As400 Version

Burg...

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
What command can I use to find the AS400 version of my machine.

TëÐ ß䣣¥ © ²ººº¼

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
Type dspptf, look at the third line from the top "Release . . . . . . . . :
VnRnMn . After that press F3=Exit....

Burg... <g.gerrits...@ruffneck.com.invalid> wrote in message

Dale R. Benolkin

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
To see the AS/400 model number: DSPSYSVAL QMODEL

To see the OS/400 version level

At the Command Line: GO LICPGM
Option 10 'Display Installed
Licensed Programs
F11 to change display

Dale

Simon Brunning

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
Burg... wrote in message
<08feae5c...@usw-ex0103-023.remarq.com>...

>What command can I use to find the AS400 version of my machine.

If you need to know this in a CL program, use:

RTVOBJD OBJ(QSYS/QCMD)
OBJTYPE(*PGM)
SYSLVL(&SYSLVL)

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.
sbru...@trisystems.co.uk
The opinions expressed are mine, and are not necessarily those of my
employer. All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any
kind whatsoever.

Mal Rush

May 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/11/00
To find the hardware details use DSPHDWRSC *PRC - and to find the software
versions use DSPSFWRSC then F11 key to show version numbers

Burg... <g.gerrits...@ruffneck.com.invalid> wrote in article

<08feae5c...@usw-ex0103-023.remarq.com>...
| What command can I use to find the AS400 version of my machine.

Thomas

May 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/11/00
Burg:

Two ways in addition to what's already given...

You can display data area QSS1MRI. This is sometimes handy if you need a
quick way to find the levels of other AS/400s in your network because
you can point to it by creating a *DDM dtaara and retrieving the remote
value. Build a list of remote AS/400 locations and pull the dtaara
values back from each.

But the way you should really look at is to use the Retrieve Product
Information (QSZRTVPR) API. I have a basic example at
http://zap.to/tl400 that does this and shows the AS/400 processor group
at the same time. Check the stuff in the "Show Processor Group" section
in my "Files" area. This group of source objects was intended to show me
processor groups, but I added the OS/400 version stuff just because it
was handy.

Tom Liotta

In article <08feae5c...@usw-ex0103-023.remarq.com>,

Burg... <g.gerrits...@ruffneck.com.invalid> wrote:
> What command can I use to find the AS400 version of my machine.
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

--
Tom Liotta
AS/400 systems programmer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Gary Monnier

May 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/11/00
Try the WRKLICINF command if you only want to see it.

Henrik V Eriksson

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
I prefere to create a dataarea in the QTEMP library, and then do a RTVOBJD
for that object to get the SYSLVL:

The variable returned has a length of 9 characters:

A 3-character version level starting in character position 1

A 3-character release level starting in character position 4

A 3-character modification level starting in character position 7

The first character of the version level is always the letter 'V'; the
first character of the release level is always the letter 'R'; the
first character of the modification level is always the letter 'M'.

Best regards

Henrik V Eriksson
XAS Denmark
h...@xpm400.com