How many games do you have, any system?!

freestone

Jan 19, 2006, 9:05:06 AM1/19/06
hi all...

about three or five years ago, I asked this question, time to ask it
again.......

How many games do you have stored away, played or unplayed, for any and
all gaming systems, in your collection?!

when i asked this question last time, the "winner" was someone who had
over 2000 games!
Many people had 500 to 1000 games. Someone was considering buying a
new house, his currant home was too too filled with games to live in!
One person had an old DOS computer for his old DOS games, an old
windows computer for his old win95 games, a directx 7 machine for those
games, and a currant state-of-the-art computer, *plus* about five
console systems dating back to practicly "pong"!

Me?
I have two computers and six consoles. I hesitate to even *look* in
my closet, probably about 150 games there. Then there is that
bookshelf that has another50 or so. then there are the piles of
x-box/ps2 games on the floor, about 50 there. Lets not count the
www.the-underdog.org downloads, on cds!!

I, being 64 will die of old age before i finish them all....

many, bought at bargin bin sales, i would never ever see again if i
waited, except for $70
on E-bay! Least that is my "rationale"!

my "currant" game[s] are
Tsgaumi for ps2 and beginning Gothic II/raven for pc.

so who here has the most games?!

freestone

littlemute

Jan 19, 2006, 9:19:14 AM1/19/06
SNES: 3
Saturn: 6
PSOne: 8-10
Dreamcast: 20
PS2: 18
PC: prolly about 50
Neo Geo 2-Slot Arcade Machine: 9
Neo Pocket: 5
GBA: 10

This isn't counting ROMs for stuff, as I don't officially have any.

I usually sell off most of the dreck from the consoles for a couple
bucks, the one I wish I hadn't sold was Guardian Heroes for the Saturn.
Just a great game that won't ever be rereleased in it's pristine form.
I have pretty bad PC game software greed but the best thing to do
about that is give your friends games you're done with and then never
ask for them back. I found SirTech's Legends of Arcania game the other
day in a box...

"Currant" (isn't this a fruit?) games are Urban Reign and, of course,
Gothic 2.

Knight37

Jan 19, 2006, 10:11:15 AM1/19/06
Man, too many, that's for sure. I will try and give rough
guestimates...

(NES and earlier consoles I have sold)
SNES - 25
GEN - 25
SEGA-CD - 10
SAT - 15
N64 - 15
PS1 - 60
Dreamcast - 45
PS2 - 50
Xbox - 40
GCN - 20

PC - over 600 on CD/DVD. maybe 150 more on floppy but most of those
probably don't work anymore. I'm only counting commercial release
games, not those multi-game CDs that have tons of shareware-grade games
on one disc.

Wolfing

Jan 19, 2006, 11:37:38 AM1/19/06
Well I've thrown away LOTS of games (old DOS most of them)
Right now I have about:
PC: 15 (about 8 of them MMORPGs)
Xbox: 6

Ken Rice

Jan 19, 2006, 1:18:26 PM1/19/06
In article <1137679081.8...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
frees...@yahoo.com says...

>hi all...

>about three or five years ago, I asked this question, time to ask it
>again.......

>How many games do you have stored away, played or unplayed, for any and
>all gaming systems, in your collection?!

>clip

PC 800
Nintendo 37
Gameboy 16

This count is not a whole lot different that the last time the question was
asked. I bought no games in 2005, and only 7 in 2004.

Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.

James_

Jan 19, 2006, 3:07:58 PM1/19/06
Way too many.

400-600 PC
3 xbox360
10 Nintendo
20-50 C64 (Bard's Tale, my first rpg game ever, and first game for c64)

In an effort to cut back on buying so many games, of which a very large portion were a waste of
money. I bought a xbox360 for new SP games, and I plan on using the PC for mmo games only from this
point on. I recently signed up for gamefly.com, so in the future, I won't be buying many games,
hopefully :-).

