Out of this World or Flashback sequels?

Chris Bender

Aug 9, 1994, 1:34:51 AM8/9/94
ENOUGH OF DOOM!

Does anyone remember 2 of my personal favorite games, Out of this World
or Flashback? Does anyone here know is there are going to be any sequels
to these 2 games? I loved them, and would like to see the continuations.
Let me know if u guys have ever played, and what u think.
Thanks
<Chris>

P.S. Don't kill me, I do think DOOM is awesome! But its not the only game..

Edward D. Lee

Aug 9, 1994, 5:25:44 AM8/9/94
kh...@ritz.mordor.com (Chris Bender) writes:
> Does anyone remember 2 of my personal favorite games, Out of this World
> or Flashback? Does anyone here know is there are going to be any sequels
> to these 2 games? I loved them, and would like to see the continuations.

I've finished Out of This World and if there's no sequel, I'd be pretty
angry. That ending was cool but it wasn't complete. As for Flashback, I
finished that also. IMO, it won't have a sequel. I don't see an opening
at the end of the game. Or perhaps, I missed something.

Patrick Deupree

Aug 9, 1994, 9:37:44 AM8/9/94
Edward D. Lee (edw...@eis.calstate.edu) wrote:

Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, there is indeed
a sequel to Out of This World (I have it on order). The bad news is that
it's being released on the Sega CD. I don't know of any plans for a PC
version, but I'm sure there will be sometime.

The general premise for the new game takes a different perspective. In OOTW2
you play the Alien friend of the hero from OOTW. I'm looking forward to
gettings this since the CD has OOTW on it as well and I HATE looking up that
stupid code to play the PC version. I respect Virgin's desire to stop software
piracy, but looking up that code on the stupid wheel every time really gets
old.
--
A wise man once said that the only road to true enlightenment was through
failure.

Patrick Deupree
Iseult Technology
pdeu...@netcom.com

Pletcher

Aug 9, 1994, 10:16:05 AM8/9/94

There will be an Out of This World 2 as well as a Flashback 2. OOTW2 is
being published by Interplay, but I'm not sure they're doing a PC version.
I'm assuming they will. I don't know much about Flashback 2, except that
someone is doing it...

Adam Pletcher
Parallax Software

Robert C. Merritt <rcmerrit>

Aug 9, 1994, 11:04:05 AM8/9/94
In article <pdeupreeC...@netcom.com> pdeu...@netcom.com (Patrick Deupree) writes:
>Edward D. Lee (edw...@eis.calstate.edu) wrote:
>: kh...@ritz.mordor.com (Chris Bender) writes:
>: > Does anyone remember 2 of my personal favorite games, Out of this World
>: > or Flashback? Does anyone here know is there are going to be any sequels
>: > to these 2 games? I loved them, and would like to see the continuations.
>
>: I've finished Out of This World and if there's no sequel, I'd be pretty
>: angry. That ending was cool but it wasn't complete. As for Flashback, I
>: finished that also. IMO, it won't have a sequel. I don't see an opening
>: at the end of the game. Or perhaps, I missed something.
>
>Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, there is indeed
>a sequel to Out of This World (I have it on order). The bad news is that
>it's being released on the Sega CD. I don't know of any plans for a PC
>version, but I'm sure there will be sometime.
>
>The general premise for the new game takes a different perspective. In OOTW2
>you play the Alien friend of the hero from OOTW. I'm looking forward to
>gettings this since the CD has OOTW on it as well and I HATE looking up that
>stupid code to play the PC version. I respect Virgin's desire to stop software
>piracy, but looking up that code on the stupid wheel every time really gets
>old.

Thats why I'm buying more and more of my stuff on SNES. I love OOTW on
the SNES.

Robert Merritt
-* Disclaimer: Opinions posted here are mine and not of my employer
-*"There is always death and taxes. However death doesn't get worse every year"

Robert C. Merritt <rcmerrit>

Aug 9, 1994, 7:35:52 AM8/9/94

There is a sequal to Out of this World. I "think" its going to be called
Heart of the Alien. Basically you take the role of your alien friend
from the first game.

Patrick Deupree

Aug 9, 1994, 10:44:35 PM8/9/94
Robert C. Merritt <rcmerrit> (rcme...@apgea.army.mil) wrote:
: In article <pdeupreeC...@netcom.com> pdeu...@netcom.com (Patrick Deupree) writes:
: >I'm looking forward to
: >getting this since the CD has OOTW on it as well and I HATE looking up that

: >stupid code to play the PC version. I respect Virgin's desire to stop software
: >piracy, but looking up that code on the stupid wheel every time really gets
: >old.

: Thats why I'm buying more and more of my stuff on SNES. I love OOTW on
: the SNES.

I've made a new vow. Unless there are DRASTIC technical differences or unless
the game will not be made for a Sega, Sega CD or a SNES, I won't buy PC games
anymore. I've got Dragons Lair, but when I reach the Dragon's Lair the game
just stops. I've got Lands Of Lore, but it crashes for no reason fairly
regularly. And so on. However, I'll still play games like Doom, Raptor,
and the Sierra on-line variety on my PC. I havn't had any problems with those.

Jason Tyler Davidson

Aug 10, 1994, 1:06:57 PM8/10/94
Chris Bender (kh...@ritz.mordor.com) wrote:
: ENOUGH OF DOOM!

Jason Tyler Davidson

Aug 11, 1994, 5:00:45 AM8/11/94
Chris Bender (kh...@ritz.mordor.com) wrote:
: ENOUGH OF DOOM!

Flashback 2 will by out by the Fourth Quarter of 1994 and its by Delphine
Software according to "Comming Soon" on wuarchive.

Patrick Deupree

Aug 11, 1994, 6:36:02 PM8/11/94
Patrick Deupree (pdeu...@netcom.com) wrote:
: The general premise for the new game takes a different perspective. In OOTW2

: you play the Alien friend of the hero from OOTW. I'm looking forward to
: gettings this since the CD has OOTW on it as well and I HATE looking up that
: stupid code to play the PC version. I respect Virgin's desire to stop software
: piracy, but looking up that code on the stupid wheel every time really gets
: old.

I wanted to correct a slight mistake I've made, just in case anyone caught it.
Interplay makes the silly code wheel I hate (and OOTW). Virgin has nothing
to do with OOTW or code wheels.