Battlefield 2142 Deluxe users left with nothing - non working game.

Gravity

Jan 21, 2008, 11:26:16 PM1/21/08
http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&id=479432

New players who bought the new version of Battlefield 2142 the Deluxe
Edition are left upset with nothing but a non working game over the 3 day
weekend. the error everyone seems to be getting is "The CD key has already
been registered with an account" this error is coming up because EA recently
changed the way you log into your account, now it is through e-mail address.
So when new users register our game it is registered under there e-mail
address and not under their EA Account. And, they can not log into their
Battlefield 2142 with a E-mail address we need our EA Account Name. Quoting
one of the players on the forums "This is all EA's fault. I am not bashing,
this is fact" To read more read the forum page on the issue. This error was
responded to by EA saying it was a user error.

-----------------

EA Remains silent with thousands of users and growing unable to play the
game. EA have no idea what the problem is or even if there is one.
But Battlefield 3 and any other new game by DICE will be BUG FREE! We
promise!

---------------

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=329066&tstart=0

Reports from all over the Net are coming in regarding Battlefield 2124
Deluxe Edition and Northern Strike. All basically the same problem, Northern
Strike will not install. Way to go EA..again. It never ends. The Battlefield
games are some of the most buggy games in PC gaming history.

First thread listed is a sticky of this particular problem on EA's forums.
Please direct everyone there.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa? threadID=329066&tstart=0

Other threads- Lots more out there these are just a few..

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefield2142dulexeedition/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-40803884&pid=944523

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefield2142/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-40892025&pid=932358

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=329384&tstart=0

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=326636&tstart=0

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=328816&tstart=15

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=326818&tstart=30

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=326337&tstart=90

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=328908&tstart=15

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=327618&tstart=15

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=328289&tstart=15

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=326465&tstart=15

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=324609&tstart=15

Usenet: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games. action

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/battlefield_2142_northern_strike/b49081/p1

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/battlefield_2142_technical_help/b49082/p1

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/battlefield_2142/b49080/p1

EA you are Craptastic again! Your Booster packs Scam is another bug ridden
mess. The Battlefield series is some of the most buggy, glitchy crappy PC
games in PC gaming history. Congrats!

Jim Vieira

Jan 21, 2008, 11:55:02 PM1/21/08
I'm sorry to hear this because I had thought of picking up BF2142.

I bought the BF2 complete DVD a few months back as I'd always wanted
to try the game, and I've have considerable fun with it. I'm not going to
say it's perfect either, but it's hardly a bug ridden mess, maybe they have
fixed some of the issues since it's original inception. But in particular I
do have it CTD occasionally, and when I use the Creative X-FI sound
setting, it will lock up in a sound loop after a bit of play. Other than
that it works great.

I'll be keeping an on eye on this one because I was very close to purchasing
this new bundle pack. I'm gonna wait for them to settle things down and
fix the issues (assuming they will?) before jumping on it.

But I do love BF2.

Toby

Jan 22, 2008, 12:03:07 AM1/22/08

BF2 was a great game but BF2142 just didn't do it for me. I couldn't
get interested at all.

Here's one to look forward to. BF2 with TF2-like characters!

http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

Arinté

Jan 22, 2008, 1:18:02 PM1/22/08
Toby wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:55:02 -0600, "Jim Vieira"
> <Whipl...@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> BF2 was a great game but BF2142 just didn't do it for me. I couldn't
> get interested at all.
>
> Here's one to look forward to. BF2 with TF2-like characters!
>
> http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

I am looking forward to this one too. A BF2 with dumbed down graphics is fine
with me as long as the gameplay is there, my laptop can barely handle BF2 anyway.

Jim Vieira

Jan 22, 2008, 6:49:06 PM1/22/08
"Arinté" <arin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

This does look interesting, thanks for the lnk Toby.

Darren

Jan 25, 2008, 8:44:14 PM1/25/08
I have my Northern Strike maps working with my Deluxe edition.

Took a while though..and the first time I create the BF2142 account I
used a bogus email to stop spam. Bugger. But then I found an account
updater link, to enable the email to be changed.

Had to create an EA account online and register my gaming nicks with
that...as well as entering Game key etc. Crashed numerous times, but
finally worked.

Have 3 Northern Strike Maps working:-

Bridge At Remagen
Liberation Of Leipzig
Port Bavaria

Played BF2 loads, but this takes a bit of getting used to.

Darren