BC3K - 8/27/00 is Derek Smart Fraud Day

Bill Huffman

Aug 28, 2000, 1:49:54 AM8/28/00
Today is Derek Smart Fraud day. The esteemed Derekologist, Dr. fthx,
declared the first Derek-Smart-Fraud-Day August 27, 1997. It was in
honor of Mr. Smart changing his story about his dissertation being
listed and saying that it was not listed and all knowledge about its
existence had been suppressed due to his game being copyrighted.
Previous to that he'd been saying that it was listed and available. This
is when his PhD fraud became obvious to many. Therefore, Derek Smart
Fraud Day was declared and has been the highlight of the year for all
obsessed derekologists everywhere.

People would take holiday on Derek Smart Fraud Day in order to celebrate
in style. (Note this may not really be true but I didn't work today,
unless you count fixing the sink. Plus I usually do take my vacation in
August. And maybe someone else always takes a vacation on August 27?)

The greatest Derek Smart Fraud Day was of course the first. However,
last year the celebration of Derek Smart Fraud Day spilled over well
into the middle of September. As part of this celebration Derek Smart
first admitted (on 9/3/99) that he had been lying all along and that his
alma mater was not accredited. Then due to Mr. Smart's hilarious
misunderstanding of the academic world he admitted (on 9/10/99) that his
alma mater was listed in the degree mill chapter of Dr. Bear's book. He
did not realize that this chapter was reserved for the most obvious and
lowest of the fake schools and frauds! A good chunk of the people that
started up the frauds in the degree mill chapter have spent time in jail
for their deceit!

The second greatest day in Derekology is Derek-Smart-Says-F*ck-You-Day,
August 22. The first F*ck-You-Day was also in 1997. It was declared to
celebrate Mr. Smart's unique style in public relations. It's extra
special because it is an excellent warm up to Fraud Day. I've decided to
celebrate the Derekology holiday season by documenting Mr. Smart's f*ck
you posts over the past year.

Here they are in approximate chronological order (at least the best that
deja can do). Starting with oldest going to newest at the end. This is a
nice summary of a year in review of Derekology. Enjoy

******start of quotes by the great fraud, Derek Smart*****

Besides, who the fuck cares what these ladies think?

Whats your fucking point?

Fucking retard.
Its *fucking idiots* like you, that make us all [game developers] ...

This guy is such a fucking liar and loser, I'm pissed that I'm sitting
here working to pay his salary while he was in the military and yet
again, my tax dollars are paying for his disability so he can sit at
home and be unproductive.

Fuck 'em.

Just ignore that fuckwit

No, I'm just getting warmed up. This fucking idiot Ed and his
grandstanding bullshit, just burns my ass, man. He sits there (he's
probably butt ugly too) staring at the monitor thinking what garbage to
type next because he has nothing else worth doing in real life.
Retirement ain't all that grand it seems. We should all be so lucky.
Dunno how old he is, but if he's retired, he's probably over 55, which
means he probably can't even get *it* up and therefore, takes out his
frustration on a dead topic. Just because I don't respond to his
constant trolling, libel etc, he just thinks that he's gotten a free get
out of flamecity card. Talk about beating a dead horse, he should beat
his dead d*ck. Fucking idiot.

Carry on, fuckwit

>It would be advisable to back off complaining about paying taxes for
>military disabilities...you are treading on thin ice........

Man, fuck you. Who the hell are you? You think I want my hard earned
money going to support some degenerate asshole's (Dakatari) Pampers
fund?

Thanks for injecting that moronic and blantantly stupid logic into the
mix. Who asked you anyway, *Karl*?

It is *clear* that you have *no* idea what you are talking about. You
could've just shut the fuck up you know, instead of making yourself look
and sound stupid. The word 'franchise', in the gaming industry, has a
*specific* meaning. You go tell EA, Sierra, Origin, Eidos, etc, that
nonsense.

hey, wait a minute, you haven't tried v2.0???? So, this post was based
on v1.0x? Thanks! what a fucking waste of my time.

Fuck you.

There, I've lost one more 'friend'. *sheesh*

>I'll finish a real
>Ph.D. I'll make a real difference in the world. I won't get rich
doing it,
>but at least I'll know it's not just a fantasy. It's for real.

yeah, and I'd still be something that I like, call my *own* shots,
responsible for *my* life and career and doing *exactly* what that *I*
want.
And you, with your genuwine degree will still be a 'yes man' to an
asshole
who probably doesn't have 10% of your brain capacity (which probably
doesn't amount to much anyway) and pulling a little over minimum wage
(if you get a job that is) or sitting at home twiddling your thumbs
crossing out all the job interviews you've been to (PhD's are a dime a
dozen and a degree rarely guarantees a job nowadays). The world is full
of genuwine degree holders who can hardly pay their bills while college
dropouts, DL learning degree holders and even high-school dropouts,
live better lives, make a difference and of course, more money.
Fuck you and when you get that degree, wipe your ass with it. It'll
be of more use then.

Why the *fuck* would I post a different version of an email I had posted
only a month and half ago. How much of a fool do you *think* I am?

You *fucking* liar!!!!!!!!

>He is a fraud,
>and an affront to the people who actually -earned- their title.

Why should I give a flying fuck about the next man? If they feel that
way, fuck 'em. To each his own.

>Jesus, are you ever an insufferable, pompous asshole.

I aim to please

>And another soldier joins the 'Get Smart' brigade.

Fuck you

Unless you were slapped by your mother, dropped on your head by your
degenerate dad and your li'll brother dropped a plug-in toaster in the
bath..with you in it, thus resulting in severe brain damage, then, that
would explain this nonsensical post of yours. Obviously, you know
nothing about BC3K.

If I have to tell you to shut the fuck up again, I'm *plonking* your
sorry ass.
So, buy a clue or shut the fuck up.
*plo....* (you're almost there)

sheesh! you're pathetic. Just shut the fuck up, loser.

It reeks of jealousy. So, shut the *fuck* up!!!!!!

Now, be a good dog, hump the leg of the person standing or sitting next
to you and fuck off.

*plonk*

>I hate to even follow up to these threads, but am I the only person
>who notices Derek go out of his way to spamify a zillion groups with
>his announcements and then when discussion pops up he screams and
>yells at everyone.
>
>Why doesn't he just _not_ announce. It would hurt him less.
>Really Derek, just, you know, don't announce anymore.

Fuck you

*plonk*

>Hmm. People disagreed with you, because you said that the truth was
>no defence in a Libel case, when (apart from the specific exception of
>Criminal Libel) it is in fact a complete defence.

*sigh*, what happened to your comprehension skills exactly???

I'm going to say this again. Truth is *not* and absolute defense against
libel in the US. Ever. Further, you *can* be held liable for libel even
if the premise was true if it was found to be malicious (or some such).
Why the fuck are we arguing about this when all someone has to do is
some research. I stand by this post because, unlike you sissies just
posting crap, I know it to be *factual*.

Man, shut the fuck up. I don't give a toss if you were cargoing rubber
dog shit out of Iraq. All I know it that you are a despicable piece of
living tissue who didn't deserve to be in uniform in the first place.
You made it, got out only so you could park your sorry ass at home,
collect disability, spread hatred and behave like a moron online.
Heck, the cook in the kitchen who served food you couldn't feed to your
cat can be an ex-Ranger. Big fucking deal.

Lets talk about honor, fuck head. I was once a rich, make that *very*
rich individual.

Shutup you fucking idiot. Trainman50 himself acknowledged that the email
was accurate except for the KKK line.

Do try to keep up or shut the fuck up.

*plonk*

Get a life and shut the fuck up while you're at it. Jackass.

*plonk*

Fuck him.

Just shut the fuck up.

He's a stupid fuck. He's supposed to be a teacher. Now we know at least
one person responsible for the stupid American school kids.

Do yourself a favor and just fuck off. OK?

Now, be a good dog, shove a bone up your ass, and shut the fuck up. Its
*pointless* taking this thread off topic because I won't get see any
other crap from you.

*plonk*

>Yup. And another thing - who the fuck is actually 'playing'
Battlecruiser?
>I'd rather give myself a barbed wire enema.

Go ahead, it sounds like you need it. While you're at it, give
yourself a mouthwash with one too.
<editor's note: I know that Derek didn't use the word in this post put
his hypocritical response to the use was too hilarious to leave out.>

Anyway, 'millions' is plural and could range from 2m to any number. Get
it? If you affirm that duration of development is correct, don't u think
that it would be more than $2m, hence, 'millions'? As it is, my tax
filings alone indicate almost $4.5m in development over a long period.
Where the fuck do you think all this money came from? Charity? No, it
came from *me*.

Thanks for posting profanity on my site. I killed the thread, killed
your profile, banned you by direct IP masking, grabbed your details,
including IP mask and sent it to your ISP.

Dumb fuck. It clearly says that your IP is logged and only an idiot
would leave a footprint like that knowing that the password u needed to
register, had to be sent to a valid email address. I guess your parents
forgot to tell you that what you did is illegal by Federal statutes
right?

*plonk*

Don't flatter yourself and think you make a difference to me, you don't.

There, you've had your 5 mins of fame, now fuck off - quietly.

*plonk*

Ack! its you again? Just fuck off. Who cares what *you* think? Retard.

*plonk*

THEY ARE CREATED IN REAL-TIME FROM THE MAPS OBTAINED FROM NASA. THAT IS
HOW THE TECHNOLOGY WORKS. I HAVE EXPLAINED THIS TO EXCRUTIATING DETAIL.
YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT DEM MEANS.

Get it now, brainiac? You don't have a fucking clue what you're
talking about.

>Didn't you ever wonder why other developers do read the comments good
and
>bad and make judgements based on them? And why they don't flame
everyone
>who posts something negative?

Who cares what the fuck *you* think, retard?

Fuck 'im.

You fucking idiot, do you know what a Chapter 13 is?

I know what a dumb fuck is.

I know there was a point to your post. I missed it, so, fuck off.

*plonk*

You misssed the *fucking* point. Yeah, lets turn this into Part II of
the "Derek insults all vets" bullshit. You'll be playing alone.

If Daktari can't stand the heat, he should get the fuck out the
kitchen. In a flame war, *anything* goes
I'm not going to continue discussing this farce, so don't be surprised
if there aren't any further responses from me. We all know what I mean
and we all know that I'm refering to *him*. I don't give a flying fuck
how he feels about it. Come to think of it, I don't give a flying fuck
what *anyone* thinks about it. Much, much worse has been done to me
here, by him and others. So because some asshole (Daktari the Usenet
jackass) , looking for a free ticket out of the real world, goes into
the military, returns a 'vet of sorts', all of a sudden he gets
preferential treatment for the same farce that he is proliferating? Fuck
him.

>Please don't respond to this post on the NG - or anything else. That
>includes any martyr speeches about how you will do this thing.
>
>2 months. Let it die.

Fuck off

And one more thing, considering the volatile nature of the industry,
especially for you folks who WORK FOR OTHER COMPANIES AND RELY ON THEM
TO PAY YOUR BILLS, I would suggest that you back the fuck off me,
because you never know where you're going to end up next. You could end
up at a company where I have influence with the peers and I'll remember
you.

btw, jackyO, fuck you and *don't* send me email anymore. I just got your
last email last night and I shredded it. Fuck off!! I have no interest
in *anything* you have to say anymore.

Man, fuck you.

>Now I see why you don't have time to write a tutorial for BC3000AD. You
>spend it hanging around here doing fuck all.

Yeah, less stressful. Now kindly exit to the door on your right, and
fuck off.

*plonk*

>It takes a really world-class asshole to slam another product by
telling
>someone to 'take it back and by mine'.

Oh really? Since when did you become the free speech bunny, you
pretentious fuck?

And Mike Berdos, I know who you are, you sorry fuck.

>It's truly remarkable that after all this time, Smart still actually
has
>some little bit of respect to lose on a daily basis.

Yeah, ain't it cool? Now, fuck off.

*plonk*

If you can't marry talent with management, you do *not* deserve to be in
the business. Period. Frankly, I don't give a flying fuck how many of
them go out of business. I just wish they'd hurry up and get it over
with. The less no-talent-having punks (whether its developers or suits)
we have in the industry, the fewer titles the gamers will have to choose
from and the less money
publishers will have to bribe retailers to carry said titles.

If someone chooses to mince their words, thats *their* fucking problem.
I don't. If you don't like it, kiss my ass.

>You're absolutely right. You are completely responsible for this
flamewar.
>You can end it at any time by no longer spamming newsgroups, and no
longer
>participating in flamewars. In short, by removing yourself from Usenet.
>Please do so.

Shut the fuck up, fool.

btw, thanks for participating. Here's a half-eaten sandwich as
consolation prize.

