New Patch for Might & Magic IX

Bones

Jun 15, 2003, 1:20:28 AM6/15/03
The Erathian Liberation Party (or TELP for short) has just released
the first comprehensive patch for the English version of MM9 since the
official 1.2 update. This is not an official patch, but several
members of the game's original development team contributed their
advice and insights to the project.

The patch corrects over 80 significant bugs (as well as many minor
ones) and was designed to be compatible with existing savegames. TELP
hopes the promise of a friendlier, more polished game will renew the
interest of fans who never finished playing MM9. The future of the
franchise is currently bleak, but it will be nonexistent without a
viable fanbase.

For more information visit http://telp.org/mm9.

joe~V~3838

Jun 15, 2003, 10:25:16 AM6/15/03
Hey Bones, thanks for the info...
I was just looking at this game for 10 at eb and almost bought
it, but went and read some reviews on it and many sites hated it...
I might give it a shot with the new patch though........

joe

Thrasher

Jun 18, 2003, 1:54:33 PM6/18/03
On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:25:16 -0400, "joe~V~3838" <jm...@gbronline.com>
wrote:

>Hey Bones, thanks for the info...
>I was just looking at this game for 10 at eb and almost bought
>it, but went and read some reviews on it and many sites hated it...
>I might give it a shot with the new patch though........

It's a pretty good game... not as good as MM6 or MM8, but a lot better
than many other games that have gotten considerably better press...
such as NWN and Morrowind. I think the main reason people complained
about it is that it's really pretty much the same game engine that MM6
shipped with 5 years ago. There's something kinda special about the
Might & Magic games - hard to put my finger on it, but there's some
kind of gameplay experience unique to the series.

I just wish somebody would bring back the Magic Candle series. Might 7
Magic and the Magic Candle were two of my favorite RPG franchiese back
in the late 80s, early 90s.