tom Chick" in quotes. Unlike someone who goes
> by the monniker of, say, "SilentDreams", Tom Chick is in fact my real
> name. :)

A. I thought nobody could actually have such a silly name, B. I could
honestly give a fuck less what your real name is, and C. My name is
none of anyone's business, and most certainly none of yours. So grate
away, Tom, as I can return the favor just as well. :)

Jeff Green

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
In article <vfmc2tg4po9ttf2e5...@4ax.com>, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:29:07 -0800, "Bob Perez"
><b...@deletethis.bobperez.com> wrote:
>
>>Congratulations on your launch, the big day has arrived!
>>
>>I had no idea Tom was in Theological Studies at Harvard. But after watching
>>that episode of "ER" that he was in, I understand a little better.
>
>I haven't seen it, but Tom told me he's convinced he got that part
>because he pronounce all those multisyllable medical terms correctly.
><g>

Wait---what episode of ER was Tom in? Seriously, I wanna know!
Is he the pregnant Asian doctor?

Jeff Green
CGW

Bob Perez

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Tom's TV credits can be found at:
http://www.cnn.com/2000/CAREER/trends/11/30/dune/index.html

He portrayed Weissbroot in episode # 4.3, "Friendly Fire" 10/9/1997. This
was before the asian pregnancy, but after the PBEM cat scan.

- Bob Perez

"Jeff Green" <jeff_...@ziffdavis.com> wrote in message

Bob Perez

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Oops. Wrong URL. Here's Tom's TV credits:

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Chick,+Tom#guest

But the Dune one is worth reading too. ;->

- Bob Perez

"Bob Perez" <b...@deletethis.bobperez.com> wrote in message

mtKafka

Dec 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/6/00
hey like the site!

maybe you 2 will end up the siskel and ebert of gaming reviews hehe

etc

Jason McCullough

Dec 8, 2000, 9:57:26 PM12/8/00
wrote:

>Just wanted to let you know that Tom "I hate Deus Ex" Chick and I have
>launched a website.
>
>www.quartertothree.com
>
>We even have a top ten list about gamers and the recent election.
>
>We're having some display problems for Netscape 4.7 users, so I
>apologize for those. IE and Netscape 6 are fine with the site. If
>anyone can figure out why it's all futzed up, email me.

In spite of Tom hating Deus Ex, thanks for creating a gaming site I
can read without throwing up. Watch it, though, if I see any
pimp-talk or the word "hoochie".....

Jason McCullough
blortkar...@yahoo.com
Remove "blort" from the front of my email address to contact me.