*plonk*

Of course, since *you* are not on the receiving end, you can sit there
with your righteous self and talk about *me* mishaving. So, just because
I'm a developer, I should bend over and get fucked by you and your
lowlife friends? For what?? I have *nothing* to fear from my actions
because I *alone* am responsible for *me*. I don't have publishers to
answer to, nor a boss to be afraid of. So, it is *highly* unlikely that
I would allow some lowlife sniveling punk like you and your friends, to
continue harrassing and stalking me, unheeded. Fuck you, for being so
presumptious. If I ignore the trolling, it is not only because of
killfiles, but because I *have* the power to do so.

Here comes my granny checking up on me. Man, fuck you. Who died and made
you head bitch?

*plonk*

> "When all else fails, resort to name calling".

Well, 'ang on a minute. You get to make baseless threats and I have to
play by the rules? Man, fuck you.

Hey, John O'Neil, Mr *LIAR* (is that how, as a broker, you lie to your
clients? do you insider trade too?) where is that confidential Take2
financial report showing that BC3K 1.0 had a 70% return rate and which
you said you saw? What? Lying again? How surprising.

Fucking idiot

You fucking idiot, posting LIES again?? I never have and never will, use
an alias. Did you even *bother* to search the Terminus boards to see
other posts by this 'loserman'? Did you think to check his email
address? Did you think to send Joe email asking him to check the
person's reg data? No? Then why am I surprised?? When I post on that or
any board, I post as *me*. I'm not you, jackass John O'Neil who hides
behind an alias.

And btw, where's that confidential Take2 financial reports, showing a
70% return rate for BC3K 1.0, that you were going to provide? Its been
TWO weeks now since your original LIE!!!!

Fucking idiot.
<editor, please note that Mr. Smart has admitted to using 2 aliases
(Netizen Netranger and Mark Stryker) which is in direct contradiction to
his statements above.>

I guess you needed another alias so that I could this, right? Well, I
read it. Now fuck off

*plonk*

<Editor: And finally the most recent f-ing post from Mr. Smart, 8/21/00>
As for Joel. Fuck him. He made a bad call and got buried for it. He
deserved it - the snivelling prick. Life goes on.

--
Bill Huffman
bhuf...@FRAUDsan.rr.com, remove the FRAUD to email me

Visit the unofficial Derekology web site at
http://werewolves.com/~follies

Louis J.M

Aug 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/28/00
In article <64nq5.1045$rw3....@typhoon.san.rr.com> , "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

> nice summary of a year in review of Derekology. Enjoy.

ROFL. This is more fun to read than the Dan Marino tribute was to watch!

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _ E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
\_/-, ,----' // WWW : Coming Soon!
==== ___// ----------------------------------------------------
/ \-'~; /~~~(O) "The government of the United States of America is
/ __/~| __/ | not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion"
==(______| (_________| - Treaty with Tripoli, 1797

Bill Huffman

Aug 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/28/00

ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 05:49:54 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

> >Today is Derek Smart Fraud day. The esteemed Derekologist, Dr. fthx,
> >declared the first Derek-Smart-Fraud-Day August 27, 1997.
>
> [snip]
>
> Some incredible funny-ness from our favorite clown.
> We should have 'Derek sez *plonk*' day, but it would be
> a little boring to read them all at one time.. heh.

Yes this would be another good day to add to the Derekology Holiday
season. I've also thought of adding a
Derek-Smart-Makes-Impotent-Threats-Day. His impotent threats really
crack me up. I thought it was extra hilarious the past year when he was
going through his delusion that the truth isn't a defense to libel. (Of
course Mr. Smart is only correct in that delusion when living in a
facist state and someone says something true but derogatory about the
leader.) I also found his statements that I was going to jail for
telling the truth about him to be hilarious.

Oh well, poor Mr. Smart has apparently hit the bottom of his barrel.
It's been a long campaign but it appears that his lies, obnoxious
behavior, and silly threats have finally been purged from Usenet. Even
though this was an admitted goal at one time, it is with a note of
sadness that I accept the obvious truth that fraudman has been beaten
into submission. It just goes to show you the truth in my position that
a flame war cannot be won.

Bill Huffman

Aug 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/28/00

Louis J.M <Loui...@Earthlink.net> wrote in message

> In article <64nq5.1045$rw3....@typhoon.san.rr.com> , "Bill Huffman"
> <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > nice summary of a year in review of Derekology. Enjoy.
>
> ROFL. This is more fun to read than the Dan Marino tribute was to
watch!

Last year's tribute is available at

http://suburbia.werewolves.org/~follies/archives/1NotSoSmartPosts/1Custo
merService-PR/DereksF-ckYouMethodOfPR.txt

Robert Williams

Aug 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/28/00

Bill Huffman wrote in message <64nq5.1045$rw3....@typhoon.san.rr.com>...

>Today is Derek Smart Fraud day.

You're still keeping on with this, instead of letting it go?

How sad.

Rob

Guig

Aug 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/28/00
*YAWN*

--
Guig

(GSF600SY Bandit)

There is no black race, white race, or yellow race .... only the human race.

Life is but a game, only really badly programmed.

I used to be an athiest, until I realised I was god.

bp

Aug 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/28/00
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:47:25 +0100, "Robert Williams" <rs...@tesco.net>
wrote:

>Bill Huffman wrote in message <64nq5.1045$rw3....@typhoon.san.rr.com>...

>>Today is Derek Smart Fraud day.
>

>You're still keeping on with this, instead of letting it go?
>
>How sad.

HEY DUDE IT'S A HOLIDAY !!
>Rob

Spridle

Aug 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/28/00
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:57:05 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

>Yes this would be another good day to add to the Derekology Holiday
>season. I've also thought of adding a
>Derek-Smart-Makes-Impotent-Threats-Day.

I propose calling it Just Wait Day (the holiday that never arrives).

04/27/1999 -- ...just wait. I'm a very, very patient and tenacious man
who will stop at nothing (that much is obvious). There are laws for
this sort of thing. Bill has a *documented* trail going back almost 3
years and I for one, have *no* intentions for quitting. As I've said,
cookie jar, cereal box, accredited or not, I know for a *fact* that I
*will* prevail. It takes time+money and I've got nothing but
time+money.

06/19/1999 -- Remember when you and I were talking about this kid
coming to my house and planting shit in my garage or something because
he lives only 10 mins from me? I guess we spoke too soon. But, my
attorney has everything in that complaint, starting from the mail
fraud, down to the harrassment, the emails etc. He has such as trail,
I'd like to see how his mother gets him out of this one. Just wait.

06/29/1999 -- Besides, LouisJM5 is not even 18 yet and he's already a
felon. Here is *exactly* what transpired and how it got this far. Its
not going to be too hard for the DA. Just wait.

07/05/1999 -- ...and he's the only anonymous fuckhead who doesn't know
that I *do* have attorneys. The same example of an anonymous fuckhead
who was sitting around with the d'oh! look on his face when someone
found themselves at the end of a legal letter. Like I said. Just wait.

07/07/1999 -- As for Huffman...just wait. What's going to happen will
shock the living shit out of all of you. Just wait. I ain't done with
him yet. I gave him the option to bow out, he didn't. Like I said all
along, I'm gonna teach him a lesson he's _never_ going to forget in
this millenium.

10/24/1999 -- I don't think Huffman or jackyO know *anything* about
the law or how it works. Just wait.

11/24/1999 -- I genuinely believe that Huffman will, if he could,
cause me serious harm and I'm *not* going to stand by and watch it
happen, nor am I going to take the law into my own hands in
retaliation. I have spent a *lot* of money on this issue and once it
finally gets to court (thats the next thing you'd be hearing, just
wait), that will be the final resolution.

12/04/1999 -- As for lawsuits. Just wait. Like I said, I'm not
threatening anybody with anything, let Huffman continue harrassing me
and you'll all see the results of how the legal system works when you
are patient and diligent.

01/07/2000 -- Eitherway, this had *nothing* to do with my degree,
accredited or not. It is purely a hate-filled campaign of harrassment.
And I've always said this, he will be brought to justice and that day
will be one to remember. When his sites were taken down, one fine
sunny morning, nobody saw it coming. Just wait.

01/07/2000 -- I assure you that by next week, he will be snivelling
prick, once again, crying so as not to be carted off to jail. Just
wait.

03/07/2000 -- When his friend, Trainman50, sent me racist email and
threats, then disappeared, they turned it into 'DS forged email'
because my cut 'n paste job from my email program to my newsreader,
screwed up the integrity and formating of the post. Without even
explaining *where* the hell Trainman50 went thereafter. He *never*
returned and nobody has heard from him since I threatened to contact
the FBI and made the email public. Yet, Daktari, tried
*unsuccessfully* to shoehorn some fictional proof that the email was
doctored. Even though he couldn't prove it, him, Huffman and some
others, took it as gospel and posted it on their websites. But, just
wait. The time will come.

03/19/2000 -- Just wait and watch. Like I said, I've *had* it. Either
way, this constant harrassment and barrage of insults, will *stop* and
I don't care who goes to jail, blows money on attorneys or gets fired
over it. It *will* stop.

04/06/2000 -- There are special plans for Bilbo in progress. It'll be
a not-to-be-missed classic. Just wait. Like I said, you guys know I'm
one patient SOB and I've got nothing but time. Harrassment and
stalking are *felonies* and once the authorities figure out how to
handle it, we'll see. I don't even have to prosecute him, I'll let my
tax dollars do the talking. The authorities (state and local), have
been taking special interest in Internet crimes. And with a delinquent
like Louis (racist, making gun threats etc) on the loose with that
psycho out in California, they're not taking any chances. Just wait.
Like I have said before, either way, this harrassment and stalking
*will* stop.

04/13/2000 -- The legal wheels are turning. Just wait for the outcome.
I know for a *fact* that one person is definitely going to jail at
some point.

08/01/00 -- And all he has done, is left himself wide open for legal
action (if I choose to pursue it) because I know for a *fact* (as does
Take2) that everything he posted, is pure and utter garbage. The info
below is along the lines of what him and the Huffman groupies would
pull - put a bunch of crap together, with *zero* facts and post it on
a website as facts. In fact, this is good because it will just make
things easy for me. Just wait.

Spridle

Aug 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/28/00
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:12:12 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:47:25 +0100, "Robert Williams" <rs...@tesco.net> wrote:
>

>>Bill Huffman wrote in message <64nq5.1045$rw3....@typhoon.san.rr.com>...

>>>Today is Derek Smart Fraud day.
>>

>>You're still keeping on with this, instead of letting it go?
>>
>>How sad.
>>

>Rob, you seemed to be a sensible, rational human being when
>you posted the following admonishment in March:
>
> : http://x55.deja.com/[ST_rn=ap]/getdoc.xp?AN=600440528&CONTEXT=967493189.2023161896&hitnum=2
> : Subject: Re: Derek Smart
> : Date: 03/21/2000
> : Author: Robert Williams <rs...@tesco.net>
> :
> :Nigel Stutt wrote in message <8b616a$q6n$1...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> : >Why not lets have a vote - who wants Derek Smart barred from this newsgroup.
> :
> : Why not just act like sensible, rational human beings instead, and killfile/ignore him?
> :
> : Rob
>
>Now, you just look foolish.
>
>How sad.

Jesus, one of the mangy detractor dogs sniffing every ass on Usenet
and lifting his leg to pee in every newsgroup is accusing someone else
of looking foolish? And you dredge up a post from March to do so, a
post in which the author suggest killfiling Derek rather than
banishing him? And now his sin is wondering why you're keeping on with
this lunacy instead of letting it go.

Well, I guess anyone wondering if you lunatics are ever going stop is
asking a foolish question. In your little asylum, the sane look crazy.

The real irony is that you guys make Derek look better through your
actions.

Bill Huffman

Aug 28, 2000, 11:13:21 PM8/28/00

Spridle <spr...@inorbit.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:57:05 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
> <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes this would be another good day to add to the Derekology Holiday
> >season. I've also thought of adding a
> >Derek-Smart-Makes-Impotent-Threats-Day.
>
> I propose calling it Just Wait Day (the holiday that never arrives).

Absolutely hilarious! Thanks it will make a great addition to the Flame
War Follies web site.

http://werewolves.org/~follies

Aug 29, 2000, 2:29:56 AM8/29/00
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 01:02:35 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:17:59 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:

>>>Rob, you seemed to be a sensible, rational human being when
>>>you posted the following admonishment in March:
>>>
>>> : http://x55.deja.com/[ST_rn=ap]/getdoc.xp?AN=600440528&CONTEXT=967493189.2023161896&hitnum=2
>>> : Subject: Re: Derek Smart
>>> : Date: 03/21/2000
>>> : Author: Robert Williams <rs...@tesco.net>
>>> :
>>> :Nigel Stutt wrote in message <8b616a$q6n$1...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
>>> : >Why not lets have a vote - who wants Derek Smart barred from this newsgroup.
>>> :
>>> : Why not just act like sensible, rational human beings instead, and killfile/ignore him?
>>> :
>>> : Rob
>>>
>>>Now, you just look foolish.
>>>
>>>How sad.
>>
>>Jesus, one of the mangy detractor dogs sniffing every ass on Usenet
>>and lifting his leg to pee in every newsgroup is accusing someone else
>>of looking foolish? And you dredge up a post from March to do so, a
>>post in which the author suggest killfiling Derek rather than
>>banishing him? And now his sin is wondering why you're keeping on with
>>this lunacy instead of letting it go.
>

>Mark, Mark, Mark.. tsk, tsk..
>
>My comment, lost on you, was that he seems to be very adamant
>that people use killfiles, however he doesn't seem to be bothered
>that he, himself, doesn't/won't/can't killfile Bill Huffman.
>How cool is that?
>
>Can you say 'hypocrisy'?
>
>Knew you could.
>
>BTW, no one expects you to respond, Mark, you being a sort of hit
>and run poster and all, but feel free to surprise us.

