Astros Field (Enron) renamed!

Allan Parent

Jun 5, 2002, 10:31:51 PM6/5/02
Astros Field, formerly Enron Field has just been renamed...Minute Maid Park.
Maybe if the Astros were in Florida, but the name just doesn't sound right
for some reason.

Allan

Craig Sturdivant

Jun 5, 2002, 9:31:39 PM6/5/02
"Allan Parent" <all...@nospam.charter.net> wrote in

> Astros Field, formerly Enron Field has just been renamed...Minute
> Maid Park. Maybe if the Astros were in Florida, but the name just
> doesn't sound right for some reason.

Yeah that does not make sense, especially considering that Minute
Maid's parent company, Coke, is out of Atlanta. Astros Field sounded
better, but in this age of $$$, I guess they had to do what they had to
do.

I'm just glad that they decided not to sell the naming rights of
Soldier Field here in Chicago.

--
remove .nuxx to reply by email

w.j.sullivan

Jun 6, 2002, 1:06:16 AM6/6/02
They would probably get even MORE money if they went back to their old
uniforms. The reddish, orangey, lemony stripes would subliminally make us
want to drink orange juice.
-------------------------------------
"Craig Sturdivant" <cstu...@hotmail.com.nuxx> wrote in message

javajeff

Jun 6, 2002, 1:14:48 AM6/6/02
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:06:16 -0500, "w.j.sullivan"
<w.j.su...@charter.net> wrote:

>They would probably get even MORE money if they went back to their old
>uniforms. The reddish, orangey, lemony stripes would subliminally make us
>want to drink orange juice.

Tequilla sunrise

Pumbaa

Jun 6, 2002, 8:13:42 AM6/6/02

"Allan Parent" <all...@nospam.charter.net> wrote in message

> Astros Field, formerly Enron Field has just been renamed...Minute Maid
Park.

Maybe it refers to the baseball annies that follow thr team.

Robert C Buss

Jun 6, 2002, 9:00:49 AM6/6/02
While listening to ESPN radio this afternoon, I heard one of the hosts say
that the park might now be referred to as the "Juice Box".

Allan Parent

Jun 6, 2002, 10:53:04 AM6/6/02
Lol! Maybe they will beat their opponents to a PULP!

Allan

"Robert C Buss" <rober...@starband.net> wrote in message

JWS008

Jun 6, 2002, 3:09:25 PM6/6/02
And of course, when the ball continues to rocket out of the renamed Minute Maid
Park, we can all ponder whether the ball was juiced!

[Ugh!]

Allan Parent

Jun 6, 2002, 6:17:39 PM6/6/02
I wonder if this will cause the Astros to call the squeeze more often???

Allan

"JWS008" <jws...@aol.com> wrote in message

StL Blues Fan ©2002

Jun 6, 2002, 9:33:49 PM6/6/02

"Craig Sturdivant" <cstu...@hotmail.com.nuxx> wrote in message
> "Allan Parent" <all...@nospam.charter.net> wrote in
>
> > Astros Field, formerly Enron Field has just been renamed...Minute
> > Maid Park. Maybe if the Astros were in Florida, but the name just
> > doesn't sound right for some reason.
>
> Yeah that does not make sense, especially considering that Minute
> Maid's parent company, Coke, is out of Atlanta.

Given that Minute Maid itself is headquartered in Houston, makes sense to
me.

Of course, Minute Maid Field sounds little league to me.

Astros Field sounded
> better, but in this age of $$$, I guess they had to do what they had to
> do.
>
> I'm just glad that they decided not to sell the naming rights of
> Soldier Field here in Chicago.

Yet. :-)

Brett Todd

Jun 7, 2002, 12:48:48 AM6/7/02
Is it just me, or does that sound vaguely pornographic?

Brett

Joe Marques

Jun 7, 2002, 11:33:26 PM6/7/02
I'm just grateful that sports are still male dominated so there is no
field/arena/stadium named after a female product such as: Kotex Field, FDS
Arena, Progestin Park (dubbed "The Pill"), and Monistat Memorial Stadium.
;0)

--
Joe Marques

Robert C Buss

Jun 8, 2002, 1:05:43 AM6/8/02
Or Massengill disposable douches. What would they call that park?

"Joe Marques" <JoeMa...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Bill Harris

Jun 8, 2002, 11:36:04 AM6/8/02
"The Pill." LOL. That is classic.

The advantage to Kotex field is that there wouldn't be many rainouts.

Joe Marques

Jun 9, 2002, 9:22:14 PM6/9/02
I would think Summer's Eve makes a better baseball park than Massengill. ;0)

--
Joe Marques

"Robert C Buss" <rober...@starband.net> wrote in message

Joe Marques

Jun 9, 2002, 9:24:18 PM6/9/02
Yeah, but the seats are so small everyone feels cramped. Serving Midol at
the concession stand solves that problem. ;0)

--
Joe Marques

"Bill Harris" <billh...@nospam.austin.rr.com> wrote in message