Walmart: Games in DVD cases??

Skip to the first unread message

Thucydides

3 Jan 2002, 12:15:2803/01/2002
Hey all,

I'm a gamer who always throws away the box. Or at the very least they
hang around in my gameroom until I have the mind to throw them away.

Is it true that Walmart only sells games that are in DVD boxes? If so
I might have bought keeper games like Wolfenstein from them instead of
EB. I don't like to store my games in brittle jewel cases but really
like those flexible DVD boxes.

Nearest WalMart is 50 miles away, but may be worth the trip.

Let me know,
Thucy.

John Capriotti

3 Jan 2002, 14:27:0903/01/2002

Wal-Mart has said that they will only shelve PC games in DVD-sized boxes by
a certain date - what that date is, I don't know. But when Wal-Mart makes a
policy, the rest of the industry will follow so I suspect all games will be
in those boxes before too long.

Many of the games they stock now are already in the mini-boxes, new titles
not just cheeseware. But they're not in DVD cases, they're in DVD *sized*
boxes about an inch in depth that are just miniature versions of the old
boxes. I haven't bought any of these titles yet, but I guess they have a CD
jewel case inside and not a DVD case.

ecco0393

3 Jan 2002, 17:34:4703/01/2002
DVD cases take up to much room. I like the cheap jewel cases, the cost is
less.. they are universal. Dvd cases are not. There are times I make
copy's of cd's and I like to but 4 in each, one on top of each other...
saves space.. If one breaks I can replace it with a cheap cd-r jewel..Look
at the size of the cd and then look at the size of the DVD case.. What a
wast of space in my opionion. I have hundreds of cd's to store on the
shelf.. Sure the Dvd cases are nice, a agree.. but the cost will get past
on the customer, and they are wider, thinker, bigger then the cheaper
jewel.. Anyways, either way I am sure you will enjoy whatever you buy..

DemilinX

4 Jan 2002, 06:28:1304/01/2002
"ecco0393" <eccoh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> DVD cases take up to much room. I like the cheap jewel cases, the cost is
> less.. they are universal. Dvd cases are not. There are times I make
> copy's of cd's and I like to but 4 in each, one on top of each other...
> saves space.. If one breaks I can replace it with a cheap cd-r jewel..Look
> at the size of the cd and then look at the size of the DVD case.. What a
> wast of space in my opionion. I have hundreds of cd's to store on the
> shelf.. Sure the Dvd cases are nice, a agree.. but the cost will get past
> on the customer, and they are wider, thinker, bigger then the cheaper
> jewel.. Anyways, either way I am sure you will enjoy whatever you buy..

You can still transfer those CDs to the cheap jewel cases. You do not have
to keep the CD/DVD to the DVD sized case. It is, however, an extra cost
(option) put onto the consumer.

--

xM錞 W。!錗