Snoop Doggy Dog, he never intimated that he wanted to killfile
everyone associated with the pointless flamewar. He just said that
rather than complain about Derek, killfile him. How does that somehow
equate to him saying that everyone involved should be killfiled? His
post that you object to wasn't in response to a Derek Smart post. He
may very well have taken his own advice and killfiled Derek.

So, please explain how someone who suggested that it was simpler to
killfile Derek than to ban him is being hypocritical in responding to
a Bill Huffman post?

Can you say, 'Doh!' and slap your forehead?

Knew you could.

Rico

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00

> Snoop Doggy Dog, he never intimated that he wanted to killfile
> everyone associated with the pointless flamewar. He just said that
> rather than complain about Derek, killfile him. How does that somehow
> equate to him saying that everyone involved should be killfiled? His
> post that you object to wasn't in response to a Derek Smart post. He
> may very well have taken his own advice and killfiled Derek.
>
> So, please explain how someone who suggested that it was simpler to
> killfile Derek than to ban him is being hypocritical in responding to
> a Bill Huffman post?
>
> Can you say, 'Doh!' and slap your forehead?
>
> Knew you could.

Mark,

My suggestion would be that you either participate or don't. You've made it
clear ... over, and over, and over, and over ... that you don't like
detractors. Give it up. If you keep posting this often about "mangy
detractors," I'll have to believe you're that little house-bred weiner dog
wannabe following the wild pack and tugging at their tails for attention.

- Rico

Iron Horse

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00

What should be self-evident is clearly over your head.

A more important question might be, why do you care?

Allan Parent

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
ryu-dog wrote:

> Let me go rilly, rilly, s-l-o-w.
>
> Our erstwhile critic, Robert Williams, came to this newsgroup
> a day or two ago and whined about the posts made by Bill Huffman.
> In case you missed it, Mr. Huffman is a relatively well-known
> participant in the flamewar.
>
> Are you with me so far?
>
> If so, please signify, by placing your initials in the space ____
> If the initial thing confuses you, an X will do.
>
> Are we cool, now?
>
> Good.

Boys...boys...It is a time for celebration, not arguing. Let's enjoy the
peace and quiet. BTW, don't mention "his" name since the mention of
"him" has been know to summon him back to the NG. Remember, mum's the
word ;-)

Allan

bp

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 01:29:56 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>Snoop Doggy Dog, he never intimated that he wanted to killfile

>everyone associated with the pointless flamewar. He just said that
>rather than complain about Derek, killfile him. How does that somehow
>equate to him saying that everyone involved should be killfiled?

Here is a hint
Replace Derek With Bill

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:19:29 -0400, "Rico" <Troop...@bugplanet.org>
wrote:

>> Snoop Doggy Dog, he never intimated that he wanted to killfile
>> everyone associated with the pointless flamewar. He just said that
>> rather than complain about Derek, killfile him. How does that somehow
>> equate to him saying that everyone involved should be killfiled? His
>> post that you object to wasn't in response to a Derek Smart post. He
>> may very well have taken his own advice and killfiled Derek.
>>
>> So, please explain how someone who suggested that it was simpler to
>> killfile Derek than to ban him is being hypocritical in responding to
>> a Bill Huffman post?
>>
>> Can you say, 'Doh!' and slap your forehead?
>>
>> Knew you could.
>

>Mark,
>
>My suggestion would be that you either participate or don't. You've made it
>clear ... over, and over, and over, and over ... that you don't like
>detractors. Give it up. If you keep posting this often about "mangy
>detractors," I'll have to believe you're that little house-bred weiner dog
>wannabe following the wild pack and tugging at their tails for attention.

Nah, I don't need the attention. I check out the space sim group now
and then because -- guess what? -- I like space sims. Most of the time
I ignore the BC3K threads, but not always.

The reason why the detractors are so universally unliked is because
they're damned annoying, much more so than Derek Smart. Ryu, for
example, tends to spawn new threads all the time, rather than contain
his replies in the existing thread. I guess he has an overwhelming
desire to follow Derek around and write about him.

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:54:18 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

snip

>Why is he special? Why should he whine, and subsequently
>supported by you, when all he has to do is make a couple
>of mouse-clicks and Bill Huffman's posts go bye-bye?
>
>Forever.

If you would look at his message, he wasn't working himself up into a
self-righteous rage like you enjoy doing. He was just posting a
comment about how sad and pathetic the flamewar is. Surely you don't
argue with that, do you? You do admit that this endless temper tantrum
is pathetic, don't you?

>In summary, he is a hypocrite and you are a sycophant
>to his hypocrisy.

>Mr. Ass-er, I rest my case.

Heh. Besides being an idiot, you have no real wit.

Bill Huffman

Aug 29, 2000, 10:52:02 PM8/29/00

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:54:18 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> >Why is he special? Why should he whine, and subsequently
> >supported by you, when all he has to do is make a couple
> >of mouse-clicks and Bill Huffman's posts go bye-bye?
> >
> >Forever.
>
> If you would look at his message, he wasn't working himself up into a
> self-righteous rage like you enjoy doing. He was just posting a
> comment about how sad and pathetic the flamewar is. Surely you don't
> argue with that, do you? You do admit that this endless temper tantrum
> is pathetic, don't you?

Don't mind Mark. He apparently thinks that just because he's "in the
industry" now that he has to suck up to silly frauds. On the other hand,
When he demands information from me (whether or not I post to
alt.education.distance) and I give it to him. He feels it perfectly
justified in ignoring the fact that I gave him the information TWICE and
continue his blatant lie that since I don't hound frauds in the a.e.d.
group then that proves that I'm lying when I say I don't hate Mr. Smart.

Go suck up to the fraud Mark and maybe he'll give you a big exclusive.

bp

Aug 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/30/00
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:39:03 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:08:41 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 01:29:56 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Snoop Doggy Dog, he never intimated that he wanted to killfile
>>>everyone associated with the pointless flamewar. He just said that
>>>rather than complain about Derek, killfile him. How does that somehow
>>>equate to him saying that everyone involved should be killfiled?
>>

>>Here is a hint
>>Replace Derek With Bill

>>"rather than complain about Derek, killfile him"
>>

>Thanks, BP. I couldn't have said it better.
>
>I suspect that Mark is buttering up the Suprme Commander to get
>special treatment during the [cough] release phase of BM.
>
>To be sure of this, I guess we'll have to wait and see how much
>fauning praise Mark bestows on the Supreme Commander when
>the preview version of BM hits his desk.
He is going to have a long wait for thst BM
Maybe he is waiting for ABC which he will get as soon as Derek figures
out what it's going to be.

Iron Horse

Aug 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/30/00

> Nah, I don't need the attention. I check out the space sim group now
> and then because -- guess what? -- I like space sims. Most of the time
> I ignore the BC3K threads, but not always.
>
> The reason why the detractors are so universally unliked is because
> they're damned annoying, much more so than Derek Smart. Ryu, for
> example, tends to spawn new threads all the time, rather than contain
> his replies in the existing thread. I guess he has an overwhelming
> desire to follow Derek around and write about him.

I'm curious to know what research you've conducted to determine the
universal unlikeability (and its causes) of those who rip into Smartey. You
didn't just make that up, did you?

Aug 31, 2000, 9:31:47 PM8/31/00

Just anecdotal evidence from my years on Usenet. Is it worth my while
to make a more scientific study?

Aug 31, 2000, 9:34:16 PM8/31/00
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:08:41 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 01:29:56 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Snoop Doggy Dog, he never intimated that he wanted to killfile
>>everyone associated with the pointless flamewar. He just said that
>>rather than complain about Derek, killfile him. How does that somehow
>>equate to him saying that everyone involved should be killfiled?
>

>Here is a hint
>Replace Derek With Bill

>"rather than complain about Derek, killfile him"

Actually, while I think Bill is probably just as insane as the lot of
them, his posts tend to be some of the least annoying. He rarely seems
to start new threads, he's good natured and somewhat witty, and he's
always careful to put one of the killfile terms in his headers.

It's the people like Ryu who have no grace whatsoever who are hard to
take.

Aug 31, 2000, 9:43:15 PM8/31/00

Contrary to your perception of reality, my bashing the detractors for
their shared insanity and persistent lack of class and manners has
nothing to do with my opinion of Derek. Why would I want an exclusive
with Derek? It's the other way around -- Derek wants coverage by the
press.

If Derek gets his game out, there will be something worth covering.
Until then, I'm not interested. If there's a story here, it's one
about the Internet and eternal flamewars.

Louis J.M

Aug 31, 2000, 11:42:52 PM8/31/00
In article <k62uqss95rt2vhp89...@4ax.com> , Mark Asher
<ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:

> Contrary to your perception of reality, my bashing the detractors for
> their shared insanity and persistent lack of class and manners has
> nothing to do with my opinion of Derek. Why would I want an exclusive
> with Derek? It's the other way around -- Derek wants coverage by the
> press.

No he doesn't. Anyone with half-a-brain knows that isn't a viable motive.
No game developer wants bad press or people thinking his credentials are
worthless.

I actually thought this was the case at first, before it got personal
and realized Derek wasn't trolling for laughs, as I do once in awhile.
It was, in a word, for real. Which makes it so interesting (and
hilarious at times.)

Derek may never be even considered a game developer, but perhaps one
of the most brilliant British comics ever to live. The many simply
does not (seem to) know how stupid his statements are.

What is really baffling is Derek at some times, seems to have a perfect
acuity of truth. When we were locking horns, he never missed any oppor
tunity to point out minor fallacies in some things I stated.

Nor did Dan for that matter. Indeed, the both seemed, in a way, to be
allied with the detractors rightful perception truth.

> If Derek gets his game out, there will be something worth covering.
> Until then, I'm not interested. If there's a story here, it's one
> about the Internet and eternal flamewars.

Nobody is interested - well, not seriously anyway - in his game, and no
publisher worth their is going to consider Derek and his chessy, tacky
self-promotional space-fantasy a solid investment.

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _ E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
\_/-, ,----' // WWW : Coming Soon!
==== ___// ----------------------------------------------------

/ \-'~; /~~~(O) "I hate a black man who acts like a white man. But
/ __/~| __/ | what's worse is a black man who acts like a white
==(______| (_________| woman." - Louis Farrakahn

Bill Huffman

Sep 1, 2000, 12:06:58 AM9/1/00

Mark, you've apparently lost your ability to read. I didn't flame you
for bashing the detractors. I didn't flame you for sucking up to Mr.
S----t. I bashed you because you asked if I bashed frauds over on a.e.d.
and that if I didn't it somehow proved in your mind that I was lying
when I said I didn't hate Mr. S----t. I answered you that I did in fact
bash academic frauds over on a.e.d. However you went right on claiming
that I didn't bash people on a.e.d.. You see Mark you seem to have a
warped sense of reality. Whatever thought enters your mind, without any
justification and in spite of direct evidence to the contrary you think
it's true simply because you think it.

I'm looking forward to your story on the Internet and eternal flamewars.

Here's where I respond in the positive to Mark's request for
information. Notice the date is June 6, 2000
--------------Start of first post where I answer Mark's
question---------
From: "Bill Huffman" <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com>
Subject: Re: BC3K-Top 50 posters of the last 30 days. (May 2000)
Date: 06 Jun 2000 00:00:00 GMT
XNNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 13:11:37 PDT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim

Sorry Mark I haven't seen your original post so I'll respond here. If
I'm missing something please ask again. (My newserver has been flacky
the last few days.)

> Kevin McGuire <kevi...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> > : So, do you post messages dogging these people also? Or do you just
> confine
> > : yourself to Derek Smart posts? I'm curious, because your answer
would
> reveal
> > : whether your posts indicate a personality clash with Derek or just
your
> > : outrage at alleged fraud.

Yes as a matter of fact I do subscribe to alt.education.distance and I
do post there and occasionally "dog" "frauds". Generally they are not of
the roaring dishonest variety like Mr. Smart because they will admit
where their diploma came from. The purchasers of worthless paper are
really more viewed as poor souls in denial by most of the group. The
real fun is tracking out the diploma mill scam-artists (the frauds that
start up the fake schools) and the diploma mills.
--------------------End of first post-----------

Now 2 days later I respond to Mark who is repeating his same BS. Notice
how he tries to appear so "fair" in referring to the proven PhD fraud.
Yet he feels no hestiation in falsely claiming AGAIN that the only
reason I flame Mr. S----t is because I hate him. I assumed that he must
have just thought I was lying since I'm not "in the gaming industry" so
I even copied a recent post to prove it too him.