Dan Lingman

Jan 19, 2006, 3:40:25 PM1/19/06
Vastly too many. I've got two rooms devotes to games and computer gear,
and they still spill over. Please note that this is purely legal items -
no rom collections etc.

dedicated consoles (pong type etc): 6
microvision: 6
handhelds and tabletops: ~40
dedicated tv games: 4
arcade games: 2
2600: ~400
5200: ~20
7800: ~10
jaguar: ~25
turbo graphics: ~50
CD-I: 8
3D0: ~30
colecovision: ~100
intelevision: ~50
vectrex: ~25
sega master system : ~25
sega genesis/32x/sega cd: ~150
sega saturn: ~60
sega dreamcast: ~20
nes: ~100
snes: ~50
n64: ~50
game cube: 12
gameboy varients: ~100
virtual boy: 12
ps1: 8
psp: 28
Commodore PET: 2
vic-20: ~15
C-64: ~20
PC: ~900

Total: somwhere around 2,400
(bought 3 more today - act of war dvd-rom for PC, NBA 06 for PSP, and the
Con for PSP - $9.99 Canadian each)

I've had garage sales, and on line auctions (newsgroup based) where I've
probably sold off another 1,500 items, so if I hadn't, I'd be up to my
neck right now.

Dan.

Highlandish

Jan 19, 2006, 4:26:30 PM1/19/06
Quoth The Raven; freestone <frees...@yahoo.com> in
<1137679081.8...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>

in excess of 300 since 1995
I don't throw/sell/give games away when I'm done. I even kept Daikatana!

--
Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

The average person has one testicle and one ovary.

Highlandish

Jan 19, 2006, 4:30:10 PM1/19/06
Quoth The Raven; Dan Lingman <dlin...@rogers.com.nospamplease> in
<Xns97509F66C1F5d...@216.196.97.131>

shit! I was concerned that I needed another small bookshelf for my 300 pc
games, but you sir take the cake. you need a commercial bin to clean yours
up.

--
Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

The attention span of a computer is only as long as its electrical cord.

Knight37

Jan 19, 2006, 5:01:06 PM1/19/06

Dan Lingman wrote:
> psp: 28

Wow, I didn't even know they had 28 games out for the PSP yet.

I forgot my portables.

GameGear - 4
GameBoy Variants - 20
Nintendo DS - 7

I don't have a PSP yet. Emphasis on yet.

Knight37

Dan Lingman

Jan 19, 2006, 6:13:08 PM1/19/06
"Knight37" <knig...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1137706797.716678.247250
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Crap - add on another 50 or so - I forgot my game gear, neo geo pocket and
lynx collections as well.

Sigh.

Dan.

weretable and the undead chairs

Jan 19, 2006, 7:04:19 PM1/19/06
Super Nintendo - 45 games
Sega Genesis/SegaCD - 29 games
Sega Saturn - 32 games
Playstation - 56 games
PS2 - 18 games
X-Box - 3 games
Gameboy Advance - 28 games (counting a few old Gameboy games)
Nintendo 64 - 8 games
Gamecube - 7 games
Nintendo DS - 3 games
PC - will not count them. guessing 200 games.
Dreamcast - 12 (my dreamcast caught on fire for no apparent reason.
so i can not play them)

I sold my NES, most of my old Gameboy games, Sega Master System and
games, Neo Geo and games, and some other stuff. Part of it not too
long ago.

I need to get rid of more of them. I doubt I will ever play Duke
Nukem 3D again or anything on my Sega Genesis, for a couple of
examples. Too easy to emulate the Genesis rather than dig it out and
hook up the game system. Nothing for the CD I would miss these days.

Quite a few newer game titles I would like to pick up, many would be
19.99 now, but I am not doing so until I have more free time (and more
money to burn).

Frandsen

Jan 23, 2006, 6:34:48 AM1/23/06
"freestone" <frees...@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> Me?
> I have two computers and six consoles. I hesitate to even *look* in
> my closet, probably about 150 games there. Then there is that
> bookshelf that has another50 or so. then there are the piles of
> x-box/ps2 games on the floor, about 50 there. Lets not count the
> www.the-underdog.org downloads, on cds!!

