GUI windows via DDS...How?

Charles Wilt

Aug 18, 2001, 9:29:45 AM8/18/01
I've got two programs that create windows via DDS. In one the window
uses the nice looking GUI-type border. The other uses the "." and ":"
characters. Why the difference? As far as I can tell, since I don't
specify a character in the WDWBORDER keyword, the only thing that should
affect rather or not the GUI border is used is the ENHDSP keyword on the
CRTDSPF command. In this case both display files are set ENHDSP(*YES).

Also note that I'm running both applications from the same CA session.

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps the size of the non-GUI
window has something to do with it since it is defined as:

WINDOW(4 1 16 76)

Anybody know what is going on?

Thanks,
Charles Wilt

Charles Wilt

Aug 18, 2001, 6:59:27 PM8/18/01
Ok,

After some playing around, I've determined that the largest GUI window is
WINDOW(1 2 22 74)

If you do something like
WINDOW(1 2 22 75)
WINDOW(3 1 19 74)
you'll get a non-GUI window.

Hope this helps somebody else.
Charles

In article <MPG.15e838883...@news.easynews.com>,
cw...@miamiluken.com.invalid says...

Robert Gilsdorf

Aug 19, 2001, 3:35:12 PM8/19/01
Looks kind of large for a window. Make the size smaller so the attributes
can fit on the same line. Remember the border is (attr byte)(border
char)(attr byte) in front and in back of the line length.

As for borders, you can specify blanks a the border characters and a color
of the border. If you specify blanks for border characters, specify (*DSPATR
RI) in the WDWBORDER keyword so you can see the border.

"Charles Wilt" <cw...@miamiluken.com.invalid> wrote in message