W&W character creation advice

simon.appleton1

Jun 7, 2001, 2:28:37 PM6/7/01
Just got Wizards and Warriors and am feeling a little overwhelmed by the
choices on character creation. Can anyone give me some tips? I've read
some faqs which help but not as much as I'd like. I know from AD&D,
Fallout etc that character creation can be very important - for some
other games, eg MM6, it matters less. I've played WizGold a little but
never really mastered character creation.

My questions are:

1. what is a "reasonable" level of attributes to accept? I seem to
average less than 10. I know in BG, you'd aim for a total of around 85+:
any similar rules of thumb here?

2. how should you allocate bonus points? I have looked at the
requirements for the elite classes I would like to progress to (samurai
etc) and tried to allocate points so that I am within a point or two of
those. But I wonder if instead I should "min-max" like in AD&D, so that
wizards get their int boosted etc.

3. I am planning:
Human Warrior => barbarian
Elf warrior => samurai
Ratling rogue => ninja
Felpurr Priest => paladin
Elf priest => monk
Omphaaz wizard => warlock (reluctantly, as they look silly!)
Any comments? I am assuming you don't want to switch fighters to mages
etc but in AD&D and WizGold that would probably be untrue.

Thanks for any help,

Simon

Mindless Jargon

Jun 7, 2001, 4:34:27 PM6/7/01

When I created my characters, I did it by the seat of my pants. I learned that
I had made mistakes, so I ditched three characters at third level and made new
ones. I made many mistakes allocating points and other attributes. In the end,
I kicked major butt at the finale and finished the game with flying colors.

I have no advice for you. You know the progression that you want to send your
characters on. You have a good array of character/role types. That's good. You
will do fine. The game is actually very forgiving, and allows for a learning
curve.

Doug

disconnected

Jun 7, 2001, 5:06:55 PM6/7/01
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, simon.appleton1 commented:

> 3. I am planning:
> Human Warrior => barbarian
> Elf warrior => samurai
> Ratling rogue => ninja
> Felpurr Priest => paladin
> Elf priest => monk
> Omphaaz wizard => warlock

You will have the opportunity to convert three of those to "special"
classes- Assassin, Valkyrie(must be female), and Zen Master. So it's a
good idea plan for those, too.

.

Ziroc

Jun 8, 2001, 1:32:10 AM6/8/01
Check out the W&W forums at:
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&for
um=Wizards+|AMP|+Warriors+Forum&number=4

Over 20,000 archived posts!!!! And more! Lot's of tips, tricks and strategy
there.

--
Dan Huling
The Great Escape Studios

The Ironworks CRPG Gaming Magazine
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/

k a

Jun 9, 2001, 1:07:21 AM6/9/01
I agree, you can pick just about any type of character and you'll do fine.
You can change the professions of your characters throughout the game, which
adds to the flexibility.

Simon Appleton

Jun 11, 2001, 7:20:37 AM6/11/01
Thanks Dan - the site is great and the forums in particular have a wealth of
useful information. Shows the depth of the game - and also a testament to its
quality that it can motivate good people like yourself to devote so much time
and effort to it,
Simon