Battlefield 2142 Deluxe: Don't Buy it. NS does not work

Sandman

Jan 20, 2008, 2:05:27 PM1/20/08
EA does it again..
So far no one that has bought Battlefield 2142 Deluxe has been able to
activate and play the Northern Strike content that is included.
8 guys in my clan alone can't get it working. Other BF2 clans we play with
are reporting the same. We never bothered with the original 2142 and decided
to wait for the inevitable deluxe version to avoid EA's craptastic download
and activation-booster pack scam. Plus cheaper price.
TONS of people are complaining about it on the forums and of course EA is
deleting threads again. Like Epic on the UT3 boards with hoars of
complaints.

I'm done with EA..

Hannu Harvanpaah

Jan 22, 2008, 8:33:18 PM1/22/08

"Sandman" <spiderm...@sony.com> wrote in message
I bought Northern Strike seperately, and even after a call to EA (good luck
finding the CS phone number, had to look it up on Usenet!) NS, which I paid
for through EA's online store, will still not recognize my EA
account/E-mail!

So, I basically donated $10 to EA.......

Love the BF series (started with BF 1942: CC, then BF2 CC, and I really do
like 2142), and have been buying EA games since NHL 92, but this has done it
for me! I am also sick to death of any game that requires you jump through
hoops to be able to play........

HH

Darren

Jan 25, 2008, 8:39:39 PM1/25/08
I have my Northern Stirke working...after buying the Deluxe Edition.

The maps only work in multiplayer though.

Maps:-

Bridge at Remagen
Liberation of Leipzig
Port Bavaria

Such a long winded process though.

Deluxe Edition was already at patch 1.40

Had to create EA account, then associate account with game Nick and
Reg Code. Server crashed on numerous attempts, then finally it worked.

Darren