PL/I on AS/400

T.J.

Dec 1, 2008, 6:32:03 AM12/1/08
Hi everybody,

For PL/I compiler to work on V5R2, you need PRPQ 5799-GKK.
On V6R1 you need PRPQ 5799-HLG.
Problem is I can not find which PRPQ is needed for V5R4 ?
If anybody knows, thanks in advance.

iseriesflorida

Dec 1, 2008, 8:39:54 AM12/1/08

Found this:
http://www.elink.ibmlink.ibm.com/publications/servlet/pbi.wss?SSN=08LAN0022326131083&PAG=X04&SELPRD=5799-GKKPBCPEPLC00058226&BTN=INF&TRL=SRH

Product Information
Product number: 5799-GKK

Title:

IBM PL/I FOR ISERIES V5R4 'US' R 04-00 BASIC

19060217
Revised:

19060221

AVAILABLE
Comment:

PRPQ NUMBER : P10144Basic:

Publication Title
GC09-4855-01 Z/OS V1R4 COM IP AND SNA CODE
GI10-4934-01 AS/400 PL/I PRPQ PROG DIR
LK3T-8411-00 IBM PL/I FOR ISERIES V5
SC09-1825-00 AS/400 PL/I V3R1.0 USER'S GUID
SX09-1290-00 AS/400 PL/I V3R1.0 REFERENCE S

Tim M

Dec 1, 2008, 10:00:53 PM12/1/08

"T.J." <teodor...@magros.com> wrote in message
The 5799GKK is the PRPQ for V5R4 however there are some operating system
bugs that PL/I exposes and you'll want to apply these fixes:

SI09218 - Allows you to compile PL/I programs for release to V4R5
systems.
SI23819 - Fixes some memory management issues exposed by PL/I
SI29217 - Improperly nulled field in job control structures causes PL/I
programs to fail.

Stupid Shoe

Dec 2, 2008, 6:43:31 PM12/2/08

I just have to ask. Why are you looking for PL/I in the first place?

Jason

http://www.usenet.com

Jonathan Ball

Jan 2, 2009, 12:05:59 PM1/2/09
Stupid Shoe wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 12:32:03 +0100, T.J. wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> For PL/I compiler to work on V5R2, you need PRPQ 5799-GKK. On V6R1 you
>> need PRPQ 5799-HLG.
>> Problem is I can not find which PRPQ is needed for V5R4 ? If anybody
>> knows, thanks in advance.
>
> I just have to ask. Why are you looking for PL/I in the first place?

Maybe for the same reason people like to obtain and restore old cars?

No, but seriously - the original poster might have some old PL/I apps
that need to be maintained. My employer is about 99.52763% RPG - that's
just a rough guess, of course! - but there is a very small number of
COBOL programs in use. That's really unfortunate for them, of course,
because they just laid off the only COBOL developer in the company. (I
know COBOL for iSeries quite well, but I'm an administrator, and SOX
won't let me work on the apps.)