Tomorrow or the day after, Mark will still probably be repeatting the
same lies. We'll just wait and see.

From: "Bill Huffman" <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com>
Subject: Re: LaSalle & DETC
Date: 04 Jun 2000 00:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.education.distance

The facts are that LaSalle was a roaring, no holds barred fraud and
scam. AICS was at worst an unaccredited marginal school that made some
sleazy claims to accreditation. I'd hope that AICS students would be
insulted by the comparison.

The most important fact on LaSalle today is that it embraces its slimy
past by using the same diploma mill name and by claiming that it was
established in 1973. In my mind the very fact that it associates itself
with its own *CRIMINAL* history means it should be avoided like the
plague. It means that anyone getting a degree there now is very likely
going to be very sorry for their decision. It is an excellent example as
to why accrediting agencies should consider the past when evaluating an
institution.

The founder of LaSalle is in jail for founding and running the illegal
operation known then and today as LaSalle! How can this not be of any
concern? Mr. Dave News, it also appears to me that you are in a state of
denial.

BTW Dave, are you a past "student" or a current student? Perhaps you're
just an academic fraud looking for a possible free ride? The main point
of these questions is to exemplify the cloud of doubt that will follow
any real students that earns a degree at the current LaSalle.

NEWS <eavesd...@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > It's really not worth being harassed just because I go to LaSalle...
> Because
> > of this thread I've received many emails from people who support me,
but
> > don't want to post on this abusive newsgroup.
>
> >>You've received many supportive e-mails? Bullshit, Davey. But what
the
> >>hell, I don't want to interrupt your d-e-n-i-a-l . .
>
> Steve,
>
> Here's one I got today....you may say I'm in denial, but the simple
fact
> is - you're wrong.
>
> --------START PASTE------------
> Hi NEWS:
>
> I saw your posting on alt.education.distance and was interested. I am
> searching for a distance education degree program myself and was
interested
> in hearing your positive experiences about LaSalle.
>
> I don't believe in judging a school based on its past. AICS also had
> problems before, but they've cleaned themselves up now, as has
LaSalle.

*******end of post to alt.education.distance*********

--
Bill Huffman, bhuf...@FRAUDsan.rr.com remove the FRAUD to email me

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Bill Huffman

Aug 31, 2000, 11:35:25 PM8/31/00

Sep 1, 2000, 2:28:31 AM9/1/00
On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:42:52 GMT, "Louis J.M" <Loui...@Earthlink.net>
wrote:

>In article <k62uqss95rt2vhp89...@4ax.com> , Mark Asher
><ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:
>

>> Contrary to your perception of reality, my bashing the detractors for
>> their shared insanity and persistent lack of class and manners has
>> nothing to do with my opinion of Derek. Why would I want an exclusive
>> with Derek? It's the other way around -- Derek wants coverage by the
>> press.
>
>No he doesn't. Anyone with half-a-brain knows that isn't a viable motive.
>No game developer wants bad press or people thinking his credentials are
>worthless.

Of course he doesn't want bad coverage. Where did I suggest that?
Huffman intimated I was sucking up to Derek to get some kind of
exclusive.

Derek loves press coverage. That's why he sends out so many press
releases. My point is, I'm not really interested until his next game
is done. Once it's done, sure, then it's news and should be covered.

snip

>> If Derek gets his game out, there will be something worth covering.
>> Until then, I'm not interested. If there's a story here, it's one
>> about the Internet and eternal flamewars.
>
>Nobody is interested - well, not seriously anyway - in his game, and no
>publisher worth their is going to consider Derek and his chessy, tacky
>self-promotional space-fantasy a solid investment.

There will be some interest. Also, if he self-publishes it, he doesn't
have to sell as many copies to make a profit.

Sep 1, 2000, 2:41:48 AM9/1/00
On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 04:06:58 GMT, "Bill Huffman"

Then you wrote:

>> >Don't mind Mark. He apparently thinks that just because he's "in the
>> >industry" now that he has to suck up to silly frauds. On the other
>hand, When he demands information from me (whether or not I post to
>> >alt.education.distance) and I give it to him. He feels it perfectly
>> >justified in ignoring the fact that I gave him the information TWICE
>and continue his blatant lie that since I don't hound frauds in the
>a.e.d. group then that proves that I'm lying when I say I don't hate Mr.
>Smart.

How am I continuing anything? You're referring to something that
happened months ago and has nothing to do with this current thread I
replied to. I'll reiterate my point. This flamewar is pointless, sad,
and pathetic.

Then you wrote:

>> >Go suck up to the fraud Mark and maybe he'll give you a big
>exclusive.

Which led me to reply:

>> Contrary to your perception of reality, my bashing the detractors for
>> their shared insanity and persistent lack of class and manners has
>> nothing to do with my opinion of Derek. Why would I want an exclusive
>> with Derek? It's the other way around -- Derek wants coverage by the
>> press.
>>
>> If Derek gets his game out, there will be something worth covering.
>> Until then, I'm not interested. If there's a story here, it's one
>> about the Internet and eternal flamewars.

Somehow, the above spurred you once more to post:

>Mark, you've apparently lost your ability to read. I didn't flame you
>for bashing the detractors. I didn't flame you for sucking up to Mr.
>S----t. I bashed you because you asked if I bashed frauds over on a.e.d.
>and that if I didn't it somehow proved in your mind that I was lying
>when I said I didn't hate Mr. S----t. I answered you that I did in fact
>bash academic frauds over on a.e.d. However you went right on claiming
>that I didn't bash people on a.e.d.. You see Mark you seem to have a
>warped sense of reality. Whatever thought enters your mind, without any
>justification and in spite of direct evidence to the contrary you think
>it's true simply because you think it.

Huh? I was making the point that I'm not interested in a "big
exclusive" like you said I wanted, which reinforces my point about
bashing the detractors for no other reason than they're being damned
annoying. How does that relate to everything else you're babbling
about?

>I'm looking forward to your story on the Internet and eternal flamewars.

Why? Because you like to see your name in print?

snip

Iron Horse

Sep 1, 2000, 10:15:12 AM9/1/00

> On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 04:06:58 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
> <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

> snip
>
> This is what I wrote:

<snip>

> Then you wrote:

<snip>

> Then you wrote:

<snip>

> Which led me to reply:

<snip>

> Somehow, the above spurred you once more to post:

<snip>

And aren't these always the most interesting kinds of threads? C'mon dudes,
at least swear at each other!

Bill Huffman

Sep 1, 2000, 11:01:32 AM9/1/00

> Huh? I was making the point that I'm not interested in a "big
> exclusive" like you said I wanted, which reinforces my point about
> bashing the detractors for no other reason than they're being damned
> annoying. How does that relate to everything else you're babbling
> about?
>
> >I'm looking forward to your story on the Internet and eternal
flamewars.

> Why? Because you like to see your name in print?

Mark, let's try again.
1. I'm bashing you for being intellectually dishonest.
2.I'm bashing you for having a double standard.

detail to 1: you ask for information from me I provide it and you ignore
the fact that the information has been provided and continue on your way
spreading your false conclusions.

detail to 2: overwhelming evidence proves that Mr. S---t is an academic
fraud yet you can't say that he's a fraud bacause, "I'm just trying to
be careful. Derek is a developer and I write for gaming publications".
Yet you play fast and loose with the truth in your conclusions on
everything else.

Bill Huffman

Sep 1, 2000, 11:03:04 AM9/1/00
Iron Horse <w...@why.why> wrote in message

Mark, your mother wears combat boots!

bp

Sep 1, 2000, 4:14:13 PM9/1/00
On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 01:28:31 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:42:52 GMT, "Louis J.M" <Loui...@Earthlink.net>

Christ !
I can't believe anyone thinks he even has a *New* game after seeing
TE.

On the other hand I can see Derek re-re-releasing BC3k
v893ytetgd667.09-ss with some new models and calling it BM and trying
to sell it, to his other personalities, on his web site.

bp

Sep 1, 2000, 4:18:06 PM9/1/00
On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:57:38 GMT, "Iron Horse" <w...@why.why> wrote:

>"Bill Huffman" <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote in message

>Attaboy! Woo-HOO!!!
Ahh well aren't combat boots "in" today ?

Try this:
Mark your mother pierces her nipples with rusty nails.

Sep 1, 2000, 8:30:34 PM9/1/00

Derek's PhD isn't news anymore. No one cares. If I were to write an
article about his next game, if he finishes it, I would focus on the
game and never attribute a PhD to him. I would never write, "Derek
Smart, PhD." It would simply be "Derek Smart."

You've made your case. Over and over again. Why keep all this up? At
this point, Derek Smart isn't news anymore. His game may be, if it's
ever released.

Call me dishonest if you want, but I'm convinced this flamewar is
about intense dislike and has nothing to do with the PhD.

Bill Huffman

Sep 1, 2000, 9:29:59 PM9/1/00

Okay Dishonest Mark, you left off the lie about me not bashing frauds
over in a.e.d. this time. Maybe we'll catch it next time?

Can I also call you Double Standard Mark, sometimes, just for a little
variety?

BTW Dishonest Mark, Mr. S---t is still renewing his fraud with almost
every most. I accept the fact that it is old news but isn't it also
recent news?

I previously posted from my responses to Marks two requests. I thought I
would look his posts and unfortunately for Mark it makes him look even
more dishonest with even a more pronounced double standard. Why? Well
because the actuall posting difference was only about 1.5 hours! He asks
for information doesn't get it in 1.5 hours and Dishonest Mark falsely
concludes that the answer is what he wants to hear and continues
repeating his lie.

-------------
From: "Mark Asher" <ma...@cdmnet.com>

Date: 06 Jun 2000 00:00:00 GMT

Newsgroups:

--------end of first post-------------

----------then an hour and 23 minutes later Dishonest Mark posts-----
From: "Mark Asher" <ma...@cdmnet.com>

Date: 06 Jun 2000 00:00:00 GMT

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim

Kevin McGuire <kevi...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> : So, do you post messages dogging these people also? Or do you just
confine
> : yourself to Derek Smart posts? I'm curious, because your answer
would
reveal
> : whether your posts indicate a personality clash with Derek or just
your
> : outrage at alleged fraud.
>

> Ah, the old "if you don't spend your days tirelessly pursuing all
instances
> of this particular injustice, rather than this specific case, you must
be
> insincere" argument.

Only if they argue that that's why they're pursuing Derek in the first
place. We're not talking about people who are offended by an alleged
phony
PhD. We're talking about people who monitor the newsgroup for posts by
Derek
and continuously attack him, month after month. It doesn't seem
unreasonable
to ask if they are just as offended by other alleged PhD frauds, and if
they
are, why they are not attacking those people as well? I still haven't
had
this question answered.
-----------------------------

Well Dishonest Mark it has been answered NOW. I also noticed other posts
made after this where you repeating your same BS lie.

Sep 2, 2000, 12:57:40 AM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 01:29:59 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

snip

>I previously posted from my responses to Marks two requests. I thought I
>would look his posts and unfortunately for Mark it makes him look even
>more dishonest with even a more pronounced double standard. Why? Well
>because the actuall posting difference was only about 1.5 hours! He asks
>for information doesn't get it in 1.5 hours and Dishonest Mark falsely
>concludes that the answer is what he wants to hear and continues
>repeating his lie.

You're just a little obsessed, aren't you? You try to pretend that
this is just a game, a hobby for you, but that's a lie, isn't it?

What exactly is it you want me to say? My contention is that you and
the rest of the detractors are a boorish lot. What does you posting in
another newsgroup about PhD frauds do to change that?

No matter how you slice it, you've gone over the edge.

Bill Huffman

Sep 2, 2000, 2:22:55 AM9/2/00

Dishonest Mark you silly goose. You were the one that said since I
didn't bash frauds in the other group it showed that I was bashing Mr.
S---t out of hatred. This is after giving me an hour and 23 minutes to
respond! You didn't see the answer you weren't expecting so you
continued on your lying theme. Boorish wasn't the issue, Dishonest Mark.
The issue is that you were jumping to conclusions and being dishonest.
At the same time you were claiming that you couldn't jump to conclusions
about a proven academic fraud because he's a game developer. You calling
me boorish doesn't change any of that.

> No matter how you slice it, you've gone over the edge.

Dear Dishonest Mark, thank you for your opinion.

Guess what Dishonest Mark? I have had fun bashing you for your
dishonesty and for your silly double standard but I don't hate you. Now
if you can understand that my thick headed friend maybe you can
understand that you were wrong on your ASSUMPTIONS as to what drives the
flame war. Also consider this, you used to bash Mr. S---t at times
yourself (before you became part of the gaming press and had to create a
silly double standard). Did you do it because you hated the
megalomaniac?

