King's Quest 8 ??? Look here Ken

Bobby R. Hall

Dec 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/2/96

This question is directed towards Ken Williams himself if he is out
there.

I saw that you said that your wife is working on King's Quest 8. Is
there any bit of information that you could tell me about the game?
The hero (Rosella,Graham,Alexander,Valanice)? The plot? The
gameplay?

Dustin,
(Owner of KQ anthology and KQ7)
ha...@indyweb.com

Stuart Southerland

Dec 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/2/96

In article <57tseg$c...@news.indyweb.net>, ha...@indyweb.net (Bobby R.
Hall) wrote:

Hello Dustin:

Well, I'm not Ken, but I did get a copy of a seasonal magazine (or is it a
catalogue?) that Sierra puts out to brag about new products. There's
feature in the Fall edition of "Interaction " magazine that should wet
your appetite for information on KQ VIII. (It's a *long* way off,
though. Christmas '97 at the earliest) I imagine that you could call
Sierra at 1-800-757-7707 and order it.

--
stus...@ionet.net

Matthew Murray

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Stuart Southerland wrote:

> Hello Dustin:
>
> Well, I'm not Ken, but I did get a copy of a seasonal magazine (or is it a
> catalogue?) that Sierra puts out to brag about new products. There's
> feature in the Fall edition of "Interaction " magazine that should wet
> your appetite for information on KQ VIII. (It's a *long* way off,
> though. Christmas '97 at the earliest) I imagine that you could call
> Sierra at 1-800-757-7707 and order it.

What you said is correct, but I >highly< recommend that you take
that article with a shaker of salt. Some of the stuff said in that
article is... ahem... not entirely true.

Matthew A. Murray - n964...@cc.wwu.edu

Over 170 computer game reviews, Babylon 5 links, and more on my home page:
http://www.wwu.edu/~n9641343
Windows 95 - From the Makers of EDLIN!

Bob Jr.

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

How do you know it's not...ahem...entirely true Matt? Oh wait, you
must program at Sierra...no...wrote the article...I know...your
Roberta Williams brother! <bg>

Bobb

Galina Bokser

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

Maybe he/SHE IS Roberta Williams in disguise!

In <32a43735...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>

=========

>> Matthew A. Murray - n964...@cc.wwu.edu
>>
>> Over 170 computer game reviews, Babylon 5 links, and more on my
home page:
>> http://www.wwu.edu/~n9641343
>>=====================================================================
=========

Kara Johnson

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

LOL! This Sierra argument reminds me of when my (very dysfunctional:-)
family has a reunion! E-Mail me when grandpa decks Uncle Tony, please! I
wanna be here to instigate!

Keep on goin', guys! I like a good laugh after a long day at work +
school!

> What you said is correct, but I >highly< recommend that you take
> that article with a shaker of salt. Some of the stuff said in that
> article is... ahem... not entirely true.

> Matthew A. Murray - n964...@cc.wwu.edu
>
> Over 170 computer game reviews, Babylon 5 links, and more on my home page:
> http://www.wwu.edu/~n9641343

> Windows 95 - From the Makers of EDLIN!

Kara Johnson

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

I think Matthew was talking about the stuff they said about "King's
Quest being the most influential series of all time!" I sorta agree with
Matthew on that one...it's not exactly a lie persay, but it's a HUGE pat
on the back! Now, if they would have said ONE of the most influential
series of all time, they would have definitely been right--but most
people would agree that Zork was the most influential series of all
time...

Bob Jr. wrote:

> How do you know it's not...ahem...entirely true Matt? Oh wait, you
> must program at Sierra...no...wrote the article...I know...your
> Roberta Williams brother! <bg>
>
> Bobb
>
> On Tue, 3 Dec 1996 06:57:43 -0800, Matthew Murray

Ken Williams

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

KQ8 will be 3d ... the design goal was to be 1/2 Super Mario 64 and 1/2
Kings Quest. The characters are 99% new, although the setting is still
Daventry. There is a bunch about the game in InterAction, and also, if
you can, try to see the video that is on the Roberta Williams Anthology
CD. It shows some of KQ8, but most interesting is hearing Roberta talk
about the game. I'm hoping I can think of a way to get the video into
wide distribution -- for people that already own most of Roberta's games
it isn't worth buying the anthology just to see the video -- but, it is
definitely worth seeing.

