BG "Easy" Level?

1 view

JuntMonkey

Dec 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/4/00
Is it acceptable for me to play Baldur's Gate on the "easy" level? I'm up to
chapter 2...and I'm really not enjoying it too much. My damn main character is
dual-class, and he's only like 1/4 of the way to level 2 in each. I've heard
you should have everyone at level 3 to go into the mines. So should I just
take the easy way out? I really don't care that it won't be the "true AD&D
rules" and all that. I beat games like Unreal on the easiest level and
consider them done with. Will it really be that much easier anyway? And will
I like PS:T even though I don't really like BG at all? Basically what I don't
like is the combat - I've been weaned on choosing the "Fight" option four times
every 15 seconds, not this complicated strategy nonsense. I also don't like
how arcane it is - why the ridiculously time-consuming looting of bodies and
such, for example? Oh, and the story is not at all interesting - but that
seems to be a common complaint.

JuntMonkey

Herbie Jurvanen

Dec 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/4/00
In <20001204041059...@ng-co1.aol.com>, JuntMonkey wrote:
>Is it acceptable for me to play Baldur's Gate on the "easy" level?

Of course it is acceptable. The game is there to please you, not the other
way around.

>And will I like PS:T even though I don't really like BG at all?

Based on your preferences, I think so. I quickly tired of BG but PS:T
enthralled me to the end. I prefer to talk my way out of fights (I was a
weakling as a lad) and PS:T allows you to do that in many circumstances.
Even better, PS:T subverts several AD&D conventions in refreshing ways. For
example, there is no armor, and your character can change classes many times
during the game. However, the tedious inventory management remains.

I won't go into the other great things about PS:T, because they have already
been discussed.

Herbie J.
Famous Curator