Now if you really want to start me giggling why don't you claim that
you're going to telling the State Department on me? HAHAHA

Bill Huffman

Sep 2, 2000, 2:36:36 AM9/2/00
Bill Huffman <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote in message

Well it's been 8 or 9 minutes since I posted this and Mark hasn't
responded. I guess I should give him an hour and 23 minutes since that's
all he gave me. However, good ol' Mark knows I've gone over the edge and
since I'm going to bed now I won't be back in an hour and 23 minutes.

So since Mark hasn't responded I guess that means that his father wears
ladies high heel shoes. Go ahead and deny it Mark. I won't believe you
unless you've posted to alt.bash.cross-dressers previously. I'll give
you 2 hours and if your don't deny it by then we'll all know the truth.

Louis J.M

Sep 2, 2000, 5:42:29 AM9/2/00
In article <h8i0rss40enovce72...@4ax.com> , Mark Asher
<ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:

> Derek's PhD isn't news anymore. No one cares. If I were to write an
> article about his next game, if he finishes it, I would focus on the
> game and never attribute a PhD to him. I would never write, "Derek
> Smart, PhD." It would simply be "Derek Smart."
>
> You've made your case. Over and over again. Why keep all this up? At
> this point, Derek Smart isn't news anymore. His game may be, if it's
> ever released.
>
> Call me dishonest if you want, but I'm convinced this flamewar is
> about intense dislike and has nothing to do with the PhD

From some people yes. Me being one of the best candidates to hate Derek;
I think he's a bigger joke than Bill Huffman, in his dry imagination,
probably does.

Bill has simply been throwing this in Smart's face for years, and having
fun doing it, and we've been having fun watching it, and Derek, simply
won't admit he's an academic fraud, even though there is little doubt
he's an academic fraud among people in the industry, he still puts a Ph.D
after his name.

So the catalyst is Derek's ego. It doesn't seem that way now. He hasn't
anything here (hardly) for more than a week.

But who am I to assume if we left him alone he would take the gesture
for what it was and bugger off?

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _

\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------
/ __/~| __/ | "When all else fails, get a Glock <g>"
==(______| (_________| - Derek Smart, Ph.D Fraud (dsm...@pobox.com)

Allan Parent

Sep 2, 2000, 12:09:01 PM9/2/00

> What exactly is it you want me to say? My contention is that you and
> the rest of the detractors are a boorish lot.

Hey wait a minute. I don't think you have any room to talk. You
criticize others for not having a life and going over the edge yet you
continue to post junk here that is no better. Isn't this a double
standard?

Allan

Allan Parent

Sep 2, 2000, 12:13:06 PM9/2/00
"Louis J.M" wrote:

> So the catalyst is Derek's ego. It doesn't seem that way now. He hasn't
> anything here (hardly) for more than a week.
>
> But who am I to assume if we left him alone he would take the gesture
> for what it was and bugger off?

I think you are correct. It is Derek's ego that seems to drive the war (
not to mention his grating personality). I wish he would just fade away
but I really doubt he will....unfortunately.

Allan

bp

Sep 2, 2000, 12:59:08 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 16:13:06 GMT, Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
wrote:

Yes it's getting quite around here, except for Mark doing his best Dan
Brooks imitation, so expect to see Derek throw some logs on the fire
any day now.
>Allan

Allan Parent

Sep 2, 2000, 1:06:17 PM9/2/00
bp wrote:
> Yes it's getting quite around here, except for Mark doing his best Dan
> Brooks imitation, so expect to see Derek throw some logs on the fire
> any day now.
> >Allan

I hope not. But if history is any indication, I expect the Supreme's
return is at hand....ugh!

Allan

Louis J.M

Sep 2, 2000, 1:09:40 PM9/2/00
In article <39B12708...@flash.net> , Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
wrote:

> I think you are correct. It is Derek's ego that seems to drive the war (
> not to mention his grating personality). I wish he would just fade away
> but I really doubt he will....unfortunately.
>
> Allan

Smart doesn't want to fade away. Negative attention is a less sour pill to
swallow than seeing your abortion respectfully ignored, then dealing with
the occasional jabs.

Mr.Smart hates the fact that a gaming press that previews Panty Raider,
doesnt even acknowladge he exists - only when he's in partnership with
someone else, is his name brought up.

And he knows exactly why.

All of this controversy does indeed stem from an ego problem, which in turn
stems from low self-esteem, which in turn stems from Derek's childhood. If
Derek really had any redeeming qualities he wouldn't lie to such a degree
about himself.

David Braben, co-author of Elite and the author of Frontier: Elite II, a
space-sim with a large cult fanbase - me included, took at lot of flak
when he first made an appearence on that group, and responded to every
post in a civil and mature manner.

It not only diffused the situation, but the very fact that Mr.Braben had
shown maturity, restraint, and intelligence dealing with criticism and
with his newest project (although I wish he wasn't so secretive about it),
earned him a lot of respect.

A lot of us are looking foward to Elite 4, and I for one, doubt I'll be
dissapointed.

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _
\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------

/ __/~| __/ | "In soft regions are born soft men."
==(______| (_________| - Herodotus 450 B.C.

Sep 2, 2000, 3:59:03 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 06:22:55 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

snip

>Dishonest Mark you silly goose. You were the one that said since I

>didn't bash frauds in the other group it showed that I was bashing Mr.
>S---t out of hatred.

You bash others, but that doesn't mean you don't bash Derek out of
intense dislike. If you do bash others, I really doubt it's with the
frequency and vehemence that you pursue Derek. Do you erect websites
devoted to others?

Mine own eyes have witnessed your unrelenting madness. I think you're
the dishonest one if you insist that what goes on between you and
Derek isn't personal.

snip

>Now if you really want to start me giggling why don't you claim that
>you're going to telling the State Department on me? HAHAHA

I have no idea what you're referring to. I think if I was going to
contact any agency, it would be the one that sends out the men in the
white coats.

Sep 2, 2000, 4:08:17 PM9/2/00
wrote:

>"Louis J.M" wrote:

It's more than his ego. Just look at the thread that Dog started about
another space game. Rather than just say, "Hey, this game looks
interesting," he used it as an opportunity to disparage Derek.

Sep 2, 2000, 4:13:21 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 16:09:01 GMT, Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
wrote:

It might be if I posted in these threads day after day and week after
week, but I don't. Something catches my eye now and then and I respond
and get pulled in for a few days, but that's it.

There are people who are obviously obsessed with Derek, and can't stop
posting about him even when he's not posting, like that Dog fellow.

Is the boorishness of the detractors even arguable? At this point it's
one of the immutable laws of Usenet.

Allan Parent

Sep 2, 2000, 4:23:12 PM9/2/00
> It's more than his ego. Just look at the thread that Dog started about
> another space game. Rather than just say, "Hey, this game looks
> interesting," he used it as an opportunity to disparage Derek.

I think both sides are guilty of this. Maybe if we just have a beer and
grill some burgers this holiday weekend, Mr. S will just fade away.

Allan

Allan Parent

Sep 2, 2000, 4:27:37 PM9/2/00

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 16:09:01 GMT, Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
> wrote:

> There are people who are obviously obsessed with Derek, and can't stop
> posting about him even when he's not posting, like that Dog fellow.

I think some get obsessed with Derek, but Derek is obsessed with Derek
also which make those obsessed with Derek even more obsessed....it that
makes any sense. I predict a grand rant by Derek any day now just to
stir things up.

Allan

bp

Sep 2, 2000, 5:02:56 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 14:59:03 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>You bash others, but that doesn't mean you don't bash Derek out of

>intense dislike. If you do bash others, I really doubt it's with the
>frequency and vehemence that you pursue Derek. Do you erect websites
>devoted to others?

Ask yourself one simply question Dan err Mark
Do "others" act like Derek?

Duh ! now go play with Dan Brooks you two should get along will good.

bp

Sep 2, 2000, 5:08:18 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 20:23:12 GMT, Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
wrote:

Only if he is in the burgers
>Allan

Matthew Williams

Sep 2, 2000, 5:15:07 PM9/2/00
In article <ovas5.16434$p5.4...@newsread03.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
Louis J.M <Loui...@Earthlink.net> writes

>In article <39B12708...@flash.net> , Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
>wrote:
>

>> I think you are correct. It is Derek's ego that seems to drive the war (
>> not to mention his grating personality). I wish he would just fade away
>> but I really doubt he will....unfortunately.
>>
>> Allan
>
>Smart doesn't want to fade away. Negative attention is a less sour pill to
>swallow than seeing your abortion respectfully ignored, then dealing with
>the occasional jabs.
>
>Mr.Smart hates the fact that a gaming press that previews Panty Raider,
>doesnt even acknowladge he exists - only when he's in partnership with
>someone else, is his name brought up.
>
>And he knows exactly why.
>
>All of this controversy does indeed stem from an ego problem, which in turn
>stems from low self-esteem, which in turn stems from Derek's childhood. If
>Derek really had any redeeming qualities he wouldn't lie to such a degree
>about himself.

ok now for the good bit.

>David Braben, co-author of Elite and the author of Frontier: Elite II, a
>space-sim with a large cult fanbase - me included, took at lot of flak
>when he first made an appearence on that group, and responded to every
>post in a civil and mature manner.
>
>It not only diffused the situation, but the very fact that Mr.Braben had
>shown maturity, restraint, and intelligence dealing with criticism and
>with his newest project (although I wish he wasn't so secretive about it),
>earned him a lot of respect.
>
>A lot of us are looking foward to Elite 4, and I for one, doubt I'll be
>dissapointed.
>
> .-~~-.____ Louis J.M
> / | ' \
>( ) O _
> \_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
> ==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
> / \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------
> / __/~| __/ | "In soft regions are born soft men."
>==(______| (_________| - Herodotus 450 B.C.

WOW Louis a half decent post. ;-)

--
Matthew Williams

Louis J.M

Sep 2, 2000, 5:41:46 PM9/2/00
In article <o+$vWDAb3...@ponsanooth0.demon.co.uk> , Matthew Williams
<Ma...@ponsanooth0.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> WOW Louis a half decent post. ;-)

Bugger off Matt; just for this I'm banning you from #alt.fan.elite. '= O

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _ E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
\_/-, ,----' // WWW : Coming Soon!
==== ___// ----------------------------------------------------
/ \-'~; /~~~(O) "The government of the United States of America is
/ __/~| __/ | not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion"
==(______| (_________| - Treaty with Tripoli, 1797

Sep 2, 2000, 7:19:18 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 20:23:12 GMT, Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
wrote:

I doubt he's going away, but if you don't kick him he's gotten better
at not kicking back. He's hanging out at Planetcrap now, so he may be
satisfying his online jones there.

Sep 2, 2000, 7:22:11 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 20:27:37 GMT, Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
wrote:

>> On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 16:09:01 GMT, Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
>> wrote:

>> There are people who are obviously obsessed with Derek, and can't stop
>> posting about him even when he's not posting, like that Dog fellow.
>>

>I think some get obsessed with Derek, but Derek is obsessed with Derek
>also which make those obsessed with Derek even more obsessed....it that
>makes any sense. I predict a grand rant by Derek any day now just to
>stir things up.

Heh. Derek is obsessed with Derek, as witnessed by his dubious PhD. I
don't think he got a non-accredited PhD to scam anyone, but just to
prop up his self-image.

Louis J.M

Sep 2, 2000, 8:47:56 PM9/2/00
In article <fo23rs4oeqo63obk9...@4ax.com> , Mark Asher
<ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:

Bill's been too hard on you...

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _

\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------

Sep 2, 2000, 9:22:20 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:02:56 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 14:59:03 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
>wrote:
>
>>You bash others, but that doesn't mean you don't bash Derek out of
>>intense dislike. If you do bash others, I really doubt it's with the
>>frequency and vehemence that you pursue Derek. Do you erect websites
>>devoted to others?

>Ask yourself one simply question Dan err Mark
>Do "others" act like Derek?

No. Now ask yourself one "simply question" BM "err" BP: Do others act
like the detractors?

Zing! Gotcha!

>Duh ! now go play with Dan Brooks you two should get along will good.

"Get along will good"? Earth to BP, please replace the batteries in
your Universal Translator. Something's getting garbled.

bp

Sep 2, 2000, 11:30:47 PM9/2/00
On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 20:22:20 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>>Ask yourself one simply question Dan err Mark

>>Do "others" act like Derek?
>
>No. Now ask yourself one "simply question" BM "err" BP: Do others act
>like the detractors?
>
>Zing! Gotcha!

PFFFFFTTTT !
Zing No.
I have to hand it to you Mark, you've done the best Dan Brook
imitation to date!

GOOD Work ! keep it up and you might be the first to get your hands on
Derek's BM.

Allan Parent

Sep 2, 2000, 11:37:48 PM9/2/00

Hmmmm....Planetcrap....Derek Smart......nuff said.

Allan

Allan Parent

Sep 2, 2000, 11:43:19 PM9/2/00

I really don't think he got the fake degree to scam anyone either. I
think he suffers from very low self esteem and got the bogus PhD to
inflate his ego. Unfortunately, his ego does not allow him to drop the
facade and come back to Earth.

Allan

Sep 3, 2000, 8:10:10 AM9/3/00
On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:30:47 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:

snip

>GOOD Work ! keep it up and you might be the first to get your hands on
>Derek's BM.

The first? What, you mean you guys have stopped sniffing at his trail,
handling every bit of spore you come across? Ha ha -- let's not kid
ourselves. When Derek farts, you guys sit up and start taking notes.
He's got you wrapped around his finger. Your world revolves around
him. He gives your existence meaning. <g>

Sep 3, 2000, 8:11:32 AM9/3/00
On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:37:48 GMT, Allan Parent <all...@flash.net>
wrote:

Heh -- well, a lot of developers post there, like George Broussard,
Jason Hall, and so on. Derek's one of the bunch there, which he likes
I'm sure.

bp

Sep 3, 2000, 10:32:00 AM9/3/00
On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 07:10:10 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:30:47 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:

Yeah So ?
What's that got to do with you playing with his BM ?

Allan Parent

Sep 3, 2000, 11:04:34 AM9/3/00

> Heh -- well, a lot of developers post there, like George Broussard,
> Jason Hall, and so on. Derek's one of the bunch there, which he likes
> I'm sure.

Yeah, I noticed them over there. Maybe Derek did take Broussard's advice
and kill the BC3K series. I'm sure he feels real important hanging out
with successful developers. Better there than here. Maybe he will get
some behavior tips from those guys. I think BM will be his swan song for
the PC. I really don't have too much faith in his x-box venture after
his claims for the Dreamcast. However, the proof is in the pudding as
they say.

Allan

Bill Huffman

Sep 3, 2000, 2:53:40 PM9/3/00
> On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 15:56:16 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
> <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

> snip

> >> Mine own eyes have witnessed your unrelenting madness. I think
you're
> >> the dishonest one if you insist that what goes on between you and
> >> Derek isn't personal.
> >
> >Thanks for giving us a foreshadowing of your next lie about me,
> >Dishonest Mark.
> >
> >I would guess that it actually is personal on Mr. S----t's side. It
> >appears that he blames me for his PhD fraud. From my point of view he
> >should only blame himself for deciding to be a fraud and then
continuing
> >his fraud even after the truth was known.
> >
> >From my side the whole thing is a hilarious hobby. Mr. S---t is a
very
> >slippery cookie and it was a real challenge painting him into a
corner
> >with the truth.
>
> One word. Denial.

he-he Mark, what about yout your promise to continue your smear against
what's good and holy? :-)

Bill Huffman

Sep 3, 2000, 3:03:01 PM9/3/00
Allan Parent <all...@flash.net> wrote in message
> Bill Huffman wrote:
> > While I don't disagree that he has a very low self esteem, I think
he
> > wants others to believe that he has a real PhD. He used to claim it
was
> > accredited. When he finally realized that no one believed it was
> > accredited he started telling his lie about unaccredited equates to
> > degree mill and his is unaccredited. So I agree that he does this to
try
> > and prop up his low self esteem but I believe Mark is werong when he
> > tries to claim that he hasn't tried to scam anyone. Mr. S---t scams
in
> > order to prop up his own image.
>
> Yeah, I have to agree with you in that he wants others to believe he
has
> a real PhD. As far as scamming, the only instance that I would call a
> true scam is when he used his "PhD" to add more credence to his game
> when he was pushing it to publishers and distributors. IIRC there is
no
> mention of his "phD" on the Bc3k box but he did add it to his name in
> several emails to reviewers and potential publishers during the early
> days. I think someone posted them here at one time. It is also funny
> that he sometimes drops the "PhD" depending on his audience. Of course
> he then claims he was using a new machine or server that didn't have
an
> amended sig on it or something like that.

At least one of the episodes you're referring to is T. Liam MacDonald's
article in Boot magazine where Liam talked to some real PhD's over in
NASA about D---k's claim to a Neural Net and he pushed his claim to a
PhD to try and counter their conclusion that there was no net in BC3K.
The correspondence between them apparently just indicated that Mr. S---t
didn't know what he was talking about. Mr. S---t threatened Liam in
email with jumping out of the bushes some night at Liam's house. Much of
this whole scene was covered in a thread from the middle of March 1997,
IIRC.

Sep 3, 2000, 3:30:31 PM9/3/00
On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 18:53:40 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

snip

>> One word. Denial.
>
>he-he Mark, what about yout your promise to continue your smear against
>what's good and holy? :-)

Denial, denial, denial. Go ahead and put your "he-he's" in. We all
know that this isn't a hobby for you -- it's an obsession.

Kevin McGuire

Sep 3, 2000, 4:20:51 PM9/3/00
: On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 18:53:40 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
: <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

: snip

I don't know, Mark. With 22 of 64 posts in this thread being yours, are
you sure that you're not the one wearing the Calvin Klein scent?

--
Kevin McGuire
University of Pennsylvania

Louis J.M

Sep 3, 2000, 5:46:20 PM9/3/00
In article <Ffxs5.6957$me2....@typhoon.san.rr.com> , "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

> At least one of the episodes you're referring to is T. Liam MacDonald's
> article in Boot magazine where Liam talked to some real PhD's over in
> NASA about D---k's claim to a Neural Net and he pushed his claim to a
> PhD to try and counter their conclusion that there was no net in BC3K.
> The correspondence between them apparently just indicated that Mr. S---t
> didn't know what he was talking about. Mr. S---t threatened Liam in
> email with jumping out of the bushes some night at Liam's house. Much of
> this whole scene was covered in a thread from the middle of March 1997,
> IIRC.

LOL. This is the Jackpot! Once on a blue moon, someone will do something
to really rattle the unmentionable one's ego in a way that it would be
unmitigatedly ridiculous to threaten legal action and he'll start throwing
out physical threats to get revenge!

The future is ripe for such instances when"project" ABC fails and he
further tries to justify his existence as a game developer.

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _
\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------

/ __/~| __/ | "Whatever you fear the most will eventually come
==(______| (_________| after you." - Robert Anton Wilson

bp

Sep 5, 2000, 5:52:05 AM9/5/00
On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 18:57:01 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 22:15:17 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 14:25:17 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
>>wrote:

>>>On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 18:53:07 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>snip

>>>Heh. Guess who will still be following Derek around and responding to
>>>his every post? Not me, BP. He snaps his fingers, and you guys bark.
>>>
>>>Every time.
>>And you've answered every one of my post, silly boy.
>>
>>BTW Mark where have I followed Derek?
>
>Oh, you have to reply to just about any post you see him make on
>Usenet.
Correction:
In the groups I read not usenet.

> That's what I mean.
Then say what you mean. You're a writer correct ? You should know how
to write.

> It's something out of your control at this
>point, I'd bet. It's an irresistable impulse.
OK if you say so Dr. Mark LOL

>>I find it amazing that a member of the "Press" (so to speak) would
>>just sit by and let a person commit fraud, lie about every project he
>>has ever claimed to be doing and everthing else he does, insult
>>everyone (even you at times) just so that someday they might have to
>>do or get a story on a game from Derek.
>
>The Derek Smart story has already been played in the press. At this
>point, with no new game ready to be reviewed, why would I want to
>write about him?
That's my point jackass. You sitting around here just waiting for him
to scam another group. Just so you can write about his new game.
Sad.

>And why would I need to stay on his good side?
You tell me , you said it not me.

>f I
>want to write about his game, I'll just get a copy of it and write
>about it. You don't really understand how all this works.
Yawn

>>Why don't you do a story on Derek and how he can't be trusted as far
>>as you could throw him ? Oh wait thats not gaming news, I mean why
>>should the gaming public be told ?
>
>Where's the story?
Again my point is made. Thank you.
Please take off you blinders reporter man.

>Why don't I write about such and such a developer
>getting a divorce and allegations from his wife that he slept around,
>or write about another developer and his drug habit, and so on? What
>does any of that have to do with the games that are developed?
Do they advertise it on Usenet ? I doubt it. quite acting dumb to
avoid the reality of Derek's lies, it makes you look sad.

>>You and every other web site reporter that ignores this is in my
>>opinion pathetic and no better than the fraud himself.
>
>Heh. Why do you hate him so much?
I do not like anyone that acts like him. Do you ?
Do you like people that are rude, fruads and liars.. etc etc. ?
You're a sad little man Mark it is very easy to see why people do not
like Derek.

>Why do you allow him to have such
>control over your life?
<Yawn>

Sep 5, 2000, 9:13:00 AM9/5/00
On Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:52:05 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:

snip

>>The Derek Smart story has already been played in the press. At this

>>point, with no new game ready to be reviewed, why would I want to
>>write about him?

>That's my point jackass. You sitting around here just waiting for him
>to scam another group. Just so you can write about his new game.
>Sad.

If there was an interesting story, I'd write about it. Derek's PhD and
his newsgroup manners are not interesting unless you're obsessed with
the man, like you are.

>>And why would I need to stay on his good side?

>You tell me , you said it not me.

The answer is that I don't need to stay on his good side. If writers
needed to do that, you'd never see a game get a poor review.

I know this shoots your little theory all to pieces, but it's true.

>>want to write about his game, I'll just get a copy of it and write
>>about it. You don't really understand how all this works.

>Yawn

Nor are you interested in learning, I see.

>>>Why don't you do a story on Derek and how he can't be trusted as far
>>>as you could throw him ? Oh wait thats not gaming news, I mean why
>>>should the gaming public be told ?
>>
>>Where's the story?

>Again my point is made. Thank you.
>Please take off you blinders reporter man.

So this is the story you want me to write? "Derek Smart, who is
currently developing a game, can't be trusted!"

Uh, yeah, that's a great story.

Maybe the blinders are being worn by someone else? Maybe someone else
is so obsessed that he can't see that a story like this is only of
interest to a handful of people, all certified net loons.

>>Heh. Why do you hate him so much?

>I do not like anyone that acts like him. Do you ?
>Do you like people that are rude, fruads and liars.. etc etc. ?
>You're a sad little man Mark it is very easy to see why people do not
>like Derek.

I'm not asking you why you don't like him, but why you spend so much
time and energy actively hating him. There's a world of difference
there.

>>Why do you allow him to have such
>>control over your life?

><Yawn>

See! He's got you hypnotized and you're falling into a deep sleep now
at his command!

bp

Sep 5, 2000, 4:08:10 PM9/5/00
On Tue, 05 Sep 2000 08:13:00 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:52:05 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:

>snip
>
>>>The Derek Smart story has already been played in the press. At this
>>>point, with no new game ready to be reviewed, why would I want to
>>>write about him?
>
>>That's my point jackass. You sitting around here just waiting for him
>>to scam another group. Just so you can write about his new game.
>>Sad.
>
>If there was an interesting story, I'd write about it. Derek's PhD and
>his newsgroup manners are not interesting unless you're obsessed with
>the man, like you are.
>
>>>And why would I need to stay on his good side?
>
>>You tell me , you said it not me.
>
>The answer is that I don't need to stay on his good side. If writers
>needed to do that, you'd never see a game get a poor review.

Then why did you say it ?
I'm confused

>I know this shoots your little theory all to pieces, but it's true.

Not my theory but your own words. Geezz

>>>want to write about his game, I'll just get a copy of it and write
>>>about it. You don't really understand how all this works.
>
>>Yawn
>
>Nor are you interested in learning, I see.

Yawn Ummm no I'm not interested in learning how to kiss up to a fraud.

>>>Where's the story?
>
>>Again my point is made. Thank you.
>>Please take off you blinders reporter man.
>
>So this is the story you want me to write? "Derek Smart, who is
>currently developing a game, can't be trusted!"

Tell me MArk, Do you really believe he is developing a game or
continuing to scam the gaming public?
I believe the later
here's why. Feel free to tell me why you think otherwise

Did you see TE ? He claimed it was done "Kick Ass" going to be
released with BM. It isn't anything but some hallways. Nothing else !

He claims BM is almost done but we have not seen one single in game
shot out all the screens he has posted, ask yourself why.

He claimed it would be done 3/2000

He claimed a demo would be released

He claims a massive multi player world written by somebody at MIT
(yeah right) Yet a few years ago he was begging for a programmer to do
multi play code for free ! Claimed bc3k was not meant for MP so it
would never be in it ...now all of a sudden he has and updated version
of bc3k he calls bc3020 and it is all MP ready , OK ! if you say so
Derek

He claims to have Teams of employees yet no one has ever admitted to
have worked for him, ask yourself why

He claims they are all over the world. Now Mark how hard do you think
it is for a team spread out like that to work when Derek doesn't even
have a broad band connection? Even if he did many countries don't and
thus his team members wouldn't have one either

But nothing nothng nothing except his new ABC which looks to me to be
his Out. You wait he will drop BCM also No doubt to dedicate his
"Content" team to his XBOX ABC project. And the cycle will start
again. You are a fool to believe he will release any game any time
soon.

