Well?

csipd...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2008, 5:50:24 AM4/22/08
At least "we haven't" would be something.

Trixter

Apr 22, 2008, 4:53:29 PM4/22/08
On Apr 22, 4:50 am, csipdcs...@gmail.com wrote:
> At least "we haven't" would be something.

You are asking questions that are easily answerable by most web search
engines. So, you are not getting any responses (from humans).

csipd...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2008, 12:39:08 PM4/23/08
On Apr 23, 1:53 am, Trixter <MobyGa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are asking questions that are easily answerable by most web search
> engines. So, you are not getting any responses (from humans).

I didn't ask anything. I said the demoscene has LOST.

Thomas Austad

Apr 23, 2008, 3:04:16 PM4/23/08

The demoscene has lost nothing.
We doing fine in our small pond.

Datsua

Richard

Apr 23, 2008, 3:18:58 PM4/23/08

Well, what?

Richard

Apr 23, 2008, 3:19:51 PM4/23/08

csipd...@gmail.com spake the secret code
<b63d1597-56a0-4367...@h1g2000prh.googlegroups.com> thusly:

>I said the demoscene has LOST.

Actually your cryptic message said "you have lost" and then you posted
two links without further elaboration. It looked like spam to me.

If you have some statement to make, it would be better if you just
came out and said it.

Andry Joos

Apr 24, 2008, 3:31:19 AM4/24/08
Trixter,

> You are asking questions that are easily answerable by most web
> search engines. So, you are not getting any responses (from humans).

The one asking too many questions seems to be someone else. However,
both types of postings are rather worthless.

-Unk

csipd...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2008, 6:09:42 AM4/24/08

> If you have some statement to make, it would be better if you just
> came out and said it.

Broadcast TV (out in the real world) is being done on standard PC
hardware, and it looks better than anything here.

Did you bother taking a look at those links? What did you see?
The coporate people have beaten you.

And by the way, VizRT can read all this, so don't say too many
things.....

Trixter

Apr 24, 2008, 10:33:22 AM4/24/08
On Apr 24, 5:09 am, csipdcs...@gmail.com wrote:
> > If you have some statement to make, it would be better if you just
> > came out and said it.
>
> Broadcast TV (out in the real world) is being done on standard PC
> hardware, and it looks better than anything here.

Demos are a lot of things. If they were only about visual images,
then demos would be nothing more than rendered animation.

If you think demos are only about the final images you see onscreen,
you know nothing about the demoscene.

gb

Apr 24, 2008, 11:41:31 AM4/24/08
On Apr 24, 3:09 am, csipdcs...@gmail.com wrote:

> The coporate people have beaten you.

When wasp3d comes up with a single original graphic effect,
distributes their product for free out of love for the community,
or converts their demoengine to a 64k exe,
THEN I'll start giving a shit. :D
Currently they've -maybe- caught up to the R4 music viz + The Popular
Demo.
Go look at those and cry about your obsolescence.

-Guybrush

Richard

Apr 24, 2008, 12:51:43 PM4/24/08

csipd...@gmail.com spake the secret code

<4faa26be-f1ce-493d...@f24g2000prh.googlegroups.com> thusly:

>> If you have some statement to make, it would be better if you just
>> came out and said it.
>
>Broadcast TV (out in the real world) is being done on standard PC
>hardware, and it looks better than anything here.

OK, that's a coherent statement at least. I still don't see how it
has fsck all to do with the demoscene.

>Did you bother taking a look at those links? What did you see?

Yeah, I looked at it. The demoscene never claimed to have a unique
hold on 3D graphics, visual effects or even real-time programming.
Games have been doing all of that for a long, long time.

>The coporate people have beaten you.

They were never in the race.

>And by the way, VizRT can read all this, so don't say too many
>things.....

BFD. The only one cowering in a corner feeling beat seems to be you.

Mark Jongerman

Apr 24, 2008, 1:25:53 PM4/24/08
Andry Joos wrote:
> The one asking too many questions seems to be someone else. However,
> both types of postings are rather worthless.

I think it's the same person, the nntp-posting-host fields
contain addresses in the same IP range from some ISP in
India (tatacommunications.com).

Mark (Sparcus/Nostalgia & Scene.org)

csipd...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2008, 8:21:43 AM4/26/08

Er Wasp3D it could be doesnt *do* the effects - it has the capability
TO - the artist has to do it after that, it gives him or her the
capability. But of course, it DOES do video processing which nothing
in the demoscene does.
Yes, of course the size is not an issue - what a TV channel would want
is simply to make it look good.

But the main thing is it's using DirectX - I wish the demoscene had
something without.

csipd...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2008, 8:23:43 AM4/26/08

> >The coporate people have beaten you.

And your book is probably what put them there.

Richard

Apr 27, 2008, 8:03:36 PM4/27/08

csipd...@gmail.com spake the secret code

<300e91e3-c664-4627...@y18g2000pre.googlegroups.com> thusly:

>> >The coporate people have beaten you.
>
>And your book is probably what put them there.

That would be very flattering to believe that, but alas its not true.

gb

Apr 28, 2008, 2:53:33 PM4/28/08
On Apr 26, 5:21 am, csipdcs...@gmail.com wrote:
>But of course, it DOES do video processing which nothing
> in the demoscene does.
You really need to watch some wild compo entries. Your irrelevance
_echoes_ in the vast halls of your ignorance.

> But the main thing is it's using DirectX - I wish the demoscene had
> something without.

Yeah, it's a real shame that there's nothing in software-only,
textmode,
pre-DirectX platforms, or on unique hardware. The demoscene is dead!

fxc...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2008, 11:03:21 AM4/29/08
On Apr 28, 1:53 pm, gb <expu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, it's a real shame that there's nothing in software-only,
> textmode,
> pre-DirectX platforms, or on unique hardware. The demoscene is dead!

Dont be too sarcastic, some people may not understand you :)

But for the record, in my opinion, there are multiple ways to code a
demo:

- either "bare to the metal", almost all in assembly and no (or lame)
high-level graphic libraries. good old DOS days as some would put.

- either you use a big library, like directx, and try to do something
small in code size or very clever with it. most 4k and 64ks out there
are like that

- or... you can do a big-big-production, with a huge mp3, lot of 3d
models, textures, etc. and the value of the final work is a mix of
the artist vision and the technical skill of the coder. but the
artist vision and graphic-monkey work becomes a major part of it.

- or you do something big that sucks :-D

But the scene spirit is to do something with your brain and the
hardware you have access to, not to compete with hollywood or the game
industry. Anyhow, that's a hobby cooler than to be braindead in front
of GTA for weeks.