Wauv, that's a lot of games, and some have even more games. I have one
computer (up and running) and the "old" Xbox. I probably have about 30 pc
games and 8 Xbox games. I tend to play a game for a long time before bying a
new one.

> my "currant" game[s] are
> Tsgaumi for ps2 and beginning Gothic II/raven for pc.

For the time being I'm playing EverQuest II - no time for other games ;o)

mattchu

Jan 23, 2006, 8:22:47 AM1/23/06

freestone wrote:
> hi all...
>
> about three or five years ago, I asked this question, time to ask it
> again.......
>
> How many games do you have stored away, played or unplayed, for any and
> all gaming systems, in your collection?!

Too many.

Actually... I'll do a count: One, two, three, four, five... ~60 for the
PC.

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np:

mattchu

Jan 23, 2006, 8:24:50 AM1/23/06

Highlandish wrote:
> Quoth The Raven; freestone <frees...@yahoo.com> in
> <1137679081.8...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>
> > hi all...
> >
> > about three or five years ago, I asked this question, time to ask it
> > again.......
> >
> > How many games do you have stored away, played or unplayed, for any
> > and all gaming systems, in your collection?!
>
> in excess of 300 since 1995
> I don't throw/sell/give games away when I'm done. I even kept Daikatana!

*gasp*!

I could even stomach playing through the free download on Home of the
Underdogs.

Dan Lingman

Jan 23, 2006, 9:10:37 AM1/23/06
"mattchu" <mattchu...@gmail.com> wrote in

Heh. I thought I had the last surviving boxed copy of that game.

but then, I've even still got Bleem! in a box, on my shelf....

Dan.

mattchu

Jan 23, 2006, 2:23:44 PM1/23/06

mattchu wrote:
> I could even stomach playing through the free download on Home of the
> Underdogs.

Whoops: That should read "I couldn't even..."

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np: Throbbing Gristle - What a Day

Highlandish

Jan 23, 2006, 4:46:30 PM1/23/06
Quoth The Raven; mattchu <mattchu...@gmail.com> in
<1138044224.6...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>

> mattchu wrote:
>> I could even stomach playing through the free download on Home of the
>> Underdogs.
>
> Whoops: That should read "I couldn't even..."

yeah well i quit after killing the 10th frog

--
Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

It is easier to love humanity. than one's neighbour. - Eric Hoffer

Xocyll

Jan 23, 2006, 11:17:46 PM1/23/06
Dan Lingman <dlin...@rogers.com.nospamplease> looked up from reading
the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
signs say:

>"mattchu" <mattchu...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> Highlandish wrote:
<snip>

>>> in excess of 300 since 1995
>>> I don't throw/sell/give games away when I'm done. I even kept Daikatana!
>>
>> *gasp*!
>>
>> I could even stomach playing through the free download on Home of the
>> Underdogs.
>
>Heh. I thought I had the last surviving boxed copy of that game.
>
>but then, I've even still got Bleem! in a box, on my shelf....

Nope, i've got one too.
I'm not keeping it because it's good, i'm keeping it so some unwary
person doesn't get and play it by accident.
It's a public service keeping Daikatana out of circulation.

Xocyll

freestone

Jan 24, 2006, 9:04:02 AM1/24/06
thanks everyone for answering this little "poll"!

I looked in the googlegroups search and yes i asked this question in
2001, about this time of year, 34 people replied

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg/browse_thread/thread/2ebdab7e27b669e/9f7f97a9b5ca43f2?q=who+has+the+most+games&rnum=1#9f7f97a9b5ca43f2

I found that there were many people who had 500...800...even
approaching the 2400+
that dan Lingman has!

and i thank you Knight37 too, i see you posted back then.

there are more systems today to buy for.
also there are some "avenues" that exist today for people to find and
to buy old systems, like of ebay.

I heard just yeaterday, as i walked out of a E B store with four more
games, that soon gamestop, who owns now Electronics Boutique, will
"combine for real' the two stores, close one chain altogether.

then i read that gamestop itself is not doing too too good.
[the Day may come when stores like Best Buy will be the only
storefronts that will sell games, and NO USED GAMES!
[rumor: the ps3 might have a chip in it where any game you buy can
only be played *on* that ps3! once installed, that game can never
play on any other ps3!!

*this* fuels, for me, s slight bit of "parinoia", that "I better git it
now or when i want to play it, it will be Gone except for $80 on Ebay!

This here freestone "backs off" from his collection a moment to try to
remember what I actually have.

dreamcast...10
snes... 1
n64.... 8
xbox... 40
ps1... 50
ps2.. 90
computer 1 40 [dos and old windows pre-directx]
computer 2 100 [plus or minus, not counting burned cds/floppies from
the internet!]
--------
250 games, more or less!

[lets not talk about the 2 gigs of neverwinter modules on my pc! One
of them, TORTURED HEARTS by basseman, advertises 100+ hours!!]

my goodness, I am nearly "last" on the List.

I *feel* like i have a lot of games as I live in an efficentcy
apartment, basicly one room with a closet, very small, and a kitchen
nook.
[Oh the wonders of Industial shelving!]

I live in a senior center with 161 other people, one or two people to a
room/apt.
Got to be 62 to get in, many here are in their 80s. there are several
here who go to play tennis at the tennis club, at 80 to 85 years old.
I "hear" that there is one lady who has a playstation and plays games,
i do not know who she is. I did meet a lady who has a snes and she
plays the puzzle type of games little Tetris or jewels.

I am getting ready to begin the Dragon Quest VIII on the ps2 and the
Arx fatalis on the xbox.

I may well die of old age before i finish them all...

and often i do NOT finish a game, just like that Tsungui Atonement that
i took off the ps2 just yeaterday, i could not win that final boos
battle even at level 60, and it *was* apparent that i needed to be at
level, say, 90, to beat him, which means hours and hours and hours and
hours and hours just fighting 6 same monters over and over again! I
had to take off Final fantasy 8 for the same reason.
But i play games for the Imaginational value, more than of winning!
to experience worlds, to experience realities beyond the everyday.
Thus i like "immersive" first and third person games best.
also amazing what a 27inch good tv with Component connections can do
for games!
Must be even more Incredible to own a huge theater system.

I always liked the science fiction and fantasy stories as a kid,
even.....

so...never ever too too old for games.....I am 64.
why one of the clerks at EBs, last month or so, told me that he knows
of a 80 year old man who plays rpgs! he was a computer progammer
during the 50s for one of those computers that needed a whole wing of a
building just to sit there and run!

freestone

Justisaur

Jan 24, 2006, 3:41:02 PM1/24/06

I have the internet. There's easily more than 2000 free games there.
Does that make me the winner?

O.k. for reals - I have to guess here, but I just moved so I went
through everything. I gave away about 20-30 PC games to cow-orkers for
christmas.

For PC - lets see, 1 letter box sized drawer full of games & manuals,
no boxes - uhm 40. one large cd box about full of games +40. 1/2
bookshelf full of games in box about 10.

so for PC that's about 90 - Jesus Christ! That's way to many. and
that's after I just gave away about 25

PS2 - uhm, tend to take those back and exchange if I finish/don't like,
so I've probably only got about 20.

Gamecube - more for my wife, haven't found any games I really like for
it, so probably about 5

PSP, I can actually name the ones I've got here - Wipeout Pure,
Lumines, Heroes of Legend, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty Cirty Stories. 4.

So total about 120. Wow. I think I might actually be underestimating.
Of course the entire space taken up by all those games is nothing
compared with 10 bookshelves worth of PnP games & supliments.

- Justisaur