EPIC MEGANEWS 1

Herve BENVEL

May 19, 1994, 10:09:59 AM5/19/94
Received from: Epic Megagames <70007...@CompuServe.COM>, forwarding...
as some may be interested to subscribe ;-)

Epic MegaGames MEGANEWS May 18, 1994

Welcome!

This is the first edition of MEGANEWS, Epic's online newsletter.
Here's what we're going to tell you about:

* Info about current games.
* Sneak peaks at upcoming games.
* Hints and game secrets.
* Where to find Epic games online.

MEGANEWS is our first step towards making Epic more *available* to you
online. We've only had a small online presence in the past, and we aim
to change that right now!

=================
The Epic HOT List
=================

Here are the current, most popular Epic files as of 5-10-94:

EPICPN2.ZIP New EPIC PINBALL featuring the SUPER ANDROID table and more!
OMFPREV.ZIP Preview of One Must Fall, Epic's upcoming HOT fight game.
XARGON.ZIP The latest action-packed VGA scrolling arcade adventure game.
TDDEMO.ZIP TD 2192 Preview, about Safari Software's upcoming release!
PINCHT.ZIP Cheat program for Pinball. You, too, can have infinite balls.

=========================
New EPIC PINBALL release!
=========================

Check out the new shareware release of Epic Pinball. It features the
massively-improved SUPER ANDROID table and much more. Here's what's new:

* CyberSound surround sound on stereo sound cards!
* Improved sound card support (now works GREAT with SB-16 and PAS-16).
* Announcing FOUR all new tables, Epic's best yet. Cyborgirl, Toy
Factory, Space Journey, and Pangaea are *hot* and they're available
now for ordering directly.

Offers: Those four new tables are $29, or just $19 for customers who have
already purchased any other Epic pinball tables. Registered Pinball
owners will receive an upgrade offer in the mail in about two weeks
with complete upgrade details... Stay tuned!

or AOL mail address can join!

This first mailing is going to a small but elite crowd - approximately
500 people. Please help the list grow by spreading the newsletter!
The goal is 100,000 subscribers by the end of the year.

===================
What's new at Epic?
===================

RAPID GROWTH!

Thanks to great customer response throughout the entire world, Epic's
size and sales have been growing at an extraordinary rate! We'd like
to give a BIG THANKS to all Epic customers for helping Epic become
a smashing success. We look forward to bringing you more leading-edge
shareware games in 1994 and 1995 as a result of this success!

EPIC BASEBALL DELAYED!

The release of Epic Baseball has been delayed indefinitely while we fix
some bugs and work on cool improvements. It's at least 6 months away,
but we promise it'll be worth the wait! WARNING: An early beta-test
version of Baseball (EPICBB.ZIP) has been circulating on some BBS's.
If you see it, please ask your sysop to remove it. That version is not
official, and it has major bugs.

=================
Current Game List
=================

Zip File Game Graphics Sound Card Support
------------ ------------------------------- ----------- ------------------
EPICPN2.ZIP Epic Pinball: Super Android VGA SB/Pro/16/GUS
XARGON.ZIP Xargon 1: Beyond Reality VGA SB/Pro/16
ELECTRO.ZIP Electro Man (Arcade/Puzzler) VGA SB/Pro/16
HEART.ZIP Heartlight (Puzzle Game) VGA SB/Pro/16
JILL.ZIP Jill of the Jungle VGA/EGA/CGA SB/Pro/16
CASTLE.ZIP Castle of the Winds Windows None
SOLAR.ZIP Solar Winds (Space Adventure) VGA SB/Pro/16/Adlib
ZONE66.ZIP Zone 66 (Scrolling shooter) VGA SB/Pro/16/GUS
OVERKIL.ZIP OverKill (Fast shoot-em-up) EGA/CGA SB/Pro/16/Adlib
BRIX.ZIP Brix (Arcade/Puzzle Game) VGA SB/Pro/16/Adlib
KEN.ZIP Ken's Labyrinth VGA SB/Pro/16/Adlib

===========
Coming Soon
===========

ONE MUST FALL 2097: This game is due by the end of April. It is the
granddaddy of all fighting games! OMF features 90-foot-tall battling
robots and goes way beyond current fighting game technology to bring
you truly *intense* action.

In the next edition, we'll tell you about Jazz Jackrabbit, the fastest
and most stunning scrolling action game ever on the PC. Coming soon!
We'll also tell you about TD 2192, the first of a new breed of games.

==========
Conclusion
==========

That's all for now. Stay tuned for the next edition, check out the
new Epic Pinball, and get pumped up to kick some butt in One Must Fall!

-Tim Sweeney, President/Epic MegaGames

CompuServe: GO EPIC Orders: 800-972-7434
Internet FTP: ftp.uml.edu Tech support: 301-983-9771
Exec-PC BBS: 414-789-4360 Fax: 301-299-3841

--hervé Benvel

www
(o o) M. Benvel Hervé, Herve....@inria.fr
oOO--(_)--OOo--------------------------------------------------
Bureau 1309a, Bat. 13, INRIA Rocquencourt, BP 105, 78153
Le Chesnay Cedex, France, Tel [*]: 39635304, Fax [*]: 39635330
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
For more information: finger ben...@astree.inria.fr
[*] Tel/Fax prefixes: Foreign: 33 1, Province : 16 1
------------------#include <disclaimer.h>----------------------

Joe Siegler

May 20, 1994, 12:43:00 PM5/20/94
* 1stReader forwarded this Public message:

Conf: 142
Msg#: 21636
To: ALL
From: BEN...@KNUTH.IBP.FR

Comments:

. Just in case you missed it, here's something from the
. Internet.

May 20, 1994, 12:43:00 PM5/20/94