Thanks - Ken

Led Mirage

Dec 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/4/96

In article <32A4FA...@seanet.com>, Ken Williams <ke...@seanet.com> wrote:
>KQ8 will be 3d ... the design goal was to be 1/2 Super Mario 64 and 1/2

You mean, sort of like Tomb Raider?

RoyBoy

Dec 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/4/96
to ke...@seanet.com

Ken Williams wrote:

> I'm hoping I can think of a way to get the video into
> wide distribution -- for people that already own most of Roberta's games
> it isn't worth buying the anthology just to see the video -- but, it is
> definitely worth seeing.

If it's too big to be downloaded off your site why not have it included
in one or more of the demo CD-Rom's that come with the various gaming
magazines? Seems like they're always looking for content.

royboy

Tom Pancoast

Dec 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/4/96

I could have sworn Ken Williams <ke...@seanet.com> wrote:

>KQ8 will be 3d ... the design goal was to be 1/2 Super Mario 64 and 1/2

>Kings Quest. The characters are 99% new, although the setting is still
>Daventry.

And in our next exciting chapter of "As the Genre's Converge", Rosella
learns that she is not truely a princess, but is in fact the illicit love
child of Laura and Mario!

---------------------------------------
tpan...@freedomnet.com (Tom Pancoast)
"An object at rest cannot be stopped!"

JP/RK

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

Kara Johnson <kjoh...@ncinter.net> wrote in article =
<32A4CE...@ncinter.net>...

> LOL! This Sierra argument reminds me of when my (very dysfunctional:-)

> family has a reunion! E-Mail me when grandpa decks Uncle Tony, please! =
> wanna be here to instigate!=20
>=20

I have a very dysfunctional family as well. I must admit
that sometimes I get involved in arguements, but after awhile
I just want them to end.

I have my opinion about Sierra and I know others have theirs.=20
When it comes right down to it, I don't think very many people
will be changing their opinions on this subject, once the dust has =
settled.

Romi

Sven

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

>Ken Williams wrote:
>> I'm hoping I can think of a way to get the video into
>> wide distribution -- for people that already own most of Roberta's games
>> it isn't worth buying the anthology just to see the video -- but, it is
>If it's too big to be downloaded off your site why not have it included
>in one or more of the demo CD-Rom's that come with the various gaming
>magazines? Seems like they're always looking for content.

Or how about putting it up on sierra's homepage? Just look at
http://www.first-tv.com/56home2.html.
It's possible :)

Sven

Sven

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

[me...@concentric.net]:

>On Tue, 03 Dec 1996 20:14:31 -0800, Ken Williams <ke...@seanet.com>
>said something kinda like:

>>KQ8 will be 3d ... the design goal was to be 1/2 Super Mario 64 and 1/2
>>Kings Quest. The characters are 99% new, although the setting is still

Hmm, just bought Matrox Mystique 4MB PCI. Matrox boasts support from
Sierra on QFG5 (matrox.com). Will Sierra support Mystique on KQ8?

Sven

Ken Williams

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

I really don't know the Matrox that well -- we are supporting Direct3D,
so if it runs with Direct3D, as its web page says, then it should run
great.

-Ken

Joe II

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

Matrox has the drivers there that work with Direct X. Direct 3D is a
component of that so anything programmed with it should work. I've
done a couple of small apps with Direct 3D and they ran fine with the
Matrox Millenium. Don't know about the Mystique though. I would
ass/u/me that it would run it fine also.

Joe II
jpg...@worldnet.att.net

On Thu, 05 Dec 1996 15:28:45 -0800, Ken Williams <ke...@seanet.com>
contributed: