Full Throttle: The REAL Adventure

1 view

Cera 000

Apr 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/26/95
After playing the demo, reading dozens of articles, and drooling over
LucasArts adds, I have come to conclusion that Full Throttle is probably
the most original adventure game since the genre first started back in the
80s. Even though the game isn't even out yet, it displays qualities that
were never even considered by other productions. For instance, your
character isn't a total wuss like in most Adventure games (i.e. Space
Quest 1-whatever, Maniac MAnsion Series-- which was excellent, Kyrandia
1-3, Monkey Island 1-2)
Well, I have to go , m,ail me for the rest of the article

Andy White

Apr 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/27/95
Cera 000 (cer...@aol.com) wrote:
: were never even considered by other productions. For instance, your

: character isn't a total wuss like in most Adventure games (i.e. Space
: Quest 1-whatever, Maniac MAnsion Series-- which was excellent, Kyrandia
: 1-3, Monkey Island 1-2)

LucasArts describing the differences between Ben and, say, Bernard:

Let's say Ben and Bernard are standing in front of a locked door, and
the only thing they have to open it with is a club sandwich. Bernard
might peek in the keyhole and notice the key is in the other side of the
keyhole. He would then take apart the sandwich, using the mayo to
lubricate the space under the door, and slide a piece of bread under the
door. Then he would use the toothpick to push the key out the other side
so it falls on the bread, and he'd pull the bread out, take the key, and
unlock the door.
Ben would eat the sandwich and kick the door down.

(rotfl)

Sunny Leung

Apr 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/29/95

In article <3nod6i$t...@decaxp.harvard.edu>, Sarinee Achavanuntakul (sach...@scunix4.harvard.edu) writes:
>Cera 000 (cer...@aol.com) wrote:
>: After playing the demo, reading dozens of articles, and drooling over

>: LucasArts adds, I have come to conclusion that Full Throttle is probably
>: the most original adventure game since the genre first started back in the
>: 80s. Even though the game isn't even out yet, it displays qualities that
>: were never even considered by other productions. For instance, your
>: character isn't a total wuss like in most Adventure games (i.e. Space
>: Quest 1-whatever, Maniac MAnsion Series-- which was excellent, Kyrandia
>: 1-3, Monkey Island 1-2)
>
> I'll disagree. I think Infocom's "A Mind Forever Voyaging" is
>still the most original adventure game around, not to mention it's
>light-years ahead of others in terms of plot.

But you must agree that FT is quite a bit better than most of what's being
released these days. All these nicely rendered environments with minimal
character interaction and no plot. <sigh>

FT is a breath of fresh air if the demo is anything to go by.

And now I hear that GK2 is using live actors and real locations. I liked GK1
because of it's comic-book feel and great voice-overs. Let's hope Sierra
doesn't bungle this one up.

--
Sunny Leung: <su...@randland.dialix.oz.au>, SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

/-= Griffin =-)

May 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/9/95
Andy White (an...@walt.cs.msstate.edu) wrote:
: Cera 000 (cer...@aol.com) wrote:
[...]

(rorflol) That was beyond funny.... but soo true.

|-Griffin |
|"Rome wasn't built over night, neither is a good program!" |
| O/ O/ | For faq availability from |
| /| "Stayin Alive!" /| | Wolverines, Inc. write to |
| / ) / ) | |
|----------------------------------| gri...@maestro.com or |
| Wolverines, Inc. | tmdh55a thru c...@prodigy.com |
| | |

AcomGlobal

May 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/26/95
Full Throttle may be a good adventure game... for the short 45 mins it
takes to complete AND watch alll the cutscenes, but the puzzles were so
logical that the game was WAY TOO EASY, I knew that when I opened the
package and saw only one CD, and knew that the FT demo was 200megs alone
(the demo consisted of about 2½ mins of cutscene and the cavefish and bar
segments of the game) that the game was going to be small. I am
dissappointed with FT but I dont really care anymore cause I returned it
for Discworld, a much HARDER game