And yes fruads are news and should be exposed. I suppose it would be
all neat-o if he screws another publisher who then screws us.
You're a hell of a guy !

>Uh, yeah, that's a great story.

I think so. Thanks !

>Maybe the blinders are being worn by someone else? Maybe someone else
>is so obsessed that he can't see that a story like this is only of
>interest to a handful of people, all certified net loons.

Oh Dr. Mark just who did this certification ? You ?? LOL
And just what makes me a loon ? The fact I don't like lying fraud?
Wow I am NUTS !

HUH ? Hey numskull look up a few lines. You wrote this:

"Heh. Why do you hate him so much? "

Looks to melike that is what you were asking.
Damn, and you're a writer ???

>but why you spend so much
>time and energy actively hating him.

Tell Mark just how much time do I spend doing this ? And what amount
is ok with you ?

BTW it doesn't really take any energy to hate someone.

> There's a world of difference
>there.

Then maybe you should actually ask that, and not something totally
different. LOL

Oh and BTW I do it because I think he is funnier than shit and i love
poking him in the eye when I catch him lying.

Why do you spend so much time and energy hating me and why doesn't
that make you a certified loon ?

>>>Why do you allow him to have such
>>>control over your life?
>
>><Yawn>
>
>See! He's got you hypnotized and you're falling into a deep sleep now
>at his command!

LOL Sorry but unless you are him it was you putting me to sleep. LOL
Talk about a loon

Oh well you're a little boring maybe I'll unwrap you from my little
finger in the next couple of days.

Write back soon loon.

Lemming

Sep 5, 2000, 6:18:27 PM9/5/00
On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 15:56:16 GMT, "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

>The
>secondary purpose of the web site was to learn HTML.

Oh dear. Really? Oh dear.

Regards,

Derek Sorensen
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Kevin McGuire

Sep 5, 2000, 9:49:29 PM9/5/00
: Why, I wouldn't be surprised if your posts to these kinds of threads
: outnumbered me!

I'm not surprised to find that a deja search on "bc3k or derek or
derwood" for comp.sys.ibm.pc.* shows:

ma...@cdmnet.com 141
kevinmcg@* 53

As someone who excoriated derwood a few years back, I would think that
you could understand why he annoys people, and why people would criticise
him for his various lying and other objectionable behaviors.

What I find curious is why you find it so troublesome that other people
are continuing to do something that you yourself did in the past. Is it
just that you've seen the light, and other people are "Fools! Fools, I
tell you!" for not following your example?

Since you continue to post nastily about people on other topics,
I can't imagine that you object to flaming in general.

--
Kevin McGuire, University of Pennsylvania
Spelling tip: I win, you _lose_. You are the _loser_ of the game.

Bill Huffman

Sep 5, 2000, 10:17:40 PM9/5/00
Kevin McGuire <kevi...@mail1.sas.upenn.edu> wrote in message

> : Why, I wouldn't be surprised if your posts to these kinds of threads
> : outnumbered me!
>
> I'm not surprised to find that a deja search on "bc3k or derek or
> derwood" for comp.sys.ibm.pc.* shows:
>
> ma...@cdmnet.com 141
> kevinmcg@* 53
>
> As someone who excoriated derwood a few years back, I would think that
> you could understand why he annoys people, and why people would
criticise
> him for his various lying and other objectionable behaviors.
>
> What I find curious is why you find it so troublesome that other
people
> are continuing to do something that you yourself did in the past. Is
it
> just that you've seen the light, and other people are "Fools! Fools, I
> tell you!" for not following your example?
>
> Since you continue to post nastily about people on other topics,
> I can't imagine that you object to flaming in general.

I'm not sure where Mark is coming from but one thing that's become
obvious is that Mark is NOT interested in any facts. On those few
occasions where his statements have any substance, they have been shown
to be blatantly false. (like you've shown above) He simply ignores the
fact and just continues on making the same general statements that he
was before. i.e., we're in denial, we're loons, we're obsessed, Mr.
S---- has us wrapped around his middle finger ...

Walter Mitty

Sep 6, 2000, 4:55:30 AM9/6/00

"Bill Huffman" <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote in message
news:Ud1s5.3417> > S---t out of hatred. >>This is after giving me an hour
and 23 minutes to
> > respond! You didn't see the answer you weren't expecting so you

Oh dear me Bill. Are you losing it? Surely you said "1.5 hours" a couple of
posts back. Now it's 1 hour & 23 minutes. Are you starting to generalise.
Surely not? Can we believe anything you say "inaccurate Bill"? etc etc etc
..... yawn.

Walter Mitty

Sep 6, 2000, 5:31:05 AM9/6/00

> Hey wait a minute. I don't think you have any room to talk. You
> criticize others for not having a life and going over the edge yet you
> continue to post junk here that is no better. Isn't this a double
> standard?

Amazing : same old stuff. If you "hang in" and even try to justify your
positioning, then you're filed with the detractors. It's not the same thing
at all Alan. Oh no.

Bill Huffman

Sep 6, 2000, 10:25:00 AM9/6/00

Walter Mitty <nos...@spammers.com> wrote in message

Walter, if I didn't say "about" 1.5 hours then I thank you for the
correction.

Walter Mitty

Sep 6, 2000, 11:24:05 AM9/6/00

> Walter, if I didn't say "about" 1.5 hours then I thank you for the
> correction.

quote : "He asks for information doesn't get it in 1.5 hours and Dishonest
Mark falsely ..."

But you did use "about" a few lines above. I forgive you.

Sep 6, 2000, 12:53:18 PM9/6/00

You can forgive him, but I think it's still fair to refer to him as
Erroneous Bill from now on, don't you think? I think it's an
appellation richly earned.

bp

Sep 6, 2000, 2:55:07 PM9/6/00
On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 08:54:46 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>On 6 Sep 2000 01:49:29 GMT, kevi...@mail1.sas.upenn.edu (Kevin
>McGuire) wrote:

rson around and responding to everything he or she posts. It's like
>eep -- the guy's as dense as a bowling ball, and I said as much, but
>now I just ignore him. He's not killfiled, but there's not much left
>to say.
Here fishy fishy !

Allan Parent

Sep 6, 2000, 6:17:43 PM9/6/00

Care to elaborate?

Allan

Allan Parent

Sep 6, 2000, 6:22:58 PM9/6/00
> They're obsessed. If Derek posts *anything* they respond, and this has
> been going on for years. Thier world revolves around him.

Derek is the biggest troll in the world. His ego feeds off the
attention. This quote from Derek on 7/7/00 says it all: "If I'm
important enough to be
laughed at, then I must be important. Period."

Allan

Bill Huffman

Sep 6, 2000, 9:14:04 PM9/6/00

Let's talk about how reasonable it is to expect a response to a post on
Usenet in less than 1.5 hours. I would say that it's very uncommon and
on the ridiculous side to expect it.

Using this same ridiculous Mark logic I've proven that Mark's father
wears woman's high hells and nylons. Let's go for the whole thing?

Mark, your father wears lady outfits on weekends and at least once
during the weekdays. If you don't respond within 1 hour 23 minutes in
the negative and proof that you post to alt.stop.fathers.cross-dressing
then it will be considered proven!

Louis J.M

Sep 6, 2000, 10:21:03 PM9/6/00
In article <wZBt5.8278$me2....@typhoon.san.rr.com> , "Bill Huffman"
<bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote:

> Let's talk about how reasonable it is to expect a response to a post on
> Usenet in less than 1.5 hours. I would say that it's very uncommon and
> on the ridiculous side to expect it.
>
> Using this same ridiculous Mark logic I've proven that Mark's father
> wears woman's high hells and nylons. Let's go for the whole thing?
>
> Mark, your father wears lady outfits on weekends and at least once
> during the weekdays. If you don't respond within 1 hour 23 minutes in
> the negative and proof that you post to alt.stop.fathers.cross-dressing
> then it will be considered proven!

This newsgroup needs an IRC channel. Bad. ;-)

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _
\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------

/ __/~| __/ | "A sense of decency is often a decent man's undoing."
==(______| (_________| - Unknown

Bill Huffman

Sep 7, 2000, 2:20:42 AM9/7/00
Bill Huffman <bhuf...@REMOVE-THISsan.rr.com> wrote in message

It has been hours and still no response. Boy using this silly Mark logic
I bet I can prove ANYTHING! Oh boy, okay Mark how about this one?

Mark, you hate Buffalos because you're jealous that they're the only
creature alive with a thicker skull than yours. You must respond within
one hour and 24 minutes. (I'm going to be extra generous this time
because Mark is probably asleep. So, it's safe to give him an extra
minute of sleep and this will double prove that it's true! Oh what the
heck make it one hour 27 minutes. I know everyone's going to criticize
me for being too soft but I think it will still be proven.) You must
respond in the negative and provide proof that you post to
alt.wish.my-skull.was.thinner otherwise it will be proven that it's true
(at least when using stupid Mark logic).

Sep 7, 2000, 9:27:38 AM9/7/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 02:26:45 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 11:53:18 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:

snip

>>You can forgive him, but I think it's still fair to refer to him as
>>Erroneous Bill from now on, don't you think? I think it's an
>>appellation richly earned.
>

>Should we call you 'Sellout Mark', since you signed away your
>right to challenge Fraud-Boy when you became a 'reporter'?

I'm sensing a pattern developing here. It seems that Doggy, for lack
of any real argument to put forward, is going to continue to accuse me
of "selling out" because I don't pen anti-Derek Smart articles.

Doggy, if an editor asks me to write about Derek, I will. I don't
think there's sufficient interest in his doings otherwise. I did write
the following about Derek in my CNET column back on August 10th:

"Derek Smart, the developer behind Battlecruiser 3000, has licensed
the Serious Sam engine from Crotean. (If you haven't checked out the
technology demo for this shooter, it's worth the 61 meg download.)
Derek is going to use it for something he's calling "project ABC."
Depending on how you feel about Derek, he's either well known or
notorious. My guess is that project ABC is a children's game. I know
that seems weird, but Derek mentioned on a public message board that
he wanted to do a children's game. Given his legendary PR skills, I
can't wait to see how Derek deals with 8 year olds emailing him with
reports of bugs. "You can take your Teddy Bear doll and...."

Frankly, Doggy, that's it until he does anything new that's worthy of
mention.

Now I'll let you and Huff and the rest go back to looking for and
archiving every utterance Derek makes while you spend hours each day
not being obsessed. :)

Sep 7, 2000, 8:36:01 PM9/7/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:37:55 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

snip

>>Doggy, I just don't understand you. Now you want me to try to preview
>>Project ABC? I thought you didn't want to see Derek get his products
>>covered.
>>

>Whoa! When did I ever say that? I ABSOLUTELY want him
>and his products covered. I would like to see an article with
>FACTS about Fraud-Boy and his game. I would like to see
>the article include things such as Tactical Engagement (TE)
>which, according to him, was in development for over a year.
>He inundated several newsgroups with screenshots of people
>walking around the Battlecruiser's 3D bridge in 3rd person,
>with weapons etc.. For a while we got a deluge of screenshot
>links every day or so.

First, you're an ass for taking my message which was deliberately
meant for this newsgroup and crossposting it to Strategic. I trimmed
it again. Why don't you show a little consideration and keep this
thread here in space-sim instead of persisting in crossposting? This
is as least the second time you've gone out of your way to crosspost
this to Strategic.

Second, concentrate really hard and try to understand what I'm going
to write. Ready? Derek's many projects that have not come to fruition
are not newsworthy. Ok? Got that? The reason why no one wants to write
about those is because outside of a handful of obsessed detractors,
Derek, and a few BC3K fans, nobody cares.

>Guess what? TE will _never_ be released.

Guess what? No one cares.

>He just said, about a month ago , that he thought for
>'an entire weekend', and decided to announce his next
>vaporware product 'ABC' and dump all development of TE.
>DOH! Did it ever exist at ALL? Were those screenshots
>just done with 3D Modeling software, and not a game
>engine? I think they were, but why don't you interview
>him and find out? Ask him some REAL questions.

No one cares. Except you and a few others frothing at the mouth.

>Is that news? I would think so.

You'd be wrong.

>_Any_ other well-known developer who spewed screenshots
>and hype like Fraud-Boy, for over a year, and then reneged
>on shipping the product, with no explanation whatsoever
>would have been ASKED WHY by sharp gaming reporters.

Did he accept pre-orders and bill credit cards for something that was
never delivered? Did he accept a publisher's advance and spend it and
not deliver anything? If he did that, there might be some news there.
If not, there is nothing newsworthy here.

>Why didn't you ask him about that, Mark?

I didn't interview him for one thing. For another, it's not
newsworthy.

Listen to me Doggy. Games get cancelled all the time. Sometimes
there's a brief story, and sometimes there's no story. Had the
cancellation of the TE actually become a story, it would have been a
simple, "Derek Smart announced today that the TE project has been
cancelled...etc." That would have been it.

I don't know why seeing a story like that would make you happy, but
that's what you would get.

>How about his port of BC to the Dreamcast, Mark? He hyped
>that for a while and it sorta faded away when the X-Box
>appeared on the scene. Now he is 'developing' an X-Box
>product.
>
>He says.

When he delivers a game, it will get coverage. Until then, there's
little interest outside of that small pocket of insanity known as the
detractors.

>Has it occurred to you that he has had MANY vaporware
>products over the last few years? I can't name them all,
>but they are on Huffman's site with Fraud-Boy's hype and
>announcements. NONE of them ever came to be, Mark.
>
>ZIP...NADA .. NONE.
>
>Is that news?

No. Games that are released are news. Games that are never finished
aren't, with the exception of a few high profile titles.

>While you're at it, how about asking him the status of his
>outstanding lawsuits against dozens of newsgroup users?
>Would it be news if ANY other well-known developer had
>dozens of outstanding lawsuits and criminal charges pending
>against gaming fans? It damned sure would, Mark.
>Why are you letting him off the hook?

If any of these actually go before a judge, it will be news. Until
then, they're idle threats, if they even exist.

If you have evidence of an actual lawsuit, let me know. I don't want
Usenet threats or even email threats. I want to see evidence that a
lawsuit has been filed. If there are some of these, it could be a
story.

Show me some hard facts.

>Have you sold out, or are you just scared of Derek Smart?

Look, you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes
to what is newsworthy and what isn't. Why don't you and Huff start
your own gaming website dedicated to the man your lives revolve
around, and then you can write all the stories you want. ]

And if you want to reply to this Doggy, try to show some manners and
not crosspost it.

Sep 8, 2000, 12:36:29 AM9/8/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:42:17 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

snip

>Wow..
>
>Mark, you have sold out. If you think you haven't, then you are
>in denial. All in my opinion of course.

Oh yeah. I sold out to Derek. He's going to really make my career take
off. I mean, who better to sell out to! I could have sold out to EA.
They sell about one billion dollars worth of games a year now. Or
Microsoft. Or Havas. But why should I settle for the small time when I
can sell out to Derek Smart? :)

Since you know better, I suggest you contact the editors at the
various gaming sites and magazines and just lay out your evidence
about Derek Smart and his games. They'll snap it up. There's probably
a Pulitizer to be had.

MISTER EDITOR, THERE'S THIS GUY DEREK WHO'S MEAN. HE WAS DEVELOPING A
GAME AND NOW HE'S NOT GOING TO FINISH IT. HE LIED!!!! I THINK YOU
SHOULD WRITE A STORY ABOUT THIS MEAN MAN. IT MAKES ME SO MAD THAT HE
SAID HE WOULD MAKE THIS GAME THAT I DON'T EVEN WANT TO PLAY, AND THEN
HE SAID HE WON'T MAKE IT.

bp

Sep 8, 2000, 5:42:12 AM9/8/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:36:29 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:42:17 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

A real reporter knows there is a story here and it's not about a Mean
man. sheez you're lame.

Louis J.M

Sep 8, 2000, 8:43:35 AM9/8/00
In article <copgrscilh53h83gg...@4ax.com> , Mark Asher
<ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:

Who gives a crap about his game. His game is a sideshow to the main
comedy act: his alleged Ph.D and his personality.

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _
\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------

/ __/~| __/ | "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, it makes
==(______| (_________| them soggy and hard to light." - Robert Anton Wilson

Derek Smart

Sep 8, 2000, 11:27:19 AM9/8/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 08:27:38 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>"Derek Smart, the developer behind Battlecruiser 3000, has licensed
>the Serious Sam engine from Crotean. (If you haven't checked out the
>technology demo for this shooter, it's worth the 61 meg download.)
>Derek is going to use it for something he's calling "project ABC."
>Depending on how you feel about Derek, he's either well known or
>notorious. My guess is that project ABC is a children's game. I know
>that seems weird, but Derek mentioned on a public message board that
>he wanted to do a children's game. Given his legendary PR skills, I
>can't wait to see how Derek deals with 8 year olds emailing him with
>reports of bugs. "You can take your Teddy Bear doll and...."

LOL!!!

Anyway, its *not* a children's game (I think you already know that). I
said that I was doing a game that my child and children everywhere,
could play....when they're old enough <g>

Derek Smart Ph.D.
Designer/Lead Developer
The Battlecruiser Series
www.3000ad.com ICQ: 158435

"Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a
living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct,
then go ahead ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.
- Warren Marshall"

Derek Smart

Sep 8, 2000, 11:29:44 AM9/8/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 11:41:34 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:28:49 -0500, ryu-dog <mar...@sie.net> wrote:

>>On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 08:27:38 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com> wrote:
>snip
>

>>Fraud-Boy has said, on Planet Crap, that 'ABC' stands for
>>'Anything But Battlecruiser'.
>
>If he really said that, it should probably be phrased as, "Anything
>but BattleCruiser." That corresponds better to the ABC acronym.

Don't listen to him Mark, thats rubbish (now there's a heart-attack
inducing shocker).

My press release (which am sure you read), clearly states that BCM/GCO
would be my last Battlecruiser titles. And the Project ABC, stands for
After BattleCruiser. Its clearly written in the release. Which part
did you miss?

>See how it works, Doggy? It's as simple as ABC.

heh, that was too easy methinks

Derek Smart

Sep 8, 2000, 11:42:24 AM9/8/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 19:36:01 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
wrote:

>Second, concentrate really hard and try to understand what I'm going

>to write. Ready? Derek's many projects that have not come to fruition
>are not newsworthy. Ok? Got that? The reason why no one wants to write
>about those is because outside of a handful of obsessed detractors,
>Derek, and a few BC3K fans, nobody cares.

I have only ever canned *one* project. BC:3020AD was never in
development and GCO (the massively-multiplayer version of BCM),
replaced it.

The BCTE module was canned for the reasons stated in my press release.
Further, I went ahead and added first person mode into BCM. The only
'feature' missing, with the cancellation of that *add-on*, is the
ability to walk around inside your ship. For one thing, it was only
planned for the Battlecruiser (your primary ship). Since BCM allows
you to fly any of the 9 carriers, 10 cruisers and 8 transports (all
capital ship class), people would come to expect that BCTE would
support all of them. It never was designed to do that. I started on
BCTE long before I put in the ability to control any capital craft, in
BCM. And by the time I had canned BCTE, BCM already had full support
for first person mode- allowing you to move/fly around on planets, in
first person, with a variety of weaponry, tasks and ability to
drive/fly any asset in the game (including fighters, vehicles etc).
So, hardly anything was lost, except the engine licensing fees, money
that went into the resources for building the *internal* ship
structure. Apart from that, all the weaponry, items, characters,
character animations, soundfx etc, are all used when the player
switches to first person in BCM.

Just thought I should clear that up. I dunno who you are arguing with,
but it seems as if the waters are deliberatly being mudied in order to
support some farfetched notion. Gee, thats odd.

In case someone missed the press release, it is here:

www.3000ad.com/press/pr080700.html

The inteviews regarding same, are all linked here:

www.3000ad.com/reviews/index.shtml

Sep 8, 2000, 12:08:53 PM9/8/00
On Fri, 08 Sep 2000 09:42:12 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:36:29 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
>wrote:

snip

>A real reporter knows there is a story here and it's not about a Mean
>man. sheez you're lame.

So what is the story? His PhD isn't interesting enough to write about.
His personality isn't a story either. So where's the story?

Don't you guys get it? Most people killfile BC3K and the Derek Smart
threads. They are tired of reading about all these things that
fascinate the detrators. That's why there is no story here. There is
nothing of general interest to gamers, and in fact they find the whole
thing annoying. People actively avoid it. A story about Derek is the
last thing most readers want to see. Can't you guys understand that?

The only thing Doggy has mentioned so far that might make for an
interesting story would be these lawsuits he mentioned. However, if
they are just threats, there's no story. That stuff happens every day.
If Derek indeed has filed suit against several gamers, I could see a
story here. Has he? I asked Doggy to point me to some evidence, and
all he could come back with is his usual, "Gee you've sold out"
silliness.

So again, where's the story?

Sep 8, 2000, 12:10:21 PM9/8/00
On Fri, 08 Sep 2000 11:27:19 -0400, Derek Smart <dsm...@pobox.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 08:27:38 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
>wrote:
>

>>"Derek Smart, the developer behind Battlecruiser 3000, has licensed
>>the Serious Sam engine from Crotean. (If you haven't checked out the
>>technology demo for this shooter, it's worth the 61 meg download.)
>>Derek is going to use it for something he's calling "project ABC."
>>Depending on how you feel about Derek, he's either well known or
>>notorious. My guess is that project ABC is a children's game. I know
>>that seems weird, but Derek mentioned on a public message board that
>>he wanted to do a children's game. Given his legendary PR skills, I
>>can't wait to see how Derek deals with 8 year olds emailing him with
>>reports of bugs. "You can take your Teddy Bear doll and...."
>
>LOL!!!
>
>Anyway, its *not* a children's game (I think you already know that). I
>said that I was doing a game that my child and children everywhere,
>could play....when they're old enough <g>

Yeah, well, see it was just a guess on my part, which was obvious from
when I wrote "My guess." Unfortunately Doggy seized upon it as
something that I should update, of all things.

Sep 8, 2000, 12:16:55 PM9/8/00
On Fri, 08 Sep 2000 11:42:24 -0400, Derek Smart <dsm...@pobox.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 19:36:01 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>

Doggy, if there was to a be story about the cancellation of the TE, it
would contain the information Derek listed above. Why do you want to
see a story like that? Stuff like that is only of interest to the real
hardcore fans who follow games in development closely. When Good and
Evil was cancelled as a result of Cavedog closing, did you want to
read a detailed report about where that game was too? How about the
abandoned Dungeon Keeper 3? What do you want?

If you want to read satirical swipes at Derek, read Old Man Murray. I
took a poke at him in my column with the excerpt I copied to this
thread, but I don't think anyone wants to read a profile of him right
now. If his game is done, then you might see some short biographical
pieces on him to accompany stories about his game -- I could see that,
but otherwise the interest level isn't high enough right now. Think of
all the other developers out there. You just don't see a lot of
biographical pieces about them either.

In other words, if you'd stop being an obsessed net loon long enough
to see clearly, you'd understand that there is no story of general
interest here.

nobr...@unleesrjed.clampet

Sep 8, 2000, 12:46:23 PM9/8/00
On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 14:32:00 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 07:10:10 -0500, Mark Asher <ma...@cdmnet.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:30:47 GMT, bp <6b...@home.com> wrote:
>>
>>snip
>>
>>>GOOD Work ! keep it up and you might be the first to get your hands on
>>>Derek's BM.
>>
>>The first? What, you mean you guys have stopped sniffing at his trail,
>>handling every bit of spore you come across? Ha ha -- let's not kid
>>ourselves. When Derek farts, you guys sit up and start taking notes.
>>He's got you wrapped around his finger. Your world revolves around
>>him. He gives your existence meaning. <g>
>
>Yeah So ?
>What's that got to do with you playing with his BM ?

I always suspected some of you guys always desired to play with, ala
his last game you ever desired ad , his BM ( Big Meat ) . : P
Hey all detractors and Prozac profusely fixated lost souls, any
takers here ?

Love, Joe

Ron

Sep 8, 2000, 1:10:15 PM9/8/00

> Whoa! When did I ever say that? I ABSOLUTELY want him
> and his products covered. I would like to see an article with
> FACTS about Fraud-Boy and his game. I would like to see
> the article include things such as Tactical Engagement (TE)
> which, according to him, was in development for over a year.
> He inundated several newsgroups with screenshots of people
> walking around the Battlecruiser's 3D bridge in 3rd person,
> with weapons etc.. For a while we got a deluge of screenshot
> links every day or so.
>

> Guess what? TE will _never_ be released.
>

> He just said, about a month ago , that he thought for
> 'an entire weekend', and decided to announce his next
> vaporware product 'ABC' and dump all development of TE.
> DOH! Did it ever exist at ALL? Were those screenshots
> just done with 3D Modeling software, and not a game
> engine?

Derek released the work in progress (TE) for free download or
did you miss that? It obviously existed.

Here's the link:

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000211.html

Louis J.M

Sep 8, 2000, 4:26:24 PM9/8/00
In article <na5irsgao6r8daqhp...@4ax.com> , "J...@bsfilter.com"
<nobr...@unleesrjed.Clampet> wrote:

> I always suspected some of you guys always desired to play with, ala
> his last game you ever desired ad , his BM ( Big Meat ) . : P
> Hey all detractors and Prozac profusely fixated lost souls, any
> takers here ?
>
> Love, Joe

Man, you and Babytom would really hit it off.

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _
\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Loui...@Earthlink.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!

/ __/~| __/ | "Whatever you fear the most will eventually come
==(______| (_________| after you." - Robert Anton Wilson

It is loading more messages.